Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(RIP not getting to hear birthday song in Pokemon Center when released because I turn 23 two days BEFORE these launch)

Well, I sort of guessed that the Direct would either announce remakes / sequels for Gen 7 or probably something about Gen 4; I got the former right. Would've been nice for a third version, but if it's like B2W2; yeah. 

Lycanroc, Mimikyu and Togedemaru get better treatment, so that's cool. Lycanroc still needs move tutors to make it good, Togedemaru is still meh and Mimikyu probably will become more of a threat than it currently is. More UBs would be nice (likely will expand on them); how they'll turn out is unclear. 

Also mandatory things I hope are in here / extend on.

[spoiler=Long list]

1. More areas to train postgame

I've said this a few times, but yeah, postgame training legitimately sucks due to lack of places and how low their Levels are thereof. So yeah, let's see what our options are:

• Battle Buffet: Level 55 (1 mon in 10 battles)
  • E4: Level 63; 5 mons + title defense battle.
  • Morimoto: Level 62 (6 mons once per day)

So yeah, either adding something akin to White Treehollow/Black Tower would be nice, or otherwise make the E4 have stronger 'mons. (Level 70+ would've been nice). This is what the Battle Tree should've been, but oh well. (Would've been fine having this instead of the Battle Royales). Also, add Blissey and Audino trainers.

Also the modified EXP formula, but they're probably keeping it, so... I put up with it in Generation 5 because unlike Alola, there's actually good places to train postgame (namely the E4 / Champion are actually challenging, and the Treehollow goes up to the high 70s - 80/85). 

tl;dr, more areas to train postgame / competent trainers. 

2. Alolan forms of non-Kanto 'mons

Think this will get covered, but we'll see. 

3. Move tutors

Self explanatory; some of the Alola 'mons really need certain moves to be good (or really a lot of the older ones we get in this generation don't have access to them). Likely will require BP for moves, but that's fine. 

4. Some way to catch older Pokemon (specifically on legendaries)

Using B2W2 as a reference, you at least get access to older stuff postgame. Given they're making two games, I'm going to assume that they're having a key system or something. We'll see how it goes.

5. Better clothing options

Females get a good amount of it; males not so much. Also rubber slippers / flip flops need to be in here as footwear choice; yes, people here actually wear them around the place. 

6. Actually have the EV/IV values printed on the chart instead of having us do guesswork.

Getting the chart itself is helpful, but yeah, still confusing on how much we have. 

7. Accented characters

I'm going to assume why Gamefreak isn't adding this is due to the English language not really using them except for "e" with the acute accent, or font issues. Refer to some previous notes I made about Hawaiian orthography in the S/M thread. 

8. Fix GTS

Basically, stop people from asking for event Pokemon and/or 'mons that cannot be legitimately obtained in a certain gender / level, etc. Or really, just stop people from asking for event legendaries for whatever common stuff they have. 

9. Lucky Egg and Macho Brace

Gamefreak, why weren't these two in S/M; or least the former until after you become Champion? So basically, at least give us the option of getting more Lucky Eggs instead of having to rely on just 1 (without trading) and adding Macho Brace would be nice too. 

(On a sidenote, I think a lot of people would like Horde battles back because they're much less irritating than SOS, but don't count on it returning.)

I'm technically replaying White 2, so a lot of the stuff in the suggestion box does come from what Gen 5 did right. 

Are they trying to rush out Generation 8? Guys, give yourselves a break to refresh your creative juices.

They took a year off between OR/AS and S/M. We get a Pokemon game almost yearly so that was a pretty big rest.

There's that and the fact they were released close enough to one another. I wish I had just held off on buying Pokken for the Wii U considering the amount of time I played it, I could have easily waited for DX. 

These look kinda interesting. Sun and Moon were my favorite stories so I'm down for an expansion on that. I'm hoping we get more Ultra Beasts and more Alolan forms.

I also think this means we'll never receive a 3rd version again. BW2 and USM prove they're able to make two sequels instead of one.

The more I've thought about it the more I feel like that is spilling over to this. Regardless of if this is a sequel or an upgraded release like 3rd versions this is going to be a great game since they are building on such a strong foundation. I wonder if that is also playing into things since I loved the story in Gen 7 and I might be afraid that it won't hold up or they'll mess something up with this.

2. Alolan forms of non-Kanto 'mons

Think this will get covered, but we'll see. 

9. Lucky Egg and Macho Brace

Gamefreak, why weren't these two in S/M; or least the former until after you become Champion? So basically, at least give us the option of getting more Lucky Eggs instead of having to rely on just 1 (without trading) and adding Macho Brace would be nice too. 

(On a sidenote, I think a lot of people would like Horde battles back because they're much less irritating than SOS, but don't count on it returning.)

I'm honestly not sure if we'll get more Alolan forms. They are VERY close to new Pokemon and I think they are likely too close for more to get added. Granted Mega forms are also pretty close (not as close, but still), so I could be proven wrong.

