Icy

Icy

Ancient Lead Custom Cards Moderator

• Legendary Members
  • 18,499 posts
    Last Visit 32 minutes ago
  • Discord:Ask for it, its weird
  • Spouse:Krow

Smogon honestly needs to unban MR at this pt.

Why?

[Please don't swear in my status' or threads, and if you must. Censor it. Thank you.]

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch
  • 12,582 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:25 PM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

Why?

Same reason I think banning things in YGO isn't a good idea. Outside of very rare cases where you can basically win 100% of the time, banning cards just promotes laziness. It lets you build decks and teams easier, and it's a slippery slope

What do you think they're gonna do to primal creation trio post Sinnoh remakes?

MR isn't unbeatable, not if you are willing to team build properly, and it's not oppressive enough IMO to be an exception 

h9HnKYe.gifLmjKZ7T.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Icy

Icy

• Legendary Members
  • 18,499 posts
It certainly appeared to be exactly that in Gen6. Haven't tested against it in Gen7. Also dedicating two mons or more to beat a Pokemon is a valid reason to ban a Pokemon to me.

[Please don't swear in my status' or threads, and if you must. Censor it. Thank you.]

I s a a c

I s a a c

Crybaby

• Oblique Memory
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
    Last Visit 17 minutes ago
  • Spouse:Spindad and AEZ

Same reason I think banning things in YGO isn't a good idea. Outside of very rare cases where you can basically win 100% of the time, banning cards just promotes laziness. It lets you build decks and teams easier, and it's a slippery slope

What do you think they're gonna do to primal creation trio post Sinnoh remakes?

MR isn't unbeatable, not if you are willing to team build properly, and it's not oppressive enough IMO to be an exception

An important aspect of suspects & bans involves the way in which Pokémon is effectively an uncompetitive game inherently. Since you always have bad matchups from time to time, you need a large sample size to be good. If the quantity of teams you run into have a specific Pokémon, then you eventually adapt to beat it.

No Pokémon is unbeatable, but some of them do so much that they are mandatory on most teams because to not use them just sets you back.

For example, in Balanced Hackmons, Primal Groudon was extremely powerful because it outclassed all fire types, has amazing all-around stats, great typing, and can run many different abilities that act simultaneously as lures and optimal sets. Because Primal Groudon was only bearable by a couple of things, and those things drastically varied, it essentially put so much pressure on team building that the ladder became even more of a slot machine than usual.

I predict that, with its gargantuan attacking stats and good movepool and speed tier, mega Rayquaza was deemed too much for the meta (in Ubers, I presume). Just because something has checks or counters doesn’t always mean it’s not overcentralizing or better than a bunch of other options.

If Smogon decides to unban Mega Rayquaza to Ubers again then they have their reasons. It could happen eventually. I would also not describe banning certain things as a slippery slope, since that would imply many more things banned than what have been so far. “Slippery slope” would be more like banning late-game cleaners because they have no checks once a team is dismantled.

If your favorite Pokémon is Mega Rayquaza then just play BH or AG which are fun anyway
  • Icy likes this

SnatchSteal.gif

3DS Friend Code: 3540-2584-8783

Mr Spaz

Mr Spaz

"Let the music play!"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:25 PM
  • Spouse:Mr Spaz

With Delta Stream, Mega Ray receives ample opportunity to set up at least 1 Dragon Dance, after which it outspeeds a majority of the tier and 2HKOs literally everything save for a few obscure checks, such as Counter Skarmory or Shuca Berry Rhyperior. 

Most Ubers teams – especially those high in the ladder – were focused on getting Out Mega Ray and getting rid of the opponent's. In other words, pre Mega Ray ban ORAS Ubers was Run a dedicated Mega Ray check or lose to Mega Ray. Sounds pretty centralizing to me. 

Also, it's arguably stronger than in Gen 6 due to change in turn order after Mega Evolution, allowing it to immediately make use of its base 115 Speed.

• Icy likes this
95% of people would cry if Justin Bieber jumped off a cliff. Copy this into your signature if you are part of the 5% who would be watching a recorded video of it over and over and find far more entertaining than his girly screaming voice.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how the hell you did it.
[email protected] -> Mr Spaz -> some variant of Mr Spaz -> another variant of Mr Spaz -> Mr Spaz -> A third variant of Mr Spaz -> Mr Spaz

The stuff of nightmares

Mr Spaz's Ultra Sun Nuzlocke (Why am I doing this?!?!?)

Posted Image

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch
  • 12,582 posts

With Delta Stream, Mega Ray receives ample opportunity to set up at least 1 Dragon Dance, after which it outspeeds a majority of the tier and 2HKOs literally everything save for a few obscure checks, such as Counter Skarmory or Shuca Berry Rhyperior. 

Most Ubers teams – especially those high in the ladder – were focused on getting Out Mega Ray and getting rid of the opponent's. In other words, pre Mega Ray ban ORAS Ubers was Run a dedicated Mega Ray check or lose to Mega Ray. Sounds pretty centralizing to me. 

Also, it's arguably stronger than in Gen 6 due to change in turn order after Mega Evolution, allowing it to immediately make use of its base 115 Speed.

