Earliest childhood memories

The Nyx Avatar

I was pretty young, young enough to have an early bedtime. I snuck downstairs when the lights were out and everyone was asleep. I couldn't wait to watch some TV at night without being bothered.

We had a small TV tucked into the corner, no remote or anything. My parents' room was right behind the TV wall. All was quiet as I slowly shimmied over, knelt down, and pressed the power button.

[spoiler=When suddenly]

dragonball-goku-oozaru-wallpaper-560x435

THE MIGHTY OOZARU ROARED, CRUSHING PICCOLO WITH HIS FISTS IN A FIT OF RAGE - ALL AT MAX VOLUME!!

I yelped, jammed the power button, and floored it upstairs to pitiful attempt to fall asleep. I thought I heard my dad rumbling after that, but he never said anything to me about it.

Pretty ironic that was my first exposure to the show.

Sadly I don't know. Any of my memories from childhood are vague and I can't place the times they occurred. And many I only remember partially due to hearing about it.

I can't really remember much from before I was 16 very well. Even up to like 20 things are foggy. Never was quite sure why that was.

I think the earliest vague memory was likely when I was playing hide and seek and hide in the closet and casually chewed the top of the container I was drinking from off. I think that was before I was 5.

I remember a lot of very early things, but at that point its difficult to place those ones chronologically, so I don't know which one is truly the earliest. Ill pick one if my favorites:

In preschool, I wasn't getting along with the other toddlers, so they moved me over into the tween room of the complex next door for a few hours, and that's where I was introduced to the PlayStation Spider-Man game. (The older kids let me rotate in to play)

My earliest is playing a CD promotion of 101 dalmatians, then I remember playing Nightmare Creatures and being really frustrated at the Hydra boss fight and Snowman boss fight, then playing hercules and being frustrated at the centaur boss.

Come to think of it, I could probably map my chronology more by which videogames I played than anything 

I was a little dare devil when I was a kid.

One time, I had a three wheeler that I would ride all over the place. Literally. One time, I put it on top of my grandma's patio, which was 6 steps tall, I road my tricycle from the top to the bottom and fell terribly. Not enough to prevent me from doing it again. I did once more.

I remember having a dream when I was really young where the car started driving on its own, I was sitting in the driver seat and the car was backing up while I was panicking and my mom was running towards the car.

I also remember once when I threw up on my Snoopy blanket and I felt sad because I threw up the noodles that my nana made me.

I also remember back when Sailor Moon was airing and I would always tell my papa whenever he came over what my girlfriend was. "Look its my girlfriend Sailor Jupiter shes coming over" and id point out the window while I was sitting on the couch and pretend that she was parked on the side and id just rinse and repeat with different girls.

I remember waking up thinking it was a Thursday instead of a Wednesday. Apparently I forgot Wednesdays existed until I argued with my mother about the day of the week that day. I don't remember how old I was but I was pretty young. Preschool. Probably started education but I'm not too sure of that. For whatever reason I remember only that moment alone quite well.

I have a very vague, but very vivid memory that I can't shake.  It's not bad, it's just. . .unclear.  Take it with a half of an eight of a fourth of a twelfth of a grain of salt.

So I was an infant.  Maybe not.  Maybe I was two, or three?  Maybe two.  I was sitting in a high chair.  My mom brings me a bottle and its filled with what I believe may have been strawberry soda.  I can still clearly see the bottle.  The nipple top, the clear plastic, the markings on the side.  And I remember the sweet smell of the soda (I'm assuming it was soda) because my little ass snatched off the top when mom went back to the phone, and drank the sheet outta that bottle.  OH.  I THINK IT MAY HAVE BEEN BARQ'S RED CREAM SODA.  And I think that's why I remember it.  Cuz I love Barq's lmaooo.

