Imperial Deck - Ruling over Master Rule 4

BGMaxie

Greetings people, this time I'm bringing a whole new theme to share. As I've mentioned in this thread here https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/363374-lets-go-on-a-journey-together-adventurer-deck/ I have plans to build 2 Decks. One that feels like a Protagonist Deck and one that feels like a Rival Deck, and I'm showing the latter in this opportunity.

Ever since the new rules were announced one thing was clear in the eyes of people: Extra Deck at large got cucked save for Links and Main Deck shenanigans became significantly stronger as a result. As such this new work will focus on one of the oldest mechanics ever, namely Tribute Summoning. I choose this for three reasons: 1) As stated above Tribute Summoning is stronger by virtue of most things becoming weaker and 2) Makes a greater contrast with the other theme I've been working, so it makes it feel more like an opposition of forces. 3) If you checked the theme on the thread above, then you should know it references a series and well, said series has used "defeat the evil empire" a handful of time and it makes for a good opposition theme. And since the theme is "Empires" then Tribute Summoning makes the most sense of all mechanics.

Well explanations are over, let's go at the deck:

[spoiler=Monsters]

SB3RXOB.png

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). All Level 4 and lower "Imperial" monsters you control gain ATK equal to their Level x 100 during your opponent's turn only. If this card is in the GY because sent from the field there from the field since your last turn: You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 "Imperial F-Enforcer" from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Note: Very basic monster. Gets himself out of the hand quick, and gives the fodder some standing power. It also brings forth his companion which helps accelerate the process. Bring him out, use him out, he won't disappoint.

E65CLZJ.png

During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon this card and 1 Level 4 or lower "Imperial" monster from your hand. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Tributed or is destroyed by battle or by card effect: You can add 1 "Imperial" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Imperial F-Enforcer". You can only use each of this card's name effects once per turn.

Note: The counterpart of the first monster. This girl can make Tribute Summoning much easier by bringing 2 members at once. She also has a search ability that will help you get the Bosses you need.

RwOoUAj.png

If a card you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned this way: You can target 1 "Imperial" monster in your GY, except "Imperial Valkyrie"; add it to your hand. You can only use this card's name effect once per turn. During the turn this card is Special Summoned it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.

Note: This is one monster you're gonna love. She reacts to destruction by SS'ing herself and becoming indestructible during the same turn in the process, AND recycling as a final gift. Standing power for Tribute Summoning, can save you from pinches and retrieves key cards to make your plays succeed. She's lovely.

ZrTZtus.png

If this card is Tribute Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. You can only use each of the following effects of this card's name once per turn. During your Main Phase, if this card is in your hand: You can reveal 1 other Level 5 or higher "Imperial" monster from your hand; discard this card and 1 other "Imperial" card from your hand, then draw 2 cards. If this card is in your GY and you have not Tributed Summoned this turn: You can Tribute 1 "Imperial" monster you control; Special Summon this card (If summoned this way, it is treated as being Tribute Summoned.) 

Note: The first sub-boss of the group. He can pop backrow on T. Summon and has good stats for a Level 6. But that's not all there is to it. Bricking is an awful thing that happens to Main Deck based Decks, specially when you only have High Levels. Well no fear, this guy helps resolve those issues. By dumping him and another Imperial (provided you have another High Level), you can Draw 2 cards to help you unbrick. But that's not ALL..........this guy comes with a very very special gimmick. By tributing an Imperial monster he can Tribute Summon himself FROM THE GRAVEYARD. That just opens room for so many things.

u0UOoiS.png

If this card is Tribute Summoned: Negate the effects of all Special Summoned monsters currently on the field. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this effect's activation. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster you control; until the end of this turn, all monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK and DEF for each Special Summoned monster they control. If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 2 monsters you control; Special Summon this card (If summoned this way, it is treated as being Tribute Summoned.) You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Note: The first of the real Bosses of the Deck, and this one packs quite the punch. When Tribute Summoned he denies ALL SS'D monsters for the rest of the turn, which shits on everything, specially Links. But that's not all, by tributing another monster, your opp's SS'd monsters lose ATK and DEF BIG TIME. If you think Link spam will save you? Think again. And that's not all..........he also can Tribute Summon himself from the Grave!!! Albeit it requires 2 monsters so, try your best at that. You will need a sizeable amount of monsters to abuse this guy.

pCh00Nh.png

This Tribute Summoned card cannot be targeted or be destroyed by your opponent's monster effects. Once per turn, at the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacks an opponent's Special Summoned monster: You can send that monster to the GY, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its original ATK, If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 2 monsters you control; Special Summon this card (If summoned this way, it is treated as being Tribute Summoned.) You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Note: Since Revolver has 2 Bosses, I figured this Deck should have 2 Big Bosses as well. While Tribute Summoned he becomes difficult to remove by monster, save for brute force and with 3K ATK, well.......that won't be too easy. He also comes packed with a nasty effect........if he attacks an opp's SS'D monster he can send him to the Graveyard, just like that and inflict burn damage. Yeap, removal that doesn't target, doesn't destroy and burns, all in a single pack. He can also be TS'd from the Grave by using 2 monsters. His and Eisenfaust do not have an "Imperial" clause because they need 2 and Main Boss monsters like this are meant to be generic rather than Archetype-locked.

