Metalfoes Overdrive

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Metalfoes Overdrive
[Continuous Spell]

When this card is activated: Select 2 of your unoccupied Main Monster Zones; they become Extra Monster Zones. You can only Summon "Metalfoes" monsters in these Zones. You can target 1 other card you control; destroy it, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Metalfoes Overdrive" once per turn.

Woah, quite the strong card, IMO. Not only that last effect is highly splashable and thankfully has a hard OPT unlike Dragonic Diagram, also it is searchable by Metalfoes themselves so I bet one could very well arrange an engine out of them, especially in Pendulum decks that can make use of the scales of the Metalfoe(s) of choice.

I think it may be too good to be fair, but at the same time I would like to see this can in action to see how many things it enables and how far it goes. I am not a big fan of Metalfoes, but the idea of adapting them as an splashable engine with this card is kinda exciting xD

Ayyyyy.

To be honest, cards like these could be common for archetypes that would be somewhat screwed by the Link Format. E.G Igknights, which have a very similar engine to Metalfoes by popping your own cards. The whole "they become EMZ" would be commonly used in future cards if Konami deemed it a viable solution to save those archetypes. 

Now only time will tell. Good prediction on the possibility of changing zones into EMZ though. I had a similar thought on the possibility but didn't really find the motivation to make a card for it.

I personally have no troubles with it. Strong enough to still be considered fair, since the current dominating archetypes have much more power/speed/float than Metalfoes. Should've been posted in advanced but oh well Lol.

Egmo usually posts his content in Casual for reasons; you can ask him why (as the Advanced requirements aren't necessarily hard; outside of requiring you think the design through before posting b/c you have to provide some explanation). But moving on...

Card is technically fine, even if it's blatant support for Metalfoes (and suppose Igknight, since those two are somewhat related). Yeah, Links hit them hard and they would appreciate having extra zones to summon their stuff from (as I really cannot see them using Links right now; maybe outside Spider, but I digress). It should be enough help to make them hurt less once Links get over here; heck, you can blow up Combination now as opposed to having to waste your S/T zones for one of the scales to pop them. It pushes them a lot more, yes, but Zoos/True Kings (among other stuff) can do far worse. 

Archived