Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

It is a mystery gift after all, I couldn't remember if there was another pre-requisite like needing the dex as well.

(petty editing ftw)

Thanks, btw, what do you think of the name possibilities for my avatar for US and UM?

Again:

Ultra Moon: Diana

Ultra Sun: Solana, Soliel, Summer, Apollonia or Aurora.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, btw, what do you think of the name possibilities for my avatar for US and UM?

Again:

Ultra Moon: Diana

Ultra Sun: Solana, Soliel, Summer, Apollonia or Aurora.

I can see why you'd consider those names (looking at origins and whatnot), but at the same time wouldn't you agree they're a tad predictable as well?

But at the end of the day, if you like them then that's the main thing, it's your runs after all, don't let us stop you.

It is a mystery gift after all, I couldn't remember if there was another pre-requisite like needing the dex as well.

(petty editing ftw)

You probably do need the dex, because it makes no sense if you try to load it up before getting your starter. But yeah, assume everyone already got theirs by now. 

I still need to take on the Team Galactic part of the RR thing (well, beat Cyrus and all). I'd like to make sure my team is strong enough before I gotta deal with Mewtwo and all at the end. Most of them are Level 70+, so that is helping, but I do have a very big weakness to Ground types right now and I can't be relying on my starter to handle all of them. 

You probably do need the dex, because it makes no sense if you try to load it up before getting your starter. But yeah, assume everyone already got theirs by now. 

Technically I haven't started yet, but to be fair I've been working quite a bit over the past week.

Though I wasn't planning on getting the Rockruff until my team reached lv11ish anyway.

Yeah, Olivia had Golem and Probopass; those two gave me headaches and usually resulted in me having to carry a Mold Breaker / Turboblaze 'mon to trash them. I mean, she still has Probopass, but it's not that threatening, save for being an ass to remove.

Kahili has no more Skarmory, but I had no issues killing it. Just sucks more if they use Full Restores.

After playing this game... I honestly can't help but feel dissatisfied with my team choices. Ironically, all the ones I'm not happy with are my potential megas (Tyranitar, Blaziken, and Ampharos). They just don't feel so great, and Blaziken has repeatedly gotten his ass kicked. I'm thinking of maybe restarting with the current choices for the next run:

Incineroar

Ribombee (she has been an amazing addition like holy sheet I underestimated this bug)

Slowbro

Decidueye (breeding)

Dunno what I should get, but I feel I should have a ground type that isn't Mudsdale, as I used one in Sun. I'm not going with A-Dugtrio because it's not all that terrific. Just decent Attack and Speed but relies too hard on the steel typing for bulk.

I'm considering maybe also breeding a Jangmo-o for Hakamo-o, or maybe using a Flygon or Garchomp, so I can have a dedicated ground user. I am hesitant to use Garchomp since I used one in X, but they are a lot tougher than Flygon, who has so-so stats for a dragon. I would have Earthquake by level 33 though if I take Flygon though, compared to Garchomp who doesn't learn it period.

Okay, I think I have my new team:

Incineroar
Decidueye

Slowbro

Rimbombee

Ampharos (she was the least disappointing of all my choices tbh)

Garchomp

Well, I traded my Shiny Swellow to my Sun and gave my brother the stuff he needs for his living dex. And now, I am going to restart and begin a Nuzlocke, which I may or may not chronicle in my sig. (Fun fact, a guy on the Nuzlocke forums tried to do a blind Nuzlocke run of Ultra Moon. He wiped after less than 3 hours)

Currently soft-resetting my Poipole for either a Timid or Modest Nature, but it's taking quite a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

You know Synchronize users work, right? Because it's a gift 'mon and not from Mystery Gift, if the user is first in party, it'll force its nature onto it. 

That might help, and then you'd only have to worry about IVs.

Huh. For completing the entire Alloa Dex you now not only get a Shiny Charm, but also a karate gi and pants. That's pretty cool, though I wonder how you get the Hakamo-o clothing, since I saw someone wear it in Fedtival Plaza.

You buy the Kommo-o set at the mall in Hauoli City. The full set costs 2.4 million Poke. The female trainer gets a clothing set based on Lurantis.