3W5DBdj.png

If your opponent controls a monster that was Special Summoned either by Ritual Summon or from the Extra Deck, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand.) Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand, but until the end of this turn, it cannot be used as material for the Special Summon of a monster from the Extra Deck.

Note: Here we have an interesting monster. It can SS ANY Level 4 or lower monster from your hand, but it will be very much useless for anything that isn't a Tribute Summon. You can spam these dudes, but it has lil use if you cannot Tribute Summon, so this guy is another enable that will make your life much easier on you.

[spoiler=Backrow]

2XTHMzN.png

If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, and you control no Tribute Summoned monster: You can Special Summon any number of "Imperial Token" (Warrior-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) up to your monster deficit, but they cannot be used as material for the Special Summon of a monster from the Extra Deck and they are destroyed during the End Phase. If you would Tribute Summon an "Imperial" monster, except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can banish this card from your GY as 1 of the Tributes. You can only activate 1 "Imperial Mandate - March" per turn.

Note: This baby will help you provide fodder for your Tributes. Both from the GY and your hand. The more at a disadvantage you are, the more you can explode back. Furthermore the card itself can be used AS a Tribute should the need come to that too, so things will become faster quick.

Ht4RvUe.png

Target up to 2 "Imperial" monsters you control, then target an equal number of cards your opponent controls; Tribute the first targets, then destroy the second targets. During your turn, except the turn this card is sent to the GY: You can banish this card and 1 other "Imperial" card in your GY; draw 1 card. You can only "Imperial Mandate - Capture" per turn.

Note: A card that makes thing easier for you. You have spamming power but not much T. Summon? Well this baby can help make use of that Spam power to even fields. It can help you get a draw later on, and boy do Main Centered Decks need sizeable hands to work.

Hope you like them ;)

Add. Notes: In case it isn't clear, since some people have asked me. While Boss' self revival gimmick sets a whole new precedent (as there aren't prior cases of this), assume that while treated as being Tributed Summoned, they lose their Special Summoned status.

Good job on the card art, btw.

M-Enforcer is another basic SS from hand with a free field. The ATK gain could do with a DEF boost as well, especially if it's during the opponent's turn when you're normally more defensive. Last effect is too slow to warrant HOPT though, as you have to wait a turn for it to do something, and it's not like you can spam it in one turn, and your opponent has plenty of time to do something about it. Pretty interesting combination of effects, all in all.

F-Enforcer's SS effect completely overshadows M-Enforcer's, but it has HOPT on it so that's fine. HOPT on the last effect is warranted barely by the fact that it can also SS itself from the hand. Perhaps a little weak, but this archetype does seem to be a very second turn one.

Valkyrie adds some great recycling, especially as the cards come from the hand, but both the above cards like to trigger after a bit. By searching from the Graveyard, you grab them before you can use them. I would suggest either adjusting the above two effects, or if it actually is an intended theme, by perhaps fueling their effects in some way. Protection when it is SSd as a wall is neat too.

Striker has some backrow destruction. Perhaps a tad late if you ask me, as it takes a while to get him out, and gives plenty of opportunity to Strike or something. But hey, that's why Twin Twisters was made. Lovely draw power with HOPT, but the last effect seems a little clunkily worded. Other than OCG, my only problem with it is how you only need one card for it to be used. I mean, completely removes the need to run 3, and you can just Foolish it and it will be useful for the rest of the game. I would suggest giving it a restriction in some way. Also, just to confirm, it doesn't use your Normal Summon does it? If so, it's fine if you add a restriction on the Summon (i.e. can't be tributed except for summon, cannot be used for a material, etc.)

Eisenfaust solidifies Graveyard play as the main theme. This really opens up room for other splashed cards in the deck, but means you will only have to run 1 of each of the bosses. Perhaps multiples of Striker if that, because of his draw power. Anyway, the fact that this card requires 2 tributes and needs to tribute another monster to use his real effect...eh, I don't think this archetype is fast enough for that.

Avtokrat reminds me that you can Strike these card's Graveyard effects. I personally think that you could combine the tributing with the effect rather than the cost, and it wouldn't buff the cards too much, as if you Tribute the monsters and then the effect is negated, you've lost two monsters. Unfortunately, with the non-targeting removal and protection, this card is a million times better than Eisenfaust. I would suggest lowering his stats, as he can generally ignoring battle, and perhaps giving Eisenfaust some sort of protection.

