Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

Yeah, I can't see Faba being a main antagonist. I just don't get that sense that he could be in real control of anything tbh. I'm fact, I don't see anyone picking up that role from the original Sun/Moon cast.

I'd really like to see Guzma replace Hala as Melemele Kahuna though.

That would depend if Tapu Koko accepts him as the new kahuna; if I remember correctly, the island kahuna are picked by the guardian deity (as shown when Hapu got chosen by Fini after her grandfather died). Same thing applies for whoever replaces Olivia if applicable. 

But yeah, out of the existing S/M cast, no one fits so will have to be a new bad guy. (Plumeria reformed too, so she's out). Could be Neo Team Skull or something, however it's just speculation.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want more Lillie and Gladion.

This is the one thing I must object to.

[spoiler=lillie best girl]Assuming the story of USUM actually is a sequel to SM then, I don't want Lillie back. I love her, she's probably the best written female character in Pokemon I've ever seen and I think Gamefreak's move to have her leave at the end of the game is genius. Instead of being an NPC you can just go talk to whenever you want and have her say the same lines or two, she's gone forever(in SM) and all you can do is remember her fondly. The emotional impact she leaves behind is strong and at the time I had to actually commend GF for having thought of that. Having her come back at all feels sorta like a waste. Even if she appears as a cameo trainer you can battle or something, I don't think it would fit her. Lillie's adventure to become a Pokemon trainer should be something left to our imaginations and only that.

Gladion though, he needed more screentime and I hope USUM'll give him that, no objections there.

This is the one thing I must object to.

[spoiler=lillie best girl]Assuming the story of USUM actually is a sequel to SM then, I don't want them Lillie back. I love her, she's probably the best written female character in Pokemon I've ever seen and I think Gamefreak's move to have her leave at the end of the game is genius. Instead of being an NPC you can just go talk to whenever you want and have her say the same lines or two, she's gone forever(in SM) and all you can do is remember her fondly. The emotional impact she leaves behind is strong and at the time I had to actually commend GF for having thought of that. Having her come back at all feels sorta like a waste. Even if appears as a cameo trainer you can battle or something, I don't think it would fit her. Lillie's adventure to become a Pokemon trainer should be something left to our imaginations and only that.

Gladion though, he needed more screentime and I hope USUM'll give him that, no objections there.

While I do want Lillie to come back, I honestly can't fault any of your reasons for wanting her to stay out of the story. Hopefully if they do bring her back they'll do just as much justice as they did in the first game.

Seriously, I've said it a ton but they knocked it out of the park with the Gen 7 story and characters.

Yeah, it sort of felt like Lillie was the MC, and a nicely done one at that. And I was super glad Gladion was a cool anti-hero and not just an edgelord Silver 2.0.

I'll give him this, Gladion's no Shadow the Hedgehog.

Also, I think Necrozma would be the final boss. Just spitballing here.

• 1 month later...

It would theoretically go in line with the phases of the day: dawn, noon, dusk and midnight, but idk if they'll add that one as a later leak. Likely not.

But I'll address ~BS~'s post in the anime thread instead of here.

Was kinda expecting more than just this, but suppose it's fine. Hopefully it at least keeps Midday's high speed in some regard. 

The first images from CoroCoro has been released, showcasing the magazine's segment on Lycanroc Dusk Form. In it, it doesn't show much but does show that the new form gets both Accelrock and Counter, moves heavily associated with the other two forms as well as the ability Tough Claws. It also states that there will be a gift of Rockruff being given from November 17th 2017.

corocoro9172.jpg

The first images from CoroCoro has been released, showcasing the magazine's segment on Lycanroc Dusk Form. In it, it doesn't show much but does show that the new form gets both Accelrock and Counter, moves heavily associated with the other two forms as well as the ability Tough Claws. It also states that there will be a gift of Rockruff being given from November 17th 2017.

corocoro9172.jpg

My guess, since it's dusk, Rockruff must level up around sunset, between 6 and 8 pm in order to evolve.

At least Dusk form gets a good ability that isn't situational, so that helps it a lot. Not saying that Sand Rush / Vital Spirit are bad on the other forms, but former is dependent on weather (but it does well in sand) and latter just blocks Spore or whatever sleep moves that exist.

