Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me is expecting dusk form to have 97 speed (middle ground between the other two forms).

I'm not surprised it's event only tbph.

I am.

On another note, my guess, this particular Rockruff must level up between 6 and 8 pm, in order to evolve to dusk form.

It's like:

Porky: All I have to do to get a million dollars is get a black eye (giggles)

Daffy: PROVIDED that the accident occurs as a result of a stampede of wild elephants in your own home, BETWEEN 3:55 and 4 pm, ON the fourth of July, DURING a hail storm! (Evil laugh)

All we can do is just wait for Gamefreak or Corocoro to confirm that, or some other method of evolution. Most we can do is just guess on that, or what its stats might be.

(I do hope it takes on the Midday form speed, since anything below the base 100-110 tier is going to get beaten fairly quickly, especially taking into account Lycanroc's frailty as-is; Haxorus gets away with it due to lower weaknesses [relatively] and otherwise better stats/movepool.)

====

But another side note for everyone, make sure you guys don't just blankly c/p older posts (w/out adding new content) when replying to other users; thanks.

Well we'll find out how fast it'll be when the games come out. I just wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with 97 speed that's all.

Yea, it would make sense to have 97 assuming it averages between the two. However assuming it ends up like Ash Greninja I could see it being an upgrade on the normal two.

Probably increased stats to everything bar HP (IDK, maybe keeping Midday's speed tier or boosting it while gaining Midnight's minor HP/defensive buffs and Attack/Speed boost). That would be cool. 

Though, it is a standard evolution and not in-battle like Ash-Greninja is, so...maybe not as dramatic a boost (that one had +110) but still sizable to differentiate itself / make it worthy of being special.

====

Hopefully we get more data on the actual plot of US/UM soon (and other in-game stuff that should be known), though probably have to wait until September or something. 

Though, it is a standard evolution and not in-battle like Ash-Greninja is, so...maybe not as dramatic a boost (that one had +110) but still sizable to differentiate itself / make it worthy of being special.

Lycanroc has a really low BST though. At 487 it is almost 50 points lower so they can give it a fairly nice push and still have it be well within an acceptable range for power.

Since Xathers put this in the wrong thread

New trailer for USUM revealed:

And here's the Japanese version:

UPDATE(S):

A new map of the Alola Region, complete with what appear to be dark, ominous clouds hanging over Poni Island.
DHg67h_XcAAefbz.jpg

The black-colored Z-Ring is apparently called the "Z-Power Ring", which allows the use of more Z-Moves.  More exclusive Z-Moves will be introduced. On a related note, TOMY will release a toy version of the Z-Power Ring that works with the new Z-Moves in USUM, much like TOMY's previous Z-Ring toy.

DHg78iiUwAAsx82.png

EDIT: new trailer from Worlds, showing Kommo-O's exclusive Z-Move.

Given the move's name, Kommo-O will probs need clanging scales to use it. 

Since Xathers put this in the wrong thread

New trailer for USUM revealed:

And here's the Japanese version:

UPDATE(S):

A new map of the Alola Region, complete with what appear to be dark, ominous clouds hanging over Poni Island.

DHg67h_XcAAefbz.jpg

The black-colored Z-Ring is apparently called the "Z-Power Ring", which allows the use of more Z-Moves.  More exclusive Z-Moves will be introduced. On a related note, TOMY will release a toy version of the Z-Power Ring that works with the new Z-Moves in USUM, much like TOMY's previous Z-Ring toy.

DHg78iiUwAAsx82.png

EDIT: new trailer from Worlds, showing Kommo-O's exclusive Z-Move.

Good thing I already got all the Z Crystals. Also, we see the golfer and dragon guy.

You're probably the only one here who bought the Z-ring, Astro...

======

But yeah, looking forward to Kommo-o's new Z-move [apparently it's a sweep move and buffs all stats afterwards, so...] Only other question is what's next for Poni Island, since there's a cloud over it (that's where the legendary altar is, so...) Probably something to do with the legendaries wearing parts of Necrozma.

Also nice to see Ryuki and Kahili developed a bit more, because former is just thrown in as a random Dragon user that we can challenge during the E4 and Kahili is only introduced as Kukui's acquaintance / pro golfer when she's challenged at the league.

New character designs for the main characters are meh, but presumably those can be changed later.

Other than that, the trailers didn't show too much stuff that wasn't already known at this point.

I meant the toy crystals.

I see. I'm not really fussed about those tbph.

But yeah, looking forward to Kommo-o's new Z-move [apparently it's a sweep move and buffs all stats afterwards, so...] Only other question is what's next for Poni Island, since there's a cloud over it (that's where the legendary altar is, so...) Probably something to do with the legendaries wearing parts of Necrozma.

There is a screenshot on Serebii of Necrozma at the Altar.

Also;

It is kind of amazing how the game comes out in 3 months and we know so little about it still. Trailer doesn't show much but getting more from the less developed characters sounds exciting. Curious if this is a retelling of Sun/Moon or a sequel too it. Still haven't put that together. I will point out on thing though, the covers. And specifically the face looking thing that is on the edge of the two. Seriously want to know what is up with that.

As for Kommo-O, that move can single handily bring it into competitive play. A super powerful move that boosts all its stats is more than enough to get what is already a pretty solid dragon into higher tiers.

Hopefully it isn't a blatant rehash of the original S/M (and yes, a lot of the flaws in it need to be fixed). Hopefully they release more stuff that we want to know, because otherwise, people likely aren't going to buy it. Sequel would be preferred.

(By then, Hau will probably be more mature and stuff; the league should be more refined, Neo Team Skull and some other things that need to be here. IDK if Lillie will return, but probably not)

But yeah, hopefully the league is actually stronger and the postgame isn't bare bones outside the UB mission and Battle Tree.

Hopefully it isn't a blatant rehash of the original S/M (and yes, a lot of the flaws in it need to be fixed). Hopefully they release more stuff that we want to know, because otherwise, people likely aren't going to buy it. Sequel would be preferred.

(By then, Hau will probably be more mature and stuff; the league should be more refined, Neo Team Skull and some other things that need to be here. IDK if Lillie will return, but probably not)

But yeah, hopefully the league is actually stronger and the postgame isn't bare bones outside the UB mission and Battle Tree.

The fact that the trailer highlights the weakest link of the E4 and has one of the random one offs that you defend your title against I'm hopeful that at the very least it will fix some of the character issues.

One of the things I found interesting in the trailer was the Alolan Vulpix in the trailer which for anime watchers hints at something involving Lillie. Could be grasping at straws, but I found it interesting.

Outside Skarmory (and to some degree, Mandibuzz), Kahili is generally easy. It's Olivia who gives you hell, and mostly because Sturdy users. Hopefully Hapu gets developed a bit more as the Island Kahuna, but we'll see. 

The Alola Vulpix thing could reflect Lillie, but yeah, we'll see. Could be she has a position at the Aether Foundation under Gladion (assuming he's still in charge of it at this time considering Lusamine's afflictions).

=====

Then again, didn't they say they'd be giving some focus to Togedemaru and some other random 'mons. We already saw Lycanroc's, so...

• 3 weeks later...

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. The image confirms that the forms shown on the boxarts are fusions of Solgaleo/Lunala and Necrozma when Necrozma absorbs the other Pokémon. The Solgaleo style one is called "Necrozma Mane of Twilight". Lunala's is "Necrozma Wings of Dawn". They have the signature moves of Solagelo & Lunala: Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam .

[spoiler=Images]​corocoro10171.jpg

corocoro10172.jpg

Archived