Valkyrie's Ruby

cheewei27

This card mainly just to improve the burn deck in now days. what you guy think? Welcome to comment / advice or feedback. 

Valkyrie's Ruby

WIND / FAIRY

LEVEL 8 EFFECT MONSTER

ATK 2500 / DEF 2200

Any battle damage this card inflicts to your opponent is treated as effect damage instead. When you active an effects that inflict damage to your opponent: Twice the effect damage. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a non-WIND monster: Double the Battle Damage.

MgGSpw9.jpg

Only other instance of battle damage being treated as burn is Gravekeeper's Vassal (and that thing is old as hell). But yeah, it makes Dark Room of Nightmare burn hurt a lot more and essentially compounding damage on top of it. So in a way, it is doing too much, especially if you want to factor in Trickstars, which are pretty annoying nowadays (if you play with / against them, you've probably seen what they can do).

Please read again the eff for ocg/tcg grammar.

The "active an effect" part, you should clear it out.

For rating:

8/10 fr eff concpt

6/10 fr tcg/ocg grammar

8/10 for graphics

7/10 fr ovrall

This is not a proper review under the Advanced Clause, as it is just rating and nothing about the card's design in specifics. (You did it properly in the other thread)

Any Battle Damage inflicted to your opponent from a battle involving this card is treated as Effect Damage, Instead. When your opponent would take an Effect damage from the effects of card(s) you control: they take double of the amount of the Effect Damage, Instead. If this card battles an opponent's non-WIND monster, any battle damage this card inflicts to your opponent is doubled.

2500 is to small for level 8. (one could argue that is only 1 level away from 7 as fellow 2 tribute yet more appropriated) but outside Rank 8 synergy, Fairies is general don't have any non-archetypal decent search and most of its Special Summon effects don't really hold to today game standard barring Valhalla maybe. moreso this kind of card without any alternative summon tacked on it is more a burden than a tech

the only deck that take this card advantage to maximum is Trickstar. but i don't think they want this card for the above reason

the only effect that its worth it is is the effect damage doubling. this card being doubling its own battle damage is kinda cut short by the low stat i mention earlier

I can't speak for Trickstars as a whole, but I technically do use Valhalla in my WIP version with Athena (as side option). Probably only reason I'd run this card over Athena would be to double any damage from burn, and subsequently make Holy Angel stronger than usual. 2500 ATK on a Level 8 isn't necessarily bad (go look at Stardust, but then that has a useful effect), but yeah, could get away with lowering its Level to 7. 

They probably could use it to be more consistent with the burn/OTKs, but that would require testing. 

Hey guys thanks for reviewing my card and even rating!!!. But i have to say that maybe you guys forgot the fact that when this card sucess inflict 2000 battle damage is equal to an OTK . 2000 x 2 for battle damage , x 2 again for double effect damage = 8000. That why i always keep my card below 3000 ATK.

Hey guys thanks for reviewing my card and even rating!!!. But i have to say that maybe you guys forgot the fact that when this card sucess inflict 2000 battle damage is equal to an OTK . 2000 x 2 for battle damage , x 2 again for double effect damage = 8000. That why i always keep my card below 3000 ATK.

if that is the intended interaction then both your original wordings and my above fixed wording can't do that since both of them only interact with activate effects. since the battle>effect damage converter effect is continuous effect

Archived