[Written] Continuous Yawn

Continuous Yawn

Continuous Spell Card

During each of your Stand by Phases, you can set 1 face-up card on the field to face down defence position. Monsters who had their position changed by this effect cannot change their battle position. You can only control 1 face up "Continuous Yawn".

So Continuous Yawn basically sets a monster where it can't be flipped back face up but for this its limited to 1 on the field and only during the stand by phase due to the fact this card also doesn't target when using this effect.

Overwhelmed me with that run-on sentence in your design notes. But that's alright, I can read the card.

Far too slow for its output. It does nothing for a turn, and when it eventually gets around to doing something, it's a very low-key effect, which doesn't help its case. I suppose you could shut down a troublesome monster by putting it in a vulnerable position for good, but eventually you'll have to deal with it somehow unless it's some sort of lock or Ghostrick deck. While it can affect S/Ts as well, there are very few reasons to simply Set an opponent's S/T as opposed to just getting rid of it.

Overwhelmed me with that run-on sentence in your design notes. But that's alright, I can read the card.

Far too slow for its output. It does nothing for a turn, and when it eventually gets around to doing something, it's a very low-key effect, which doesn't help its case. I suppose you could shut down a troublesome monster by putting it in a vulnerable position for good, but eventually you'll have to deal with it somehow unless it's some sort of lock or Ghostrick deck. While it can affect S/Ts as well, there are very few reasons to simply Set an opponent's S/T as opposed to just getting rid of it.

Actually, it cannot affect Spell/Traps because those cards cannot be placed in 'defense position'.

It's an okay-ish card, IMO; is 1 turn slow yes, but then it gives you a bunch of disruption, and it should push the opponent towards removing it or else he/she will have 1 of his/her monsters disabled every turn that can end up locking his/her Monster Zones if you let them remain face-down, and that can be annoying.

Archived