[Written] Eevee Synchro Engine!

Ninjask Is Bae

Engine focused on getting out Attribute specific Synchro's.

[spoiler=Main Deck Monster]

Eevee, The Adapting

level 2 l LIGHT l Effect l Tuner l Beast

400 ATK/ 1500 DEF

If this card is normal or special summoned, special summon 1 level-4 monster from your graveyard, it cannot attack, has it's effects negated and it is destroyed during the End Phace. During the turn you activate this effect this card cannot be used as a Synchro Material except for the Synchro Summon of an "Adapted" monster.

[spoiler=Spells]

Stone of Evolution

Quick Play Spell

If this card is activated during your opponent's turn while you have a level-4 monster in your graveyard, activate the following effect.

O Special Summon 1 "Eevee, the Adapting" from your deck, hand or graveyard, but it's effects are negated, if you do, special summon a level-4 monster from your graveyard and immediatly Synchro Summon a monster using the "Eevee, the Adapting" and the summoned level-4 monsters as Synchro Material.

If this card is activated during your turn and/or you do not have a level-4 monster in your graveyard, activate one of the following effects.

O Add 1 "Eevee, the Adapting" from your deck to your hand.

O Special Summon 1 "Eevee, the Adapting" from your hand or graveyard.

Extreme Evoboost

Continuous Spell
If this card is activated; you can destroy 1 "Adapted" monser you control, if you do, Special Summon 1 "Eevee, the Adapting" from your hand, deck or graveyard.
If an "Adapted" monster is Synchro Summoned to your side of the field, you can negate its effect, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Adapted" monster or "Eevee, the Adapting" from your graveyard, but it's effects are negated.
All face-up "Adapted" monsters gain 700 ATK for each face-up "Adapted" monster and "Eevee, the Adaping" on your side of the field.

[spoiler=Synchro Monsters]

Espeon, Adapted with the Mind

level 6 l LIGHT l Synchro l Effect l Beast

2500 ATK/ 1800 DEF

1 Beast-type tuner +1 or more Psychic-type or LIGHT non-tuner monsters

If a Spell/Trap Card is activated on your opponent's side of the field and this card's ATK is higher than 0, you can decrease this card's ATK by 1300; negate the activation and set that card to your side of the field.

Flareon, Adapted to Fire

level 6 l FIRE l Synchro l Effect l Beast

2600 ATK / 200 DEF

1 Beast-type tuner + 1 or more Pyro-type or FIRE non-tuner monster

If this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can banish up to 4 FIRE monsters with 200 DEF from your graveyard; special summon as many FIRE monsters with 200 DEF as the amount of monsters banished as this effect's cost from your graveyard.

Glaceon, Adapted to Ice

level 6 l WATER l Synchro l Effect l Beast

2200 ATK/ 2200 DEF

1 Beast-type tuner monster + 1 or more Beast-type or WATER non-tuner monster

Other WATER monsters are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.

Once per turn, you can destroy 1 card on your side of the field, if you do, banish 1 card on the field and in either player's graveyard.

If this card is destroyed by it's own effect; banish 1 random card in your opponent's hand.

Jolteon, Adapted to Light

level 6 l LIGHT l Synchro l Effect l Beast

2400 ATK/ 1000 DEF

1 Beast type tuner + 1 or more Thunder-type or LIGHT non-tuner monster

Once per turn, during your main phace 1, you can target 1 face-up monster; that monster's effect is negated until the End Phace of this turn and it loses 1000 ATK, during the Battle Phace of the turn you use this effect, if this card attacks the targetted monster it can attack a second time during that Battle Phace only.

level-4 LIGHT monsters cannot be targeted for an attack.

Leafeon, Adapted to Earth

level 6 l EARTH l Synchro l Effect l Beast

2100 ATK/ 2300 DEF

1 Beast-type tuner monster + 1 or more Plant-type or EARTH non-tuner monsters

If this card is Synchro Summoned using a plant-type monster as a Synchro Material, you can Special Summon 1 non-tuner plant type from your graveyard, if you do, you gain 1000 Life Points.

If this card is Synchro Summoned without any plant-type monsters as Synchro Material it gains the following effect: If a Spell/Trap card is activated or a monster is summoned, you can pay 2000 Life Points; negate the summon or activation, and destroy that card. 

