Click Here to go to the <IC Thread>

pYA6VSA.png

"The familiar ping of a message board notification arrives like clockwork, every Monday at 5 pm. Most of the time the reports are bullshit; they're just your standard bureaucratic nonsense, reassuring the public that everything that can be done is being done. And maybe it is, but the fact remains: I've been stuck in here for 4 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days. I've missed my mother's birthday. My anniversary. And my sister's wedding. I've missed so much

The first message they sent us contained 6 paragraphs. No matter how many times I read it, I can't really tell you what it says. But, I'll never forget how I felt when I first read it. I've never felt so afraid in my life. People were dying. Like, actually, dying. At that point dozens of people had been confirmed dead from this damned game, and my dumb ass though that was a lot. Now, it's 4 months later and hundreds of lives have been lost.

As always, I scroll to the bottom of the familiar Bluefire, game-wide message board, expecting my weekly update from the outside world. It's there, and I almost click on it, but then I notice there is an unread message on the guild board as well. A message from an unknown member. The only words it contains are: 'Directions for escape to follow.' Within the hour it'll disappear, but not before raising a thousand questions in my head and those of my guildmates, chief among them the question we've been asking ourselves the entire time we've been trapped here: How do we get out?"

Rules

1. All applicable YCM rules (especially the Advanced Clause) apply.

2. Be courteous, kind, and constructive in all interactions.

3. Mr. Hyde (AKA Hyde, AKA Sock Puppet Dragon) will be acting as my co-host throughout the duration of the RP. We reserve the right to take control of any and all characters as needed to advance the plot. In addition, we reserve the right to ask that you edit/delete any IC or OoC post that we deem problematic, detrimental to the plot, or disrespectful to your fellow RP members. We will also be making any executive decisions as they need to be made.

4. For the time being please only create one character.

5. There will be limited acceptance in this RP, and thus you are in competition with other applicants to secure a spot on the character roster. You may request reviews and critiques from RP Hosts, but official acceptance will not be issued until a later date that has yet to be determined.

6. Read the database. Please read the database!

7. Have Fun~

[Database]

I apologize in advance for how much information you have to get through for your applications. There is, admittedly, a lot. As participants in this RP you are free to suggest edits and additions to this database. Of course, any amendments will be vetted through myself and my co-host, but we very much want your creative outlook to be represented in the RP. 

[spoiler=Application]

Please only view this application as a skeleton for what your own should be. Organization and the cohesiveness of your character is key, we really want to see some creative apps

---

Personal Information

Name: Your character's in game name. If your character has numbers or symbols in this number(because this is an online video game be sure to tell us what they go by in-game.)

Age of Appearance: An approximation 

Race:

Appearance: Please place into spoiler and include a paragraph including any details or changes not covered in the image. If you do not include a picture please be sure to adequately describe your character.

Personality: Spoiler. 2 paragraph minimum. 

Biography: Spoiler. 1 paragraph minimum. This section is what your character did with their time before joining the guild.They have now been trapped in Bluefire for four months, two weeks, and three days. The guild was only formed two weeks ago.

Combat Information:

Affiliation:

Class:

Sub-Class:

Level: 25-40

Inventory: Spoiler. A list of your character's armor(s), weapon(s), and accessory(s) and their abilities.

Sample Skills: Spoiler. List some of your character's favorite skills. 

Real-World Identity:

Name:

Bio: This bio section is in regards to any real-life events that you feel are pertinent or interesting enough to share with us. Please be sure to include how your character was a beta tester for Bluefire for a year and a half before getting trapped. Include things like what city/country your character lives in and what they do for a living. This does not have to be a long section, write what you want to write.

Trivia:

Your Skype Name: Gotta get that Skype chat started~

[spoiler=Roster]

Cass [ Human/Oracle ] - ~Renegade~

Reebus [ Khepura/Shaman ] - Mr. Hyde

Girasol [ Faun/Marksman ] - Rinne

Chloé [ Human/Beast Master ] - Saiba Aisu

Brrrrrrrrrrando! [ Dwarf/Corsair ] - Dad

Melethil [ Elf/Cleric ] - Yui

Stacks4Daze [ Human/Paladin ] - VCR_CAT

Lichiethro [ Elf/Necromancer ] - Reptilious

Do'jhera [ Khepura/Duelist ] - Chaos Sonic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....I'm crazy and got a lot of RPs right now...

*throws hat into the interested corner* ...am I glutton for punishment? Maybe...just maybe.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Fuzzy, but Deadly]

RVKKYVe.jpg
"You sure you want someone like me...in your guild?"

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information

x393wz.jpg

Name: Do'jhera

Race: Khepura

Age of Appearance: 25

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Appearance:]

weretiger_by_koutanagamori-d30nyog.jpg

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 255 lbs

Do'jhera's fur resembles that of a Bengal tiger, namely due to the fact that his creator couldn't exactly get the fur to be the right shade of white for a Siberian tiger look. The eye color, although originally chosen for the Siberian look, the light blue color actually works well and brings a bit more life to Do'jhera as an online avatar. As such of Do'jhera's class of Duelist, his armor and general outfit is that of light armor, allowing him to strike quickly without being weighed down by the over-encompassing weight of the heavy armor. This armor style also allows Do'jhera not to overheat and keep cool in any given environment, however, in an arctic styled environment, Do'jhera would have a small problem. While his fur will keep him warm, it doesn't mean that he still won't freeze over time.

