Weak-Minded Control

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Weak-Minded Control

[Normal Trap]

Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls whose effects are negated; equip this card to that target. While this card is equipped to a monster by this effect; take control of that monster. When the equipped monster leaves the field; destroy this card.

I take it this is either a follow-up to the last thing you posted, or counter against Skill Drain stuff. So yeah, using some of the possible ways to trigger the last card: Breakthrough Skill, Forbidden Lance to steal something with a slight power boost and so forth. For Beast-Warrior stuff, I guess you could steal an opponent's monster that got negated via Tiger King (assuming you're not playing mirror matches, but you shouldn't have to deal with that much nowadays). While you could steal something that's already Fiendish Chain'd, it won't do you anything except act as Tribute/ED fodder (or in the case of Links, open up more zones to summon ED).

It's limited in what it can steal, but there are cards that can force the conditions for this to work (a few of which are commonly used), so yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Given how you usually need something to negate before you activate this, I think you could give it an alternate effect that negates the effect of a monster on the field. It could be a Graveyard effect that you activate by banishing and then proceed to use a Set Weak-Minded control. Sure, you could go Forbidden Lance and then activate, but it's still two cards to invest just to control.

This card seems a bit too slow to see any actual play. You would need at least one more card to apply the effect negation on one of your opponent's monsters - essentially a 2-card Snatch Steal for a Normal monster. I really like the idea, though.

Also, pardon me for asking, but if somehow the equipped monster's effects are no longer negated (e.g. Forbidden Chalice, Breakthrough Skill), will you still retain control of it? And will you be able to take control of Normal and/or Gemini monsters directly?

Guest BGMCANN0N

This card seems a bit too slow to see any actual play. You would need at least one more card to apply the effect negation on one of your opponent's monsters - essentially a 2-card Snatch Steal for a Normal monster. I really like the idea, though.

Also, pardon me for asking, but if somehow the equipped monster's effects are no longer negated (e.g. Forbidden Chalice, Breakthrough Skill), will you still retain control of it? And will you be able to take control of Normal and/or Gemini monsters directly?

Yeah it was intended to be slow and gimmicky... But, one could very easily max out on the output of effect negation cards to make it live constantly.

The control of the monster remains even if the monsters effects are no longer negated. As for Normal and Gemini monsters... I haven't wholly considered them so I will fix up the wording in that only Effect monsters can be targeted for ruling clarity. So that would mean Gemini monsters can only be snagged by this with it being Gemini Summoned or converted to an Effect monster by effect in the 1st place.

Trap Cards that equip to monsters are usually printed as Normal Traps (e.g. Blast with Chain, Horn of Phantom Beast) so if you want to keep the Equip mechanic you should make this a Normal Trap as well; otherwise keep it as Continuous Trap and make it target the monster instead (e.g. Fiendish Chain).

Mechanics issues aside, the card could be better, IMO. Considering you need to negate the monster's effect first with the assistance of another card, I think you can get away with unbinding the control change from the Trap Card; that is, keeping the monster even if the Trap Card is later removed from the field.

Archived