Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

As much as I would like for Zeraora to be at Gamestop, they already have the Shiny Poipole thing. (IIRC they also have the Zekrom/Reshiram one next month too, so...might not be far-fetched to hope for this.)

I just hope it's not at Target again because the ones down here seem to have a track record for not participating in these things (least the new flagship one; maybe the one down the street from work participates, but idk). Wal-Mart would be nice, as there should be a ton of them across the US.

IDK, depends on how much Gamefreak wants to make its players work to get Zeraora and if retailers want to be nice/not.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

====

Also Poipole should be out now; albeit it is nature locked to Modest. Least you just gotta reset for IVs and not both that / nature.

====

I was sad when I saw this. Modest is a fine nature on Poipole, but Timid is a fair bit better. 

As much as I would like for Zeraora to be at Gamestop, they already have the Shiny Poipole thing. (IIRC they also have the Zekrom/Reshiram one next month too, so...might not be far-fetched to hope for this.)

I just hope it's not at Target again because the ones down here seem to have a track record for not participating in these things (least the new flagship one; maybe the one down the street from work participates, but idk). Wal-Mart would be nice, as there should be a ton of them across the US.

IDK, depends on how much Gamefreak wants to make its players work to get Zeraora and if retailers want to be nice/not.

They could just make it a distribution through their network. I get working with GameStop and the like it good for them as a company, but it makes getting these event Pokemon a lot more difficult.

I was sad when I saw this. Modest is a fine nature on Poipole, but Timid is a fair bit better. 

They could just make it a distribution through their network. I get working with GameStop and the like it good for them as a company, but it makes getting these event Pokemon a lot more difficult.

Timid works better because of the speed ties and other stuff you need to break. Not that I pay attention to / care much about the Gen 7 meta on Showdown right now, but I suppose added power is fine if you need to kill things that Timid cannot accomplish. Probably lose to opposing Nagandels and anything with a Scarf / boosts though, so...

As for distribution, Nintendo Network would be the best idea as it'd make it easier for everyone to get ahold of Zeraora and not screw over players who either don't live within reasonable travel distance of a participating store / said retailer refuses to participate. (See British's comment about having to take 2 buses just to get Poipole.)

GameStop's usually pretty good about participating and not screwing over people; least the one I go to is good about it.

At least it's at Gamestop as opposed to Target again, so least there's min. 1 store that is within easy driving distance to get Zeraora. (Speaking of which, I need to go get my Shiny Poipole before then too).

Still have to figure out where Zekrom/Reshiram giveaways are going to be, so I can plan road trip accordingly.

====

And yeah, kinda disappointed that I couldn't get the Eons last month, but not worth getting pissed over. Probably on me for not going earlier (or there were a lot more kids wanting them than store expected; least from what the sales rep told me when I asked about it.)

(I still got a lot of them from Gen 5 that I spent enough time to get the nature / IVs for + train properly, so...yeah.)

If anyone still cares about this except for the Bottle Caps and stuff.

Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - Reshiram & Zekrom Event

For those of you in Europe and Oceania, the ninth month of the Legendary Pokémon Year events have begun. From now until October 28th 2018, players will be able to get a Zekrom in Pokémon Sun and Ultra Sun or Reshiram in Pokémon Moon and Ultra Moon simply by going through Mystery Gift > Get Via Internet. These distributions differ between Sun & Moon and Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon with the Pokémon being Level 60 in Sun & Moon and Level 100 holding a Gold Bottle Cap in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Our Event Database has full details of this event.
This event will be distributed in North America through Target from October 19th as a Serial Code event.

Seriously, why Target again?

[spoiler=reason]

I say this is because the one I usually go to down here has a bad track record for not participating in these things [and it's the flagship one], so...it basically shits on anyone who wants it. Otherwise, there's one near work and other one near the food retailer by airport; not going to Kailua Target just for a code because I don't live in that part.

I just mentioned this above too.

• 3 weeks later...

This is why I have like 7 of the japanese ones. I figured that I'd never be able to get one if I live in a decent sized American city

That being said I'll go check morrow

See, I've never had an issue with the Gamestop codes before, so them being out this fast caught me off guard. Might pester a friend to see if he can get me one.

There's a Gamestop up the street from where I live; could've went after work today but I had perishables in the car. That one usually doesn't run out of codes, but hopefully I won't regret it next week when I go.

Just be glad it isn't Target because they have an even worse track record of having the codes / even bothering to participate.

We can just say coordination as a whole for this year has been poor and certain retailers being asses about not participating or being in out of the way places thereof.

Oh right, and I guess if anyone wants a shiny Mimikyu from that spooky competition thing, should still have time to register (unless a bunch of kids already filled up the 50,000 slots).

We can just say coordination as a whole for this year has been poor and certain retailers being asses about not participating or being in out of the way places thereof.

Oh right, and I guess if anyone wants a shiny Mimikyu from that spooky competition thing, should still have time to register (unless a bunch of kids already filled up the 50,000 slots).

I registered, but apparently you have to do something in game too

• 2 weeks later...

To expand on Winter's post, it's a Double Battle competition using standard 2019 VGC rules where players can use 2 Restricted Pokémon (Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala & Necrozma) and is based on the Sun Series where there are no Z-Moves, Mega Evolutions or Primal Reversions allowed, and registration runs from November 22nd (not the 20th) through November 29th 2018. Battles will run from November 30th through December 2nd.

I'm tempted to enter with a throwaway team so I can get the Tapu Lele. (Then again last I entered a competition where a pokemon was the participation prize, I was jipped out of it)

• 3 weeks later...

Friendly reminder that the registration has been live for some time now. If you want a shiny Tapu Lele, you should consider signing up while there is still time and space left. 

I haven't really decided on a team yet, but its performance shouldn't matter all that much anyway. 

Archived