"The familiar ping of a message board notification arrives like clockwork, every Monday at 5 pm. Most of the time the reports are bullshit; they're just your standard bureaucratic nonsense, reassuring the public that everything that can be done is being done. And maybe it is, but the fact remains: I've been stuck in here for 4 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days. I've missed my mother's birthday. My anniversary. And my sister's wedding. I've missed so much
The first message they sent us contained 6 paragraphs. No matter how many times I read it, I can't really tell you what it says. But, I'll never forget how I felt when I first read it. I've never felt so afraid in my life. People were dying. Like, actually, dying. At that point dozens of people had been confirmed dead from this damned game, and my dumb ass though that was a lot. Now, it's 4 months later and hundreds of lives have been lost.
As always, I scroll to the bottom of the familiar Bluefire, game-wide message board, expecting my weekly update from the outside world. It's there, and I almost click on it, but then I notice there is an unread message on the guild board as well. A message from an unknown member. The only words it contains are: 'Directions for escape to follow.' Within the hour it'll disappear, but not before raising a thousand questions in my head and those of my guildmates, chief among them the question we've been asking ourselves the entire time we've been trapped here: How do we get out?"
1. All applicable YCM rules (especially the Advanced Clause) apply.
2. Be courteous, kind, and constructive in all interactions.
3. Mr. Hyde (AKA Hyde, AKA Sock Puppet Dragon) will be acting as my co-host throughout the duration of the RP. We reserve the right to take control of any and all characters as needed to advance the plot. In addition, we reserve the right to ask that you edit/delete any IC or OoC post that we deem problematic, detrimental to the plot, or disrespectful to your fellow RP members. We will also be making any executive decisions as they need to be made.
4. For the time being please only create one character.
5. There will be limited acceptance in this RP, and thus you are in competition with other applicants to secure a spot on the character roster. You may request reviews and critiques from RP Hosts, but official acceptance will not be issued until a later date that has yet to be determined.
6. Read the database. Please read the database!
7. Have Fun~
I apologize in advance for how much information you have to get through for your applications. There is, admittedly, a lot. As participants in this RP you are free to suggest edits and additions to this database. Of course, any amendments will be vetted through myself and my co-host, but we very much want your creative outlook to be represented in the RP.