ITT: 俺は意見を与える

(something moonrunes that literally say "I give opinions")

Would prefer that you don't ask me about members on this site and ask other stuff (i.e. ask about how I feel about certain topics, people outside this site, etc.), but if you want me to give an opinion on you or another member, fine. 

===

But yeah, post something and I'll give my opinion on it. 

Thoughts on Link as a mechanic

Think I mentioned this in passing within other threads / statuses. 

Not really fond of them forcing themselves on players who wish to use the Extra Deck, or requiring Konami to overhaul the field setup to accommodate them. In the case of Fusion/Synchro/Xyz, if you didn't want to use them, then that's fine. With Links (and the whole format change), yeah, it boils down to "use them or hope you don't ED often". Probably would be more bearable if Konami designed them without having to make a new monster zone specifically for them/other ED summons.

(To be honest, Konami should've focused on refining the other mechanics instead of making this. Same thing could be said about the Cyberse-Type.)

That being said, slowly getting used to how they work. If I really hated them, I wouldn't have made that thread in Games (despite me having some concerns about stuff members post in there at times). I did post 1 Link Monster that I made in there, but Archetype-specific.

Opinions on the return of the most infamous former CC Judge in YCM and everything you hate/dislike about him. =, )

xd

You just came back, so I don't have much on you at present that I can rate you on. Unless you want me to grade your attempts at making review threads in CC.

I feel like you need to conjugate the verb into the ます form.

Opinions on ube?

Probably might, but then it'd look awkward considering I am using a male pronoun instead of gender-neutral / polite "watashi" (or really plain speech in general). Will need to check on that.

idk who that is, unless that's implying you want me to evaluate you. Note that I don't really pay attention to a lot of internet guys or particular pop culture figures, so...

What is your opinion on medieval siege engines operating off of counterweights, capable of hurling a 90 kilogram projectile over 300 meters?

Probably could see some use nowadays in a modified form, but likely obsolete technology at this point due to the time required to launch said projectile (also accuracy problems) and existence of more streamlined stuff. 

It's interesting to see how they could work with primitive technology in those days and actually succeed.

Ube is a purple yam, my dude

Then I don't know about this one; yam isn't something commonly available in this state (or I don't eat it). Probably in the supermarket somewhere, but haven't seen any type of yams the last time I went shopping.

Nah, you can ask the fanfic kids to do that for you.

As for the medieval siege thing, they are impressive (and won't deny that they're extremely effective), though I would have to consider air resistance and how much that'll shift the intended target area when launched. For most intents/purposes (as far as courses go), air resistance is usually zero or not large enough to make a difference. However, if it is non-trivial, then formulas get complicated because of differential equations to deal with said resistance, and differentiation of the formulas thereof to determine position, speed and acceleration. I believe impact will be covered later in the course material. 

(Then again, probably shouldn't answer questions in the morning off minimal sleep, but meh.)

Neutral on 'roids as a whole; Konami probably could've made them viable a LONG time ago, but they chose to promote the current meta instead and only now did they decide to give them a boost (albeit in an era where their main goal got nerfed hard). Talking about Syrus Roids though (which I assume is the case here); Yugo roids (Speedroids) are already competent enough on their own.

I guess DP18 stuff made them actually functional, but yeah.

Would help if YGOPro weren't sheet to the point that I can't use him effectively for testing. (I have the version from 2015-ish due to operating requirements, so...) But in a way, he's essentially the True King version of Drancia for most intents/purposes (and I'm neutral on Drancia in general).

So yeah, he's cool but I can't harness his power (or that of True Kings) to their fullest potential.

Archived