Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

To be fair I only brought up BW2 was to cover the bases. At least Ghetsis' Hydreigon (which as we know was at an even lower level in BW2) wasn't as geared as the one in BW.

Oh yeah, they deliberately nerfed the Hydreigon after complaints of how hard the BW one was, which is why they geared it towards being a physical attacker instead of a special.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wasn't the only underlevelled Hydreigon to exist in gen 5. Iris' was underlevelled as well regardless of mode (53 in easy, 57 normal, 61 challenge), pre-rematch of course, but at least that one isn't as dickish as Ghetsis'

Actually, in Challenge Mode, her Hydreigon had the exact same moveset as Ghetsis's BW Hydreigon. In Normal Mode, it trades Focus Blast for Charge Beam and Fire Blast for Flamethrower.

Actually, in Challenge Mode, her Hydreigon had the exact same moveset as Ghetsis's BW Hydreigon. In Normal Mode, it trades Focus Blast for Charge Beam and Fire Blast for Flamethrower.

I did have a glance at the moves when I was making my post, I was more or less referring to the fact that it’s still underlevelled even in challenge mode. Then again I never played BW2 in challenge mode.

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Special Battle Season 7

The Special Battle rules for Season 6 have been revealed. Season 6 will run from November 17th to January 23rd 2018 and runs on Sun & Moon and Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, with rankings separate to eachother. This ruleset allows for use of all Pokémon within the new Alola Pokédex

Battle type: Single Battle

Pokémon Restrictions: Alola Pokédex.

Banned Pokémon: Currently unknown

The other standard rules apply, including all set to Level 50 if above that, and you choose 3 Pokémon out of your 6, and you cannot have two Pokémon holding the same hold item. Battles have a 10 minute duration, with turns having a 60 second timer. P

globalmission.jpg

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

The first Global Mission for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been announced. In this mission, players have to collectively capture 10,000,000 Pokémon by November 28th 2018. If everyone succeeds then a gift of 2,000 Festival Coins will be given to all players. If it's not achieved, then 1,000 Festival Coins will be given to all players. Rewards are doubled for players with a Global Link Account. We'll bring full details as it comes.

Edit @ 22:09: They have also confirmed the Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Global Mission Schedule

December 12th-27th: Have Fun Mantine Surfing!

January 9th - 23rd: Win at the Battle Agency

February 6th - 20th: Harvest Poké Beans!

March 6th - 20th: Trade Pokémon at the GTS

April 3rd - 17th: Hatch a lot of Eggs

May 1st - 15th: Get BP at the Battle Tree

June 5th - 19th: Play in Festival Plaza

We'll bring more on if any are added or any changes are made as they come

usumball.jpg

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

It has been confirmed that, following Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon's release next week, if you sign up to the Pokémon Global Link before January 30th, you will receive a special serial code towards the end of January to receive a Master Ball for your games

Here's some stuff from Serebii.

- Might assume the time is a typo (but if it isn't, then you got a whole year for everyone to catch 10 million 'mons). 

- Sign up for Global Link and you get a Master Ball. (Show of hands, who still hasn't used theirs in S/M yet?)

- Something about Season 7 for S/M if anyone does that here.

And yeah, you know what's coming up.

====

Now for tomorrow's stuff (well, it'll be roughly 7 pm Thursday for me when they air stuff, so...)

I just watched the newest trailer, and OMG am I hyped! I have wanted ever since gen 5 to have a game where all Evil leaders and legendary pokemon come together, and now my dream has come true, in a sense. This seems like a better game than the original Sun/Moon tbh. Catching Totem Pokemon is gonna be awesome, and the Battle Agency seems cool and new as well. Good job Game Freak for making so many wishes come true.

I just realized, more legendary pokemon in one game actually gives you a reason to USE that master ball. You can decide based on the difficulty to catch or just your fav one of them to use it on. That's such a cool feature, and it needed to happen a long time ago...

On the subject of Global Missions; specifically the first for a start, I'm on the fence whether that'll end in success. 10,000,000 seems a bit ambitious, but I suppose they wanted to make things harder for us.

The only other one I have doubts over at this stage is the GTS one.

Yeah, I doubt we'll do well on the GTS; considering how much of an jabroni people can be on there. We'll see.

First one may be alright if a ton of people do buy the game and participate / actually remember to clock their stuff in on time.

I just realized, more legendary pokemon in one game actually gives you a reason to USE that master ball. You can decide based on the difficulty to catch or just your fav one of them to use it on. That's such a cool feature, and it needed to happen a long time ago...

