Dragons in Pokemon

The Nyx Avatar

11137819_409475005904952_1350701136_n.jp

Kabutops is a trilobite, a type of deep sea shellfish.

Malamar evolves by holding a DS upside down its typing is the least of concerns if we are talking about how funked this thing is.

Exeggcute is actually seeds, which is stated in-game.

Florges merely wears flowers, hence the colors matching where it is found.

Granbull is based on presenting ugly things as cute, so fairy typing just deepens the joke.

Celebi is already two types, both of which are important to its theme and gameplay.

Forretress is a bagworm.

Can't you just be grateful for Dark/Poison typing being funking incredible?

Yes, gyarados should be dragon type instead of flying type. Get over it.

Flygon has levitate, so

funk you drifblim is spooky as funk.

Wait, darkrai isn't ghost type? Well, to be fair, it is a nightmare, which isn't really ghostish in any way.

I think Darkrai is pure Dark exclusively for gameplay reasons- a Ghost/Dark legendary, during Gen 4, would have made the meta flip. I mean, Spiritomb did immense damage even just being a wall.

Also, the one that bothers me is that Flygon isn't actually Salamence's name, especially given the little arc with Bagon. Also, that Dragonite looks absurdly out of place in its evolutionary line.

I think Darkrai is pure Dark exclusively for gameplay reasons- a Ghost/Dark legendary, during Gen 4, would have made the meta flip. I mean, Spiritomb did immense damage even just being a wall.

Also, the one that bothers me is that Flygon isn't actually Salamence's name, especially given the little arc with Bagon. Also, that Dragonite looks absurdly out of place in its evolutionary line.

oh my god flygon is a pun on fly and dragon this pisses me off so much now that I have realized it

Dragonfly, more specifically. As it's one of two Pokémon based on the giant ancient dragonflies (the other being yanmega)

i chose not to say dragonfly because that literally has the word dragon in it, so sheet is even more funked

Also, you are objectively incorrect. It's a mayfly. Hence Trapinch being an ant lion

Archived