The Emoji Movie

Hear me out.

This movie trailer needs to be seen and watched on YouTube itself so we can vote with our dislikes. People pay attention to the like-dislike ratios of big trailers, and since Sony is trying AGAIN to shove a tentpole down our collective throats like they did last year with Ghostbusters, it's time they knew just how much we hate their cookie-cutter, by-the-numbers drivel.
So click that link on the embedded video, and vote this trailer down as hard as you can, then tell your friends to dislike the trailer, too.
Show the world that we do not want this movie.

How in the f*** did they land Patrick Stewart for this? Jesus, I'm gonna need help downvoting this.

wym if I was Patrick Stewart this woulda been EZ money

@op

lmao movie looks lame but why u gotta convince ppl to hate on it like bruh, this the type of low hanging fruit that baits film studies 101 kid critics all the time smh.

too much effort imo for 0 exposure when u could just watch guardians of the galaxy 2 instead

n0body care about ur downvote lmao those aren't wallets GG

its a bunch of corporate executives tryna be hip and cool with the kids this happened so much why do we bother being outraged (SONY/MARVEL/DC/Hillary Clinton/Bill Nye)

its even worse when u have shitty wannabe youtube comedian having stock image of businessman and talking with their prepubescent voice smh ur skit is not funny 

Well the movie tries a new and peculiar approach in the digital world, much like DigimonApplimonsters, which takes place mostly inside a mobile phone system, pretty interesting but not that exciting, well we can experience the feeling of surfing a tech device, the main characters aren't really that interesting and such, but maybe we can make a "guess the meme challenge" for some fun at least...

• 1 month later...

I have yet to watch the trailer or really know anything of the plot, but let me just say, based on what I do know, the concept is ridiculously horrible. Everyone says that Hollywood (i.e. the film industry) is running out of ideas, but I think that the real problem is that they not only have run out of original and decent ideas (first Pixels, now this), but don't even bother to even try to come up with new ones.

I am all for the downvote campaign, but I believe this movie is part of a larger problem in American entertainment and culture. This larger problem, as I percieve it, is mainly consistent by sticking with the same old tropes, marketing strategies, cast members, etc. (Let me know if you wish me to elaborate.)

As I see it, this stale establishment, as I will refer to it in this post, will go on if we only tackle it movie by movie, as it it were an individual problem for each movie. I think it is our right and duty, as the people, to stand up and fight against this stale establishment, albeit peacefully. If there is hope for change, whether it be in entertainment, broader culture, politics, or some other field, the masses should work together to bring the change about. I don't think a downvote campaign will be enough to bring about this change alone, but it is a good start.

lmfao people still think downvoting means anything

xdee

I have yet to watch the trailer or really know anything of the plot, but let me just say, based on what I do know, the concept is ridiculously horrible. Everyone says that Hollywood (i.e. the film industry) is running out of ideas, but I think that the real problem is that they not only have run out of original and decent ideas (first Pixels, now this), but don't even bother to even try to come up with new ones.

I am all for the downvote campaign, but I believe this movie is part of a larger problem in American entertainment and culture. This larger problem, as I percieve it, is mainly consistent by sticking with the same old tropes, marketing strategies, cast members, etc. (Let me know if you wish me to elaborate.)

As I see it, this stale establishment, as I will refer to it in this post, will go on if we only tackle it movie by movie, as it it were an individual problem for each movie. I think it is our right and duty, as the people, to stand up and fight against this stale establishment, albeit peacefully. If there is hope for change, whether it be in entertainment, broader culture, politics, or some other field, the masses should work together to bring the change about. I don't think a downvote campaign will be enough to bring about this change alone, but it is a good start.

FIRST PIXELS NOW THIS WHAT NEXT MOVIES ARE DOOMED???

good choice, adam sandler movies are the biggest bait instead of casting a wider net lets zero in on movies people will forget after a decade. sounds like we got an epidemic!

Archived