We have to see how Dusk form is obtained; it's either that, or have both existing forms in team. Either way,

More info from Serebii

"Following yesterday's leak of CoroCoro, a clearer image has now come showcasing the details of the distribution of a Rockruff, which they're listing as a "Special Rockruff" that can evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc. The distribution will run on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon from November 17th 2017 through to January 10th 2018"

Looks like the Dusk form is event only. Makes sense since this is another special Ash Pokemon. This and it getting both special moves suggests we won't have a 4th form.

Really wish this wasn't another Ash Greninja, but what can you do.

Yeah, would be nice if it weren't event-only.

(Pretty sure some users on Serebii/Bulbapedia, elsewhere have mixed feelings about that, as I have seen complaints about Dusk form on those places.)

====

Just hope they fix the regular Lycanroc in US/UM because their movepools are lacking in certain coverage moves.

====

There's also some gameplay/aesthetic stuff that hopefully gets addressed, but I'll make a list later (some of it pertains to issues S/M had in gameplay, and others refer to how Alola is portrayed with respect to this state).

If it's like B2W2, then yeah, should have some move tutors. 

Anyway, the list of stuff that hopefully gets addressed.

[spoiler=Stuff]

1. More trainers to fight against on a daily basis, and make them stronger.

I think I said this a few times in the S/M thread, but to be fair, the postgame kinda sucks in this regard. Battle Buffet is crap; level 55, single Poke and only once per day. (Yes, you can technically break it by leaving after 9 turns, but it's tedious.)

Elite 4 and Morimoto are too underleveled for the postgame; level 62-65 would be okay PRE-game, but after becoming Champion, yeah. I honestly think they should've been in the mid-70s, similar to Gen 5. The reduced EXP formula is still sheet, but at level 70, they're at least going to provide a good source of grinding EXP. (And no, having Sturdy doesn't cut it.)

I did see some players elsewhere saying "but I don't want to be challenged when I'm fighting the E4". Uh...if you're not getting pushed, then how can you improve without boring yourself? Also, that's the point; the E4 is supposed to push you.

=====

Will also do with a battle facility similar to the White Treehollow / Black Tower. This is what I hoped the Battle Tree would've been, but yeah.

2. Developing Alola to better reflect what Hawai'i actually is outside of the tourism image.

This is likely personal stuff because I live in the state that Alola is based on (and being more critical about it than others; well, except maybe Icy but have him come in here about this), but as it stands, it's bordering on the lines of the tourist image that Hawai'i is known for, and less of what actually goes on outside Waikīkī. There are some references to what actually goes on here, yes, and that's a good thing. 

Representing the people who live here

By now, you realized that a lot of the guys in Hau'oli City use the word "howzit" when you talk to them. While people do use for greeting, it's not as much as the game likes to make it out to be; there are other greetings that get used (including some other stuff with Pan-Pacific origins). Or can I just mention that if Gamefreak wanted to include pidgin English / partial Hawaiian in their NPC's quotes, they need to go much farther than that (but not use da kine that only older generations know). See what I did there (albeit that's still not a full-on thing)?

Hau's at least trying, but not really enough. (I probably shouldn't be expecting him to be as much of a local boy as some of the kids I grew up with). 

(And yeah, more darker-skinned NPCs/characters would work to reflect this. Hawai'i has a mixed blend; most are Asians and multiple ethnicity (part Hawaiian), but yes there are whites / African Americans among other races here too. Just for the record, Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders are NOT black. Hopefully Moana at least made that clear, unless people still want to joke about that.)

Island topography

For the most part, S/M did okay in showing the major islands: Oʻahu, Maui, Big Island / Hawaiʻi Island, Kauaʻi. Aether Paradise is somewhat like Lānaʻi in terms of placement. Maybe for the next one, they can expand to the other islands (bar Niʻihau due to the people there wishing to retain their native culture; though Exeggutor Island kinda does that, so...)

That leaves Molokaʻi and Kahoʻolawe; latter could be used as a Tapu thing since nowadays, it is used for cultural practices (despite it being bombed by the US military from the '50s to '70s). I don't know; maybe they could've put the legendary altar over there in S/M instead of where it is now. Not sure about the former, as it does mainly the same thing as Maui for the most part in terms of profitable stuff (and I don't think Gamefreak wishes to expand on part of it being a leper colony in the 19th century). 

