[Leaderboard] Aez vs CuriousHeartless! A Battle of Massive Minions!

ÆƵ–

All Leaderboard rules apply
First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
Cards must be PM'd to me.
Written cards are allowed.
Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
The deadline for cards is 48 hours after challenge has been accepted.
The deadline for votes is 96 hours (4 days) after cards have been posted.
In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:
Level 4 monster with 2200+ ATK

[spoiler=Card A]

Detour Diesel Driver

Level 4/ EARTH

Machine/ Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is in your hand: You can reveal this card; Shuffle this card into the Deck, then draw 1 card. If this card is Special Summoned: halve it's original ATK. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as part of a Summon or card effect of a Machine-Type monster: You can target 1 Machine-Type monster in your Graveyard, except "Detour Diesel Driver"; Add it to your hand, then you can send 1 Machine-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Detour Diesel Driver" once per turn.

2400 ATK/ 0 DEF

[spoiler=Card B]

Hyperspeed Pachycephalo
Level 4/ LIGHT
Dinosaur/ Effect
If this card attacks a Defense Position monster: Destroy the attack target, and if you do, deal 1000 damage to your opponent.

During your End Phase: Banish 1 Dinosaur-type monster from your Graveyard. If you cannot, destroy this card.
2300 ATK/ 200 DEF

Card A only has a niche for being summoned in Train builds or off Iron Call with only 1200 ATK. Going off the former, it has less utility than even Lionhearted (recall what that does). Granted, it does let you recycle stuff when needed and ultimately serves as a Foolish Burial for Machines, but that's really it. Card could go places if it didn't have the halved ATK restriction (wouldn't really matter if you summon this off Switchyard for Rank 10s, but then you won't be sending this to the Graveyard often, except to maybe get Fortress out), but as-is, not really.

(I mentioned Trains here because they're the only Deck that can even remotely use this card given its own limitations on summoning)

Card B basically pluses off Ultimate Conductor's effect (or even the Token summoned off Lost World) and fuels Tyranno Infinity kills if you can mill enough (which you will, given Oviraptor and Lost World itself). Normally I would say that the banish cost limits its longevity, but because Infinity among other things exists, it just makes the OTK more consistent. And yeah, goes in line with Dinos having massive ATK stats for monsters of equivalent Level.

====

So yeah, card B gets it. A just has too many restrictions to really see active play.

Card A only has a niche for being summoned in Train builds or off Iron Call with only 1200 ATK. Going off the former, it has less utility than even Lionhearted (recall what that does). Granted, it does let you recycle stuff when needed and ultimately serves as a Foolish Burial for Machines, but that's really it. Card could go places if it didn't have the halved ATK restriction (wouldn't really matter if you summon this off Switchyard for Rank 10s, but then you won't be sending this to the Graveyard often, except to maybe get Fortress out), but as-is, not really.

(I mentioned Trains here because they're the only Deck that can even remotely use this card given its own limitations on summoning)

Card B basically pluses off Ultimate Conductor's effect (or even the Token summoned off Lost World) and fuels Tyranno Infinity kills if you can mill enough (which you will, given Oviraptor and Lost World itself). Normally I would say that the banish cost limits its longevity, but because Infinity among other things exists, it just makes the OTK more consistent. And yeah, goes in line with Dinos having massive ATK stats for monsters of equivalent Level.

====

So yeah, card B gets it. A just has too many restrictions to really see active play.

Normally I would accept this, but the one thing I take issue with is this: these things are Level 4. With as much ATK as they have, they should have heavy restrictions. Sure, they can generate advantage regardless, but they should have to jump through some kind of hoop to do so because they're so damn beefy.

That's true, but I do feel that A's restrictions are cutting down on what it can end up doing in the long run and feels more like a support card meant for off-field usage. Only advantage A really gets is triggering Fortress and maybe Railcar for delayed searching if it gets ditched by another Machine (which is pretty much itself milling copies or again, Fortress). It has 2400 ATK, which is great and all, but it's just there and outside of maybe Skill Drain Machines, it won't be using that stat to the fullest. I did mention that Switchyard can summon this if you combo properly (in which case, the halved stat doesn't matter), but using VCR's guide as a base, it likely faces the same fate as Lionhearted, even if it can offer something off the field.

B requires that you banish Dinos to fuel its lifespan, but in that sense, banishing technically fuels into another play Dinos have at their disposal.

(At the time of writing, it is rather late and I do have an exam within the next couple hours. If I need to reconsider my vote, then I will later in the day.)

That's true, but I do feel that A's restrictions are cutting down on what it can end up doing in the long run and feels more like a support card meant for off-field usage. Only advantage A really gets is triggering Fortress and maybe Railcar for delayed searching if it gets ditched by another Machine (which is pretty much itself milling copies or again, Fortress). It has 2400 ATK, which is great and all, but it's just there and outside of maybe Skill Drain Machines, it won't be using that stat to the fullest. I did mention that Switchyard can summon this if you combo properly (in which case, the halved stat doesn't matter), but using VCR's guide as a base, it likely faces the same fate as Lionhearted, even if it can offer something off the field.

B requires that you banish Dinos to fuel its lifespan, but in that sense, banishing technically fuels into another play Dinos have at their disposal.

(At the time of writing, it is rather late and I do have an exam within the next couple hours. If I need to reconsider my vote, then I will later in the day.)

I acknowledge that you have things to attend to, and thus I will leave this for you to ponder:

Card a vs lionhearted:

Card a can cycle itself back into deck, lionhearted can't.

Card a, from what I can tell, can be activated when being detached as xyz material.

Card a can put fortress in the grave, leaving gearframe for switchyard plays.

Card b:

Gives dinos more power. This just might be my salt talking, but dinos don't need more power.

Only has 1 restriction, which as you mentioned in your initial post, isn't much of a restriction with how flooded the grave gets.

To me, there's no downside to card b, which it should have because of how good its first effect is as well as its massive stats on a normal summonable body.

You know what, I'm just going to vote for C [i avoided doing so because considering the section's inactivity, it's unlikely you'll get another vote on either side, given the rules on how card C votes end up being when contest finishes].

B has better usability, but then it literally abuses Infinity and Lost World to generate fodder. A is the more fair of the two, but has its fair share of issues of coming out (which I already mentioned). 

tl;dr:

A is more balanced, but is almost never going to hit the field for more than a turn or is playing a support role.

B is better off on its own, but gets crazy due to the SR04 cards that support it. 

Archived