The earring in Do'jhera's right ear allows for a 10% resistance to fire-based attacks and increase Defense by 25%, while the necklace around his neck grants him a 10% resistance to magic and increase Stamina by 25%.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Personality:]

How to describe Do'jhera and by proxy his creator? The best words to use would most likely be energetic and determined. When a problem is before him, he'll do what he can to figure out the problem no matter what. A cycle of troubleshooting that he's kept with him that he's been using ever since he started working and fixing people's computers and laptops. At the time before the incident, he didn't tend to do anything regarding his troubleshooting abilities, only doing what he could to enjoy himself and have fun...same as pretty much anyone else. However, when the incident happened and those of his own class happen to be the first ones dropping like flies…

Now? Now he’s scared out of his mind. His still in development abilities of how to play the game are usually, at least in his mind, the anchor that weighs those around him down. He’s reliant on other players and those in the guilds he’s been in to help bail him out when he needed it. At the same time, he also feels incredibly responsible for the deaths of not one, but two guilds because of his inability to both fight on his own and his heavy reliance on others. Because of this, every single night he is haunted by this guilt in the form of gruesome nightmares, not letting him sleep much.

As a beginner, he is still learning how to get better as a player, if only to stop relying on others…just in order for them not to die because of him. However, if he does get in combat (because it is inevitable) he tries to plan his attacks accordingly and even does his best to assist his friends or party members in an assault when they need.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Biography:]

"I...I just can't. Can't bear to think about those events..."

Before the incident, Do'jhera did plenty of mercenary work as his creator dictated, namely for a guild that he joined known as BladesOfFate. After all, these quests of collecting bounties yielded plenty of Crescents for him and the guild. Of course, he was still learning how to work in these MMORPG type games, so needless to say he was relying on his allies quite a bit. However, the Bluefire incident took a turn for the worst...trapping him and many other players in the game.

Unfortunately for him, those of the Duelist class began to die off first. He became afraid, actually worried that individuals were literally dying in this once harmless game. This prompted him to lose focus when it counted the most, and it’s because of this loss of focus where the BladesOfFate guild died during a raid. This haunting scene was one that showed him that this problem with Bluefire was indeed real and quite deadly. He began to blame himself for the loss of his guild-mates and from then on, he would always be haunted by the images of his allies…just because he wasn’t focused and couldn’t do anything without relying on his allies.

At this point, he headed to Niska and tried to make a small living there, even possibly learn new skills to help him. While in Niska, he learned how to effectively fish and even cook, becoming competent now in working with these two skills. As days passed, he found himself in the company of another guild who was recruiting members, Forté. At first he was hesitant about joining a new guild, the guilt of his previous guild and his inability to do much still tugging at his tail (no pun intended). Nevertheless, he joined Forté and they actually did very well. They completed the one quest from Niska which gave him an armor set and weapon set that would definitely benefit him in the long run. Not only this, but the guildmaster of Forté even bestowed Do’jhera with two items that he created to help the Khepura with the race and class weaknesses he had. He and the guildmaster, a human avatar known as WolfSlayer78, started becoming friends and for once…he felt like things were beginning to look up for him. Unfortunately, reality returned with a vengeance. This was the first siege that he had been in and it was something he never wanted to ever experience. Forté was struck down without so much of a second thought in this siege…and where was Do’jhera? He was running out of Niska after watching half his guild fall…namely watching WolfSlayer78 die right in his arms. This was a second guild…the second group of friends he watched die. After the siege subsided, he would return, but even more guilt would plague him.

As time passed, albeit slowly for someone in the virtual world, he chose to stay in the Haven of Niska for a while, if only to do some business with his fishing and cooking skills. Surely someone was willing to pay for his services with these skills, others did. Occasionally, he would roam around the Havens just to make sure he was away from the sieges. Though at this point, he felt it might be better that way. It seemed like he was only a bad-luck charm, a total newbie who probably couldn’t survive out on his own and only got the things in his inventory and skill list because of his allies.

However, on his way towards Aegis Tower, he got the ping and the unread message on the board. This message would lead him to join the guild known as Ithaca. Although he’s hesitant, he knows deep down that he needs to go…if it’s an opportunity to finally leave Bluefire…he needed to go.

x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

x393wz.jpg

Affiliation: Ithaca

Class: Warrior

Sub-Class: Duelist

Level: 24

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Inventory:]

Armor

• Sea Breeze Armor (Duelist): An armor set given to Do'jhera after completing a quest for the Niska guard with the Forté guild. Legend has it that this armor set is based on the armor that a famous adventure once wore. The Sea Breeze Armor increases Attack Speed, Agility, and Defense of the wearer by 20%.