We don't need the Macho Brace. The Power items are just better so adding that will do nothing.

Horde battles weren't in because of gameplay limitations. The slow down for the 1 vs 2 was really bad at times on the older model 3DS so having 3 more Pokemon could end poorly. But if they fix that I'd obviously love to see them come back. Horde EV training is just so simple.

I liked Horde training because EV training got done faster, and not have to worry about another Pokemon coming in. Whatever came up initially is what we're dealing with; no one else is coming. Granted, SOS battles do yield perfect IV mons / HAs (and shiny chance if you have enough patience/time), so that's a good thing.

Also have seen people complain about Pokemon damaging your 'mon and then calling for help; one thing they'd like is for calling a 'mon to take up a turn. I'm technically neutral on that thought, but yeah, it does get annoying after a while. 

====

But yeah, still would like Lucky Egg to be available earlier on, or the ability to get more of them like we could in OR/AS off Pelippers. 

I liked Horde training because EV training got done faster, and not have to worry about another Pokemon coming in. Whatever came up initially is what we're dealing with; no one else is coming. Granted, SOS battles do yield perfect IV mons / HAs (and shiny chance if you have enough patience/time), so that's a good thing.

Also have seen people complain about Pokemon damaging your 'mon and then calling for help; one thing they'd like is for calling a 'mon to take up a turn. I'm technically neutral on that thought, but yeah, it does get annoying after a while. 

====

But yeah, still would like Lucky Egg to be available earlier on, or the ability to get more of them like we could in OR/AS off Pelippers.

Hordes also had a HA chance. The shiny bonus is nice for those that care about it, but the IV bonus is even nicer. Though I have access to a 6 IV Ditto so having some starting IVs doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things for me.

The way SOS battles could drag got REALLY annoying for some people and I can't blame them.

They took a year off between OR/AS and S/M. We get a Pokemon game almost yearly so that was a pretty big rest.

The more I've thought about it the more I feel like that is spilling over to this. Regardless of if this is a sequel or an upgraded release like 3rd versions this is going to be a great game since they are building on such a strong foundation. I wonder if that is also playing into things since I loved the story in Gen 7 and I might be afraid that it won't hold up or they'll mess something up with this.

I'm honestly not sure if we'll get more Alolan forms. They are VERY close to new Pokemon and I think they are likely too close for more to get added. Granted Mega forms are also pretty close (not as close, but still), so I could be proven wrong.

We don't need the Macho Brace. The Power items are just better so adding that will do nothing.

Horde battles weren't in because of gameplay limitations. The slow down for the 1 vs 2 was really bad at times on the older model 3DS so having 3 more Pokemon could end poorly. But if they fix that I'd obviously love to see them come back. Horde EV training is just so simple.

We didn't get much out of Gen 6 though. I mean, Gen 3 was kinda the king of side games. We definitely need more of those.

I only have one request for this game. Near the grass trial, there is a guy in a caravan saying he's going to build a huge theme park there.

I so badly hope this happens and then we have a repeat of the N Ferris Wheel ride.

I'm hoping Ultra is another time skip like BW2. SM ended with a number of plot points open for continuation and you have stuff like the Jurassic Park dude so we have a decent amount of payoff possible.

We didn't get much out of Gen 6 though. I mean, Gen 3 was kinda the king of side games. We definitely need more of those.

Gen 6 had as many main games as Gen 5 at 2 pairs each.

Hordes also had a HA chance. The shiny bonus is nice for those that care about it, but the IV bonus is even nicer. Though I have access to a 6 IV Ditto so having some starting IVs doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things for me.

The way SOS battles could drag got REALLY annoying for some people and I can't blame them.

Probably forgot about the Hordes giving HAs too, as I usually hit "spread move here" and didn't think about it much, unless there was a Shiny. I know PokeNav gave HA stuff and some items.

Thinking it'll be a timeskip too; wormholes are probably still open after Lusamine went crazy (so more UBs are possible), aforementioned probably recovered by now (and Lillie might return too), Alola has time to establish a more appropriate Pokemon League (wonder if we're still the first champion, or they got someone else to take our places when we get there?) Might be interesting to see in the remake if Nihilego becomes the main antagonist during the storyline (considering the whole thing with it near the end), but...

(Player character doesn't appear any older than how they are now, so...)

====

I didn't comment about Solgaleo/Lunala being fused with Necrozma earlier, but wonder how that'll end up. Thinking somewhat similar to what happened to Kyurem in B2W2 (inversed), but we'll have to wait for more info.

Probably will be more events to get some of the Z-crystals that were event-only for US/UM. 

Probably forgot about the Hordes giving HAs too, as I usually hit "spread move here" and didn't think about it much, unless there was a Shiny. I know PokeNav gave HA stuff and some items.

