[Written] Translation Mishap

cp49100

Or as I endearingly call it: "Konami of America's Translation Team"

Translation Mishap

[Quick-Play Spell Card]

Declare the name of 2 cards; Treat the 1st declared card's name as the 2nd declared card's name until the End-Phase.

You can only activate 1 "Translation Mishap" per turn.

-----------

The slight redundancy on the card's effect is just to make it as clear as possible.

And now, a small number of examples on how to use this card:

Rename "Advanced Ritual Art" into any other Ritual Spell Card so that monsters that require specific cards, like "Lycanthrope", can be summoned by using it. Except that's something that ARA already covers so Ignore my stupidity if you whould.

•Rename a Machine-Type monster with 500 or less ATK (i.e "Hack Worm") to the name of any monster you'd like to special summon from the deck with "Machine Duplication" (It dosen't have to be a machine, so you could summon even "Elemental HERO Stratus" if you wanted).

•Rename any non-Archetype specific card into an Archetype specific card (i.e Rename "Raigeki" into "Amazoness Village" so you can easily search it with "Amazoness Call").

•Rename any card in your hand into a missing piece of Exodia (This and the above mentioned example are the reasons you can only use this card once per turn).

•Rename a "Number 39:Utopia" into anything else, watch your opponent be sad/Rename a Rank 4 Xyz you control into Utopia after you have used up its materials (i.e Number 101) and Rank it Up!

See, this card is funny cuz it's trash if you don't have an archetype searcher with it. If you do though, it can add any card you want from your deck to your hand. Also the Machine Dupe thing you mentioned, lmao, it's Special Summon 2 copies of any monster from your Deck. Overall you covered all the implications of the card so there isn't anything else I can really say other than that Advanced Ritual Art use isn't necessary whatsoever since Advance Ritual Art already works with Ritual Monsters with that wording. Really though, I love all the potential it brings to the table. It's just the fact that it can also be really dead in your hand.

Really, any archetype with a lot of archetype searchers or a card that once per turn searches works really well with this card.

Guest BGMCANN0N

This card would also be hysterical with "Polymerization" as that card already has a lot of searchers (e.g. King of the Swamps, Darling Cobra, Lunalight Black Sheep, Fluffal Owl, Fusion Sage , Fusion Recycling Plant, etc.) due to Konami trying to make Fusions relevant at one point, and funniest thing is it has a recycling card being http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Recovery if you manage to Fusion Summon something: you can simply pull back the card you changed the name of. :P

This card would also be hysterical with "Polymerization" as that card already has a lot of searchers, and funniest thing is has a recycling card being http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Recovery if you manage to Fusion Summon something: you can simply pull back the card you changed the name of. :P

That reminds me that Fusion Reserve is also and option. Lmao. Not that many pelople use it anymore.

I actually forgot Advanced Ritual Art did that, whoops!

You can special summon 3 monsters if you combo it with Inferno Reckless Summon so that's a plus! 

I can't believe I forgot to mention all the shenanigans you can get yourself into with polymerization, nice catch!

Also, you can rename a card into "Metamorphosis" , poor poor Neo Bubbleman actually gets supported by this xD

It can also cause illegal Game states, what with cards that say "You can only control 1 face up..." and Kaijus, tough I guess at that point it whould be illegal to declare the names of cards like that, it's knda funny.

Archived