Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

Welp, I've just made that Pikachu with Surf mine. Honestly it wasn't too hard, but the Poni Surf Challenge is an utter jabroni considering how many freaking obstacles there are. I rarely saw Sharpedo in the other courses, but in the Poni one I frequently saw groups of six eager to ram my ass down.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have to get high scores in all of them, though getting the Surf Pikachu isn't top priority at the moment. Probably could do better on them if my circle pad wasn't wearing out or something. Need to look at the Poni one.

As it stands, I'm done with main storyline; need to go deal with Team Rainbow Rocket and catch that other Blacephalon. Put that aside to go see how well I can manage the Ultra Wormholes; changing to the circle pad makes it so much easier than motion. So far, I have gotten Azelf, Zapdos and Reshiram from them (in that particular order), though it did take a few attempts on each just to GET there and a couple more for catching with right nature/IVs, etc.

I had other plans, but yeah, bumping into electric balls didn't help too much.

(tl;dr, just train my idealized postgame team right now, then proceed to rip Giovanni and neo Team Rocket apart.)

I felt it was worth it just for a little extra BP (I got 462 from Bank but more doesn't hurt~) and also getting a free Gold Bottle Cap. Plus I never knew Synchronize worked on gift Pokemon, but now I do Imma abuse the hell out of it. I checked the Surf Pikachu's IVs too. Perfect in Sp.Atk, and 30 in Speed. Gotta say that's pretty damn nice.

Okay, so the Ultra Warp Ride is insane. Yesterday I got 4 different UBs (Nihilego, Celesteela, Pheromosa, and Guzzlord), 6 Legendaries (Articuno, Lugia, Kyogre, Latias, Azelf, and Yveltal), and 2 shinies (A Floatzel and a Yanmega with Speed Boost). Completely bonkers.

Today I've gotten a shiny Stunfisk and Zapdos, which ain't bad either.

UPDATE: Also just got an Entei. This is just wow.

UPDATE DOS: Registeel as well. Holy hell.

I just have to get used to the controls and stuff so I can more/less get the warp hole I want and not bang into the electricity, but yeah, it's kinda cool. The shiny factor thing is amazing too; might need to try that out if I can make it past maybe 3-4K light years.

As much as I'd to keep my Synchronize 'mons on team for the right wormhole, yeah, stuff happens. 

====

Aiming for more of the blue ones because of Latios.

I just have to get used to the controls and stuff so I can more/less get the warp hole I want and not bang into the electricity, but yeah, it's kinda cool. The shiny factor thing is amazing too; might need to try that out if I can make it past maybe 3-4K light years.

As much as I'd to keep my Synchronize 'mons on team for the right wormhole, yeah, stuff happens. 

====

Aiming for more of the blue ones because of Latios.

My friend and I were talking yesterday, and figured out if you have 2 3DS's/a friend you can have them trade you the Synchronized mon you need once you're in the legendary/shiny's area.

Also, just got a Virizion :P

I think the key to the Ultra Space minigame is to stick to the walls as much as possible. It's good for avoiding the electricity. And yeah, shinies seem to start showing up around 3.5k, and the Legendary Wormholes start around there too, but they're pretty rare that early. NEVERMIND, I just got a legendary at 3.2k. Bloody hell, either this is a crazy easy way to get legendaries or I'm just insanely lucky.

JESUS CHRIST I JUST CAUGHT A HALF HEALTH MOLTRES IN A POKEBALL. WHAT A DAY. PRAISE THE SUN.

In my case, try to trade them over with self via the GTS, though having another 3DS would make things A LOT easier. 

Right now, just naming the general 'mons I get from the Wormholes "(xxxx)LY", (xxxx) being how far in they were caught. More of a progress marker and stuff to see how far I've gotten, I guess. (Well, at least now anyway).

===

EDIT: I have a Shiny Nuzleaf now after 3200 light years in-game, so...yay, I guess.

Will probably keep tabs of shinies found here within this post. 

Man, I don't think I thought my team through as thoroughly as I had thought, seeing as how Ultra Necrozma kicked my ass wickedly, and I had to reset to properly account for Totem Ribombee, who got +2 to all stats with its aura; which is honestly kinda BS considering Hapu in comparison was easy as sheet to beat.

