Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

• Please log in to reply
815 replies to this topic

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,162 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:37 AM

Are they trying to rush out Generation 8? Guys, give yourselves a break to refresh your creative juices.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

Sweet Homo and Hella Gay

Sweet Homo and Hella Gay

I said YOUNG MAN

• Sage's Bond
  • 7,771 posts
    Last Visit 14 minutes ago
  • Alias:Dragon Sage
  • Spouse:CommanderVolt and ur mom

Oh my god, the titles just registered with me. We're bound for more UBs, we have to be.

Are they trying to rush out Generation 8? Guys, give yourselves a break to refresh your creative juices.

How so? I feel they could still go back to Kalos at this rate.

oversized dakimakura

2D sig

(Thanks @ Tormented)

Member card
Stand stuff thanks to Armz
Award stuff

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ There is only Jon ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,069 posts
    Last Visit 37 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

One thing I noticed from the trailer is that the Z-crystal seen is a different shape to ones we've seen and that the trainer rotated it on his Z-Ring (different colour to SM's as well, though I'm not that surprised we're seeing different colour Z-Rings as in the anime, Gladion's is red)

iVaujSV.png?1

h8eqxdd.pngafter receiving at least 1 vote in the 2018 awards

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Iron Fusion

Iron Fusion

HEART IRON

• Springtime Hero
  • 29,525 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Fusion

I think thats whats bugging me. And between MK8 Deluxe and Pokken DX Nintendo is REALLY milking stuff. But again this isn't anything new, so not sure why I'm so much colder to the idea now. Not to mention this can just be a sequel.

There's that and the fact they were released close enough to one another. I wish I had just held off on buying Pokken for the Wii U considering the amount of time I played it, I could have easily waited for DX. 

These look kinda interesting. Sun and Moon were my favorite stories so I'm down for an expansion on that. I'm hoping we get more Ultra Beasts and more Alolan forms.

I also think this means we'll never receive a 3rd version again. BW2 and USM prove they're able to make two sequels instead of one.

3bxRxYn.jpg

KuriGod

KuriGod

Oh mah KuriGawd

• Gawd

• 273 posts
    Last Visit Apr 22 2018 06:43 AM
  • Alias:KuriGod
  • Spouse:Rainbow Kuriboh (the card), Kurbohrn, Winged Kuribo and ur momh

There's that and the fact they were released close enough to one another. I wish I had just held off on buying Pokken for the Wii U considering the amount of time I played it, I could have easily waited for DX. 

I also think this means we'll never receive a 3rd version again. BW2 and USM prove they're able to make two sequels instead of one.

I feel you on the Pokken Tournament one. It was fun for a bit and then I just stopped playing.

I genuinely hope that they make a 3rd version again. Of course, I didn't grow up on Gameboys or played the original Pokemon games (except a bit of an online Pokemon Yellow) but I just feel like a 3rd game was a nice way to end the gen. Of course, Game Freak will probably find a way to mix it up again

Kirito Gifs

The Slapping of Mr ()'s Neck 2017

Posted Image
Posted Image

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,162 posts

Yeah, but still, Solgaleo and Lunala fused with Necrozma. It's like Kyurem all over again.

Wonder what they'll be called? Necroleo and Necranala?

And I hope that at the end of it all, Lusamine becomes healthy again.

Friend codes:

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 38,187 posts
    Last Visit 42 minutes ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

(RIP not getting to hear birthday song in Pokemon Center when released because I turn 23 two days BEFORE these launch)

Well, I sort of guessed that the Direct would either announce remakes / sequels for Gen 7 or probably something about Gen 4; I got the former right. Would've been nice for a third version, but if it's like B2W2; yeah. 

Lycanroc, Mimikyu and Togedemaru get better treatment, so that's cool. Lycanroc still needs move tutors to make it good, Togedemaru is still meh and Mimikyu probably will become more of a threat than it currently is. More UBs would be nice (likely will expand on them); how they'll turn out is unclear. 

Also mandatory things I hope are in here / extend on.

Long list

I'm technically replaying White 2, so a lot of the stuff in the suggestion box does come from what Gen 5 did right. 

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,756 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:29 AM

They took a year off between OR/AS and S/M. We get a Pokemon game almost yearly so that was a pretty big rest.

These look kinda interesting. Sun and Moon were my favorite stories so I'm down for an expansion on that. I'm hoping we get more Ultra Beasts and more Alolan forms.

The more I've thought about it the more I feel like that is spilling over to this. Regardless of if this is a sequel or an upgraded release like 3rd versions this is going to be a great game since they are building on such a strong foundation. I wonder if that is also playing into things since I loved the story in Gen 7 and I might be afraid that it won't hold up or they'll mess something up with this.

