Yu-Gi-Oh! Trivial Wars [OOC/PG-16/Started/Not Accepting]

[spoiler=Salmon Girl]Name: Hana Monroe

Nationality: Kestorian

Alignment: Kestoria

[spoiler=Appearance]The Image

Hana is fairly tall, at 5'6", and weighs a healthy 140 pounds. Her shoulder length hair is kept at the bare minimum of taken care of, and it isn't uncommon for there to be some hair curling up near the bottom. This is especially true when it's particularly humid, as her hair often becomes frizzy if not kept taken care of in humidity. Her bangs, which are cut in a messy fashion, tend to just barely not cover her eyes.

She isn't very muscular and if you are looking closely you would be able to notice she has a small amount of fat to her, especially around her thighs, likely caused by excessive seafood eating.

Her clothing tends towards "comfortable" and is always either a shade of orange or pink, or both. She tries to go barefoot whenever possible as she enjoys the feeling of the ground on her feet.

[spoiler=Personality]The world is your oyster and Hana really loves to eat oyster. Free spirit is the first thing that comes to mind when describing this Kestorian girl. She loves to just enjoy life and doesn't seem to get troubled very easily. She believes that the world is an absolutely beautiful place and loves exploring it or even simply existing in it. This causes her to get excited over mundane things like how the wind feels or the shape of a cloud or how that one star waaaaay to the right shines just slightly more than the rest.

Hana is quite the scatterbrain, unable to really focus on something for long. Because she believes that there's no point in a life spent worrying about things. To really live you must rid yourself of thoughts like "I should do this" and "I shouldn't do that." This causes her to be at odds with authority figures often. Not because she intentionally goes against them but simply because she doesn't seem capable of buckling down and completing a task without getting distracted several times along the way.

Many people find it difficult to stay angry at her, however, as she just exudes a happy energy that can easily take one over if they aren't careful. She has been known to drag people into her little adventures, which usually are something like running through the grass or climbing a tree, and she does it with a bright and lively smile.

However this all only applies when Hana is kept fed. For when she gets hungry she becomes a menace. Aggressive and crabby, liable to snap at anyone for anything, she has been known to push people down the stairs in this state when they don't move fast enough for her liking. She seems aware of this but often loses focus and forgets to fix it before she gets to the level of hunger that unleashes the beast. Though she does actively look for food more intently when she first feels the pangs of hunger hit her.

[spoiler=History]Born to a rather eccentric pair, Hana from early on was tossed head-first in a lifestyle of travel and excitement. Her parents were very odd in that they were obsessed with a somewhat unknown land to the East, which was known mostly as the origin of the Kaiju archetype, and they tried to share this passion with their daughter. Hana for her part tried to have the same level of enthusiasm but she found that she was just enthusiastic about the world in general that she couldn't focus her enthusiasm to just the one place.

However the single thing she did find about it to love was the food called sushi. She would eat it and eat it and eat it, often more than she really needed, because of just how much she loved it. Soon enough her parents found that they were starting to fall into poverty. In part due to how expensive the food that their daughter so loved was. They found they had to make a decision. Either stop their adventurous ways or cut their daughter off from sushi. They chose the latter.

This did not go so well. Hana went on a hunger strike in a fit of childish rebellion. She had never gone hungry a day in her life and so she was unaware of what happened to her mental state when hungry. She lashed out at her parents and they were forced to kick her out.

Once she got food into her she felt terrible about what she did and tried apologizing to her parents. However they had already moved on to their next adventure. Hana, though she was upset, decided that she too had to move on and not let this ruin her life. There was a brief dark patch but Hana wasn't the type to let that stop her. She soon came to the conclusion that her parents would understand and that the only correct direction was forward.

Unfortunately Hana didn't really know where forward was. She ended up learning how to play Duel Monsters from people in her travels and this led her to joining the military out of desire to experience something she knew nothing about.