Thinking it'll be a timeskip too; wormholes are probably still open after Lusamine went crazy (so more UBs are possible), aforementioned probably recovered by now (and Lillie might return too), Alola has time to establish a more appropriate Pokemon League (wonder if we're still the first champion, or they got someone else to take our places when we get there?) Might be interesting to see in the remake if Nihilego becomes the main antagonist during the storyline (considering the whole thing with it near the end), but...

(Player character doesn't appear any older than how they are now, so...)

====

I didn't comment about Solgaleo/Lunala being fused with Necrozma earlier, but wonder how that'll end up. Thinking somewhat similar to what happened to Kyurem in B2W2 (inversed), but we'll have to wait for more info.

Probably will be more events to get some of the Z-crystals that were event-only for US/UM.

Hordes and Friend Safari were the ways to get HAs in XY. ORAS added the DexNav (IMO it is the best feature in Gen 6 since you get HAs, Egg Moves, and up to 3 perfect IVs). Gen 7 added SOS battles and made the VC Pokemon always have their HA. That also increase the value of the G/S rereleases.

Player character's have customization now so its possible it could be a different "character". Them being the same does lend to the idea that this is an upgrade version though.

Yea, I'm willing to bet we'll see more special Z-Moves.

I still have some things to take care of in Sun/Moon anyway, namely get the Shiny Charm and complete the dex on both cartridges. Also try to farm for Bottle Caps, because hell knows how much stuff I want to give perfect IVs to from Gen 5 and so forth.

Oh right, and speaking of Bottle Caps, as much as I'd like to ask for more ways to get them that don't involve Festival Plaza, that will undermine their worth to an extent. (Would be nice if Battle Tree gave them for obtaining a 30-win streak regardless if you took a break in the middle or not, as opposed to you needing to do it in a row. Or Pelago offering even the regular ones from item hunting [instead of just the Gold one].)

====

Depending on how these turn out, may buy both of them or opt to just get one and be done with it if there is no functional difference between the two (outside the stuff we already know). Thinking about playing Ultra Moon as the male character (which I always use) and Sun as the female one. We'll see.

Probably might be a different area of Alola (or least unexplored parts of it that weren't available in this version), judging from the short cutscenes. That being said, only view of Ultra Space we got was that of Nihilego's world; we still don't know if the whole of Ultra Space is like that (probably is, because of the whole UB thing).

Suspecting we'll get more time in here this time, because yeah, only time we went in there was to stop Lusamine from going insane and that's it. (Or really, we only got to take a few steps in there before being dragged into a battle)

I also think there'll probs be more emphasis on the Ultra Space in this game

EDIT: did anyone else notice the player now has a Switch in their room (as opposed to SM having a Wii U)

I did.

So you think we'll have Gym Leaders this time around, or more Grand Trials?

Maybe Mina will actually have a trial now instead of just giving the Fairium-Z out randomly on that bridge in Vast Poni Canyon (not that I minded a freebie). I think Hala and Olivia will still give out the grand trial stuff despite their new E4 status (unless they got new guys to take their place there, so...) Acerola probably will get a replacement since she's already in the league, and Nanu turned it down. 

Hopefully Tapu Koko/Bulu learn Play Rough or something this time; don't know why Gamefreak didn't. (Probably wouldn't matter for Koko since the special variant is more common and Dazzling works fine, but Bulu would've appreciated a Fairy STAB to work with its higher Attack).

Maybe Mina will actually have a trial now instead of just giving the Fairium-Z out randomly on that bridge in Vast Poni Canyon (not that I minded a freebie). I think Hala and Olivia will still give out the grand trial stuff despite their new E4 status (unless they got new guys to take their place there, so...) Acerola probably will get a replacement since she's already in the league, and Nanu turned it down. 

Hopefully Tapu Koko/Bulu learn Play Rough or something this time; don't know why Gamefreak didn't. (Probably wouldn't matter for Koko since the special variant is more common and Dazzling works fine, but Bulu would've appreciated a Fairy STAB to work with its higher Attack).

I hope Tapu Koko learns Moonblast.

And would Lusamine be the antagonist again? I say Faba should be since he's more hateable.

That probably would've been a better Fairy STAB for (Tapu) Koko, since yeah, higher base power and lowers Sp.Atk. Dazzling is a spread move; that's about it (though it's still decent for what it's worth). Or really, invert its Attack and Special Attack, and it'd get better mileage. Base 115 SpAtk would at least dent a lot more things considering its movepool is mostly Special attacks (with exceptions). 

I think Lusamine should've reformed by the time Ultra Sun/Moon arrive, if we consider that Lillie said that she was slowly coming to her senses in the credits). Faba could probably take over as the new antagonist, given his personality in S/M (he got demoted, yeah, but I don't see Wicke turning sour). IDK if Guzma will take a more central role as the main one, but we'll see. 

Yeah, I can't see Faba being a main antagonist. I just don't get that sense that he could be in real control of anything tbh. I'm fact, I don't see anyone picking up that role from the original Sun/Moon cast.

I'd really like to see Guzma replace Hala as Melemele Kahuna though.

Archived