Weapons

• Galeforce of Niska: Windbreaker (longsword) and Stormcaller (shortsword) weapon set that was given to Do'jhera after completing a quest for the Niska guard with the Forté guild. Legend has it that these weapons once belonged to a famous adventure that hit land on Niska before retiring and creating the Niska guard. The weapons themselves increases the wielder's Attack by 20%, dealing double damage when Dual-Wielding, as well as grants the wielder "Usaris' Protection", which allows the wielder to generate a wind based shield around them for a time of 30 seconds.

Accessories

• Precious Flame Ruby: An earring located on Do'jhera's right ear, given to him by WolfSlayer78. Wearing this earring grants him 10% resistance to fire-based attacks while giving his Defense an increase of 25%.
  • Emerald Blessing Amulet: A necklace hanging around Do'jhera's neck, given to him by WolfSlayer78. Wearing this necklace grants him 10% resistance to magic while gives his Stamina an increase of 25%.

Inventory

• 3 million Crescents
  • Niska Fishing Rod: A fishing rod that allows the player to fish wherever there's free flowing water. Players using this rod have a 10% increase on their catching rate.
  • Potion of Healing 10x: An early level healing item. Restores 15% of the user's health. Can be thrown at allies or enemies for effect.
  • Potion of Stamina 10x: An item that deals with a player's stamina. Restores 15% of the user's stamina. Can be thrown at allies or enemies for effect.
  • Potion of Invisibility 5x: Using this, the player can become temporarily invisible for 20 seconds.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Sample Skills:]

Alignment

• Usaris, Goddess of the Sky and Loyalty: A goddess that is revered in Niska, namely to those who sail the seas as she is the one who controls the skies and the breezes that blow through the sails. Players who align themselves under Usaris are granted an increase in their Acrobatics by 30%.

Passive Skills

• Night-Vision: A racial skill that is inherent to the Khepura, which allows them to see as clearly in the dark as they would in the day.
  • Claws: A racial skill that the Khepura have, allowing them to deal damage to a target unarmed.
  • Swift Strike: A skill that Do'jhera was given by a fellow guild-mate. This skill allows for the player's attacks in combat to be 25% faster.
  • Fisherman: A skill that allows the player to have a 20% catching rate of fish. This is doubled to 40% if the player uses a fishing rod.
  • Iron Chef: A skill that allows the player to prepare meals that can replenish stamina and even health, as long as the right ingredients are used.

Active Skills

• Twin Blade Revolver: A skill that allows the player to use both their bladed weapons to become a human tornado.
  • Predator Pounce: An A.O.E. skill, allowing the player to jump/pounce onto an enemy or any area beside the target enemy. If the player pounces and they kill the target, the pounce is refreshed. The A.O.E. of this attack is 2/3m upon landing.
  • Dodge Roll: It allows the player to execute a forward roll, during which they are invulnerable to enemy attacks.
  • Duelist Fighting Spirit: This Buff skill increases the player's Attack and movement Speed for a few seconds. The duration of the skill increases when something is killed. When the skill is in effect, the player is immune to slow.

x393wz.jpg

Real-World Identity

x393wz.jpg

Name: Isaiah Evans

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Biography:]

At the beginning, Isaiah didn't play too many RPGs or MMORPGs when he was gaming. To be truthful, he tended to pay normal beat-em up games and fighting games in general. These were stuff he was good at, he didn't exactly have a huge grasping knowledge of the whole RPG element in games, the weapons, the buffs and debuffs, etc. Sure, he watched the games played by his friends and even commented on the overall narratives of said games and even the graphics were fantastic, but they never could quite grasp his full attention...especially when working around as a computer repair man.

Eventually, however, a few friends got an RPG in Isaiah's hands and told him that they wanted him to play and join their guild. With this day being Isaiah's day off (more like it was a slow day and no one was having computer issues), he begrudgingly accepted and entered the doorway of an RPG game. And from his first character created, he found that things were a lot more interesting in these fantasy games. What was more, Isaiah's friends introduced him to another concept: Beta-Testing. Inquiring more about this, Isaiah found out that when a beta for a game comes out, individuals known as beta-testers jump on the games in order to give feedback to the game developers...and get paid for it.

Playing video games and getting paid? It was a dream job of Isaiah to do just that, so having an opportunity to do so, it would be just perfect! Within the next week of Isaiah being involved in RPGs and beta-testing, the beta for the new VRMMORPG: Bluefire. Taking this opportunity to get paid for being a beta-tester, Isaiah began planning a character. At first, none of the general races jumped out at Isaiah, until he found the race known as Khepura. Of course, at first he was looking at the race benefits and weaknesses. But then he figured it would probably give him incentive to try and get better and even better his own character. This is when Do'jhera Solmanrin, the Duelist Khepura was created.