Sadly for her it turned out she was utterly hopeless in combat. She would forget to use her traps, forget she had to tribute for 5 star monsters when A Legendary Ocean was not in play, and on occasion needed to ask what Pot of Greed does. Her superior didn't want to give her the boot completely so instead she was sent to a retraining camp in the hopes she could maybe learn to be a little less garbage at dueling.

[spoiler=Deck]Focuses around getting out heavy hitting Fish monsters, usually through the use of A Legendary Ocean. A very simple play style with very few tricks. The only tricks tend to involve simple things such as sending things to the Graveyard to give a boost.

[spoiler=Decklist]Monsters

Terrorking Salmon x3

7-Colored Fish x3

Space Mambo x3

Wind-up Shark X3

Rage of the Deep Sea x2

Creeping Doom Manta X2

Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth x2

Hunger of the Deep (Custom) x1

Spells

A Legendary Ocean x3

Big Wave Small Wave x2

Salvage x2

Terraforming x2

Mystical Space Typhoon x2

Aqua Jet x2

Fish and Kicks x1

Sushi Chef (Custom) x1

Traps

Torrential Tribute X2

Oh F!sh! X2

Eisbahn X2

Extra Deck

Shark Caesar x3

[spoiler=Custom cards]Hunger of the Deep Sea

Level 8
Water Fish
Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Banishing 3 Fish-Type monsters from your Graveyard. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-Type monster in your Graveyard.
ATK: 0
DEF: 0

Sushi Chef
Quickplay Spell
Effect: Discard up to 3 Fish-Type monsters from your hand; Gain 1000 Life Points for each card discarded this way. If 3 cards are discarded by this effect, draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]

-While she still lists Sushi, and seafood in general, as her favorite food she is fine with eating any food

-Is a very bad singer

-Likes to sing in the shower

-Likes rainy days the most

-Her parents actually left her a note telling her where they would be but she got distracted and missed it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gonna give some quick reviews of the apps so far, give you guys some initial feedback, even if your apps aren't done yet. Want to say in general I'm very impressed by the stuff you guys are putting together, great job!

@Skaia- Mark is a-ok, great work as always.

@ChampionZero- Looks pretty good so far, looks like all you need is your deck and you're all set.

@Yuya-Kun- I'm not entirely sure what you mean by how much his dreaming affects his personality and ability to duel, some clarification on that would be great. Some of your cards could also use a bit of balancing, particularly your Rank-Up Spells, since a lot of them have grave effects you can activate in the same turn you play them or grant very large rank-up effects for little to no cost. If you like, I'd be happy to help you with the balancing of those, just shoot me a message ;)

@The Eternal Challenger- We've already discussed everything your guys need in the Skype chat. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO.

@TheVanguard- I... must confess I never thought about a robot character, but I love it. This guy makes me laugh and I'd be thrilled to have you on board. All you need is a deck and you are all set.

@BatMed- Could use some expanding on the personality (ofc you are still working on it), but I very much like this character so far. Good concept and good character, VERY interesting backstory.

@Chaos Sonic- You're all set, good job as always you nerd. You're being VERY cheeky with the RvB jokes, though :V

@Wind Rider- Bio is obviously still WIP but I actually really like the Personality here. I look forward to having all the Cat cards you've been making in the chat ehre for the others to see; They're quite something.

@Yui- You did good, dude. You done did good.

@Holy Cow- "and on occasion needed to ask what Pot of Greed does. "

... Cow wins, everybody. But seriously, good job, you're good to go.

And just want to remind you guys that we do have a Skype chat where we discuss the RP and where we can all just talk with each other, makes it a bit easier to communicate with one another on stuff, so you can shoot me your Skype info and I'll see that you're added to the chat. Best of luck finishing these apps, you guys!

@BatMed- Could use some expanding on the personality (ofc you are still working on it), but I very much like this character so far. Good concept and good character, VERY interesting backstory.

My app is done (I'm glad you like it x3):

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/364097-yu-gi-oh-trivial-wars-oocpg-16accepting/?p=7011285

Aight guys; Try and finish up your characters here soon, cause I'm planning on getting this started in a few days. I'm shooting for us to start on the 6th of this month; That gives you five days. Let me know if something is preventing you from finishing up your characters, we'll see what we can do.