And now you have to run PDon or a good PDon counter

DS only nixes moves that are super effective against flying types, if you have a dedicated Dragon Killer, which you should, you can take it ou

Now, I was under the impression you need to hold the Meteorite, which would further weaken Mega Ray. Hopefully they'll bring the Jade orb back and make it need to hold that, but I don't think its that silly SM. Run a fast Dragon if you're so worried about it or scarf a Xeneras or Fairy Arceus 

That's what I do in AG

bngoeJd.gif

The gamer's holy word

The gamer's holy word

☪☪luna☪☪

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
    Last Visit Feb 23 2018 04:35 PM
  • Alias:destinyexodia
  • Spouse:Amber

I'd REALLY love for them to bring back the Pokémon World Tournament.

The best way to level grind in XY was in Terminus Cave. Durant hordes give over 4000 EXP with Lucky eggs. You get even more if you are keeping Pokemon from evolving.

the PWT?! hell yeah they need to bring it back! that was the best thing to ever come to pokemon. face all the gym leaders and champions that ever existed?  so much fun.

The gamer's holy word (destinyexodia's) current level: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image 【B E ∆ R Y N I C E】

3DS friend code: 0104 - 5204 - 7888. be sure to PM me w/ your friend code when u add me.

Posted Image

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch
  • 12,582 posts

This pokemon global link is such trash, it just does not work

Fucking infuriating 

bngoeJd.gif

Broke. N

Broke. N

Feel like playing a... game?

• Moderators
  • 16,952 posts
    Last Visit Today, 08:36 AM

Really? I've gotten my free Master Ball just fine.

Your ad here.

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch
  • 12,582 posts

Really? I've gotten my free Master Ball just fine.

I've been trying for like 2 weeks, no luck

I haven't even used my first Masterball, so it's fine, but it still sucks

Did anyone do the Dusk Lycan event and if so, could you trade me a egg from breading it :(

bngoeJd.gif

The gamer's holy word

The gamer's holy word

☪☪luna☪☪

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
    Last Visit Feb 23 2018 04:35 PM
  • Alias:destinyexodia
  • Spouse:Amber

I've been trying for like 2 weeks, no luck

I haven't even used my first Masterball, so it's fine, but it still sucks

Did anyone do the Dusk Lycan event and if so, could you trade me a egg from breading it :(

people ask big time to trade the dusk lyncanroc (spelling?)

The gamer's holy word (destinyexodia's) current level: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image 【B E ∆ R Y N I C E】

3DS friend code: 0104 - 5204 - 7888. be sure to PM me w/ your friend code when u add me.

Posted Image

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators

• 37,366 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Alias:Sakura
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Well, either they didn't buy the game before Jan 10th, didn't log onto the net before then or something happened. Anything's possible.

If you want one, Winter (or anyone), I have a couple of Rockruff with Fire Fang (because Ultra Sun), though a lot of them are technically breeding rejects due to lack of Destiny Knot at the time to pass the good IVs and stuff. Should be Jolly nature already, so that saves you some time. 

(Can't do it right now though because I have my Ultra Moon cartridge and not in area where I can log onto internet for 3DS [i.e. college])

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Icy

Icy

• Legendary Members
  • 18,499 posts

Got a Round 1 of a Draft Tournament Tomorrow. Submitted my team but this is what I decided on:

https://pokepast.es/d8b14b4c2d0d6a99

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch
  • 12,582 posts

people ask big time to trade the dusk lyncanroc (spelling?)

Well any offsprings it has will most likely also have trait that makes it special 

bngoeJd.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators

• 37,366 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Alias:Sakura
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Well any offsprings it has will most likely also have trait that makes it special 

If you breed the event Rockruff, any of the resulting babies will be hard-wired to have Own Tempo as an ability (and thus evolve only into Dusk Lycanroc). Well, the female one is definite; breeding male ones is unknown. I think you can pass down the male's ball too, however last couple times I've done it only resulted in the standard one. 

====

As for Icy's team, I'm not sure why you chose a Sassy nature for Espeon, considering Speed is one of its best stats. Even though you're running a support set, Calm nature would work better (as you will never use physical Espeon). Unless this is based on in-game stuff and that's just what you ended up with, then alright. 

IDK, I'd post a Showdown team I made yesterday for OU (but haven't used yet), but need to look it over a bit.

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch
  • 12,582 posts

If you breed the event Rockruff, any of the resulting babies will be hard-wired to have Own Tempo as an ability (and thus evolve only into Dusk Lycanroc). Well, the female one is definite; breeding male ones is unknown. I think you can pass down the male's ball too, however last couple times I've done it only resulted in the standard one. 

====

As for Icy's team, I'm not sure why you chose a Sassy nature for Espeon, considering Speed is one of its best stats. Even though you're running a support set, Calm nature would work better (as you will never use physical Espeon). Unless this is based on in-game stuff and that's just what you ended up with, then alright. 

IDK, I'd post a Showdown team I made yesterday for OU (but haven't used yet), but need to look it over a bit.

If you have any females, can I trade you something for one of the kids?

I have a shiny chancy with pretty good IVs I just hatched :(

bngoeJd.gif

Icy

Icy

• Legendary Members
  • 18,499 posts

Got a Round 1 of a Draft Tournament Tomorrow. Submitted my team but this is what I decided on:

https://pokepast.es/d8b14b4c2d0d6a99

I need the Espeon to eat a Special Attacker or use its magic bounce more than anything. Its speed is almost nill as long as it outspeeds most things in the draft.

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch
  • 12,582 posts

NVM I got one off GTS

bngoeJd.gif

Darkrai

Darkrai

• Night's Watch
  • 12,582 posts

Man Japan gets a ton of events, a guy traded me his Vincinti for a shiny Mewtwo and he had another one too

Banked it, and it's in a cherish ball, legit

bngoeJd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users