Upon entering, Isaiah was in complete awe at the fact that he was, in a sense, his own character in a fantasy environment. Through the next few days/weeks, Isaiah as Do'jhera checked for the countless bugs that would be found in the Duelist class, Khepura race, and even the game itself. After the beta closed, Isaiah got his paycheck from the Bluefire developers and they encouraged him in the e-mail sent to return when the full game released. Of course...he would do it.

Unfortunately for Isaiah's luck, he was trapped in the game when he logged in during the official release of Bluefire. Furthermore, those with his specific class: the Duelist, have seemed to be the first to die within hours of the game.

x393wz.jpg

Miscellaneous Information

x393wz.jpg

Do'jhera's Theme (Alternative) | Battle Theme (Alternative)

• The full name that Isaiah's Khepura character has is "Do'jhera Solmanrin".
  • The name was used by the Fantasy Name Generator, under the Elder Scrolls Khajiit names. This is due to the fact that Khepura and Khajiit are quite similar, due to the fact that they both can see better at night with Night Vision as well as their unarmed combat with their claws.
  • The name "Do'jhera" actually shows what Isaiah's character does. In the language of Khajiit, Do' is a specific prefix that indicates their position, which in this case, it means warrior.
  • The weapons Do'jhera is equipped with is a reference to a Elder Scrolls: Skyrim weapon set in Solstheim for the quest known as "Deathbrand". From it the Dragonborn ends up getting the weapons of a famous pirate king, twins swords known as "Bloodscythe" and "Soulrender". However, to keep from specifics of the swords, I changed the abilities of the blades Do'jhera wields.

Hmmmmmmmm, interest noted.

[spoiler=The Anger of All Healers Combined]
x393wz.jpg
NiLCnrF.png
"BIG BOOT SAYS STOP GETTING HURT."
No, that's not really what he looks like. I just wanted a picture here.
x393wz.jpg
Dialogue Color: #226222
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Personal Information]
x393wz.jpg
In-Game Name: BigBootBiggerBoot (He simply goes by Big Boot. If you call him Boot, he will correct you. Loudly.)
x393wz.jpg
x393wz.jpg
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Appearance:]
x393wz.jpg
Height: 7'2" / 2.18 m
x393wz.jpg
Weight: 592 lbs / 223.1 kg
x393wz.jpg
Race: Orc
x393wz.jpg
Physical Features: Big Boot is a massive green tower of muscle and anger, towering over other players by a few feet and even other orcs by an inch or two. His bottom jaw protrudes out in an under bite, with two long fangs coming up over his upper lip. There are small scars on his upper lip beneath these fangs, which came from him biting himself sometimes. When he yells, he has massive veins in his forehead and neck that nearly double in width with anger. He sports a thin beard that runs along his chin, but has no hair on his head otherwise, save his eyebrows, which are very thick.

He wears a white cleric’s robe tied around his neck. He earned it as a quest reward, and equipped it normally, but the game’s fitting engine was still buggy, and so it clipped through him constantly. Instead he wore it around his neck, tying the sleeves and sporting it as a cape instead. The robe itself has red trim around the bottom hem and the hems of the sleeves, and is all-white otherwise. He wears a leather helmet, entirely made of cloth, which covers his head like a hood. His boots are massive (His name is Big Boot, he wears big boots.), with stone greaves on the front of them. They are extremely heavy, too, and are an item that can only be worn well by Orcs. Anyone else suffers a massive movement penalty. He also carries around his signature staff, The Ducklings’ Staff, which is a long, thick staff that has an iron coating on the top half.
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
History: Big Boot had kept up with all the promos and buzz leading up to the release of Bluefire, and immediately jumped on the chance to play early through the beta test. He was the 1023rd player out of the 1500 chosen to be able to log in to Bluefire’s beta server. For the first couple months, Big Boot simply played around and joked with other players. He had chosen to be an Orc Healer during his character customization, simply because he thought it’d be funny to have a race and a class that didn’t traditionally go together. During his time in the beta, he managed to join a guild that was mostly rookie players. They had never played MMO’s before, or were very inexperienced with them, and had all chosen to play a Warrior class. They constantly got themselves killed and Big Boot would have to go back to their respawn point, being either at the beginning of a dungeon or at a Haven. He helped them level up and tried his best to keep them from dying too often, although it was a difficult task that stretched the very limits of his patience. He gradually became like a mentor to them, and tried (and failed) to show them how to not get themselves killed.

When the beta ended, Big Boot kept in contact with the players he had met in the guild. It turned out they were mostly kids, the oldest one being only 15 years old. They were good kids, and he wanted to see them play more MMO’s. He recommended a few to them, mostly older ones that he had played when he was their age. A few of them enjoyed it, but most of them disliked it because it wasn’t Full VR like Bluefire was. During the time after the beta, it was Christmas, so he spent a lot of time traveling with his family. He met with relatives who lived across the country, and a few he had never heard of before. One of his favorite cousins, who was a gamer like Big Boot, had actually gotten Big Boot a preorder of Bluefire. Of course, since Big Boot was a beta tester, he already gotten a copy of the game, so he gave the gift back to his cousin so he could play it.

