Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

So essentially B/W Kyurem 2.0 for the most part? I mean, this is essentially similar; well, not really because it's just parts of Necrozma covering the box legendaries as opposed to resembling Necrozma itself.

Hopefully there's more substantial news pertaining to stuff, because if this is just a rehash of S/M, I may opt to buy just one version. (Surely they did improve on the stuff players complained about.) 

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next images from CoroCoro have also come and have confirmed that Lycanroc is to get a special Z-Move called Radial Edge Storm which requires Lycanroc to know the move Stone Edge. It has a secondary effect that can eliminate Terrain effects. It can work on all forms of Lycanroc. It also confirms Rockruff that have the ability Own Tempo, which is currently only available from the distribution, can evolve into Dusk Form between 17:00 and 17:59 at Level 25. Only those Rockruff can evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc

[spoiler=image]

corocoro10173.jpg

I'm going to suspect that Rockruff can't breed / pass its ability down, which is going to suck, but then again, it's an event thing for Ash so... (Likely will just be that one; as much as I'd like to hope that the OT will be ours, yeah...)

Z-move sounds cool though; eliminating opposing Terrains will be awesome.

As for evolving, just make sure I get to it before the newscasts end. (Probably should be able to evolve it in the alternate world; assuming those still exist)

Burst is exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Sun while Assembly is exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Moon.

Also the Rockruff you get distributed to your game depends on your version. If you play Ultra Sun, it will know the move Tackle, Bite, Fire Fang, Happy Hour. If you play Ultra Moon, it will know the moves Tackle, Bite, Thunder Fang, Happy Hour. Both are Level 10 and come with a Focus Band attached

Also during today's Nintendo Direct, it was confirmed that if you purchase Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver on the Virtual Console from launch day on September 22nd 2017, you will receive a special serial code to redeem in Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon to obtain a special Celebi. Celebi is Level 30 with the moves Heal Bell, Safeguard, Ancient Power & Future Sight. It runs until September 21st 2018. If you download the games before January 15th, you'll also receive a special theme for your 3DS

(Well, wouldn't blame you. Then again, cue the Trump and wall thing for Sun; you can figure out why. I didn't say this; some kids on the preview trailer said this.)

I saw different names on them; just hopefully those are just the preset names for the player character and not forced. Shouldn't be forced nature either because anything not Adamant/Jolly (well, using the existing two as reference) will kill any chances of it being good.

(Can only hope it's like that Munchlax distribution, and you do get to name it / set the nature, which will be great. Only question is figuring out what Dusk form's stats are, and determining the proper nature for it so I can prepare a Synchronize user.)

====

Suppose I'm buying both, if at minimum, for box space. Now to see how UB-06 (both of them) fare; we don't know what its classification will be, but assuming they are following up from Guzzlord being UB-05. All we can really guess at is them having a shared typing somewhere that isn't with the other 5.

Nihilego - Rock/Poison

Buzzwole - Bug/Fighting

Pheromosa - Bug/Fighting

Xurkitree - Electric

Kartana - Grass/Steel

Celesteela - Flying/Steel

Guzzlord - Dark/Dragon

So we're left with: Normal, Fire, Water, Fairy, Ghost, Ground, Psychic, Ice in terms of possible types. Though it is possible that they might break the trend, but probably won't.

I'm going to assume the figures in the background are the main antagonists for this one, considering Guzma disbanded Team Skull and a few others defected. What the new group is called or their motives is unknown; can assume maybe a different group that fits more into the mold of previous organizations or an extremist sect of Aether Foundation.

Also seems Lillie makes a return too, so...

Nebby being in the picture confirms it's a glorified third version.

Which is disappointing as funk.

Yea, when we saw the Aether Paradise cutscene in the trailer I was sure it was a 3rd version. Poster does indicate a handful of changes though so I'm curious what they have in store.

The poster is badass though and has increased my hype for the game.

Takara Tomy have posted information about figures releasing of the upcoming forms of Necrozma, the Dusk Mane Necrozma and the Dawn Wings Necrozma. With this, they have inadvertently revealed that Necrozma is to keep the types of Solgaleo and Lunala, becoming Psychic/Steel and Psychic/Ghost type in the respective forms. It also revealed the height and weight of these forms. Dusk Mane Necrozma is 3.8m tall but weighs 460kg, twice that of Solgaleo while Dawn Wings Necrozma is 4.0m and weighs 350kg, an increase of 230 on Lunala. As this is a merchandise leak, it's currently not 100% but is a likely indicator of future types

So Mantine Surf exists now; might be fun to do surfing stuff in-game (well, considering how much of a thing it is down here).

But yeah, other than that, trials exist; Acerola is still a Trial Captain so probably got someone else to fill in for her at the E4 (or if it is a rehashed S/M, then league probably doesn't exist yet). Everything else is already known. Oh, and Mina actually got a trial now, so...

Hopefully they read people's concerns about a crappy postgame (training / otherwise) and fixed it. I have seen people elsewhere saying that Level 63 E4 gave them hell and "they don't want to be challenged". I mean, outside Olivia and Kahili with Sturdy 'mons [but those are manageable], they technically aren't that difficult to defeat, despite the max IVs. They're keeping the split EXP formula, so no use in asking for it to be gone, but yeah, just give us better trainers/'mons to fight against. (Oh right, and wonder if we're still the first Alola champion or that changes)

My thoughts;

[spoiler=misc]

- Houndoom and Manectric being version exclusives again, just like in XY.

- I was digging the track that played during the Mantine Surf segment, and the mechanic itself sounds like fun.

- Alola Marowak being a totem is interesting

- Mina actually has a trial whilst existing trials have had some changes it seems.

The strategy guide for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon recently got listed on various retailers in Japan. Within the description of the product, it confirmed multiple returning features. It confirms the expected that the Festival Plaza, Battle Royal, Battle Tree, Poké Finder and Poké Pelago features are to make a return in the games. It also lists how to get all the new moves, abilities & hold items, but doesn't clarify if they mean brand new or new to Alola.

I'm sure quite a few people won't be happy that Festival Plaza is returning.

Yeah, Festival Plaza is a lot worse compared to previous generations; why do we have to go into ANOTHER tab just to trade with people? Only good part is that you can get better clothes to an extent. (Also still think the lotteries are partially rigged to give shitty prizes, even at higher levels [or the RNG goddess is being dumb])

Battle Royal and Tree both have hax problems (well, I've seen people online saying that it's bad enough that either they're going to have to use hax on their own or resort to using power 'mons). Pelago is useful, Finder is meh.

====

I would rather have a Black Tower / White Treehollow thing like Gen 5 instead of Royale; actual place to level up consistently and isn't going to be haxed (that, and 1 on 1). Also goes into the complaints about Sun/Moon's lack of actually good places to train (post-game), coupled with the split EXP formula. Hopefully they fixed it, because otherwise it's just going to be a rehashed S/M. 

Archived