2. Alolan forms of non-Kanto 'mons

Think this will get covered, but we'll see. 

9. Lucky Egg and Macho Brace

Gamefreak, why weren't these two in S/M; or least the former until after you become Champion? So basically, at least give us the option of getting more Lucky Eggs instead of having to rely on just 1 (without trading) and adding Macho Brace would be nice too. 

(On a sidenote, I think a lot of people would like Horde battles back because they're much less irritating than SOS, but don't count on it returning.)

I'm honestly not sure if we'll get more Alolan forms. They are VERY close to new Pokemon and I think they are likely too close for more to get added. Granted Mega forms are also pretty close (not as close, but still), so I could be proven wrong.

We don't need the Macho Brace. The Power items are just better so adding that will do nothing.

Horde battles weren't in because of gameplay limitations. The slow down for the 1 vs 2 was really bad at times on the older model 3DS so having 3 more Pokemon could end poorly. But if they fix that I'd obviously love to see them come back. Horde EV training is just so simple.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Venipede, HA Ducklett, HA Emolga and/or HA Amaura in Gen 6? I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 38,187 posts

I liked Horde training because EV training got done faster, and not have to worry about another Pokemon coming in. Whatever came up initially is what we're dealing with; no one else is coming. Granted, SOS battles do yield perfect IV mons / HAs (and shiny chance if you have enough patience/time), so that's a good thing.

Also have seen people complain about Pokemon damaging your 'mon and then calling for help; one thing they'd like is for calling a 'mon to take up a turn. I'm technically neutral on that thought, but yeah, it does get annoying after a while. 

====

But yeah, still would like Lucky Egg to be available earlier on, or the ability to get more of them like we could in OR/AS off Pelippers. 

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,756 posts

I liked Horde training because EV training got done faster, and not have to worry about another Pokemon coming in. Whatever came up initially is what we're dealing with; no one else is coming. Granted, SOS battles do yield perfect IV mons / HAs (and shiny chance if you have enough patience/time), so that's a good thing.

Also have seen people complain about Pokemon damaging your 'mon and then calling for help; one thing they'd like is for calling a 'mon to take up a turn. I'm technically neutral on that thought, but yeah, it does get annoying after a while. 

====
But yeah, still would like Lucky Egg to be available earlier on, or the ability to get more of them like we could in OR/AS off Pelippers.

Hordes also had a HA chance. The shiny bonus is nice for those that care about it, but the IV bonus is even nicer. Though I have access to a 6 IV Ditto so having some starting IVs doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things for me.

The way SOS battles could drag got REALLY annoying for some people and I can't blame them.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Venipede, HA Ducklett, HA Emolga and/or HA Amaura in Gen 6? I'd be your best friend forever.

【 M U D D Y 】

【 M U D D Y 】

King of the Swaaaaamp

• Elite Members
  • 1,308 posts
    Last Visit May 22 2018 11:21 PM
  • Alias:JamesMuddy

I only have one request for this game. Near the grass trial, there is a guy in a caravan saying he's going to build a huge theme park there.

I so badly hope this happens and then we have a repeat of the N Ferris Wheel ride.

Posted Image

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,162 posts

They took a year off between OR/AS and S/M. We get a Pokemon game almost yearly so that was a pretty big rest.

The more I've thought about it the more I feel like that is spilling over to this. Regardless of if this is a sequel or an upgraded release like 3rd versions this is going to be a great game since they are building on such a strong foundation. I wonder if that is also playing into things since I loved the story in Gen 7 and I might be afraid that it won't hold up or they'll mess something up with this.

I'm honestly not sure if we'll get more Alolan forms. They are VERY close to new Pokemon and I think they are likely too close for more to get added. Granted Mega forms are also pretty close (not as close, but still), so I could be proven wrong.

We don't need the Macho Brace. The Power items are just better so adding that will do nothing.

Horde battles weren't in because of gameplay limitations. The slow down for the 1 vs 2 was really bad at times on the older model 3DS so having 3 more Pokemon could end poorly. But if they fix that I'd obviously love to see them come back. Horde EV training is just so simple.

We didn't get much out of Gen 6 though. I mean, Gen 3 was kinda the king of side games. We definitely need more of those.

Friend codes:

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,756 posts

I only have one request for this game. Near the grass trial, there is a guy in a caravan saying he's going to build a huge theme park there.
I so badly hope this happens and then we have a repeat of the N Ferris Wheel ride.

I'm hoping Ultra is another time skip like BW2. SM ended with a number of plot points open for continuation and you have stuff like the Jurassic Park dude so we have a decent amount of payoff possible.

We didn't get much out of Gen 6 though. I mean, Gen 3 was kinda the king of side games. We definitely need more of those.