Even though I overleveled a bit and planned accordingly from Serebii giving info on Ultra Necrozma (even packing on Ghost moves), yeah, I still lost a couple Pokémon to it, mainly due to its sheer power (though they at least did significant damage to Necrozma before going down). 

Also might've not helped that its aura boosted its already sky-high 129 base speed; greater than whatever I had on team at the time. (Even though I am familiar with how to deal with Dragon/Psychic Pokémon, yeah, Ultra Necrozma =/= Eons). 

=====

Speaking of that, I did catch Latios after 3225 LY (or 3400-something, don't remember and probably doesn't matter in the end) after Groudon. 

=====

I didn't have issue with Ribombee, though the most it did was just tank my level 59-60 Arcanine or Totem Marowak, both with Adamant nature, full EVs and spamming Flare Blitz. 

=========

Then again, I'm doing RR storyline now.

... huh. My team's starting to look the same as it did in Sun: Incineroar, Tsareena, and Oricorio all share the second-highest Level (49, only beaten by my Totem-sized A-Raticate at 51), and even some of my standby PKMN include A-Muk, Palossand, and a Ribombee. I know I should probably catch more Pokemon to try and diversify/differentiate my team from the one in Sun, but another part of me feels like cheating by trading over some Eggs from Sun (not currently doing a Nuzlocke, btw, just thought I should point that out).

Anyways, I'm currently on Poni Island, so I'll be approaching the Altar of the Moone soon... yeah @___@;

In my case, only 'mons that more/less remained the same from S/M are Espeon, Lycanroc, Solgaleo and I guess my starter. Only differences this time are probably adding Totem Marowak and, I guess that's about it. Need to go check what I had as the sixth member, so yeah, was Arcanine on that run or was a later addition. I had a Jolteon in Sun as well, but what I replaced that with due to lack of time / interest in breeding one, need to check. 

Yeah, I had a much bigger weakness to Ground moves than I did in Sun.

(I technically "cheated" during the grass trial to import powerful Fire 'mons to handle Lurantis, and moving stuff over for dex entries, but yeah.)

====

At this point, catching some of the legendaries from the Wormholes is helping to flesh out my team a bit more in terms of type coverage. Well, least the ones that I actually wanted and got lucky at getting to.

So I rebooted after the Poke Bank update and transfered all the starters over to my new game.

Just cleared the Fire Trial and am going around with Charizard to clear out places I haven't reached with Lapras.

Also spent about 2-3 hours this afternoon Mantine Surfing.  It's fun as heck. Also gets you BP way faster than the Royal or Battle Tree.

Team currently is:

Dartix

Torracat

Brionne

DuskRoc

Espeon

Jangmo-o

All Level 28 right now.

Welp, I decided to try the Battle Agency. It's nice to see that it cheats about as much as the funking Royale does. Rental Venusaur is almost KOed by Bewear's Thrash, so I Synthesis back to full. Bewear decides that's not good enough, so it OHKOs Venusaur the next turn with a highly convenient crit. Not to mention Leech Seed failing three times in a row now.

Or the RNG is rigged as hell, but yeah. 

IDK if Battle Agency will really do anything except contribute to that global mission. But at the same time, some of the rental 'mons are not ideal (by competitive standards anyway). 

====

I still need to flesh out Isle Avue, the berry fields and Aphun to their final stages. The bean isle and Evelup are already done, because I need those more.

I'm gonna get both games and I have the cash for them.

Question, do you get the special Rockruff when you start the game or when you arrive at your first Pokemon Center.

Also, gonna be a girl in both.

Female for moon will be named Diana

Female for Sun will be called either Soliel, Aurora, Summer, Solana or Apollonia.

Well I managed to beat Rainbow Rocket myself while working on my competitive team which will be the following.

Charizard, Timid, Mega Y

Scizor, Adamant, Technician, Life Orb

Garchomp, Jolly, Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet

Terrakion, Jolly, Assault Vest

Greninja, Timid, Protean, Expert Belt

Tapu Lele, Modest, Farium Z

A strong offensive team with balanced Physical and Special attacking pokemon.

Also wondering with Terrakion Earthquake or Stomping Tantrum as if I miss with Stone Edge Stomping would turn into a 150 Base Power Move but Earthquake is a pure 100.

Archived