Sylveon, Adapted with Magic

level 6 l WIND l Synchro l Effect l Beast

2200 ATK/ 1300 DEF

1 Beast type tuner + 1 or more Fairy-type or WIND non-tuner monsters

Face-up Fairy-type monsters gain 500 ATK.

Once per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects:

O Target 1 WIND or Fairy-type monster, it is treated as a tuner untill the End Phace.

O Target 1 WIND or Fairy-type monster, its level becomes 6 untill the End-Phace.

If this card is used as an Xyz or Synchro Material for an Xyz or Synchro Summon, the summoned monster gains the following effect:

O Once per turn, you can shuffle 3 in your graveyard into your deck; add WIND or 1 Fairy-type monster from your deck to your hand.

Umbreon, Adapted to Dark

level 6 l DARK l Synchro l Effect l Beast

0 ATK/ 3000 DEF

1 Beast-type tuner monster + 1 or more non-tuner Zombie-type or DARK monsters

If this card is Synchro Summoned using a zombie-type monster as Synchro Material, you can send 2 non-tuner zombie-type monsters from your deck to your graveyard.

If this card is Synchro Summoned using no zombie-type monsters as Synchro Material, this card gains the following effect: If a DARK monster is Special Summoned, banish 1 card on the field or in either player's graveyard.

Vaporeon, Adapted to Water

level 6 l WATER l Synchro l Effect l Beast

2150 ATK/ 0 DEF

1 Beast-type tuner + 1 or more non-tuner Fish-type or WATER monsters

WATER monsters cannot be destroyed by battle.

Neither player takes battle damage from battles involving this card, unless this card attacks your opponent directly.

Once per turn, during your opponent's main phace 1, you can target up to 2 face-up card; if it is a Spell/Trap Card, flip it face-down, if it is a monster, change it to face-down defense position.

[spoiler=Xyz Monsters]

Suicune, Consumed by Water

Rank 6 l WATER l Xyz l Effect l Beast

2150 ATK/ 0 DEF

2 level-6 WATER monsters

You can also Xyz summon "Suicune, Consumed by Water" by using 1 "Vaporeon, Adapted to Water" you control as Xyz material.

Cannot be destroyed by battle.

If a WATER monster would leave the field, you can detach 1 Xyz material; that card does not leave the field, then destroy the card that would have made it leave the field.

Once per turn, during either players turn, if a monster is summoned, you can detach 1 Xyz Material; The summoned monster's original ATK is decreased by 1000 and this card's ATK is increased by 1000 until the End-Phace.

Entei, Consumed by Fire

Rank 6 l FIRE l Xyz l Effect l Beast

2600 ATK/ 200 DEF

2 level-6 FIRE monsters

You can also Xyz summon "Entei, Consumed by Fire by using 1 "Flareon, Adapted to Fire" you control as Xyz Material.

You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; send 1 monster with 200 DEF from your deck to your graveyard, if you do, this card gains 500 ATK.

Raikou, Consumed by Light

Rank 6 l LIGHT l Xyz l Effect l Beast

2400 ATK/ 1000 DEF

2 level-6 LIGHT monsters

You can also Xyz summon "Raikou, Consumed by Light" by using 1 "Jolteon, Adapted to Light" you control as Xyz material.

You can detach 1 Xyz-material from this card; target 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field, halve that target's ATK and DEF, then deal damage to your opponent equal to the targetted card’s ATK.

Edit1: I accidentaly made Eevee level 4. Which would have made it an Xyz spamm card and unable to go into "Adapted" Synchros. Thanks Octosquidport for catching the mistake!

Edit2: Buffed Entei with a meaningless ATK boost and made it able to dump any monster with 200 DEF to make it look more like it's in-game playstyle. Buffed Espeon to be able to use it's effect more than Once per turn and not have it have such a harsh penalty. Gave Suicune an aditional effect that criples incoming monsters and buffs itself to make it look more like it's in-game playstyle. Buffed Vaporeons effect to flip 2 things face-down because it was straight up bad.

Edit3: Removed the cost on "Stone of Evolution" so decks that don't generate advantage can still use it.