I actually know the date of my first memory. Not off the top of my head, I'd have to look it up, but it was the 40th birthday party of a family friend. We were all going to surprise him when he came home, so everybody hid in places around their house. My four-year-old self wasn't big on hiding, however, so I just kind of sat at the top of the stairs kinda-sorta away from direct view of the door. 

I actually know the date of my first memory. Not off the top of my head, I'd have to look it up, but it was the 40th birthday party of a family friend. We were all going to surprise him when he came home, so everybody hid in places around their house. My four-year-old self wasn't big on hiding, however, so I just kind of sat at the top of the stairs kinda-sorta away from direct view of the door. 

This is the cutest thing.  I can sort of imagine you waddling up the stairs too lmao.

I won't count the stuff that I know from old home videos of when I was super young. So the earliest thing I remember clearly was stuff I did back when I lived in South Korea (I don't remember specifically where), my dad was in the military so we moved there when I was about 5 (this was around 1999). I would walk to school when I was in Kindergarten, since it was very close by and we were in a nice neighborhood so my parents were fine with me walking there on my own. There was this big lot near my apartment that I would pass by on my way, and it was always going through construction for the whole time I lived there. There was a playground out front of the school entrance I used so I'd walk through that to get into the building, it was a cool brick building.

Before South Korea I lived in Fort Hood, Texas where I was born, but I don't remember anything from that time.

The earliest I can remember is playing Super Mario World (SNES) and fighting one of the bosses. Though I remember all of five seconds of that so I'm not sure if it counts. As far as actual memories that I can remember go, I'm pretty sure my earliest memory is one of two things.

1. Playing Donkey Kong 64, which I received along with a Nintendo 64 for Christmas. I'm pretty sure Super Mario 64 was also there.
  2. I remember playing Pokémon Yellow (and know I'd played Red prior, but have no memories of doing so) during a drive to somewhere. And I remember losing to Brock. Many times. Damn near two decades later, and I'm still salty that I never got my Boulderbadge >.>

I remember having a dream when I was really young where the car started driving on its own, I was sitting in the driver seat and the car was backing up while I was panicking and my mom was running towards the car.

I remember having a similar dream. Did you happen to dream about jumping downstairs?

The earliest I can remember is playing Super Mario World (SNES) and fighting one of the bosses. Though I remember all of five seconds of that so I'm not sure if it counts. As far as actual memories that I can remember go, I'm pretty sure my earliest memory is one of two things.

• Playing Donkey Kong 64, which I received along with a Nintendo 64 for Christmas. I'm pretty sure Super Mario 64 was also there.
  • I remember playing Pokémon Yellow (and know I'd played Red prior, but have no memories of doing so) during a drive to somewhere. And I remember losing to Brock. Many times. Damn near two decades later, and I'm still salty that I never got my Boulderbadge >.>
That's fine.

I myself remember playing Super Mario App Stars at my cousin's house when I was seven years old. Though I never made it to any bosses.

Was watching one of those old (even at the time) live-action Batman shows. Robin fired something at this creature made of mud and it went straight through him, leaving a hole in the middle.

The reason I remember this is because at that moment I made the conscious decision to do so. I've done it twice since, once standing in the middle of the first fairway of my (relatively) local golf club at about 11/12, and again when walking down the lane from where the schoolbus dropped me off to my house at about 14/15. The Batman one is from when I was about 3.

The reason I did it was because I was, unsurprisingly, a stupid funk as a child and was worried that I'd have no memories of childhood because of some retarded kids book or something, and so I took a mental snapshot of that moment to preserve at least one. I didn't care that it was an arbitrary point in time with no significance to me other than the ridiculous one I gave it in doing so, which makes it en worse.

I do have others, but they're not as clear and I really have no timeline on them so funk you.

Holy sheet yes. I've definitely had some kind of dream similar to that while young.

That's fine.

I myself remember playing Super Mario App Stars at my cousin's house when I was seven years old. Though I never made it to any bosses.

Did… did Nintendo do mobile gaming way earlier than people think?

Archived