Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like previous generations, kids on there (the GTS) are unreasonable / trollish* as sheet, in the sense that they want either legendaries or some other stuff for common things. Like, I want to find a version exclusive 'mon that shouldn't be difficult to catch, but kid wants a one-of 'mon like a legendary for it.  

Not sure if you can trade Mythicals, since they usually have a ribbon that bars them from trading over the GTS.

* I say this because a lot of them are, but there is a chance that a couple of them are probably self-trading with selves and do not wish to be sniped if they trade common stuff (because it does happen); that much is understandable.

====

Would be nice if the legendaries were Shiny [well, everything except Zygarde because that's guaranteed], but not much that can be done. Same with if it had our OT on them instead of the event thing, so we could give them nicknames (I usually give them one so I can separate mine from other ones I get elsewhere). 

However, it's not really a big deal.

I should've went Gamestop this afternoon, but oh well. Maybe next week when not as crowded.

You can trade them if you use F8 right to create a ribbon

And you can trade them over GTS in ORAS for sure 

Sad, cause I really wanted an Arceus, I guess I have to buy UM now

Steal other Trainer's Pokémon without Gameshark

Use this in a Trainer battle to enable the ability to catch the enemy Pokémon and escape from battle. You can also use it to disable wild battles, but you can't use it to turn a Trainer into a Pokémon.

Requirements:

Item 3 = Lemonade x 1
Item 4 = TM34 x 87
Item 5 = TM08 x 201

This one is my favorite 

Arceus isn't available in the giveaways; only the other version legendaries that aren't available in the one you're playing. 

Yeah, I mean in ORAS GTS, there are a lot of people willing to trade a mew for an arceus

I was wondering if they'd do that in UM/US

Getting a mew in Red isn't easy...it takes about 9 hours to do

The Battle Tree can genuinely go suck my funking dick I swear to GOD! For round 24 I face Gentleman Henry, who I've faced many times. He sends out Confagrigus first against my Ferrothorn. Now, in all the other times I have fought him (which is about 10 now), said Confagrigus will start with Mean Look to lock down my Ferrothorn so he can Will-o-Wisp it, then use Night Shade and stall with Rest. To avoid this I swapped to my Feraligatr who can set up with DDance and OHKO with a Crunch..., and the funking jabroni uses Nasty Plot and proceeds to OHKO Jojo with Energy Ball next turn... because that funking jabroni Henry has TWO different funking Confagrigus. His stall one, and his Nasty Plot one, the latter being something I could not have possibly funking known about until I checked his available pool on Serebii. I know the Tree has its quirks, but it's funking bullshit that normal AI are allowed to run multiple sets of the same mons when they have gigantic funking pools already.

The Battle Tree can genuinely go suck my funking dick I swear to GOD! For round 24 I face Gentleman Henry, who I've faced many times. He sends out Confagrigus first against my Ferrothorn. Now, in all the other times I have fought him (which is about 10 now), said Confagrigus will start with Mean Look to lock down my Ferrothorn so he can Will-o-Wisp it, then use Night Shade and stall with Rest. To avoid this I swapped to my Feraligatr who can set up with DDance and OHKO with a Crunch..., and the funking jabroni uses Nasty Plot and proceeds to OHKO Jojo with Energy Ball next turn... because that funking jabroni Henry has TWO different funking Confagrigus. His stall one, and his Nasty Plot one, the latter being something I could not have possibly funking known about until I checked his available pool on Serebii. I know the Tree has its quirks, but it's funking bullshit that normal AI are allowed to run multiple sets of the same mons when they have gigantic funking pools already.

Why are you using either of those in the Battle Tree? They're nice mons I guess but you'd be way better off running a combination of Tapu Lele, Mega Salamence, Greninja, or Excadrill. Leading with Greninja (protean or otherwise) normally means a OHKO if you use Life Orb, and if Greninja doesn't work then Lele has the raw power to dismantle everything that doesn't have a dark type left (assuming scarf or specs). The third team slot is either Mega Mence because it's OP or Excadrill to beat Double Team/Swagger/Substitute Washtom that fucks with every team if they get lucky.

I don't think GF had fun in mind when they made the Battle Tree, so if you're not doing it to grind for BP then I would suggest just playing PS or with your friends

Also that whole thing about "Sun and Moon is too easy :((("

Gamefreak doesn't give a sheet about Showdown's species clause apparently, or you can assume the RNG sucks for generating opponents. Probably moreso on the former. That's probably a reason why you're essentially limited to running OU-tier and higher in the Tree, if you want to even survive long enough. Hell, the SM one was already painful enough to handle and IDEK if the AI is bound by the species clause there because I didn't bother to finish it past 30 or something.

[Arcanine and stall Celesteela generally worked well though for handling the AI, so...]