Edit4: Added a Spell card that can help to OTK and boosts ATK.

Edit5: Broadened the Synchro Summoning condition for all the Synchro monsters. Some got the short end of the stick. Some got really broad summoning conditions. Just so you know. The once that got the short ends, I did that on purpose. And upgraded Glaceon's effect.

Edit6: Broadened Sylveon's effect to actually be usable in WIND decks. Also, why am I still updating this? No one will even read any of this.

Edit7: Fixed some card text stuffles

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm kinda new here too. I like the theme of an Eevee evolving into higher level synchros and xyz monsters. I like how you incorporated the legendary beasts too. ^.^

I don't know the current meta much, but I do a suggestion for Eevee. I think you might want to restrict the effect a little. It does its job of summoning monsters that you can synchro with pretty well, but I think its effect can be abused. As long as you have a level 4 monster in your graveyard, you can summon an Eevee to have 2 monsters out, which you can Xyz with, Synchro, Tribute Summon etc.

You can summon another monster if the monster you summon with Eevee is another Eevee, and so on and so forth... So if you have 2 Eevees in the graveyard and another monster, by summoning 1 Eevee you can have 4 level 4 monsters
:7601_key:
That's a lot of monsters. Some rank 4 Xyz monsters are pretty powerful, and those that take 3 or more to summon are usually really strong.

Edit: Oh wait nevermind the effect is negated. 2 level 4's per summon is still pretty strong though.

Let's see where this is going.

Eevee's effect is fine, but is a lot more restrictive than it needs to be. Granted, it is set up for a quick Level 6 Synchro, but to be fair, the meta has done much worse things without this restriction on. You can remove the destruction effect and no attack clause; considering the power level of the Synchros, you don't need to be locking yourself into them.

Stone of Evolution is fine and pretty much the only way you're going to put Eevee's Synchro effect to good use. Other two effects are at least set up.

====

I literally see no Decks that will even want to make Espeon with those conditions (and I'm being pretty hard about a card themed on my favorite Eeveelution). I mean, yeah, you can block a Spell/Trap from triggering and set it to your field (Magic Bounce much), it will literally leave you a sitting duck. I would advise getting rid of the stat drop and just let it negate/set once per turn. Conditions are something that no Psychic deck will want. (Honestly speaking, I think redirecting any effect to another correct target would've been a better option).

Flareon at least has a home somewhere in Flamvell/Laval or whatever FIRE decks run nowadays with low DEF; ohai Rekindling support.

Glaeon's effect is fine, but again, problem lies with actually getting a Deck that can make it (or bother to tech a Beast Tuner). While somewhat outdated, Ice Barrier PROBABLY could use this as a filler Synch6 / alternate option for protection [they have Defender to fill the requirement if running Eevee is not an option).

I don't know why you made Jolteon with a higher ATK than Espeon (despite the latter being stronger in-game), but otherwise the effect is really good. Protection effect isn't bad, though only relevant Level 4 LIGHTs are either Batterymen/'hunders, and the latter would prefer to Rank 4.

Leafeon is at least generic, but right now, not seeing you revive anything with its effect. If anything, the last effect is what makes this worth running (I guess a Level 6 alternative to Naturia Beast if you don't like milling your Deck, or Solemn Warning on legs).

Sylveon faces the same issue as Espeon, and that's trying to tech two types that don't really mesh well. It does help with Synchro/Xyz plays, but yeah.

Umbreon's effects are fine; don't really see you using the Zombie effect much (well, at least not right now since common Zombies lately are usually non-DARK iirc). General DARK effect is amazing though.

Vaporeon is okay for the most part, though for the most part, you're going to be targeting non-Links most of the time, as Pendulum Scales cannot be flipped face-down, Links can't either and most Spell/Traps don't stay on the field long enough (unless you're True King stuff or something).

=====

As for the Xyz, I'll assume you took the idea of the original Eeveelutions being the base for the Gen 2 beasts, but yeah.

Suicune's stats are generally meh for a Rank 6 with specific conditions. Yeah, it punishes the opponent for trying to remove it and flips monsters face-down, but it feels like a much weaker Vaporeon in practice.

