Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

If you breed the event Rockruff, any of the resulting babies will be hard-wired to have Own Tempo as an ability (and thus evolve only into Dusk Lycanroc). Well, the female one is definite; breeding male ones is unknown. I think you can pass down the male's ball too, however last couple times I've done it only resulted in the standard one. 

====

As for Icy's team, I'm not sure why you chose a Sassy nature for Espeon, considering Speed is one of its best stats. Even though you're running a support set, Calm nature would work better (as you will never use physical Espeon). Unless this is based on in-game stuff and that's just what you ended up with, then alright. 

IDK, I'd post a Showdown team I made yesterday for OU (but haven't used yet), but need to look it over a bit.

If you have any females, can I trade you something for one of the kids?

I have a shiny chancy with pretty good IVs I just hatched :(

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a Round 1 of a Draft Tournament Tomorrow. Submitted my team but this is what I decided on:

https://pokepast.es/d8b14b4c2d0d6a99

As for Icy's team, I'm not sure why you chose a Sassy nature for Espeon, considering Speed is one of its best stats. Even though you're running a support set, Calm nature would work better (as you will never use physical Espeon). Unless this is based on in-game stuff and that's just what you ended up with, then alright. 

IDK, I'd post a Showdown team I made yesterday for OU (but haven't used yet), but need to look it over a bit.

I need the Espeon to eat a Special Attacker or use its magic bounce more than anything. Its speed is almost nill as long as it outspeeds most things in the draft.

They're not really related to Ultra Sun/Moon though, but they're cool.

On game-related notes:

• Get your 2,000 / 4,000 FC from the Festival Plaza if you entered the last Global Mission.
  • Next month's distributions will be sent via Pokémon Trainer Club emails if you signed up for them. (Do it by March 1st if you want the codes)
    • So...I guess that saves you one month of not having to go to Gamestop. 
    • Right now, we don't know if this is the outlier or will also apply to the other legendaries that are not required to be on team to find others (sans probably shiny Zygarde).
      • Basically, Ho-oh/Lugia, Xerneas/Yveltal and the Eon siblings. 
      • I think this one will be the only exception, but could be proven wrong later. 

Speaking of which, I need to remember what email I used for the Trainer Club; I do have an account, but need to check email because I haven't looked at it since Alpha Sapphire.

(Honestly, I don't really want Regigigas but I'll take the Gold Bottle Caps that come with it)

They're not really related to Ultra Sun/Moon though, but they're cool.

On game-related notes:

• Get your 2,000 / 4,000 FC from the Festival Plaza if you entered the last Global Mission.
  • Next month's distributions will be sent via Pokémon Trainer Club emails if you signed up for them. (Do it by March 1st if you want the codes)

• So...I guess that saves you one month of not having to go to Gamestop. 
  • Right now, we don't know if this is the outlier or will also apply to the other legendaries that are not required to be on team to find others (sans probably shiny Zygarde).

• Basically, Ho-oh/Lugia, Xerneas/Yveltal and the Eon siblings. 
  • I think this one will be the only exception, but could be proven wrong later. 

Speaking of which, I need to remember what email I used for the Trainer Club; I do have an account, but need to check email because I haven't looked at it since Alpha Sapphire.

(Honestly, I don't really want Regigigas but I'll take the Gold Bottle Caps that come with it)

If you find somone with the lottery thing in FP. You can keep adding it on top of the old one to farm infinite bottle caps

I know about that, though I usually try not to spend my FC unless I really need to. Then again, one of the global missions will be to spend as much FC as possible, so...I guess I should look.

Honestly though, I haven't added any facilities in Ultra Sun from people; whatever I get out of the level up ones most of the time is what I have.

I know about that, though I usually try not to spend my FC unless I really need to. Then again, one of the global missions will be to spend as much FC as possible, so...I guess I should look.

Honestly though, I haven't added any facilities in Ultra Sun from people; whatever I get out of the level up ones most of the time is what I have.

Can you elaborate on the new legendary give away

I have an acct, but I don't get these newsletters

You just have to sign up for the Trainer Club by March, then they'll start sending them. I checked that my account's still there; it is. Now to make sure I actually double check that email (though it's the one I log onto for my Chromebook, so...) and make sure I checked that option to get email. I remember I turned off certain features like my physical location.

