[MtG] [C17] Unconfirmed Leaks

As mentioned in the title, these leaks are unconfirmed so take them with a grain of salt.

[spoiler=Image Spoiler]zJ7as9Bl.pngydu1DTcl.png

dhh6X5Wl.png

5qIQ6zAl.png

MirXGMl.png

vyi3xocl.png

m23ZUPUl.png[spoiler=Another one!]OJePxnr.png

[spoiler=And another one!]2SOfG2J.jpg

[spoiler=Text Spoiler]Taigam, Ojutai Master 2WU

Legendary Creature — Human Monk (Rare)

Instant, sorcery, and Dragon spells you control can't be countered by spells or abilities.

Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell from your hand, if ~ attacked this turn, that spell gains rebound. (Exile the spell as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast that card from exile without paying its mana cost.)

3/4

Wasitora, Nekoru Queen 2BRG

Legendary Creature — Cat Dragon (Rare)

Flying, trample

Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices a creature. If the player can't, you create a 3/3 black, red, and green Cat Dragon creature token with flying.

Once a fierce foe, she would become one of Madara's greatest protectors.

5/4

O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami 1WUBRG

Legendary Creature — Dragon Spirit (Mythic)

Flying, trample

Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, if that player attacked you during his or her last turn, exile target nonland permanent that player controls.

At his behest the Kami War began to regain That Which Was Taken.

6/6

The Ur-Dragon 4WUBRG

Legendary Creature — Dragon Avatar (Mythic)

Eminence — As long as ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Dragon spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.

Flying

Whenever one or more Dragons you control attack, draw that many cards, then you may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield.

10/10

Ramos, Dragon Engine 6

Legendary Artifact Creature — Dragon (Mythic)

Flying

Whenever you cast a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on ~ for each of that spell's colors.

Remove five +1/+1 counters from ~: Add WWUUBBRRGG to your mana pool. Activate this ability only once each turn.

4/4

The following are reprints:

Atarka, World Render

Bladewing the Risen

Broodmate Dragon

Crosis, the Purger

Crucible of the Spirit Dragon

Dromoka, the Eternal

Haven of the Spirit Dragon

Intet, the Dreamer

Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury

Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius

Ojutai, Soul of Winter

Sandsteppe Citadel

Scion of the Ur-Dragon

Silumgar, the Drifting Death

Spellbound Dragon

Steel Hellkite

Tyrant's Familiar

Yes! reprint all the dollar rares!

The new commanders are pretty cool ability wise and finally having a true Ur-Dragon and a Ramos card is pretty awesome.

Wasitora and O-Kagatchi having to deal combat damage is kind of a huge drawback to their abilities though (O-Kagatchi just seems bad IMO) Ur-Dragon and Ramos are maximum jank though. Seeing more abilities that work out of the command zone is worrysome though. Oloro was cancerous enough and now they're making a whole ability word for stuff like that. Taigam seems sweet though. Just making your instants and sorceries uncounterable is pretty darn good then he goes and gives them rebound.

I was certain they'd have a Dragon command. Was hoping it would be Jund (and they seemed to know that since they made a Jund dragon legend) and that Slivers would be the 5 color deck, but I guess this makes sense. Hoping they have one more Jund dragon, hopefully actually from Jund.

Wasitora seems like a bad Rith in that she needs to attack to do much of anything and even then the pay off of them sacing a creature or you making a 3/3 doesn't seem all that strong. She seems like a solid addition in the 99 of a Jund dragon deck, but not as the head. Also, those dragon tokens are too adorable. Also also, how many 3 color tokens do we even have in magic?

O-Kagachi is a weird command. It disincentives attacking you pretty well, but thats about all it really accomplishes. Not really what you'd want as the head of a 5 color dragon deck.

The Ur-Dragon is perfect though. The ability working in the command zone is risky, but I feel like making things cost 1 less isn't so strong as to be back breaking. Helped by it being limited to dragons which already cost a ton. I also like how you have a real incentive to cast it too since the card draw you get is REALLY good. I would 100% build around him if I didn't already have my 5 color deck be slivers.