Gen 6 had as many main games as Gen 5 at 2 pairs each.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 38,187 posts

Hordes also had a HA chance. The shiny bonus is nice for those that care about it, but the IV bonus is even nicer. Though I have access to a 6 IV Ditto so having some starting IVs doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things for me.

The way SOS battles could drag got REALLY annoying for some people and I can't blame them.

Probably forgot about the Hordes giving HAs too, as I usually hit "spread move here" and didn't think about it much, unless there was a Shiny. I know PokeNav gave HA stuff and some items.

Thinking it'll be a timeskip too; wormholes are probably still open after Lusamine went crazy (so more UBs are possible), aforementioned probably recovered by now (and Lillie might return too), Alola has time to establish a more appropriate Pokemon League (wonder if we're still the first champion, or they got someone else to take our places when we get there?) Might be interesting to see in the remake if Nihilego becomes the main antagonist during the storyline (considering the whole thing with it near the end), but...

(Player character doesn't appear any older than how they are now, so...)

====

I didn't comment about Solgaleo/Lunala being fused with Necrozma earlier, but wonder how that'll end up. Thinking somewhat similar to what happened to Kyurem in B2W2 (inversed), but we'll have to wait for more info.

Probably will be more events to get some of the Z-crystals that were event-only for US/UM. 

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,756 posts

Probably forgot about the Hordes giving HAs too, as I usually hit "spread move here" and didn't think about it much, unless there was a Shiny. I know PokeNav gave HA stuff and some items.

Thinking it'll be a timeskip too; wormholes are probably still open after Lusamine went crazy (so more UBs are possible), aforementioned probably recovered by now (and Lillie might return too), Alola has time to establish a more appropriate Pokemon League (wonder if we're still the first champion, or they got someone else to take our places when we get there?) Might be interesting to see in the remake if Nihilego becomes the main antagonist during the storyline (considering the whole thing with it near the end), but...

(Player character doesn't appear any older than how they are now, so...)

====
I didn't comment about Solgaleo/Lunala being fused with Necrozma earlier, but wonder how that'll end up. Thinking somewhat similar to what happened to Kyurem in B2W2 (inversed), but we'll have to wait for more info.

Probably will be more events to get some of the Z-crystals that were event-only for US/UM.

Hordes and Friend Safari were the ways to get HAs in XY. ORAS added the DexNav (IMO it is the best feature in Gen 6 since you get HAs, Egg Moves, and up to 3 perfect IVs). Gen 7 added SOS battles and made the VC Pokemon always have their HA. That also increase the value of the G/S rereleases.

Player character's have customization now so its possible it could be a different "character". Them being the same does lend to the idea that this is an upgrade version though.

Yea, I'm willing to bet we'll see more special Z-Moves.

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Moderators
  • 10,848 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:54 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

With how many "In progress" things SM had I am not really surprised at the sequel thing.

Though damn this timing I still need to play through Moon as a non-locke lol.

8PBUpdp.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 38,187 posts

I still have some things to take care of in Sun/Moon anyway, namely get the Shiny Charm and complete the dex on both cartridges. Also try to farm for Bottle Caps, because hell knows how much stuff I want to give perfect IVs to from Gen 5 and so forth.

Oh right, and speaking of Bottle Caps, as much as I'd like to ask for more ways to get them that don't involve Festival Plaza, that will undermine their worth to an extent. (Would be nice if Battle Tree gave them for obtaining a 30-win streak regardless if you took a break in the middle or not, as opposed to you needing to do it in a row. Or Pelago offering even the regular ones from item hunting [instead of just the Gold one].)

====

Depending on how these turn out, may buy both of them or opt to just get one and be done with it if there is no functional difference between the two (outside the stuff we already know). Thinking about playing Ultra Moon as the male character (which I always use) and Sun as the female one. We'll see.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • 12,162 posts

Hmmm... I've been thinking. Maybe these games take place in Ultra Space, a dimension similar yet different to our own.

Friend codes:

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 38,187 posts

Probably might be a different area of Alola (or least unexplored parts of it that weren't available in this version), judging from the short cutscenes. That being said, only view of Ultra Space we got was that of Nihilego's world; we still don't know if the whole of Ultra Space is like that (probably is, because of the whole UB thing).

Suspecting we'll get more time in here this time, because yeah, only time we went in there was to stop Lusamine from going insane and that's it. (Or really, we only got to take a few steps in there before being dragged into a battle)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Shradow

Shradow

The Commish

• Legendary Members
  • 20,289 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Alias:Shradow

I just want more Lillie and Gladion.

jLpBUMz.gif

3DS FC: 0748-6486-2145

NNID: Shradow

PSN: Ragaror