Next Month’s Promo is “V-LAN Hydra”!

DAAWm7_UAAAJguF.jpg?resize=225%2C300&ssl

DAAWm7-VYAAhddy.jpg?resize=225%2C300&ssl

DDD Choushioh Zero Maxwell / D/D/D/ Supersight King Zero Maxwell
Level 7 DARK Fiend-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 2500
Pendulum Effect:
You can only use this card name’s Pendulum Effect once per turn.
(1) You can target 1 face-up monster; that monster’s DEF becomes 0 until the end of this turn.
Monster Effect:
(1) Before damage calculation, if this card atttacks a Defense Position monster: You can have that opponent’s monster’s DEF become 0 until the end of the Damage Step.
(2) If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.
(3) You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.

DAAWm7-V0AAMuch.jpg?resize=225%2C300&ssl

White Stingray
Level 4 WATER Fish-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1400
DEF 1000
You can only Special Summon a card with this card name with the way written in its (1) effect once per turn. You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 WATER monster.
(2) If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can have this card become treated as a Tuner during this turn.

https://ygorganization.com/ifirstreadthatasvilanhydra/

White Stingray is pretty ridiculous, considering there are so many WATER monsters that want so desperately to be sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a fellow WATER monster.
I guess Maxwell is OK in D/D/Ds? I don't play them, so I don't know if they need something to get over Superheavies or not.

Looking at what D/D's have at present, while it would be nice to deal heavy piercing damage, don't think they want it. As for Superheavies, D/D's shouldn't be having issues with them. Last effect on Maxwell is kinda meh; I guess it saves you from getting blasted by sudden stat changes on the opponent's end, but yeah.

I haven't touched them in a while (least with their recent additions), but yeah, don't think this offers much outside of an awkward Scale, piercing and a big enough body. idk, I guess D/D users who use Beowulf (think he pierces too) can capitalize on that as well, assuming that's being used. Do correct me if I'm wrong on its usage.

To be fair, only D/D cards that are still anime/manga only are Reiji's Surveyors, but those are Pendulums and the new field setup does not help them (unless they get changed, but unlikely those changes, if any, will make them worth it). Maxwell got buffed here, but still bad.

Ren.dek might be worth a shot now once everything is added (for test playing on YGOPro and the like). Stingray is indeed good.

Stingray doesn't trigger them. It isn't an effect with a cost, it is a condition for an inherent summon, like machina fortress.

Maxwell is adorable. Can be added to the pile of D/D support that fills a nonexistent niche. I would honestly love him if he were scale 3 or 9, but that just isn't the case so he is another big dumb body to sit in binders on rarity alone.

Archived