Outrealm Archetype

Octosquid

This is an archetype of Xyz monsters based on assorted Fire Emblem characters.

[spoiler=Xyz Monsters][spoiler=Outrealm Songstress]weGmHgv.png

Rank 3 ~ WATER ~ Aqua/Xyz/Effect
0/0
2 Level 3 monsters
If this card is destroyed: banish it. Neither player takes battle damage in battles involving this card. During either player's turn: You can target 1 other monster; it can attack twice each BP this turn, and if it is an "Outrealm" Xyz Monster, you may attach any number of Xyz Materials from this card to it, and it gains 500 ATK/DEF for each material attached. You can only use this effect of "Outrealm Songstress" once per turn.

[spoiler=Outrealm Merchant]z64VXmU.png

Rank 4 ~ FIRE ~ Warrior/Xyz/Effect
1800/1800
2 Level 4 monsters
If this card is destroyed: banish it. Once per turn, except during the Draw Phase, if your opponent adds a card(s) from their deck to their hand (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 Xyz Material from this card; draw the same amount of cards.

[spoiler=Outrealm Samurai?]2o4j6HH.png

Rank 4 ~ DARK ~ Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2000/1000
1 Level 4 Warrior monster + 1 Equip Card
If this card is destroyed: banish it. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can banish up to 2 Xyz materials from this card and target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field; destroy it, then, if you banished multiple Xyz Materials, attach it to this card as a face-up Xyz Material. That card and its effects cannot be activated until this effect resolves.

Clarification: You use face-up Equip Cards you control as part of the Xyz materials when you summon him.

[spoiler=Outrealm Mercenary]naA4VhS.png

Rank 6 ~ EARTH ~ Warrior/Xyz/Effect
3000/2500
2 Level 6 monsters
If this card is destroyed, banish it. If this card battles a monster, before damage calculation: you can banish 1 Xyz Material from this card; halve that monster's ATK/DEF during damage calculation only, also, you gain LP equal to half this card's ATK.

[spoiler=Outrealm Sky Knight]gSfjj0D.png

Rank 3 ~ WIND ~ Warrior/Xyz/Effect
1900/1200
1 non-Xyz Winged Beast monster + 1 Level 3 monster
If this card is destroyed: banish it. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell Cards while it has Xyz Material. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card your opponenent controls whose effect(s) prevents you from banishing cards; either negate its effects, then banish it, OR reveal your opponenet's hand and set it to their field.

[spoiler=Future Witness of the Outrealm]ozwlnQq.png

Rank 3 ~ LIGHT ~ Warrior/Xyz/Effect
1600/1000
2 Level 3 non-DARK monsters
If this card is destroyed: banish it. If this card would be destroyed by battle or banished by card effect: banish 1 Xyz Material instead if possible. This card gains 200 ATK for every "Outrealm" monster in your GY. If this card attacks a monster, at the end of the Damage Step: that monster loses ATK equal to this card's ATK.

[spoiler=Boss Monsters (also Xyz)][spoiler=Outrealm Lodestar]HdEUrN8.png

Rank 12 ~ LIGHT ~ Warrior/Xyz/Effect
4500/3000
5 "Outrealm" Xyz Monsters except "Outrealm Lodestar"
Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be Tributed. If this card is destroyed, banish it. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Wyrm or Dragon monster: destroy that monster. If this card would leave the field by card effect OR change possession, while it has Xyz Material: it remains on the field in your control, then banish 3 Xyz Materials from this card (or as many possible). This activation and effect cannot be negated.

[spoiler=Heir of the Emblem and Gate]zZfqBqQ.png

Rank 12 ~ LIGHT ~ Dragon/Xyz/Effect
3000/2500
9 "Outrealm" Xyz Monsters
Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can use banished monsters as materials in this card's Xyz Summon. You cannot Special Summon other monsters the turn you summon this card. Cannot be Tributed. If this card is destroyed, banish it. If this card leaves the field, banish all of its Xyz Materials. Once per turn: you can return all Xyz Materials from this card to the deck; banish all other cards on the field and in both players' GY's, then end your main phase.

[spoiler=Outrealm Portal]zVghRFF.png

~ Continuous Spell Card ~
When this card is activated: you can Special Summon an "Outrealm" monster that is banished. It cannot attack or activate effects this turn. You can Xyz Summon "Outrealm" monsters while they are banished. If an Xyz Monster leaves the field: banish its Xyz Materials instead of sending them to the GY.

[spoiler=Hope Will Never Die]ZAfcc9b.png

~ Normal Trap Card ~
During your opponents's BP, if you control no monsters: Xyz Summon up to 3 "Outrealm" monsters using banished cards as Xyz Materials. They are banished at the end of this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Hope Will Never Die" once per turn. If this set card is sent to the graveyard or banished face-up during your opponent's turn: return it to the hand.