[spoiler=It Takes A Thief]Name: Jack Blaze

Nationality: Valdrian

Alignment: Valdria

[spoiler=Appearance](Jack doesn't wear an eyepatch and both his eyes are 20/20 vision)

bf18b5852a012711aabcfff66f460ede.jpg

"Hey, what's up?"

Standing at 6 feet tall and with his simply kept red hair and his beautiful green eyes, Jack is a pretty handsome guy. He is  slim with slight muscles hidden under his shirt. He likes to wear clothes that fit well and have deep pockets.

[spoiler=Bio]Left in a basket outside of an orphanage was baby Jack. The owner of the orphanage, a nice old lady named Calla, didn’t know who put him there or why, but took him in without a second thought. Since Jack didn’t really have a name at the time, Calla gave him the simple name of Jack. As Jack grew up, you could tell that he was different. While the other orphans enjoyed staying in the orphanage, both for the food they got and the shelter they had from Valdria’s unbelievable cold, Jack wanted to leave the orphanage. His reason? Because he wanted to make a name for himself. He didn’t want to just be some parentless kid with nothing good going for him. So packing a few supplies in a small sack, he secretly left the orphanage. When Calla noticed he was gone she was worried, until Jack came back about an hour later, shivering from the cold.

Several times this happened, with Jack leaving the orphanage and then coming back after a period of time. After getting adjusted to the Valdria cold, he explored the town. On one of these explorations he saw something interesting. A man stealing a golden watch from someone. But what impressed him was how expertly the man took the watch off the person’s wrist without the person even noticing! As the man pocketed the gold watch he began to leave casually, until the person realized that the watch was gone and grabbed the man’s arm roughly. A heated argument followed and the person was yelling thief, attracting attention from nearby people that were prepared to help. But nobody could have guessed what happened next.

With a cocky smile on his face and a speck of greed in his eyes, Jack had picked up a rock and thrown it at the person, hitting them in the head and forcing them to let go of the man.  For you see, Jack decided what he would do to make a name for himself. He would be a thief, like the man. But he didn’t just want to be as good as the man; he wanted to be even better. He wanted to be the best thief in the world. But to do that he would need to learn the tricks of the trade. With unbelievable speed, the man bolted and Jack ran after him. When Jack finally caught up to the man, he told him that he wanted to be a thief like him and asked him to teach him. The man, who introduced himself as Mo, found this amusing and agreed to.

After years of learning from Mo, Jack became a very successful thief. Jack still lived at the orphanage, but never told Calla of his thievish ways. At the age of 19, Jack stole a duel disk and deck from a Valdria soldier. When he showed Mo it, he was surprised to find out that Mo used to be a soldier. I mean, he didn’t look like a soldier, with his scruffy poorly cut beard and messy hair.

When Jack asked Mo if he would teach him how to do duel monsters, he said sure. After a few duels, Mo quickly realized that Jack was a natural duelist and suggested he join the army. Jack considered his suggestion stupid, until Mo explained why. Several people in town had made a report to the local police that a red-haired male stealing their stuff. It was only a matter of time before Jack would get arrested. But Mo had just suggested a way out. If Jack joined the army, he could be away from his town and let the heat die down. And with his skills, he could even come back as a hero.

So taking Mo’s advice, he said goodbye to Calla, left town and joined the army. Spending 3 years in the army and fighting Kestorian troops, Jack was an amazing solider…..but there was one problem. He was too reckless, waaaaaay too reckless. So much so that he was a danger to himself and his comrades. The reason for this is because Jack is very cocky and would take many risks, which wasn't a good thing to do on the battlefield. So Jack was sent to a retraining facility to hopefully stop his recklessness.

[spoiler=Personality]If you checked up cocky in the dictionary, Jack’s face would probably be there. He always believes he’s better than everyone at everything, and if he is proved otherwise, he’ll work hard until he becomes better.  Very rarely will Jack accept that someone is better than him at something. Since he is a thief, he’s also a smooth talker and will sometimes use it to get something he wants. Jack is also a bit of a flirter and will complement women in hopes of going out of a date with them.