Just fought Necrozma. After finding out it had Smart Strike and Ninetails was a not go, I switched to good old Incineroar and gave him his Z crystal. I then got hit by Power Gem. Luckily the refresh "don't faint" bonus kicked in and I was able to do massive damage with the Z move. A double switch to Muk and a crit on a Crunch meant my no fainting continues.

Honestly, I wish Necrozma was a bit lower leveled. At level 60 it ties the final boss (I decided to check) which is pretty disappointing. The box legend for S/M was only level 55 if memory serves so Kukui would have been higher leveled across the board. Also I think the Fairy trial should have happened when you got on the island. The dragon trial is a cooler ending one and tonally it feels weird to still have trials after beating Necrozma.

Also, I decided to see what wild Pokemon I could fight before doing Necrozma and the first one was an Audino. I switched trained the whole team and kept trying to find more, but the game was sick of my nonsense and after a few tries was only giving me the plot wormhole.

Pok%C3%A9mon.full.1977595.jpg

Pok%C3%A9mon.full.2016234.jpg

Came across some really dope Fusion Splices

I've seen this person's work before. He has a Tumblr is you want to check it out.

http://syntheticimagination.tumblr.com/page/2

Some really sweet designs. Personal favorite is this one

tumblr_n8eqnkdds81r5u9m2o1_r2_500.png

Just fought Necrozma. After finding out it had Smart Strike and Ninetails was a not go, I switched to good old Incineroar and gave him his Z crystal. I then got hit by Power Gem. Luckily the refresh "don't faint" bonus kicked in and I was able to do massive damage with the Z move. A double switch to Muk and a crit on a Crunch meant my no fainting continues.

Honestly, I wish Necrozma was a bit lower leveled. At level 60 it ties the final boss (I decided to check) which is pretty disappointing. The box legend for S/M was only level 55 if memory serves so Kukui would have been higher leveled across the board. Also I think the Fairy trial should have happened when you got on the island. The dragon trial is a cooler ending one and tonally it feels weird to still have trials after beating Necrozma.

Also, I decided to see what wild Pokemon I could fight before doing Necrozma and the first one was an Audino. I switched trained the whole team and kept trying to find more, but the game was sick of my nonsense and after a few tries was only giving me the plot wormhole.

I've seen this person's work before. He has a Tumblr is you want to check it out.

http://syntheticimagination.tumblr.com/page/2

Some really sweet designs. Personal favorite is this one

tumblr_n8eqnkdds81r5u9m2o1_r2_500.png

I had just been grounding with the Mew I got in Red Version, so I was at lv 70, thought it Dragon Claw and Shadow Pulse and that was pretty much the match

Yeah, I didn't like that Ultra Necrozma was level 60. I was barely able to beat it with my team at level 55. Granted Tyranitar's sand stream helped, but still, then again I decided to challenge myself and not use Refresh. (After using Amie in Y, I was like "Nope, no more")

I only beat Ultra Necrozma in Ultra Moon after Z-Dark Pulse from Zoroark (well, I technically didn't have a Poison at all), then clutch surviving with Espeon to finish him off with Shadow Ball. Yeah, I was underleveled mostly (54-58; only 1 level 60 that I transferred from Ultra Sun and technically trained from mid-30s on U/M) and even bringing in 5 IVs 'mons wasn't much help. (Lack of priority moves might've been an issue too; think I had Extreme Speed in Ultra Sun.)

[Now to wonder how well Mimikyu would've done with its Z-move when properly trained if it were on team.]

Oh heck, I even wanted to catch a couple legendaries before that, but they'd still die with maximum training and at level 65 (factoring in Ultra Necrozma's power being comparable to someone in the upper-90s / 100 on average; factoring in a neutral nature). I caught some of them after Necrozma (well, all of the Lake trio, Moltres and then Latias [which I wanted to catch before Necrozma but couldn't get to]). Last one took a ton of soft resets (around 30-40) because Wish spam, KO self with Struggle and/or the IVs/nature being shitty and not where I want them.