[spoiler=Survivor Princess from Faraway]jC0AC1T.png

Level 3 ~ LIGHT ~ Warrior/Effect
400/250
At the start of the Damage Step, if this card is attacked, banish it. If this card is banished: You can declare 1 Normal Trap Card; banish as many cards as possible with the declared name in both players' GY's, also, after that, set 1 of your banished cards with that name to your field, and it can be activated this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Survivor Princess from Faraway" once per turn.

I'm not too familiar with the current meta-game, so I'd appreciate feedback on whether these cards can be abused in any way or if they need balancing.
Thanks ^.^

Picture Credits
Pic for Outrealm Portal comes from http://www.m9themes.com/724-2/ I don't know who made it originally.
Pic for Hope Will Never Die made by http://velcoll.deviantart.com/
Pic for Survivor Princess from Faraway posted by Keilis on http://www.zerochan.net/1411757
The rest are from the Fire Emblem cipher card game and belong to Intelligent Systems and Nintendo.

This'll be the update post I guess

Bump and update! 06-07-17

~ Tweaked effect of all monsters except the bosses so that they're not so Kaiju-proof

~ Added a OPT to Merchant so she doesn't become "Outrealm Maxx C"

~ Added a trap card and 3 LIGHT monsters that may be overpowered

Updated again! 06-09-17

~ Tweaked effects en masse

~ Buffed Samurai, Sky Knight, Songstress and Mercenary

~ Nerfed Marisa Future Witness a tiny bit

~ Changed some ranks and Xyz Materials to be more generic and easier to summon

~ Gave Lodestar a wyrmslayer (for flavor)

~ Wording changes to follow the new OCG more

Update to two cards 06-12-17

~ Portal banishes Xyz Materials upon monster removal to help with getting your Xyz Materials into the graveyard for "Hope Will Never Die"

(also might screw up opponent's Xyz graveyard plays)

~ Samurai's effect now needs to successfully destroy for the attach effect to occur, so it's vulnerable to destruction immunity/protection

~ Added a cute little main deck monster

Update 06-13-17

~ So Predaplant and Burning Abyss are a thing... No DARK monsters allowed for Marisa Future Witness, after all, she's trying to prevent a dark future.

~ Samurai only gets one named weapon in his Xyz Summon, I'm sure he'll give a fitting name to that Equip Card though.

~ small wording changes/fixes

Tiny Update 06-14-17

~ Changed Marisa's name to "Future Witness of the Outrealm" because of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

Update 06-26-17

~ Small changes to effects of Outrealm Lodestar and Survivor Princess

~ Wording tweaks and formatting changes

~ Added card set numbers, edition text and holo sticker to cards, new Lucina picture

Design Notes (where I explain stuff about the archetype):

For anyone unfamiliar with Fire Emblem, it’s a turn based strategy game where you control multiple units on a grid map. The Outrealms are a collection of locations accessible through a gate or portal (usually DLC) where players can meet up with characters from past games and battle with/against them like parallel universes that you travel to. Since Xyz monsters are considered to have come from a different dimension too, and different dimension = banished in yugioh, I thought Fire Emblem, Xyz, and banishing should totally be a thing.

This Archetype consists of multiple Xyz monsters that focuses on banishing, sharing the trait of banishing themselves upon destruction as well as banishing Xyz Materials instead of detaching. They also build in strength as the game goes on and more cards are banished. Their trap card allows for more summons and more options when more materials are in the banished zone and using “Outrealm Portal” lets you summon them back if you need to. Ultimately, you’ll be able to summon their boss monsters, kind of like Lightsworns. One of the bosses is incredibly hard to remove from the field, and the other nukes the field at the cost of all your progress. One major drawback of playing the entire archetype is the inability to get anything back from the graveyard without support, and taking up at least 2/3 of your extra deck. I made some of them potentially useful in general, like Merchant or Samurai (although equips are still rarely used nowadays).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I looked at your Outrealm cards, and I have to say that they have an interesing idea, but there are some things that I would like to point out:

1. You contructed your archetype more like an engine, which is not necessarily a bad thing, since most of your monsters have simple but good effects, but there are some problems, like: some monsters need wierd materials, Sky Knight, Samurai?, and Lodestar are the ones i'm referring to, those are not impossible, but very hard to achive.

2. Even tho some of the monsters are decent, almost no one will consider an option that is banished when destroyed, so if they don't play a full deck that the banishing helps to it's strategy, most will rather other options.

3. Most of your monsters would've been better as main deck monsters, but since you want your archetype to have the main monsters it uses in the extra deck, then I have a suggestion for your to make a main deck monster that can easily access almost all the extra deck monsters, like every zoodiac monster can access any zoodiac xyz or like Aleister the Invoker can access any Invoked fusion monster from the extra deck depending on the atributte of the other fusion material.

4. Even with all those things, there are some cards that I really like, your spell and your trap have some potential if the archetype was more diversed in the strategy, and the Heir of the Emblem and Gate and Outrealm Lodestar really bring the feel of a boss monster, but are kinda hard to summon. What I suggest is that you also buff the monsters for better effects and maybe adding something that rewards you for having banished Outrealm monsters.

I hope this feedback has helped you.

See ya.

Archived