I'm still salty about that Shiny Lugia in Alpha Sapphire three years ago (it killed itself with Struggle); should've kept it instead of using it on Kyogre. (Yeah, I said 'screw it' at the time.)

Still have both of mine in Sun and Moon (and X). Tapus caught in Dusk / Timer Balls, and I literally caught Necrozma in a Poke Ball while trying to burn time for Timer Ball. But other than that, I haven't been using Master Ball much either, unless it takes forever to catch something (and/or it's a shiny). 

====

(Right, and I'll go watch the trailer later if it came out)

Yeah, I doubt we'll do well on the GTS; considering how much of an jabroni people can be on there. We'll see.

First one may be alright if a ton of people do buy the game and participate / actually remember to clock their stuff in on time.

At this point the GTS might as well be the UTS (Unreasonable Trade Station) considering people have been dicks since gen 4.

The first one will either be a narrow pass or a narrow fail, dependant on sales, schedules, etc.

At this point the GTS might as well be the UTS (Unreasonable Trade Station)

The first one will either be a narrow pass or a narrow fail, dependant on sales, schedules, etc.

1. Yeah, might as well.

I mean, not everyone on GTS is a jackass and can be reasonable, but a lot of sheet I see people asking for on GTS; yeah. Then again, there is the possibility that people are self-trading and don't want people sniping. I admit I do use the GTS to evo trade certain 'mons and I don't want to be sniped while doing so if I offer an easier 'mon.

(This is why I miss having personalized comments, but how many even read them?)

2. Think people will buy it due to the hype and more stuff, but I think more on the schedules as I'm assuming a lot of players are in college / working, so...less time for this.

1. Yeah, might as well.

I mean, not everyone on GTS is a jackass and can be reasonable, but a lot of sheet I see people asking for on GTS; yeah. Then again, there is the possibility that people are self-trading and don't want people sniping. I admit I do use the GTS to evo trade certain 'mons and I don't want to be sniped while doing so if I offer an easier 'mon.

(This is why I miss having personalized comments, but how many even read them?)

2. Think people will buy it due to the hype and more stuff, but I think more on the schedules as I'm assuming a lot of players are in college/working, so...less time for this.

1. I stopped bothering with the GTS after gen 4 (the last time I used it was to get a Prinplup for a Floatzel)

2. I'm working on the day that USUM comes out (and I don't even know if the store I pre-ordered from is doing a midnight launch), and unless the store is doing a midnight launch, I have to pick it up after work.

I probably have to pick it up before I go to class, or around 4-5 pm when I get home from school (traffic permitting because Friday afternoons suck). Or Saturday after work. 

Also...people apparently datamined Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, so there are some spoilers underneath.

Do not open if you dislike spoilers.

[spoiler=I warned you not to read this]

• Necrozma got a new form which is apparently Dragon/Psychic. (So what, you want to outclass my Eons in their defining trait?). Also new move.
    • I think someone got the stats for Ultra Necrozma too in another video, but IDK. (Something like 167 SpAtk, 129 Speed and whatever else; need to look at that video again.)
  • Names of the UBs are known (their actual names). UB-Assembly is Stakataka and UB-Burst is Blacephalon. Nothing on their actual BST or stat spread. 
  • UB-Adhesive (Poipole) evolves into another one (Nagandel), and is event exclusive. 
  • New Pokémon named Zereora. (All we know is that it's Electric with a high speed, and mythical). New move in Plasma Fists (changes Normal moves to Electric)
  • Something about Ash being in the game.
  • Nothing on Dusk Lycanroc.

Do not open if you dislike spoilers.

[spoiler=I warned you not to read this]

• Necrozma got a new form which is apparently Dragon/Psychic. (So what, you want to outclass my Eons in their defining trait?). Also new move.
    • I think someone got the stats for Ultra Necrozma too in another video, but IDK. (Something like 167 SpAtk, 129 Speed and whatever else; need to look at that video again.)
  • Names of the UBs are known (their actual names). UB-Assembly is Stakataka and UB-Burst is Blacephalon. Nothing on their actual BST or stat spread. 
  • UB-Adhesive (Poipole) evolves into another one (Nagandel), and is event exclusive. 
  • New Pokémon named Zereora. (All we know is that it's Electric with a high speed, and mythical). New move in Plasma Fists (changes Normal moves to Electric)
  • Something about Ash being in the game.
  • Nothing on Dusk Lycanroc.

