CALWv22.jpg

Whenever your opponent targets a face up Ancient Gear monster in your field, equip this card to said monster. Your Ancient Gear monster will not be affected by any attack or effect. During the next turn, this effect persists, but you won't be able to declare any attack with the affected card. After the turn is over, banish Ancient Gear Train and special summon a 4 start or lower Ancient Gear monster from your graveyard. You can only use 1 "Ancient Gear Train" per turn.

ok an Equip Trap card that implied to be created intentionally (i hope im wrong)... im the mad scientist but would this should be moved to experimental?

well i we can go realistically (yes even casual still use it) and pretend that this is an Normal or Continuous Trap that Equips

the grammar is out of this world so yeah there gonna be alot of misconception over how this supposed to work. but im gonna try it anyway:

Active only when an "Ancient Gear" monster you control is targeted for attack or by opponent card effect: Equip this card to that monster. the Equipped monster cannot be Destroyed by battle and unaffected by other card effect. also the equipped monster cannot attack, except during the turn this card is activated. During your Main Phase. you can Banish this face up card: Special Summon 1 "Ancient Gear" monster from your Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Ancient Gear Train" once per turn.

well2 ignoring the fact that this card is inherently slow.... i would say that this card is way to cheap for its that level of protection. its still secure an OTK and if you missed the chance it can turn the only drawback this card has into direct advantage. morose effect that target is not that rare of occurrence

so yeah can be considered to be toned down

^Well, your interpretation has the SS effect work during the Main Phase instead of the End Phase as the original card implies and yours summons any whereas this only summons 4s and lower so the OTK potential isn't much of an issue. Also, yours lets you keep the equipped card on it for as long as you want vs the original one which only lasts 2 turns. (unless it was changed since the OP was posted).

I actually thing it's fair. A more powerful Safe Zone with no downside though limited to a specific archetype alongside an activation condition. This card can easily be removed before the SS effect kicks in and it doesn't keep itself around forever. It's perfectly fine for what it does.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback people! Now I'd like to clarify two points:

1. The grammar: Yes I know, it's horrible. English isn't my first language, and I'm not even good using commas in my first language. I'm sorry.
  2. The OTK capability and balance: I didn't create this card with any strategy in mind, I just wanted to create a strange card, that's all.

Archived