Superheavy Samurai Tenjin [Written]

Etlajh

Attribute: Earth
Synchro/Tuner/Effect
Level 4
Attack: 0
Defense: 2000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Effect: This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it, does apply it's DEF for damage calculation. When this card is Synchro Summoned and if you have no Spell/Trap cards in your Graveyard: You can draw 1 card, show it, and if it's a monster destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field, otherwise send it to the Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Superheavy Samurai Tenjin" once per turn.

So I made this card since the Superheavy Samurai's need a bit of consistency.

Also lore wise this card is based on a japanese god/kami. Tenjin is the god/kami of scholarship (or knowledge) so I thought that drawing a card might fit.

EDIT: Made it generic instead of needing a superheavy samurai tuner.

I remember saying this to another user long ago, but last time I checked, Level 4 is not something that Superheavies are capable of making without going into obscure combos that aren't ideal. Granted, this does give Superheavies their own MST (if I remember correctly, only other option they have is Thief for doing this, but that one is more consistent). Also the fact that it lacks the standard "use its DEF for damage calculation".

To be honest, you probably could make it generic; outside Superheavies and what other monster mash decks, most Decks can't make good use of this (a lot of them run Level 4s, so that's out, and any of the lower Level decks would prefer other options.)

Thank you for the feedback.

I changed the card a bit.

Superheavy samurai's have the level 8 synchro which is also an MST with a 500 burn, but originally my card would destroy monsters, but I didn't think it'd fit the theme of Superheavy Samurais since they are an archetype that hates spells and traps.

Archived