Crystal is fine, except for one major problem: Genericness. It's a free tributer and play enabler for Monarchs. I would really suggest limiting the SS from hand to "Imperial" only, but other than that, neat idea, even if the first effect seems a little clunky.

I would suggest looking for the proper OCG for "deficit" in March as I know that it is not the proper word and there is a card that uses it, but for the life of me I can't find it. Anyway, this card gives a ton of Tributes, isn't always useful, and has some use even in the Graveyard. Pretty good card all round in terms of balance. Nuff said.

Ruling is a great card. Draw and destruction, which the deck is lacking in? Noice.

Better than adventurers, I feel you have improved in card making. Just some stuff to work on terms of balance, but your OCG is really good and your inspiration seems cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job on the card art, btw.

M-Enforcer is another basic SS from hand with a free field. The ATK gain could do with a DEF boost as well, especially if it's during the opponent's turn when you're normally more defensive. Last effect is too slow to warrant HOPT though, as you have to wait a turn for it to do something, and it's not like you can spam it in one turn, and your opponent has plenty of time to do something about it. Pretty interesting combination of effects, all in all.

F-Enforcer's SS effect completely overshadows M-Enforcer's, but it has HOPT on it so that's fine. HOPT on the last effect is warranted barely by the fact that it can also SS itself from the hand. Perhaps a little weak, but this archetype does seem to be a very second turn one.

Valkyrie adds some great recycling, especially as the cards come from the hand, but both the above cards like to trigger after a bit. By searching from the Graveyard, you grab them before you can use them. I would suggest either adjusting the above two effects, or if it actually is an intended theme, by perhaps fueling their effects in some way. Protection when it is SSd as a wall is neat too.

Striker has some backrow destruction. Perhaps a tad late if you ask me, as it takes a while to get him out, and gives plenty of opportunity to Strike or something. But hey, that's why Twin Twisters was made. Lovely draw power with HOPT, but the last effect seems a little clunkily worded. Other than OCG, my only problem with it is how you only need one card for it to be used. I mean, completely removes the need to run 3, and you can just Foolish it and it will be useful for the rest of the game. I would suggest giving it a restriction in some way. Also, just to confirm, it doesn't use your Normal Summon does it? If so, it's fine if you add a restriction on the Summon (i.e. can't be tributed except for summon, cannot be used for a material, etc.)

Eisenfaust solidifies Graveyard play as the main theme. This really opens up room for other splashed cards in the deck, but means you will only have to run 1 of each of the bosses. Perhaps multiples of Striker if that, because of his draw power. Anyway, the fact that this card requires 2 tributes and needs to tribute another monster to use his real effect...eh, I don't think this archetype is fast enough for that.

Avtokrat reminds me that you can Strike these card's Graveyard effects. I personally think that you could combine the tributing with the effect rather than the cost, and it wouldn't buff the cards too much, as if you Tribute the monsters and then the effect is negated, you've lost two monsters. Unfortunately, with the non-targeting removal and protection, this card is a million times better than Eisenfaust. I would suggest lowering his stats, as he can generally ignoring battle, and perhaps giving Eisenfaust some sort of protection.

Crystal is fine, except for one major problem: Genericness. It's a free tributer and play enabler for Monarchs. I would really suggest limiting the SS from hand to "Imperial" only, but other than that, neat idea, even if the first effect seems a little clunky.

I would suggest looking for the proper OCG for "deficit" in March as I know that it is not the proper word and there is a card that uses it, but for the life of me I can't find it. Anyway, this card gives a ton of Tributes, isn't always useful, and has some use even in the Graveyard. Pretty good card all round in terms of balance. Nuff said.

Ruling is a great card. Draw and destruction, which the deck is lacking in? Noice.

Better than adventurers, I feel you have improved in card making. Just some stuff to work on terms of balance, but your OCG is really good and your inspiration seems cool.

Sorry for the late response also some text got changed just so it was more proper.

1) It could but more often than not you summon in ATK pos. rather than in DEF pos. also given monsters like these usually have low DEF. I guess I can look up to the last eff will see at it as things develop. And thanks.

2) Since it can trigger off Tributing it also opens first-turn plays, but if you look carefully both Enforcers work with Tributing or getting killed so that you can make profits in your turn or your opp's turn depending on your situation, so it is fairly flexible.

3) Valk is a card you're gonna love but it isn't meant to work by herself but to help accelerate things already in motion. With more options in the future, she will become better, but she still manages to deliver just fine.

