[DP18] Water Dragon Cluster

C_coXouUMAAcfEl.jpg?ssl=1

Water Dragon Cluster
Water Sea Serpent / Special Summon / Effect
LV10 2800/2600

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by a “Bonding” Spell/Trap Card, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can activate this effect; the ATK of all effect monsters your opponent currently controls becomes 0, also their effects cannot be activated. These changes last until the end of this turn.
(2) During either player’s turn: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 2 “Water Dragon” from your hand and/or Deck in Defense Position, ignoring their Summoning conditions.

sauce: https://ygorganization.com/dp18-misawas-card/

now that's a buff. potential OTK on legs.... well you can also use it for Rank 8 to lockout the heavily disadvantage opponent. based on the wording, i really hoping we getting more of Bonding S/T and more chemistry dragons variant...especially the elusive Fire Dragon

This is so out of left field it entered from the right. Still, I wonder if Bonding - H2O will get an errata to say it SSs a "Water Dragon" monster, given this card's text. Or, as said above, we'll see some new Bonding cards. Or they're just future proofing I dunno.

One of the better "A Wild Monster Appears" targets (simply because it can get rid of most problem monsters and it can get rid of itself later).

Based solely on this card, I'm actually thinking that another bonding card they'll make will be quick-play.

Also... F*** YEAH, MORE CHEM STUFF!

You're only getting 4 new cards from Bastion, including what is obviously going to be another "Bonding" card. Considering there's only 2 more slots besides this and that, you're probably not going to get your freaking Fire Dragon.

It's not completely impossible if they do something like this:

Water Dragon Cluster

Nitrogeddon

Fire Dragon

Bonding- Something (works for Water and Fire)

Water Dragon

Oxygeddon 

Hydrogeddon 

I don't see Oxygeddon or Hydrogeddon being retrained since they're still more or less "okay" cards and all the recent dinosaur support helps them out indirectly. Nitrogen is the primary missing element after oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon for common chemical reactions so Nitrogeddon somehow supporting the previous cards and being used with Oxygeddon for Fire Dragon seems...not entirely left field. And we did get Cosmic Blazar Dragon eventually so Fire Dragon has a shot, largely because I'm really not sure what else they can do with these unless we get something like Oil Dragon or Heavy Water Dragon.

It's not completely impossible if they do something like this:

Water Dragon Cluster

Nitrogeddon

Fire Dragon

Bonding- Something (works for Water and Fire)

Water Dragon

Oxygeddon

Hydrogeddon

I don't see Oxygeddon or Hydrogeddon being retrained since they're still more or less "okay" cards and all the recent dinosaur support helps them out indirectly. Nitrogen is the primary missing element after oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon for common chemical reactions so Nitrogeddon somehow supporting the previous cards and being used with Oxygeddon for Fire Dragon seems...not entirely left field. And we did get Cosmic Blazar Dragon eventually so Fire Dragon has a shot, largely because I'm really not sure what else they can do with these unless we get something like Oil Dragon or Heavy Water Dragon.

I assume Carboneddon will get a reprint considering it works with Red Eyes as well

Fire Dragon is definitely not in the pack.

This pack has been entirely composed of OCG Original Cards. Blazar, however, was shown to be treated as an "anime card", despite never officially showing up. Fire Dragon would fall under this.

However, there is a slot it COULD fill in the Collector's Pack, between the Dino trap and the Timelords.

Also really doubt Carboneddon because reprinting the components of Water Dragon just makes more sense.

Archived