Man sues his date for texting during movie.

They settled it out of court apparently.

She gave him his refund and hopefully learned some basic respect. 

I think this is the regrettable part of this story. He already went this far, he may as well go all the way. It may be an extremely minor thing to make a fuss about but he tried to anyway, it feels a little wasteful it's stopping there. Plus it totally contradicts the whole principle thing the dude mentioned earlier.

The precedent this creates may or may not be a bad thing but as far as one-time things go I wouldn't mind seeing someone actually win a lawsuit for something this small. I mean, this is you murricans after all, you people have lawsuits and lawyers involved in everything.

It's the lack of second thought that's the issue. The whole point is to make your date feel appreciated, respected, prioritized and loved (ideally both parties are doing this), and it's not happening if they're playing second fiddle to your phone. 

I haven't had the displeasure of dating someone with the gall to text someone in medius date, but if I did you'd best believe I'd jabronislap them so hard that they'll be the one paying fees.

You seem to not have the pleasure of dating people anyways. Be aggressive in the bedroom, not in public. Also, it is not your job or the point of a date to do any of that sheet. It should come naturally. The only point of a date is to have a good time.

You seem to not have the pleasure of dating people anyways. Be aggressive in the bedroom, not in public. Also, it is not your job or the point of a date to do any of that s***. It should come naturally. The only point of a date is to have a good time.

I mean this is YCM im pretty sure basic dating and respect is disregarded 

This is totally unrelated but there are movies made to be text in, like for example the smurf movies which due to its brightness, a phone wont affect much. Its also riddled with a lot of product placement, thereby influencing the moviegoers to look it up real time while they are watching. The next examples due to come is the upcoming EMOJI movie. 

You seem to not have the pleasure of dating people anyways. 

And you seem to have a poor memory as we've previously discussed our love lives, but your assumption is false nevertheless. 

It's clear you and I have different ideas of what a pleasurable date is (personally I prefer my dates to be with guys and in the bedroom straightaway), but really it's entirely up to you how you choose to date and what your standards and expectations are. Personally, I don't have time for people who act aloof or like they don't care as I don't have a good time with such people. 

This is totally unrelated but there are movies made to be text in, like for example the smurf movies which due to its brightness, a phone wont affect much. Its also riddled with a lot of product placement, thereby influencing the moviegoers to look it up real time while they are watching. The next examples due to come is the upcoming EMOJI movie. 

Pretty sure smurf movies and The Emoji Movie aren't high up on the list of movies to take dates to (although the same can be said for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 lol), but okay. 

And you seem to have a poor memory as we've previously discussed our love lives, but your assumption is false nevertheless. 

It's clear you and I have different ideas of what a pleasurable date is (personally I prefer my dates to be with guys and in the bedroom straightaway), but really it's entirely up to you how you choose to date and what your standards and expectations are. Personally, I don't have time for people who act aloof or like they don't care as I don't have a good time with such people.

That explains a lot. If you take it straight to the bedroom, people being on their phones would be kind of discouraging.

Real serious mcserious guy, he cant have any form of lightheartedness or rumor. Gotta be serious serious. Nobody takes people to emoji movie or smurf on dates. I only like SERIOUS SERIOUS. 

Your posts are funnier and seem more fitting it they are read with irony.

Well, this thread certainly blew up since I last checked it. Nice work, everyone.

My posts are all intended to be read with the earnesty of Nickelback. 

Any time! <3

I'm gonna ask you guys to kindly stay on topic.  If you don't have anything to contribute, please don't spam.  No need to devolve the thread.  Thank you.

She said she was texting a friend who needed her...

bruh there are things far more important than a date

Then you can easily answer the phone, outside of the theater. It's not hard.

If it was me who had to answer a call from a friend in need, in the middle of the movie, I would politely nudge my date and go "Sorry, but I need to take this I'll be back." I would then exit the theater room and call or continue texting said friend.

Also, phones should never be on in a movie. Period.

I also love everybody judging my potential love life because I have a differing opinion. This might come as a surprise, but a lot of people actually sympathize with the guy, and find this a good dose of funk you to people who pull this sheet.

This might come as a surprise, but a lot of people actually sympathize with the guy, and find this a good dose of funk you to people who pull this sheet.

It was an overdose.

If the date didn't go well, then he didn't need to go on another one. Asking for the money back would have even been fine, if not a bit silly.

Threatening a civil suit to make up for a bad date is just sad.

See the thing that bothers me is that it doesn't tell me if he said anything to her. It sounds like he got annoyed and later on decided to sue them. If it really was an issue he could have spoken up in the moment. Especially if, as he claims, he was worrying about it ruining the experience for the moviegoers.

His claims that this is for the principle are entirely washed away by the fact that he settled on just getting his money back and didn't, as far as we know, try and stop it in the moment.

Also I have to say that if you decide to pay for a date, especially a first date from someone you haven't met, then you should be ready for potential consequences. A bad date is a bad date and that's that. It's the risk you take when you date and it certainly wasn't the worst thing that could've happened.

Calling it a date from hell is way overboard as well. Especially as from the article it says she did this only for a 15 minute period.

Then you can easily answer the phone, outside of the theater. It's not hard.

If it was me who had to answer a call from a friend in need, in the middle of the movie, I would politely nudge my date and go "Sorry, but I need to take this I'll be back." I would then exit the theater room and call or continue texting said friend.

Also, phones should never be on in a movie. Period.

I also love everybody judging my potential love life because I have a differing opinion. This might come as a surprise, but a lot of people actually sympathize with the guy, and find this a good dose of f*** you to people who pull this s***.

A lot of people sympathized with the guy, but "a lot of people" means a specific population that you through your filtered lenses found. These specimen comprised of mostly lonely virgin males so who are inherently openly misogynistic for no reason. A lot of people sympathize with him, and a lot more thinks hes a man-child. 

Whens the YCM movie night btw, or I'll have to MAKE MY OWN starring the raid 2. Good thing you can text at a YCM movie night

A lot of people sympathized with the guy, but "a lot of people" means a specific population that you through your filtered lenses found. These specimen comprised of mostly lonely virgin males so who are inherently openly misogynistic for no reason. A lot of people sympathize with him, and a lot more thinks hes a man-child. 

Whens the YCM movie night btw, or I'll have to MAKE MY OWN starring the raid 2. Good thing you can text at a YCM movie night

Working on it. It's tough to do that with everyone having different schedules and such. We'll find a day for sure.

Archived