4) True but you can look at it this way as well, whether because he's gonna eat backrow, or because he will destroy backrow, the opp is guaranteed to lose something. Kinda like how Breaker used to be in older formats with its Spell Counter pop and BTH. Also I don't think it beats running 3. You run 3 of cards even if you just want to resolve 1 at times, also this guy has a lot more utility in that its draw eff, can set Graveyard and help you thin your Deck, so it definitely is a card you want to be using regularly. And as I've added in the notes, you're are absolutely right. This card's revival eff doesn't take your NS. It can't be used if you already Tribute Summoned, but the opposite is not true (i.e. you can revive AND Tribute Summon in that order). While it may look kinda strong a-la Grapha, it does have a mere 2400 ATK which is easy to manage. Also the Tribute needs to be Imperial, so it shouldn't be a splashable stunt.

5) There will be some GY stuff, but later. Basically this was added there to help unclog, since MD-reliant Decks are known for bricks unless you use Pendulums or what not. 1 of card has some risks. Namely if your card gets banished, you cannot use it. 1 of also means less chances to combo with Striker or Trade-In, so that can also be dangerous even if they have their GY gimmick. Furthermore if you can summon 2 of them and use their effs, you have some nice brutality going there.

6) It is not too different from the norm man. If your TS is negated your Tributes are still lost. I considered using full ATK as damage and lowering its ATK but then again there is some thematic sense to be found here. Since this Deck is meant to be a Rival-Deck, some inspiration comes from Revolver who has 2 Link 4 3000 ATK behemoths. They do different things, one is for brutal destruction, the other is more control focused with protection, so I did the same here. Taking control of things sounded a good plan but it would look like too much of a rip-off not to mention too strong for a TS Level 8 monster in comparison with a Link 4 that requires 4 monsters. So I gave him some protection as some Rival-tier bosses have (like AG Golem, GEPD banish eff, DDD CEO) and gave him a useful removal effect which also happens to rival Hero of Light quite well. And so these two came into being, one for indiscriminate violence, the other for more control. 

7) It has Imperial in name so it is part of the Deck, but thematic wise he's meant to be more like Sniffing Dragon or Gateway Dragon, i.e. external tools that help the Deck. So it is fine if others can use this guy as this card was never meant to be archetype-only, but naturally it will shine more here.

8) Monster Deficit was the term used for DD Recruits eff, tho I admit I didn't look at the TCG version until later so yeah........my bad.

9) Thanks.

Well I gotta say there are some differences. In Yusaku's case while many Cyberses were revealed not many were associated with him, not to mention almost null backrow save for 3 Strike Barrier, so the base material was limited so I went with very basic stuff for Adventurers, i.e. the Ace monster, the younger version (Young Hero is akin to Proxy Dragon rather than Decode Talker). I have some ideas in mind but when more materials are released Adventurers will come with bigger and better surprises so don't sell them short too soon, they will grow ;)

7) It has Imperial in name so it is part of the Deck, but thematic wise he's meant to be more like Sniffing Dragon or Gateway Dragon, i.e. external tools that help the Deck. So it is fine if others can use this guy as this card was never meant to be archetype-only, but naturally it will shine more here.

Those cards don't have an archetype; they are meant to be useful to any deck that can use them. By no means am I saying that this card shouldn't be a generic to an extent, but the issue is with but naturally it will shine more here.. How does it shine more here than in Monarchs, for example? What ties it to this archetype in any way other than name? Perhaps I am over reacting, but I feel the fact that this will help any Tribute archetype without any restriction or reason for it to shine more in this deck, might be a problem.

Those cards don't have an archetype; they are meant to be useful to any deck that can use them. By no means am I saying that this card shouldn't be a generic to an extent, but the issue is with but naturally it will shine more here.. How does it shine more here than in Monarchs, for example? What ties it to this archetype in any way other than name? Perhaps I am over reacting, but I feel the fact that this will help any Tribute archetype without any restriction or reason for it to shine more in this deck, might be a problem.

Well for starters it can be searched and can work with other Imperial cards. As what ties it to the archetype other than name well. This deck is also Final Fantasy-inspired. Crystals are a recurring plot tool in FF, where they are well........Crystals or if you prefer, rocks with great magical power which can be used in different ways. Usually there is a Wind, Water, Fire and Earth crystal which maintain the world's natural prosperity, but there are other instances. Basically Crystals are a power source and an Evil Empire getting his hands on them (or trying to) in order to exploit them, isn't unheard of.

I'm thinking of ways to device Crystals for Adventurers too.

Well for starters it can be searched and can work with other Imperial cards. As what ties it to the archetype other than name well. This deck is also Final Fantasy-inspired. Crystals are a recurring plot tool in FF, where they are well........Crystals or if you prefer, rocks with great magical power which can be used in different ways. Usually there is a Wind, Water, Fire and Earth crystal which maintain the world's natural prosperity, but there are other instances. Basically Crystals are a power source and an Evil Empire getting his hands on them (or trying to) in order to exploit them, isn't unheard of.

I'm thinking of ways to device Crystals for Adventurers too.

I meant mechanic wise, not flavour-wise.

Archived