Big Boot’s holiday ended, and he was ready to log back onto the brand new, less buggy servers of Bluefire. He spent New Year’s Eve with his family, and toasted the new year with them once the ball dropped in Times Square. Big Boot went to bed around 1am after that to get some rest. He woke up around 8am and got ready for a day of VR gaming. Big Boot put on his Empath headset, ready to begin the new (somewhat) Bluefire experience. It took him almost half an hour to actually log into the server due to the massive influx of players trying to get into the game. During that wait time, Big Boot had developed a more convincing in-game persona for his avatar, and decided that he’d try to break character as little as possible.

When he managed to get back into the virtual world of Eden, around 9am, he spawned near his previous guild’s hideout in Niska. One of the other guild members was there too, although the existence of the guild didn’t carry over from the beta. Big Boot got in contact with his former guildmates, sending his messages in all caps, and they began to make their way to their previous guild building. They couldn’t actually use the building unless the guild was reformed, and the previous guild leader wasn’t in the game. It turned out he got grounded over the holiday and his mom took his Empath headset. Instead, Big Boot was voted to be the new leader of the guild. Despite being a Cleric, he was very intimidating and kept players from messing with the rookie guild.

Big Boot leveled up slightly faster than the rest of his guild, since he got the experience bonus of being the guild leader. He took the kids through a couple low-level dungeons, helping them level up and teaching them to get better at playing the game. His loud, aggressive new persona went over well with the guild kids, and they followed him like ducklings. Which is exactly what he called them. Big Boot, in character, changed the name of the guild to “BIG BOOT AND DUCKLINGS.” Always yelled, and always written in all caps. While the name of the guild was never actually taken seriously, other guilds didn't really want to mess with the group led by the giant seven-foot block of muscle, even if he was a cleric. The guild’s damage output was actually astounding for a low-level group, as they consisted of purely DPS characters, other than Big Boot himself.

A few hours after Big Boot had gotten into the server, a message went out to all players informing them about the error within the Bluefire server. His young guildmates had read the message too, and begun to panic. They weren’t able to log out at all, either, and one had a full-on breakdown. Big Boot remained in character, barking at them to “stop looking like squishy rabbits and be angry rabbits instead.” He reminded them how much he trained them to be able to survive, especially for a group of mostly squishies, and decided to take them on an outing in the fields to the east of the Merchant’s Coast to train them further. The kids were too negatively affected by their fear, and rushed ahead into fights. Despite Big Boot’s constant yelling and healing efforts, every single one of them managed to get themselves killed. In anger, Big Boot bashed in a bunch of low-level monsters with his staff until it broke, and collected their gear before returning to the Haven. When he returned to their hideout, the kids weren’t there. It wasn’t until another update came that he learned that they were never going to be there again. In a fit of sorrow and rage, Big Boot smashed tables, chairs, and everything that was in the hideout, finding a box hidden in a closet. The box sported the logo of a local craftsman, where it seemingly came from, and a note.

”To our favorite angry healer, you are the best. Merry late Christmas. ~The Ducklings”

That was all that was written on a slip of paper attached to the box. Inside was a staff. The ducklings had pooled together their crescents to get Big Boot a present. It was a specially crafted staff, with his screen name engraved on the handle. The end of it was even coated with iron for strength. Big Boot just stared at the staff for what felt like an eternity, gripping it in his hand. His trance was broken by another update that came, which told him that only the beta players were still in the game, and new players had been disconnected safely.

Since then, Big Boot spent most of his time as a freelance healer, effectively being what one could call a “mercenary cleric.” Since very few players actually wanted to dedicate their time to being a cleric, healers were in high demand. Big Boot made a decent living from this business, and amassed a small fortune. Eventually, after about four months and some change, he was contacted by a member of a guild called Ithaca. They requested that he join as a permanent member. The guild was a fledgling group, still beginning, although its members were more experienced. Having to constantly work with different teams made him tired, although he gained valuable experience from them. It had been a while since he was with a dedicated group. He agreed to join, under the condition that he would always refer to it as “BIG BOOT AND OTHER BOOTS.”

x393wz.jpg
Language: Speaks English primarily, but also knows bits of Japanese.
x393wz.jpg
Personality: The giant, seven foot tall block of green muscle acts exactly like you would expect him too. He’s loud, to the point where his teammates might go deaf. One would have to question how his vocal cords could take the strain of constantly yelling, but that can be attributed to him being, well, an orc. He yells berating comments to his teammates if he believes they’re being reckless. It’s one thing to go and keep getting yourself killed in a normal game, but in Bluefire, it’s much more serious. Despite his apparent insensitivity, one of the things he cares most about is the lives of his teammates, although it's really only because that dictates how well he's doing as a healer, and not because he cares about them individually. If anyone does something reckless or almost gets themselves killed, he hits them repeatedly, alternating with regular melee hits and percussive healing. Sometimes he hits them with percussive healing just for fun. Big Boot's near perpetual anger does a poor job at masking his childish affinity for humor. It's not really a part of Big Boot's actual character, but is his player breaking character on accident. In character, Big Boot doesn’t respond to jokes. It’s not as if he doesn’t understand them; it’s just that he doesn’t find them funny most of the time. Most of the time, if someone tells him a joke, he simply glares until they aren’t laughing anymore. Although if a joke is particularly funny in certain ways, or a meme, Big Boot might inadvertently break character and laugh more loudly than he yells.

Lying beneath Big Boot’s brutish appearance, extremely loud voice, and perpetually serious demeanor is a calm mind capable of strategy and refined eloquence. When he is calm, he is capable of elaborated speech filled with vocabulary few would expect him to know. His voice is still booming, however, even when normally calm. Despite this, in language, he never uses contracted words, nor does he use articles (a or the). He is able to map out an entire battle plan, and generally does so, even if no one wants to follow it. This leads him to physically move his teammates while in combat, much to their chagrin. He can easily pinpoint a player’s combat weaknesses, and can offer to help them improve and cover those weaknesses, albeit in a loud, nearly vulgar manner. 

Despite his affinity for strategy, he does have weaknesses as well. He rarely attempts to retreat, and has trouble reading situations where that would be required for a team, although he can easily discern if he has to retreat, generally when his health gets low. He doesn't ask for help often enough, either, believing that if he's falling behind, either at his job as a healer or otherwise, it's his fault for not going fast enough. This pride leads him to situations where he can be overwhelmed by many different things. He also sometimes has a habit of becoming laser-focused on a single enemy, aspect, or task, and losing sight of everything else going on. 
x393wz.jpg
Miscellaneous Info: If he cares for someone, he will call them a duckling. He also like actual ducks.
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Combat Information]
x393wz.jpg
Affiliation: "THEY SAY GUILD NAME IS 'ITHACA,' BUT BIG BOOT SAYS IT IS 'BIG BOOT AND OTHER BOOTS'"
x393wz.jpg
Class: Caster
x393wz.jpg
Sub-Class: Cleric
x393wz.jpg
Level: 40
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Inventory:]
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Weapons]
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Staves]
x393wz.jpg
The Ducklings' Staff {equipped}
A long and incredibly heavy staff that is coated with iron on one half, giving it increased attack power and extreme durability. It was crafted especially for Big Boot.
* +75% to melee attack damage
* +15% increase to healing effect bonus granted by Percussive Healing Skill.
* +10% increase to max Stamina
* -75% attack speed if not equipped by Big Boot.
* 3x casting speed if not equipped by Big Boot.
* -15% to weapon durability
* Two-handed
x393wz.jpg
White Staff x3
A basic staff generally favored by clerics. It is ideal for support-class spells.
* +20% duration to support spells on self or allies
* +10% casting speed to restorative spells
* -15% to weapon durability
* Two-handed
x393wz.jpg
Orc Staff x2
A staff found in the Liminal Plains that appears to be a whittled down Orc Club. Strong, but not particularly the best for casting.
* +15% to melee attack damage
* +30% to weapon durability
* +10% mana cost for all spells cast
* -15% healing effect for all restorative spells
* Two-handed
x393wz.jpg
Shaman's Staff
A staff said to have been crafted by a shaman residing in Aegis Tower. Ideal for offensive casting.
* -20% mana cost for all offensive spells
* -20% casting speed for all offensive spells
* +10% casting speed for all support spells
* -10% healing effect for all restorative spells
* Two-handed
x393wz.jpg
Rod of Asclepius
A staff with legendary healing power. It has little use for anything else.
* +70% healing effect for all restorative spells
* -25% mana cost for all restorative spells
* Wielder may only cast restorative spells
* +75% casting speed if user is below Level 40
* -75% weapon durability
* Two-handed, but can be wielded with one hand
(Looted from a dead player.)
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Clubs]
x393wz.jpg
Orc Club
A club generally wielded by Orcs. Difficult to wield, but its damage is fearsome.
* +20% to melee attack damage
* +10% damage to Goblins
* -30% attack speed if wielder is not Orc race
* Two-handed
(Cannot be equipped by Big Boot)
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Equipment]
x393wz.jpg
Angelic Medallion
A silver medallion with a pearl setting, which protects the wearer from harm.
* +40% resistance to status ailments
* +10% health regen per second while afflicted with a status ailment
* +75% damage reduction from Angelic Magic
* -30% damage dealt from melee attacks
* -75% damage dealt from offensive spells
x393wz.jpg
Red Crystal Ring
A ring generally worn by shamans. It increases the wearer's mana pool.
* +15% mana pool.
* -15% max health
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Armor]
x393wz.jpg
Leather Helmet {equipped}
A helmet made from beast skin.
* +5% damage reduction from all attacks
* +5% damage reduction from aerial enemy attacks
x393wz.jpg
White Healing Cape {equipped}
A robe from a cleric that is instead worn as a cape.
* -10% mana cost for all restorative spells
* +1% health regen every second. If no damage has been taken in the last 3 seconds, this becomes 10% every second.
x393wz.jpg
Leather Armor {equipped}
Cloth worn by Orcs. Default equipment.
x393wz.jpg
Heavy Boots {equipped}
A massive, thick pair of boots worn by Orcs.
* +50% damage reduction from terrain
* -50% movement speed for all non-Orc characters
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Items]
x393wz.jpg
Potion x53
An early level healing item. Restores 15% of the user's health. Can be thrown at allies or enemies for effect.
x393wz.jpg
Small Ether x22
An early level healing item. Restores 15% of the user's mana.
x393wz.jpg
Big Potion x3
A big bottle of healing potion. Restores 40% of the user's health.
x393wz.jpg
Sentimental Paper
A note that was written for him by his former guild. He always keeps it with him.
”To our favorite angry healer, you are the best. Merry late Christmas. ~The Ducklings”
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
Funds: 8,919,944 cr
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
Stats
Health - ★★★★★
Mana - ★★☆☆☆
Stamina - ★★★★☆
Defense - ★★★☆☆
Power - ★★★★☆
Agility - ★☆☆☆☆
x393wz.jpg
Fighting Style: Big Boot can generally be found towards the middle of a group, or near the front. He is constantly yelling at teammates if they are overextending, and will actually grab people and move them around if they're in a bad position. If his group doesn't want to actually play as a group, he will either start smacking monsters away with his staff, or begin picking up the rest of his group and putting them next to each other. He always likes to keep his teammates in range of his staff, because he can use his Percussive Healing skill to literally beat them healthy.
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Skills:]
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Passive Skills]
x393wz.jpg
In the Corner
While health is at 20% or below, all spells have a 90% reduction in mana cost. At 5% health or lower, all spells have no mana cost.
x393wz.jpg
Donation
Instead of mana, Big Boot can cast healing spells using his own health. Healing spells cast with health cannot be group cast or cast as an AoE, and suffer a 5% reduction to healing effectiveness.
x393wz.jpg
Percussive Healing
Big Boot can cast restorative spells through melee attacks on his allies. Spells cast this way have no casting time, and draw from Stamina for cost instead of Mana. They also have a 5% bonus to healing effectiveness.
x393wz.jpg
AoE Casting
Restorative spells can be cast as an area-of-effect. Spells cast this way are 25% less effective.
x393wz.jpg
Phoenix Heal
If Big Boot dies, the health and mana of all allies are fully restored to 15% above maximum, and all status ailments and debuffs are removed. The health and mana that are above maximum are temporary and cannot be healed once gone. Additionally, for 180 seconds, all allies' attacks deal additional Light damage, equal to the amount of damage normally dealt, and take no damage from elemental attacks. Skill Cooldowns are also halved during this time.
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Active Skills]
x393wz.jpg
Rampage
While Rampage is active, health and stamina are increased by 50%. Cooldown timer speed is doubled when below 25% health.
Cost: None
Casting Time: Instant
Duration: 120 seconds
Cooldown: 600 seconds
x393wz.jpg
Healing
A simple healing spell with a low mana cost. Heals 20% of max health.
Cost: 2.5% max mana
Casting Time: 0.5 seconds
Duration: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 1 second
x393wz.jpg
Restore
A more advanced healing spell. Restores 30% of max health and 15% of mana. -50% effectiveness when self-cast.
Cost: 8% max mana,
Casting Time: 2.5 seconds
Duration: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 3 seconds
x393wz.jpg
Dispel Effect
Removes all buffs, debuffs, and status ailments from the target. Grants a temporary immunity to status ailments as well.
Cost: 12.5% max mana
Casting Time: 3 seconds
Duration: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 15 seconds
x393wz.jpg
Resurrect
If the target would die while resurrect is active, they would instead be restored to 10% of their max health. Can only be cast on one target at a time, and cannot be self-cast.
Cost: 50% max mana
Casting Time: 8 seconds
Duration: 30 seconds
Cooldown: 60 seconds
x393wz.jpg
Fortify
While Fortify is active, the target takes 30% less damage from all sources. The target is also granted an immunity to all status ailments, and is cured of any existing ones. 
Cost: 20% max mana
Casting Time: 2 seconds
Duration: 6 seconds
Cooldown: 12 seconds
x393wz.jpg
Regen
While Regen is active, the target restores 12.5% of their max health every second.
Cost: 10% max mana
Casting Time: 4 seconds
Duration: 8 seconds
Cooldown: 30 seconds
x393wz.jpg
Light Barrier
A barrier with a short duration is cast on a target. If the target would take any damage while the Barrier is active, it would be nullified. Additionally, if the barrier nullifies any damage, Big Boot's healing effectiveness is increased by 20% for the next 8 seconds. Can only be cast on a single target, and cannot be self-cast or group-cast. Also cannot be used as an AoE. Damage from status effects such as poison or bleed is not nullified by the barrier.
Cost: 17% max mana
Casting Time: 1.5 seconds
Duration: 0.75 seconds
Cooldown: 20 seconds
x393wz.jpg
Blinding Light
An offensive spell that inflicts Blind on enemies.
Cost: 5% max mana
Casting Time: 4 seconds
Duration: 15 seconds
Cooldown: 15 seconds
x393wz.jpg
Bludgeoning
Uses the staff as a bludgeoning weapon to attack enemies. Deals little damage, but a lot of pushback.
Cost: 3% stamina
Startup Time: Instant
Damage: Weak
Effects: Stuns an enemy for 1 second when struck, and knocks them back about 4 meters.
Cooldown: None
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Real-World Identity]
x393wz.jpg
Name: Zach Boston
x393wz.jpg
x393wz.jpg
x393wz.jpg
History: Zach is a somewhat avid gamer. He generally plays fighting games and shooters, although he has dabbled a bit in MMOs. He also used to play Dungeons and Dragons with a group in high school, playing a cleric. He has mained healers and support in almost every game where he had that options, generally because he doesn't believe that he could play DPS all that well. Either way, he has years of experience with the trials of being a dedicated healer, which lends itself to how Zach developed the character of Big Boot. Big Boot's drastic difference from Zach's own personality leads him to use Big Boot as an escape from his own personal doubts. However, this drastic difference makes it difficult for Zach to remain in character, and Big Boot's personality is slowly beginning to merge with his own.
x393wz.jpg
Timezone: GMT -5
x393wz.jpg
Miscellaneous: Communicates primarily with memes, but doesn't do so when in character with Big Boot. 
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Extra]
x393wz.jpg
Theme Song: It's Our Attack
x393wz.jpg
Combat Theme: Relentless Barrage
x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg
Skype Name: BoomKirby
x393wz.jpg

hahaha now i am on first page

...but will you hurt me again?  

*throws hat into the interested corner* ...am I glutton for punishment? Maybe...just maybe.

I'm glad you trust me enough to find out. 

Tbh I think the work I've put into this already has me well attached to it for awhile and I appreciate you all taking a chance with me :D

EDIT: My goal is to have the OoC some time tomorrow

1.So, where did you get inspiration?

2. Why do you not have a variant of the bard from d&d?

1. SAO, .hack//Sign, etc.

2. because I was tired of making classes and wanted to get the Interest Check up. Feel free to sketch one out and add it to the google doc if you want :) 

...already have a brewing idea for both a Human Duelist (yes, I read the description for the class!) and a Human Assassin, both brothers.

More than likely I won't be accepting more than one character per person, but shoot me your idea maybe we can make something work 

I'll be going through the doc today and tomorrow to know for sure whether or not I wanna play. Looks interesting, but I won't put in a definite answer just yet.

Dad this makes me so freaking excited!

You know him, you love him! Your resident Sock Puppet Dragon is my co-host!! HYDE!

(also: gonna stress to refrain from making characters until OoC is actually up y'all. Remember that this is still just an interest check and while I appreciate y'all's interest very much, I don't want anyone's plans to get shot and then all their work to go to waste because they misinterpreted something or because we ended up scrapping something between now and the time the OoC goes up)

Sorry for the double post

I love the large, immersive world that you've built.  The detail, the history, the connection between havens, and the dangers in between are super attractive.  Each subclass feels unique, and I love the opportunity to really touch on basically any and everything they could do as a race or a class.  It feels opportunistic and it covers pretty much everything.  Can I ask, how long has this been in the works for you?  It's very impressive.

I love the large, immersive world that you've built.  The detail, the history, the connection between havens, and the dangers in between are super attractive.  Each subclass feels unique, and I love the opportunity to really touch on basically any and everything they could do as a race or a class.  It feels opportunistic and it covers pretty much everything.  Can I ask, how long has this been in the works for you?  It's very impressive.

This means so much to me! Thank you!! I've been wanting to do a virtual reality RP basically since Rinne did Lore Online in 2015, so this has been a product of the mind for 2 years now, but it didn't hit paper until this last week or so.

This means so much to me! Thank you!! I've been wanting to do a virtual reality RP basically since Rinne did Lore Online in 2015, so this has been a product of the mind for 2 years now, but it didn't hit paper until this last week or so.

Well I'd love to help your project flourish.  I'll note interest.  If possible, I'd like to be the last person to submit an application, as I play better as a fill in player (barring deadlines of course).  Bluefire seems right up my ally.

Well I'd love to help your project flourish.  I'll note interest.  If possible, I'd like to be the last person to submit an application, as I play better as a fill in player (barring deadlines of course).  Bluefire seems right up my ally.

This is great news!! We'd love to have you~

So... you mentioned something in the doc on Beast Masters being able to enter contracts with stronger monsters over leveling up. Would that be the only way they'd be able to get any type of dragon under their beck and call? Or is there... say, a whelp of a specific something, that could actually be subjugated by the Beast Master's whips?

And on that note, are the monsters that are subjugated or summoned by a Beast Master able to gain experience or grow into stronger variants at all?

I'd be tempted to pick up a Dwarven Beast Master regardless, but I'll still need the answers to these two questions for later character building.

Archived