Diamond Duston

[spoiler Staring into your soul]diamond_duston__artwork__by_lkgiancarlo-

When a card(s) on the field is destroyed by battle or card effect: Special Summon "Duston" monsters from your Deck to anywhere on the field, equal to the number of those destroyed cards. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 "Duston" monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card in Defense Position as a Normal Monster (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 1000) to your opponent's field. (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) This effect can only be used once while this card is in the Graveyard. If Summoned this way, it cannot be Tributed, or be used as Material for a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon.

So... I just realized that Dustons aren't as completely screwed over by Link rules as I'd thought. Dustons can easily make a 1-card Topologic Bomber Dragon. Once that happens, this can pretty much loop itself into Bomber Dragon's Link Point however much you want and stop your opponent from ever getting monsters on the field.

Am I missing anything? Am I completely delusional for wanting Dustons to be viable in any capacity? Let me know if this is something that can be pulled off.

It's too slow.

yeah, having 4+ nukes is cute, especially on spell speed 2, but the issue is that you're playing bad cards for a slow wincon, with no real T1 plays.

And if you make Topo then use this, why not just play a better deck not reliant on drawing a trap?

Just Normal Summon in the linked zone and go from there. Topologic Bomber only nukes on Special Summon.

This got me to thinking of using Prime Monarch for Topological since its easier to set up and you got normie summons.

only prob is that on top of being gated by grave set-up, you also need 3-4 monsters which monarchs usually dont have lmao (though theres predaplant into brilliant fusion)

Am I completely delusional for wanting Dustons to be viable in any capacity?

So what I'm getting here is "yes, I am delusional". :insert embarrassed laugh emoji here:

Anyway, you guys brought up good points. It is really difficult to set up t1 and can be fairly easily stopped t2+. Also, the fact that it can be gotten around by a mere NS was something I'd overlooked completely.

Thanks all for your input! Guess I'll just stick to my Topologic Black Garden deck for now.

Archived