Then again, not like the AIs conveniently have Sashed/Endeavor Quick Attack 'mons back to back, even in the regular mode where anything goes. At this time, I do not have Tapu Lele to say "screw off priority moves"; trying to catch one with the perfect IVs where they're supposed to be.

====

Agency legitimately sucks though. 

The fourth Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Global Mission has begun. This Global Mission's theme is to Harvest PokéBeans. The goal is to reach 30,000,000 PokéBeans by February 9th at 23:59 UTC. If the mission is a success, then participating players get 2,000 FC or 4,000 FC if they have a Global Link account tied to their game while if it's a failure players will get 1,000 FC or 2,000 FC if they have a Global Link account tied to their game.

I know I'm REALLY behind compared to you all, but I want to still post my experiences in Ultra Moon in here, and get feedback.

First off, so no one tells me any spoilers, I just finished my first Battle Royal, so that is where I am story-wise.

I love the fact that there are more pokemon available in the wild. Favorites from other regions like Noibat, Buneary, and others have joined my team, simply becuz they are now available.

When Hau first showed up with his Noibat, I was surprised, and kinda didn't want to fight it, since Noivern is my favorite pokemon of all time... Now I will have to battle one.

So far, the story is relatively the same, but with a few new cutscenes involving the Ultra Recon Team. I hope to see more of them and more changes to the story in the future.

When I got to Brooklet Hill, Lana, once again got me, becuz I was expecting to be tricked by her again. Instead, I walked right up to her, not thinking anything of it, spammed A just to get thru her dialogue, and the next thing I knew, the trial started. I hadn't even healed my pokemon yet!

Speaking of Lana's Trial, was anyone else surprised to see Araquanid as the Totem Pokemon? I was preparing for a Totem Wishiwashi, and, while it is still water and doesn't change many things, caught me off guard.

I know I'm REALLY behind compared to you all, but I want to still post my experiences in Ultra Moon in here, and get feedback.

First off, so no one tells me any spoilers, I just finished my first Battle Royal, so that is where I am story-wise.

I love the fact that there are more pokemon available in the wild. Favorites from other regions like Noibat, Buneary, and others have joined my team, simply becuz they are now available.

When Hau first showed up with his Noibat, I was surprised, and kinda didn't want to fight it, since Noivern is my favorite pokemon of all time... Now I will have to battle one.

So far, the story is relatively the same, but with a few new cutscenes involving the Ultra Recon Team. I hope to see more of them and more changes to the story in the future.

When I got to Brooklet Hill, Lana, once again got me, becuz I was expecting to be tricked by her again. Instead, I walked right up to her, not thinking anything of it, spammed A just to get thru her dialogue, and the next thing I knew, the trial started. I hadn't even healed my pokemon yet!

Speaking of Lana's Trial, was anyone else surprised to see Araquanid as the Totem Pokemon? I was preparing for a Totem Wishiwashi, and, while it is still water and doesn't change many things, caught me off guard.

Not really, since we kinda got leaked a little beforehand. Araquanid is easier to deal with though, since lower statline than Schooling Form Wishiwashi. Also because Pikachu with hat + Z-move = dead Totem.

I would advise catching a few Water 'mons if you didn't pick Popplio as starter. 

What do you currently have on team?

====

As for the next Global Mission, that shouldn't be too hard; issue is just forcing myself to use both games as I got both.

Not really, since we kinda got leaked a little beforehand. Araquanid is easier to deal with though, since lower statline than Schooling Form Wishiwashi. Also because Pikachu with hat + Z-move = dead Totem.

I would advise catching a few Water 'mons if you didn't pick Popplio as starter. 

What do you currently have on team?

====

As for the next Global Mission, that shouldn't be too hard; issue is just forcing myself to use both games as I got both.

I chose Litten as my starter, and named him Shadow. He is sooo cute!!

My team is currently made up of: 

Noibat (NoiNoi, but only becuz I can't change the name)

Buneary (Lyra)

Flaaffy (Electra)

Torracat (Shadow)

Mimikyu (From wonder trade, it has a japanese name)

Carvanha (also wonder trade and japanese name) 

Oh, and Carvanha has a Adamant nature, along with the hidden ability Speed Boost. It must be a breeding reject XD

Most likely yeah. 

If it's level 1 stuff, then it probably is breeding reject (or someone decided to be nice and give away good bred stuff). Hopefully it doesn't get released on someone's Nuzlocke (and really, it's advised that you don't, because of what lies ahead).

====

I still have to kick Hau's ass in Malie City for Ultra Moon before moving on to trials. 

Ultra Sun, yeah, I'm just doing level training to 100 now.

Yeah, when I got it, Carvanha and Mimikyu were Level 1. R they both Breeding rejects?

Anyway, no, I'm not nuzlocking it. I prefer to play the game at least once first, then, if I so desire, then I'll nuzlocke it. 

Archived