Entei's only use is quite literally, dump stuff in the Graveyard for Rekindling and other 200 DEF supports. You could've done much more with Entei here, especially since Flareon itself is another Rekindling clone. Then again, we have stuff like Hazy Beasts and stuff that could make this the traditional way.

Raikou's effect is technically outclassed by Volcasaurus / DRXD to certain degrees; former because it actually kills something and latter because it can benefit off of the cut power. As for being a Rank 6 LIGHT, most people are going to do with this is just use a dead Jolteon to make this (but even then, Jolteon's effect is really good on its own).

I'll just say this for the entirety of the Gen 2 beasts; you could've done much more with them than simply make weaker versions of the Eeveelutions the fanbase seems to believe they evolved from. Perhaps there is some truth to that theory, but right now, it's unclear. This may be me speaking from an Advanced perspective (and/or the fact that I made cards based on the Eeveelutions / Legendary beasts a couple years ago), but some things you could've done is given them effects based on their role in the anime/manga or if you're knowledgeable on competitive sets, theme their effects as such.

======

I apologize if I was hard on you during this review, but yeah, Espeon/Sylveon have compatibility issues with their requirements (and puts them at odds with even generic Level 6 Synchros) and the beasts themselves could've been done better (Suicune's outclassed in stats even by generic Rank 5/6s that do far better things); there was more that could've been done.

It's a fair review, not too hard at all. (though I have to say some things you said are flat out wrong tbh) 

Also, I don't believe that theory. At least. I don't have an opinion on it. It was just a fun card design idea. And I made them weaker eeveelutions on purpose seeing as Flareon will alway go into Entei if you run it and Jolteon can sometimes be a dead card on the field. And giving them effects based on competive play is kinda boring for Entei and Raikou because, as you probably know, they are basic sweepers.

You're right on Espeon. I think I'll give it a stat buff so it can use it's effect more than once (per turn) and I'll make the stat drop less heavy. And redirecting just sounded boring in my opinion since it's been done so much.

Vaporeon is kinda bad too.

Also, Suicune could be made much more fun now that I think about it. Which I'm going to do.

Where you are wrong in your review however is saying there are no good level-4 Thunder types. Because... there are... Denko Sekka, Thunder King Rai-Oh (it's not semi-limited for nothing) and Zap Mustung. In fact, If this card is used with Zap Mustung it completely locks your opponent out of Special Summoning.

Also you keep talking about fitting a Beast-type tuner in the deck... Well. That's Eevee. Eevee is the beast-type tuner... You don't have to mech fairy's and Beasts because the only beast you use is Eevee.

Also, There are a lot of WATER decks out there to make Glaceon (Atlanteans, Abyss, Mermails). Why would that be a problem for Glaceon but not for Vaporeon?

Anyway. Thanks for the review!

Vaporeon can still be summoned with the same mats as Glaceon; I didn't say its summon conditions were an issue (it's fine). It's with Espy/Sylveon that were the problem concerning how they're going to be played. 

I didn't forget about Denko and the like, but perhaps didn't mention them at the time I was reviewing these (which was late at night). 

====

Yeah, you do have Eevee as the Tuner for all of these, so that's fine. Problem is still finding a Deck that will want to accept it. (That being said, I also left a note about me being in Advanced for too long that I make notes about whether/not stuff will survive in the meta, and less on fun stuff in Casual.)

====

If you did make any changes after this post, I'll look at them at a later time.

• 4 weeks later...

Edit2: Buffed Entei with a meaningless ATK boost and made it able to dump any monster with 200 DEF to make it look more like it's in-game playstyle. Buffed Espeon to be able to use it's effect more than Once per turn and not have it have such a harsh penalty. Gave Suicune an aditional effect that criples incoming monsters and buffs itself to make it look more like it's in-game playstyle. Buffed Vaporeons effect to flip 2 things face-down because it was straight up bad.

Edit3: Removed the cost on "Stone of Evolution" so decks that don't generate advantage can still use it.

Edit4: Added a Spell card that can help to OTK and boosts ATK.

Edit5: Broadened the Synchro Summoning condition for all the Synchro monsters. Some got the short end of the stick. Some got really broad summoning conditions. Just so you know. The once that got the short ends, I did that on purpose. And upgraded Glaceon's effect.

