Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Serebii;

Japanese variety show, Oha Suta, is to air a special episode tomorrow morning JST where their cast visits The Pokémon Company. Within this, they are stating that they will be showing a Global Premiere of footage from Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. It's currently unclear if this footage, while a global premiere, will reveal any new content but we'll post as soon as anything is known so be sure to check back later today

mfw I want to get a Pokemon game for the story, that trailer was rad.

Standard 3rd version fair, but really just drives home more that this is a 3rd version.

Oh wait, these aren't sequels? I haven't been following this, I assumed it was another set of sequels like B2W2.

(Whereas I technically have a part-time job, though buying both will probably sap a chunk of my paycheck, depending on how stuff goes)

But yeah, it does look more/less like a rehashed S/M with added features. I'll get it because of storage space reasons and other stuff, but yeah. Just hope that they actually fixed some of the problems that people had with it. Would've been nice if they were sequels though; show that Alola developed substantially after getting a Pokémon league.

(Whereas I technically have a part-time job, though buying both will probably sap a chunk of my paycheck, depending on how stuff goes)

But yeah, it does look more/less like a rehashed S/M with added features. I'll get it because of storage space reasons and other stuff, but yeah. Just hope that they actually fixed some of the problems that people had with it. Would've been nice if they were sequels though; show that Alola developed substantially after getting a Pokémon league.

Well we know the missing trial has been fixed and that trials as a whole have been changed so it looks like a pretty different experience.

Figured "defense wall.beast" would be Rock/Steel. "circus baton.beast" being Fire/Ghost is interesting (on the subject of its attack, even though Serebii has the type as Fire, I thought it was a ghost move given it looked to be super effective on Metagross).

Though I didn't expect another new UB, and given its codename, it being Poison is fitting.

Figured "defense wall.beast" would be Rock/Steel. "circus baton.beast" being Fire/Ghost is interesting (on the subject of its attack, even though Serebii has the type as Fire, I thought it was a ghost move given it looked to be super effective on Metagross).

Though I didn't expect another new UB, and given its codename, it being Poison is fitting.

Well, both stabs would be good against Metagross. Could go either way, but the explosion leans Fire.

Anyway, trailer wasn't as hype as the Japanese, but getting the read things was nice. Another new UB is surprising, but once you commit to adding new Pokemon, it seems reasonable to go all in. Getting to explore Ultra Space was one of the let downs in S/M so this should be really cool.

Also, promo art

DLYGItdXUAEzpYN.jpg

Hot damn, this is amazing.

At least we actually get to go to Ultra Space instead of just traveling to stop Lusamine from going psycho and that's it [though we get to go there again, so...]. Promo art is amazing though.

Burst is Fire/Ghost, so that's interesting. Now to see how this differentiates itself from Chandelure outside of a signature move. 

IDK about Assembly yet because it hasn't done anything. Rock/Steel is kinda disappointing because of the obvious double weaknesses associated with it, and does not have Sturdy like Aggron to mitigate that. But...maybe it'll be able to do something else in light of that, but IDK.

Also on another note, part of me thinks the e4 will probs be higher level, like closer to the 60s or something.

I hope so, and that they actually are in the 70s or something in rematches. Level 63 legitimately sucks; okay for main story but not so much later; especially because they wanted to go Gen 5 on us with the split formula. 

I hope so, and that they actually are in the 70s or something in rematches. Level 63 legitimately sucks; okay for main story but not so much later; especially because they wanted to go Gen 5 on us with the split formula. 

Yeah, hopefully the exp formula is somewhat fixed in USUM, because it sucked in SM.

Yeah, hopefully the exp formula is somewhat fixed in USUM, because it sucked in SM.

Wouldn't be so bad if they actually provided better places to train; I mean, I put up with it in Gen 5 because the E4 are actually competent and praise White Treehollow / Black Tower for actually good places.

Sun and Moon lacked anyone higher than Level 65 [except Red, but he doesn't count].

Archived