Taigam is a great design and is perfect for the Ojutai style of play. Attacking might be an issue, but what he does is powerful. Can totally see him as a commander without any Dragons along for the ride.

Ramos seems sweet. A little weird that a colorless card doesn't work with other colorless cards, but casting 5 non-colorless spells isn't hard and thats the slowest it can hit Progenitus mana.

Overall these are pretty cool and its awesome getting to see WotC make all these old characters into cards. Also, a note on the Ur-Dragon

"The Ur-Dragon isn't a creature, but a concept – the paragon of “dragon-ness.” This card represents a manifestation of one aspect of the dragon ideal."

keep in mind you don't need to go 5 color for Ur dragon. just sticking in RG and doing a typical dragon stompy deck is more than good enough. Just a concideration for players on a budget.

It would personally bug me to not use colors my commander has. Not to mention you do have some great dragons made available when you add in White and Blue.

Also, I'm doing the 32 deck challenge and I don't want to repeat things.

I'm probably gonna build Tribal the Legacy with Ramos in the lead. Have all of his bones, Karn, the Legacy Weapon of course, the Weatherlight... Mightstone may need to be proxied...

Naturally we'll play Door to Nothingness because otherwise there'd be no wincon. Oh, and Blind Seer.

Ur-dragon makes chameleon colossus a 3 drop.

Icefall regent becomes a 4 drop

funking Silumgar is a 5 drop

DRAGONLORD GOD DAMN ATARKA IS A 6 DROP HOLD THE funking PHONE

I think my 3 drop of choice for Ur would be Thunderbreak Regent. Yea, people are all like "Dragons are normally super expensive" and no, imagine if every dragon just went down the curve by 1. Even if most the good dragons start at 5, they are all 4 drops now and you get some insane results.

Regarding them being unconfirmed, i think that the art looks too good to be fake, and i looked up the artist on the cat-dragons, (Cynthina Sheppard) and by looking at her other art this is definitely something similar to her other art, so that's up there. I checked all the other artists i could read on the cards as well, and I'm pretty sure it checks up.

-------------------

Wasitora is a Cat Dragon that makes Baby Cat Dragons, which is enough alone to make me want this.

O-Kagachi makes you a major threat, and not giving it some sort of protection makes it kinda bad.

Ur-Dragon is really good, because he always does something, and making everything 1 less is broken, but I don't know if we are going to be able to abuse it yet. 

Its also a keyword, which means we are going to see more abilities like it.

The reprints are pretty nice. 

I like that they are using the RTR Niv-Mizzet.

Taigam as a commander would make an Azorius control deck really annoying, and i don't like Azorius so i don't like it.

Ramos is pretty nice, and an artifact, so a Door to Nothingness affinity deck would be pretty cool.

Going back to reprints, seeing as this is 5 colors, i expect some really good land reprints.

Going back to reprints, seeing as this is 5 colors, i expect some really good land reprints.

I hadn't actually thought about what they'd do for the mana base. With so many of the rare slots being eaten up by Dragons I'm curious what lands it will end up having. My guess is the 10 trip lands and the 5 vivids. Not sure what past that.

don't hold your breath on any valuable land slots. The 4 color decks were not given much love on their mana and I can't expect the 5 color decks to be the same. There are some cheap options to a 5 color mana base but they're all significantly worse than fetches+duals and other 5 color lands. Don't expect to put together a competitive mana base for these decks on a budget. The best im expecting is Reflecting pool but even that might be too valuable now to include in a precon.

don't hold your breath on any valuable land slots. The 4 color decks were not given much love on their mana and I can't expect the 5 color decks to be the same. There are some cheap options to a 5 color mana base but they're all significantly worse than fetches+duals and other 5 color lands. Don't expect to put together a competitive mana base for these decks on a budget. The best im expecting is Reflecting pool but even that might be too valuable now to include in a precon.

Who needs a good mana base when you have Crucible of the Spirit Dragon?

I have a friend with a scion of the ur-dragon commander deck, and I have a 5-color edh deck as well, and we were both excited by the ur-dragon himself appearing as a new general

I just realized that he drops Utvara Hellkite down to 7 mana no matter what. I've been dropping it lower in my temur deck with animar, but being able to guarantee it gets lowered is awesome

Archived