[Planning] Need YuGiOh card names for chapters

Catterjune

tl;dr version - I'm writing a fanfic. Chapter titles will be cards names.

What's the chapter about?

There's lots of them. Probably about OH-LETS-SAY twenty seven chapters, and if a sequel or trilogy is planned, will need 27 for each of those as well.

I haven't written them out yet. Everything is mostly still the in planning phase, but I'll probably try to push towards making the chapter titles appropriate to what actually happens in the chapter.

So... show me what you got!

What's the actual theme of the story?

Penalty Game! / Hidden Soldiers / Wall of Thorns / Forbidden Apocrypha / Sixth Sense / The Gift of Greed / At One with the Sword / Next to be Lost / Graceful Tear / Collected Power / Reinforce Truth / Reckoned Power / World Suppression / Beckoning Light / Spirit Force , just to name a few. I could probably find more specific ones, though.

The Beginning of the End 

Hope for Escape

Last Resort

Ray of Hope

Shining Hope Road (Too cheesy imo)

Reasoning

One Day of Peace

Change of Heart

Storm

Ceasefire

Self-Destruct Button

Safe Zone

Final Countdown

Shield & Sword

Shift (A more situational one depending on the chapter)

Malevolent Catastrophe

Rivalry of Warlords

Solemn Judgment, Warning, Etc

United We Stand

Spiritualism

Royal Decree

Straight Flush

Nightmare's Steelcage

Imperial Order

Crystal Promise

The Wicked Avatar

Birthright

Unity

Burden of the Mighty

Holding Legs/Arms

Recycling Batteries

Preparation of Rites

Break Away

Final Destiny

Divine Punishment

Retort

Burning Land

Clear World

Shrink

Spell of Pain

Magic Formula

Mask Change

Multiply

Silent Doom

Allure of Darkness

Ties of the Brethren

Silver's Cry

Card of Demise

Stumbling

Chicken Game

End of the World

Enemy Controller

Checkmate

Dragged Down into the Grave

Hidden Armory

Break! Draw!

Pseudo Space

The Dark Door

Mind Control

Soul Exchange

Emergency Provisions

Snatch Steal

Contract with the Dark Master

Rekindling

Misfortune

(Will edit and add more later maybe)

in no particular order:

Cry Havoc!

Sacred Serpent's Wake

Murmur of the forest 

Ancient one of the Deep forest 

Miracle restoring

Tremendous fire

endless decay

Staunch defender

tenderness

Splendid rose

Fiendish engine omega

end of the world

dragon queen of tragic endings

black pendent

ascending soul

chaos end

absolute end

Go to the online or offline dueling software of your choice. Type words into the search fields. Write down any useful names you find. It's generally better for you to do the work yourself instead of trying to crowdsource it, seeing as you know the story and nobody else does.

Like, maybe you're going for really simple, literal chapter titles and use names like Heavy Storm, Dark Coffin, Wasteland, Shift, Question, Last Turn, etc.

And there are probably hundreds of cards that don't look like titles at all but might be perfect for something in your story. Things like "Fiend Comedian", "Big Burn", "Blasting the Ruins", "Dark Bribe", "The Tricky", "ZERO-MAX", whatever.

And if you're open to anime and/or Japanese names, you've got even more choices.

What's the actual theme of the story?

... Probably a Duel Academy ;)

It's generally better for you to do the work yourself instead of trying to crowdsource it, seeing as you know the story and nobody else does.

Nah fam.

Honest reply though, not too sure where to begin with tough. DN doesn't exist anymore. I don't trust Duel Book or whatever that shithole is called. PercyPro's search is awful since it searches card descriptions.

FOR EXAMPLE!

Let's say I wanted to have a romantic subplot in one chapter. I type in "love" into the search engine. First response is Vorse Raider. =\

Just about the only ones I could use would be Happy Lover, Arcana Force VI - The Lovers, and Rose Lover.

But there's better cards that could help elaborate on it! Solemn Wishes, Hidden Wish. And they're not all that intuitive. I could look up "Secret" and get better results. "The Secret of the Bandit", "Secret of the Gallant". But... even then I haven't played the game in forever so my mind on the card pool is limited.

I suppose rather then just asking for Card Names, maybe sort of follow a theme?

Card Names for "action-adventurey" chapters?

Card Names for "funny" random slice-of-life chapters?

Card Names for "romancey" chapters?

Card Names for various other genres? IDK though.

I don't trust Duel Book or whatever that shithole is called.

*long silence* god I probably shouldn't be trusting them with my password should i

Anyway, here are the names of cards that would apply to the first five chapters of a YGO fic idea I recently abandoned:

Two-Man Cell Battle

Mechanical Chaser

Covering Fire

Mind Control

Melodious Illusion

Triangle Power

These aren't obvious choices (except Mind Control). They're all specific to the events of that particular story. People can throw out tons of names, but they're probably not going to be much help even if you specify a genre. You might want to try naming chapters after a significant or emblematic card that appears in the chapter, instead. (For myself, I know "Machine Emperor Wisel Infinity" would be a much better name for chapter four than "Mind Control".) Acknowledging that using card names as chapter titles is a beautiful gimmick if you can pull it off but is ultimately just a gimmick and you can always just name your chapters normally is another option. But if you don't want to do that, here are some of the cards I considered using in the list I generated, before I found better replacements:

Trial of the Princesses

United Front

United We Stand

Speed Drift

Turnabout

Cross Counter

Reversal of Fate

Puppet Master

Oath of Companionship

Basically any Equip Spell card if you want an artifact and/or a cheesy name.

Dimension Explosion

Void Seer

Malice Dispersion

Unity (lol)

Beserker Soul

Beserker Crush

Your best strategy is use PercyPro's searcher to select a type of Spell/Trap card, then quickly scroll through names, and if you find one that sounds interesting, add it to a database for future use under a certain category.

Archived