To add to this

[spoiler=SPOILER]

Naganadel

Base Stats: 073.073.073.127.073.121 (BST: 540)

Type: Poison / Dragon

Stakataka

Base Stats: 061.131.211.053.101.013 (BST: 570)

Type: Rock / Steel

Blacephalon

Base Stats: 053.127.053.151.079.107 (BST: 570)

Type: Fire / Ghost

Zeraora

Base Stats: 088.112.075.102.080.143 (BST: 600)

Abilities: Volt Absorb

Type: Electric

Ultra Sun Necrozma

Base Stats: 097.157.127.113.109.077 (BST: 680)

Type: Psychic / Steel

Ultra Moon Necrozma

Base Stats: 097.113.109.157.127.077 (BST: 680)

Type: Psychic / Ghost

Ultra Necrozma

Base Stats: 097.167.097.167.097.129 (BST: 754)

Abilities: Neuroforce

Type: Psychic / Dragon

Dusk Lycanroc

Base Stats: 075.117.065.055.065.110 (BST: 487)

Abilities: Tough Claws

To add to this

[spoiler=SPOILER]

Naganadel

Base Stats: 073.073.073.127.073.121 (BST: 540)

Type: Poison / Dragon

Stakataka

Base Stats: 061.131.211.053.101.013 (BST: 570)

Type: Rock / Steel

Blacephalon

Base Stats: 053.127.053.151.079.107 (BST: 570)

Type: Fire / Ghost

Zeraora

Base Stats: 088.112.075.102.080.143 (BST: 600)

Abilities: Volt Absorb

Type: Electric

Ultra Sun Necrozma

Base Stats: 097.157.127.113.109.077 (BST: 680)

Type: Psychic / Steel

Ultra Moon Necrozma

Base Stats: 097.113.109.157.127.077 (BST: 680)

Type: Psychic / Ghost

Ultra Necrozma

Base Stats: 097.167.097.167.097.129 (BST: 754)

Abilities: Neuroforce

Type: Psychic / Dragon

Dusk Lycanroc

Base Stats: 075.117.065.055.065.110 (BST: 487)

Abilities: Tough Claws

[spoiler=Other stuff]

• Somewhat amusing that one of the prompts in the CAP game here was an offensive Poison/Dragon, and there we go with Naganadel. So yeah, Timid nature or go home. (Dragalge still has more bulk to its name though)
  • Stakataka's BST looks really nice so far; 131 Attack and 211 Defense don't hurt, and 101 Special Defense isn't too bad. Issue being that being 4x weak to EQ / Earth Power sucks and obviously you're not going anywhere with base 13 Speed. (Uh yeah, even Ferrothorn is slightly faster). I can't help but compare it to Aggron (well, he has Sturdy and a Mega to eliminate weaknesses)
  • Blacephalon is probably going mixed, depending on what it gets in movepool. Let's see how it stacks up to Chandelure in terms of role and stuff (other than being a big sweeper)
  • Liking Zereora's stat spread and stuff so far. Fastest Electric-type so far, I guess.
  • Ultra Sun/Moon Necrozma loses a few speed points, but other than that, 157 base isn't bad. (IDK, I would've thought it'd be more like B/W Kyurem, but...Reshiram and Zekrom have higher offensive stats anyway [and are faster])
  • Have a feeling Ultra Necrozma's going to be hitting AG in Smogon depending on what it gets, considering it will be the fastest Dragon in existence (oh hell, it has higher BST than Arceus; only beaten by Mega Mew2 and Ray). Also yeah, something about my Eons.
    • What does Neuroforce do? We'll have to find out.
    • For all intents and purposes, Psychic/Dragon is the same as Dragon/Psychic (yes, they are technically different, but in the end, same resistances and weaknesses apply). Also wonder why it's a Dragon this time; we'll see.
  • Dusk basically swapped 2 speed points for Attack on Midday. I have mixed feelings on this one; 115 Attack wasn't too bad, and 112 Speed was good. Don't get me wrong; 110 is still good, but that tier is CROWDED.
    • Please let it have our player's name on it; if Ash is the original Trainer, some people are going to be pissed off.

Well, at least I know what natures I need to go for with the new stuff, so...yeah.

Naganadel: Timid nature

Stakataka: (IDK, Relaxed/Impish; I guess you could try Trick Room with this, but...)

Blacephalon: Hasty/Naive (to be determined based on movepool)

Ultra Necrozma: Probably Adamant for Dusk, and Modest for Dawn (though I think we only get 1 Necrozma per game, so...plan for this AND the final Necrozma)

Final Necrozma: Definitely a +Spd nature, but need to see what its movepool looks like. (Then again, this shares the same weaknesses as my Eons [albeit with slightly better physical defenses and stuff], so...

Dusk Lycanroc: Jolly (without reservations)

Archived