Classic Blue-Eyes/Blue-Eyes D.O.D. Dual Play-Mat

NEOSANNALS

BEHOLD! My YCM Magnum Opus!

I decided to take a little break from card making (due to some artist block) and decided to try out a playmat instead. After some inspiration from the new “Yu‑Gi‑Oh: Dark Side of Dimensions” movie (which despite its several plot holes/plot conveniences, was one of the most well done yugioh movies thus far!), I got right down to it, and created my masterpiece!

uVr0WjE.jpg

There are really no words for this (because that would take forever to describe the step by step process) But if you have any questions/comments please feel free to ask =) 

I personally wouldn't prefer the Blue-Eyes cards in the S/T zone since I find them somewhat distracting. I understand that you're looking for more embellishment and whatnot, but 

Just realized that those cards were representing the cards in your hand. The card slots are hard to see, and not to mention the cards seem bigger than the slots. I still think too much embellishment isn't a good thing for the playmat, especially with the multitude of dragon pics on the Deck slot and whatnot. Again, it could just be my tastes, but adding too much dressing to the salad would make you sick. 

Yeah, you went overboard on the details here. While it's fine to be creative, too much art on it distracts from the entire thing. You don't need the phase descriptions, as you should already know what you do there.

(Also need to note that come July, this mat won't be legal for official tournaments in TCG due to the field changes concerning Links.)

Archived