Although Jack is a thief, he wouldn’t ever steal from a friend. In fact the only things he steals are things that catch his eye, like a rare card or something of high value.  If your friends with Jack, you’ll find out that he’s a rather fun guy to be around. Every now and then, Jack can find the perfect opportunity to say a joke that will make everyone laugh. Despite being in the Valdria army, he doesn’t hate Kastorians nor is he very loyal to Valdria. Jack is a bit of a showoff and will sometimes do something in public just to attract attention to himself.

[spoiler=Deck]Jack uses an Eternal Flame deck, which is made of Level 4 Pyro-type, FIRE Attribute monsters. These monsters cannot stay in the graveyard, as their effects will send them straight to the bottom of the deck. The reason for this? Because some of the monsters have effects that will only work if there are no monsters in the graveyard. The extra deck monsters do the same thing and are sent to the Extra Deck if they are in the graveyard.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/364477-eternal-flame/?do=findComment&comment=7013216

[spoiler=Misc]-He made up his last name, Blaze, when he got his Eternal Flame deck.

Mark Last-Name is accepted.

Marcus Black is tentatively accepted, though some of his customs need some work done (mainly Ouranos stops direct attacks but still needs an Engine on the field, that's 9 times out of 10 not going to be happening, as well as Mass Production needing some sort of cost for balancing. Also if Nightmarify could just prevent the taken monster from attacking that would be nice. Last thing- Maslow feels much stronger than Kessler, and I think is more deserving of needing 3 materials for an effect that good.)

Alex Star appears to still be waiting edits from Yuya-kun, so hopefully he gets that squared away in these next few days.

Wade is accepted.

Haki is accepted.

TIM03 is accepted.

Heishi is accepted.

Leo is accepted.

Lora is accepted.

Callisto is accepted.

Hana is accepted.

Jack appears to have a line cut off in his personality. Additionally, I feel it's a bit TOO easy for his deck to just have all his monsters insta-return to the deck, it feels like the restriction of having no monsters in his graveyard isn't really a restriction this way in the slightest. I think the Eternal Flames are fine if there's just a cost added to their return effects. Not a big one, just a cost, like taking some small amount of damage, since we wll have 8000 Life to start with in duels here.

I will be messaging the people who aren't yet accepted to let them know they have some work left to go, just to make sure they don't forget. And once again, I'd love to extend the invitation to the SKype chat for this, it's a great way to consolidate and plan stuff in the RP.

If we're firing up on the 6th I'm afraid I probably won't be able to make my first post until the 9th because I'm going to be out of town between those days and will be without internet access. I hope that isn't a huge problem and I'll make my best attempts to post as soon as I return.

Soon as I get off work in a few hours I'll be getting up the starting post for us.

For now, I don't think I can accept Alex or Jack. At the moment neither of you have your customs updated like me I ask, and as for Alex in particular his app is very vague about how his dreams seem to affect his personality for basically no reason that's adequately explained and that's such a big part of the character that's unclear that I don't think I should accept it as is.

I WILL be keeping apps open for a few days after I post the IC, though, so this is by no means your last chance to get your apps tightened up.

In the meantime, how come so few of you guys have joined the Skype chat? We'd love to have you there to talk about the RP.

Can we use discord instead? ;-;

I'd much prefer if we used Skype. Skype is a platform a lot of the people in the RP are already set up on, and it's also the most convenient manner for me to communicate with everybody at once. 

My app is now ready to be accepted.

I'LL BE THE JUDGE OF THAT!

*reads app*

Alright, you were correct. :V

Jack is accepted. Feel free to post in the IC. Your character can join his fellows in the Valdrian base.

As for Alex, I am afraid I can't accept the character, for various reasons, I'm sorry, Yuya-kun. If you'de like an explanation for this, I understand, and feel free to message me, as I don't wish to go into it here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived