[Icy-Pixel Art] Unrefined Style Test, Second Sprite Added

Icy

Since he is a robot looking thing, I guess most of the proportion mistakes youve done are fine. But I would like to talk a little about your design, the thing is, overall design looks good, but that torso. Dang it dude torso looks messed up, you know. That gold button looks like its entirely 8 bit, and golden tracks below look like they are straight from GBA. Try to have consistent coloring, drawing style, and your pixels will look a lot better. One final question.. Is this sprite a custom or frankensteined piece?

One final thing, consistency dude!

That... I understand it enough to make me laugh. I don't know why but some textures I cared more about doing (it didnt take more than some seconds to do no less). Most of my time was spent figuring it out on how to size the feet of the mechas and bodys and crotch pieces. Arms and Head were always going to be fine. Certain parts were put together at the last second specifically to make sure others knew who it was I was practicing on (like the middle piece). Consistency was secondary for now.

And wholly custom.

Updated with a second sprite. Less additional "textures" this time regardless if its easy on me. Went for a more unified look this time.

And yes, again totally custom/scratched on my own.

Well, my opinion on these pixel arts:

The first robot looks a bit bulky and fat due to its main body, and the color palette is quite simple indeed, red parts tend to stand out, making a minimalist but techy touch, I like the asymmetrical approach to the robot, with different structure and shape for its right and left sides making it unique and original.

Shadings are pretty accurate and nice

The Second robot resembles a transformer look on its face with nice color scheme of orange and black/gray, but the shoulders seems a bit too high making the arms feel stiff, and the metal plates under its head is a bit off, I'm guessing its a beard of some sort, is it part of the head or torso? But the golden stems on its belly adds a techno touch to this fellow, just try to practice on proportions and you'll be golden...

Archived