The first Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Global Mission has finished in failure. This Global Mission's theme was to capture as many Pokémon as possible and it was a failure with a total of 5,442,088 captures. As it was a failure, the gift of 1,000 FC, or 2,000 FC if the game is connected to the Global Link, is now available.

Also;

Details for the next Battle Competition have been announced. This is the Johto X Alola competition. This is a Double Battle competition using rules where you can only use Pokémon from the Johto and Alola Regional Pokédexes barring the standard Legendary and Mythical bans. Transferred Pokémon are allowed.. All Pokémon will be raised to Level 50 for the duration of the competition. Registration runs from December 7th to December 14th. Battles will run from December 15th through December 17th. All entrants will get the 50 Battle Points.

Still taking my sweet time here, though this pace lets me savor everything :p

I beat Totem Togedemaru without any trouble (A-Marowak tanked Bounce easily and Dedenne couldn't do anything other than Charm to it) as well as Guzma, and am now attempting Acerola's trial. My team as of this point consists of:

Andrea (Noibat) ♀ Lv.35

Teddy (Bewear) ♂ Lv.34

Bob (A-Marowak) ♀ Lv.34

TooFabulous♥ (Ampharos) ♂ Lv.34

Shpook (Decidueye) ♂ Lv.35

Venus (Milotic) ♀ Lv.36

Edit: Totem Mimikyu has been vanquished~

I finished dealing with Rainbow Rocket, now the part in catching the Ultra Wormhole legendaries and then Necrozma. Also keeping track of how far I went to capture certain legendaries; already got my Eon and Reshiram, so...we're good. I don't remember the latter's LY distance, but probably somewhere in the 3000-range (same goes for Zapdos and Azelf). 

I just finished dealing with Team Skull in Po Town, Nanu, and the whole Aether Foundation stuff. I ended up super under-leveled going into battle against Lusamine with a team of Lv.41-42s, but the battle itself ended in a fairly straightforward win (with Noibat actually doing something for once - in this case, taking down Lilligant), since I had counters for most of her team. I had some fun taking down her Milotic and Bewear in mirror matches with my own Milotic and Bewear, respectively. Against Milotic, I just Toxic-stalled it to death while spamming Recover (her Dragon Pulses were doing only about 30% damage, so I wasn't in any danger there). In Bewear's case, I tanked a Drain Punch from her's before OHKO'ing with a Hammer Arm-based All-Out Pummeling. Coming out from that battle, my team currently stands as follows:
- Ampharos Lv.41
- Noibat Lv.42
- Decidueye Lv.42
- A-Marowak Lv.41
- Bewear Lv.42
- Milotic Lv.44

At this point, you do have Poni Island to handle (including the whole of Vast Poni Canyon, and then the Dragon trial). All of them are in the mid/upper 40s, so prepare for that. Poipole shouldn't be too hard for you to handle even at level 49.

====

In my case, I have to finish the Dex, catch the other wormhole legendaries (but those can wait), breed projects to make Smogon quality versions of my standard team 'mons and yeah, train stuff to level 100.

Also catch that 2nd Blacephalon eventually, as I haven't caught it yet and still using it as a SpAtk punching bag. 

You know, with how differently the story plays in USUM compared to SuMo, I can't help but feel the Nihilego encounter at the Aether Foundation is mostly pointless now, as it doesn't drive Lusamine's obsession anymore. In the original Lusamine is obsessed with it, and having Nihilego consumes her to the point she merges with it. But in USUM, it never comes back up again, and Lusamine completely forgets about it in favour of saving the world from Necrozma. Heck, the other UBs are completely pointless in general, since you only go after Blacephalon/Stakataka in a very controlled way while the other UBs are only random encounters in Ultra Space. It completely takes away the damage done to the world by the Ultra Wormholes, considering the fact that several UBs appear during that one cutscene... and are never heard from again, sans the new UBs. It just all feels kinda pointless in a ways.

Yeah, they missed some opportunities to develop the existing UBs into the US/UM thing instead of turning everything to Necrozma (which apparently became a 255 catch rate 'mon, unless Bulbapedia screwed up). Would've been nice to deal with the invading ones in-game, and then go hunt more later, but meh.

On a sidenote, I did catch a shiny Swanna from the Wormhole, though at this point, I'm not shiny hunting (or actively doing it). Still trying to figure out how far I'll need to go to access Guzzlord.

Archived