Wording Change Suggestions

We've seen that Konami is making some wording changes like shortening Graveyard to GY, dropping the -type thing in card effects, and I think changing 'Once per turn, during either player's turn' to 'Once per turn [Quick Effect]' but I only saw that on written versions of the new cards so I'm unsure if that's wording or whoever wrote them down being lazy.

So what are some other wording suggestions y'all would like to see implemented? I would say not to suggest anything ridiculous but considering the Graveyard -> GY change then they might not be too far off.

Personally I think the piercing effect is common enough it can be shortened to just "This card inflicts Piercing damage." Which actually did appear on Cyberdark Horn and nothing else. I see no need for an entire extraneous clause or the need to specify that the damage is battle damage or that it is dealt to the opponent. Okay maybe the battle damage thing since it is caused by an effect so that may trip some up, but the rest is purely extraneous.

The "piercing" keyword has already been adopted. For example, Chaos MAX Dragon and Zoodiac Thorougblade are among the recent cards that have "piercing" to describe its effect.

A keyword I would like to see is actually giving a name to the place that banished cards go, if only because so many card makers make the mistake of using terms like "banished Zone" or "banished pile" when writing effects that involve banished monsters, when technically the "banished Zone" isn't a thing.

I didn't mean keywording piercing itself, that goes back to Airknight Parsath. I mean reducing the long "If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent" down. It's a line and a half itself so it clutters up cards while just "This card inflicts piercing battle damage" is shorter than either half of that so it's more like 3/4 of a line instead of nearly two.

The thing about (Quick Effect) is probably because a bunch of more recent effects, they'd say "(This is a Quick Effect)" to specify that it's a Quick Effect. Usually the effect itself was obviously classified as a Quick, regardless, but it was a way to clarify that it wasn't a Trigger Effect that could go off on the opponent's turn. So outright saying "(Quick Effect)" is just a way to simplify without having to say "This is a Quick Effect" immediately afterwards.

It's about flow of effect text. Printing the full effect, then saying "This is a Quick Effect" afterwards is a little trickier to fully comprehend compared to earlier stating that the effect you're ABOUT to read is a Quick Effect.

Archived