Edit6: Broadened Sylveon's effect to actually be usable in WIND decks. Also, why am I still updating this? No one will even read any of this.

Shouldn't Sylveon be "adapted to Magic", instead of "adapted with Magic"?

I noticed you made it WIND to have at least 1 WIND eeevolution representative and thus cover all Attributes but... IMO it would be more fitting to make Jolteon the WIND one instead; WIND/Thunder monsters are a thing after all (e.g. Mist Valley Thunder Lord).

I really like that Eeeve is Level2 as it makes it compatible with Level2 Beast support like Obedience Schooled, the baby racoons, etc.

Stone of Evolution:

I believe the first effect won't work as intended the way you wrote it: AFAIK activating Eeve's effect would start a new chain so the "immediately Synchro Summon" effect cannot apply as it has to wait for the new chain including Eeve's effect to resolve. You may as well negate Eeve's effect and make the Spell directly Summon the other monster instead., then you can properly use the "immediately Synchro Summon effect.

And I see this is the card that makes Eevee into an engine. If it had a way of putting itself back into the hand, then it would turn into something similar to Aleister~Invokation.

Extreme Evoboost:

I'm not sure if negating an effect can be a cost; I would put the negation as part of the effect and an "if you do" PSCT to bind the second effect to the first one. That aside, not sure if I would bother with this card at all; trading an Eevoltuion for another one, while negating the effects of both, doesn't look too advantageous to me.

By the way, from the name I was expecting a card that allowed you to tribute an Eeevolution to revive an Eeeve with humongous stats to run over a big monster or something xD

I have not read carefully the rest of the cards, but I see some inconsistencies; for starters, I dislike how the different Eevolutions have different degrees of power and splashability, making it feel unfair. For example, Espeon is way too good anywhere with its Toadally-ish "negate and steal" effect; in contrast, Flareon is only good in decks with 200-DEF FIRE monsters, and not every FIRE deck plays those cards, so it is not as splashable; not to mention that it needs a large amount of those monsters in the grave to take full advantage of it, and that needs considerable grave set-up. Then again, Flareon can Xyz evolve into Entei... but that one also needs 200 DEF FIREs. Then, you have this duality on Umbreon that IMO looks too forced or "shoved in", so to speak, and makes it stand out over the rest of the Eevolutions; I would prefer if it had an effect that supported DARKs in a more generic way, and just so happened to provide an extra bonus if a Zombie is involved. Speaking of Zombies, IDK why it gives an special treatment to this type in the first place: I would think Umbreon is more associated with Fiends than Zombies; this further strengthens this "shoved in" feeling I mentioned.

Like in "Stone of Evolution", I spotted other issues with effects and mechanics. For example, Glaceon destroys a card as a cost, but officially that's not a thing yet: normally the destruction is written as part of the effect (e.g. see "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" and the Z-Arc Magicians).

• 2 weeks later...

Extreme Evoboost:

I'm not sure if negating an effect can be a cost; I would put the negation as part of the effect and an "if you do" PSCT to bind the second effect to the first one. That aside, not sure if I would bother with this card at all; trading an Eevoltuion for another one, while negating the effects of both, doesn't look too advantageous to me.

By the way, from the name I was expecting a card that allowed you to tribute an Eeevolution to revive an Eeeve with humongous stats to run over a big monster or something xD

So uhm, that's not what the effect does... the idea is that you destroy an "Adapted" monster, use Eevee to special out another one, then activate the effect of "Extreme Evoboost" to special out the "Adapted" monster that you destroyed with this card's effect.

Is that not currently what it does? Did I do mistakes?

So uhm, that's not what the effect does... the idea is that you destroy an "Adapting" monster, use Eevee to special out another one, then activate the effect of "Extreme Evoboost" to special out the "Adapting" monster that you destroyed with this card's effect.

Is that not currently what it does? Did I do mistakes?

Yeah, it does that, but while negating the effects of the 2 Eevolutions, so it does put more damage on board in exchange of vanilla Eevolutions, and that last part is what doesn't fully convince me, Then again, a pair would gain +1400 ATK from the Spell itself, and that's quite the big number. In retrospect this card alone may let them OTK so easily that you may as well go for a beat approach, potentially overshadowing whatever effects the Synchros have.

Archived