I mean, they could have an arc of Team Skull messing up the equivalent of Kahoʻolawe (or actually messing up the trial sites). Or have the UBs do that; idk.

3. Ultra Beast expansion / Gen 2+ Alola forms

I think this is probably something that WILL be here (given name), but yeah, hopefully they do add more to the mix. (Though, if the original 7 were supposed to be the Sins, then what are UB-06 and beyond going to be themed on, if any? I don't think they'll add more stuff to the dex after Marshadow, but what do I know.)

Also hopes for Alola forms of Johto 'mons and further.

4. Better clothing

Yeah, still iffy on the male choices; even though we do get the option to remove the hat now (not that it bothered me in previous generations).

I would say to add aloha shirts or something as a choice (because seriously, no one even wears polo shirt in this state unless you're going to business interviews or working). They are kinda on the semi-expensive end, so...Gracidea Boutique would be fine for them, given that. Also...why are rubber slippers / flip-flops not an option for footwear yet? On that note, swim clothes would've been fine (or even option for males to go topless; not like you don't see guys like this at actual beaches, and down here is no exception [bar public transport]). 

tl;dr:

• Add aloha shirts as shirt option (albeit for the expensive boutique)
  • Rubber slippers need to be added as footwear (or even sandals for males); can be left in the cheaper stores since they are relatively inexpensive.
  • Swim clothes / option to go topless (or just wear bikini for females). Probably assuming Gamefreak left the latter off to make it kid-friendly and not offend ultra-conservatives.

5. Make Lucky Eggs obtainable earlier on / ability to farm items

Yeah, I still don't know why they chose to delay it until you were the Champion, and having only one sucks considering the trainers in S/M sucked.

6. Fix GTS

Can they just fix it so you cannot ask for Pokes that cannot be legally encountered/obtained below a certain Level or have particular genders. Because yeah, I've seen a lot of guys being bastards on there.

Would also be nice to permit custom messages again.

=====

So short-hand for the whole list:

1. Make the NPCs more of a challenge / add more of them (or places to fight them daily). I'd be okay with Trainer Eyes too. 
  2. Alola being more reflective of Hawai'i
  3. New UBs / non-Kanto Alola 'mons
  4. Clothing options. 
  5. Lucky Egg
  6. Fix GTS so people cannot be jackasses.

1, 3 and 5 are more on game mechanics and stuff; 2 and 4 are either partial personal opinions or stuff pertaining to clothing in-game. No, Hawai'i isn't France, but we have better clothing than just tank top, T-shirts and so on. 6 deals with obvious stuff.

(I'll let off on the syllabrary this time, since there are character restrictions that can't be addressed and for the most part, English doesn't have it. I have to stress this due to how Hawaiian works [and lack/addition of diacritics will mean something totally different in written language]. Before anyone complains about this, yes, go look at a Hawaiian dictionary to see what I mean.)

Let's see what the new trailers show, because whatever gets shown will determine if I buy one version, both or abstain from buying (though I'll probably get it for more box space as I continue to import stuff / do breeding projects). 

Following Tuesday leak of CoroCoro, a clearer image has now come showcasing the full details of Lycanroc Dusk Form. It is confirmed to be a pure Rock-type and be 2'07/0.8m tall and weigh 55.1lbs/25kg. It also confirms once and for all that Dusk Form cannot be obtained during normal gameplay and only through the Special Rockruff distribution. Finally, it also states the confirmation that when it attacks, its eyes turn red akin to Lycanroc's Midnight Form as it unleashes its fighting spirit.

Well, people literally said it's just a recolored Lycanroc-Midday, so probably no surprise it has the same specs. Let's assume that it at least keeps Midday's base 112 speed and maybe gains Midnight's boosted defenses. IIRC it has Tough Claws as an ability, so that much is good.

(Can't expect some users to be happy about this, but nothing we can do. Let's expect it to have Ash's trainer ID and stuff, as I don't think it'll be given to us as a gift where we can choose the name ourselves.)

Archived