=====
Now I just have to actually challenge the league and post-game, I can use whatever I want without worrying about level caps kicking in. At the moment, bulk of my team is level 62-63 [incineroar is level 59 because I left him in box for a lot of the legendary / wormhole runs] and I can handle up to 80.  

Part me wonders how broken it would be to use competitively breed and EV trained Pokemon for a run.

Up to maybe Ultra Necrozma, you can freely hit people without worrying too much. Once you get to U-Necrozma, it depends on what you have, but because you're limited to level 65 'mons at max (without them disobeying) and you're fighting the equivalent of a level 90-100 factoring in the aura boost, it probably wouldn't matter except that they can take / give out hits slightly better.

Uh, well it wasn't fully EV trained at that pt, but it was perfect IVs

Mew being able to just use ANY TM means you can reset PP easily, so that's neat

Fair point. And yea, PP reseting is pretty busted. They tried working around that in Gen 5 by having the PP be the amount of the move you replace, but that was likely too much work with little reward.

Yeah, I didn't like that Ultra Necrozma was level 60. I was barely able to beat it with my team at level 55. Granted Tyranitar's sand stream helped, but still, then again I decided to challenge myself and not use Refresh. (After using Amie in Y, I was like "Nope, no more")

I was using Refresh mostly for the status cure and ended up getting the EXP boost when I played through Moon. I then wanted to balance out the team and gave it to everyone. I don't think I got to the "resist 1 hit kills" but I might have and, yea, that is a super busted mechanic. It is nice to have when you are resetting whenever a Pokemon faints though.

I only beat Ultra Necrozma in Ultra Moon after Z-Dark Pulse from Zoroark (well, I technically didn't have a Poison at all), then clutch surviving with Espeon to finish him off with Shadow Ball. Yeah, I was underleveled mostly (54-58; only 1 level 60 that I transferred from Ultra Sun and technically trained from mid-30s on U/M) and even bringing in 5 IVs 'mons wasn't much help. (Lack of priority moves might've been an issue too; think I had Extreme Speed in Ultra Sun.)

[Now to wonder how well Mimikyu would've done with its Z-move when properly trained if it were on team.]

If I hadn't gotten lucky with the "holds on with 1 HP" I would have likely needed to throw Pokemon away and spam revives on Muk and Palossand (I'm assuming it would survive and attack) since they are the only Pokemon that aren't weak to one of the moves. If I needed it Nintails could set up Hail to get in the last bits of damage. I wouldn't even call you under leveled. The League maxes out at 60 and between Necrozma and them you have a trial, grand trial, and victory road. That is the other reason I think the Fairy trial should have come before Necrozma, it would have helped with levels.

Mimikyu seems VERY good in the fight. It is likely to be able to take 2 hits and has priority.

Also, I feel like none of us were using EXP Share. Outside of the beginning of the game and between getting Vikavolt and Vulpix I don't think I've really used it. I did try using it when grinding in the wormholes, but just switching around meant I'd get more EXP than with share thanks to EXP no longer being split.

I was using Refresh mostly for the status cure and ended up getting the EXP boost when I played through Moon. I then wanted to balance out the team and gave it to everyone. I don't think I got to the "resist 1 hit kills" but I might have and, yea, that is a super busted mechanic. It is nice to have when you are resetting whenever a Pokemon faints though.

I do think that Refresh is a nice thing to have, for me I figured not using it would make the game more challenging, though it might've prevented instances like wiping to Araquanid or Togedemaru ('cuz that did happen in my US run) 

I actually had the EXP Share on, but moreso because I didn't beat every trainer in the game (because I know I skipped a few people at Vast Poni, including all of the ones near the first area of Poni) or didn't grind enough. I invested in Refresh though for added EXP and the chance of my 'mons surviving hits, but...wasn't enough except for that last shot.

IDK, if Zoroark's SpAtk had been a bit higher, might've killed on the first shot with Z-move since Necrozma did use Geyser first. Can't really be bothered to use Showdown's stat calculator at the moment.

(Also yeah, I technically had to reset about 2-3 times before I could kill Ultra, so...no actual blacking out.)

Archived