Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

Wouldn't be so bad if they actually provided better places to train; I mean, I put up with it in Gen 5 because the E4 are actually competent and praise White Treehollow / Black Tower for actually good places.

Sun and Moon lacked anyone higher than Level 65 [except Red, but he doesn't count].

Also Gen 5 had Audino for what it's worth.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'know, I had a thought: If we can travel through Ultra Space to find the homelands of the UBs in USUM, does that meant that our current batch (Buzzwole-Pheremosa & Kartana-Celesteela) would no longer be version exclusive? As US and UM will gain new version exclusives with the likes of Burst and Assembly and whatever other new UBs pop up, so the previous batch might be all obtainable regardless of version.

Most likely yes, and then we'll just have Assembly / Burst be the only exclusives. Or Gamefreak can be scumbags and keep them version exclusive. Might be a lot nicer than forcing people to still trade for them, but trailers never specified which version when they showed the UB Worlds.

Hopefully the current UBs do get off version exclusivity and appear in either version, but we have to see.

Alright, now I'm more on board with USUM. Exploring the other world was something I was excited about when I first went through the portal after Lusamine. Gonna be a fun game, Mantine surfing's neat too.

I think a lot of people are more on board based on this trailer, it looked pretty hype, including the music used, and it's not the first time that I said that I have enjoyed music used in these trailers.

Poke-tron.

Hey, I just birthed a meme.

Poke-tron, terrorise.

Poke-tron, transform!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it have to be copy/pasted by many people online for it to be considered a meme?

CoroCoro stuff;
The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. First, it reveals special Z Moves for Dusk Mane Necrozma & Solgaleo using the Solgaleo Z which turns Sunsteel Strike into the move Sunshine Smasher, and Dawn Wings Necrozma & Lunala using the Lunala Z which turns Moongeist Beam into Moonlight Blaster. It also introduces a new move known by Dusk Mane Necrozma called Photon Geyser
It also confirms both of the new forms of Necrozma have got the ability Prism Armor.
In addition to this, it mentions Z Rotom Power, where if you have good compatibility with Rotom, it can power up Z-Moves by letting you use Z-Moves more than once in one battle. Rotom Dex also has various new features introduced in the game. The magazine lists it as becoming more like you the more you use it. Rotom will also help you to get items & powers using a feature called Rotopon which access items in a feautre listed as "Rotom Power" which do things such as boost experience. You can also interact with the Rotom Pokédex more, answering questions from it and getting reactions

[spoiler=Image]

CoroCoro-USUM.jpg​ CoroCoro-USUM-Rotom.jpg

So I guess they're adding some of the PSS stuff from Gen 6 now, among other stuff like "pass powers" (from what I'm getting from this). This should be good. (Also Solgaleo favortism much, since Dusk Mane gets a new move, but Dawn Wings doesn't)

But yeah, we'll have to see what else comes up.

====

Right now, I suppose I have enough reason to go preorder.

I think a lot of people are more on board based on this trailer, it looked pretty hype, including the music used, and it's not the first time that I said that I have enjoyed music used in these trailers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it have to be copy/pasted by many people online for it to be considered a meme?

Good point. It's just that the Ultra Beast world reminds me of The Grid from Tron Legacy.

Nintendo will probably show a video of it later, but yeah. 

Also liking the new Z-moves for the box legendaries, so there's that. 

I guess Gamefreak actually listened to complaints about no O-Powers in S/M and gave some of them back to an extent. (I saw a level 67 wild 'mon in there, so guess they also upped the levels of stuff). Getting another Z-move attempt breaks a few things, yes, but as consolation, suppose you get another shot if in-game NPC decides to be a troll and swap out for something that absorbs the attack or w/e. 

There are still some people pissed off about Dusk Form Lycanroc (because Ash has one in anime and it's special), plus getting its own Z-move on top of it. For really special Pokémon, sure, but giving them to everything, IDK. (I mean, the Alolan starters got their own, Eevee has one, the box legendaries do, Lycanroc got one, Kommo-o has one and now Mimikyu). Think they blurbed about getting Togedemaru one, but to be fair, thing is crap and only matters in anime (which can be redirected to that thread).

Come to think of it, HOPEFULLY the gift Rockruff for preordering has our name as the original Trainer (looks like it might). We know it isn't Ash from trailers but likely the default names for the characters. 

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Silvally Event

The Shiny Silvally event has had multiple new distributions announced. In North America, you'll be able to get it at Gamestop (US) or EB Games (Canada) from October 23rd to November 13th 2017 while in the UK you'll be able to get it at GAME from November 3rd through to November 16th 2017. The code can then be redeemed until February 13th 2018. This distribution matches ones that hit Japan, Korea and Taiwan last month.

And I just went to Gamestop this past Saturday after work to pick up Marshadow (and preorder US/UM; I went for the dual pack so hopefully I don't regret this decision). Wouldn't be as bad if the one at the shopping center I originally got my membership at didn't close up.

But yeah, I'll have to find another time after work on Saturdays (or on my off day). 

I decided to look up this Silvally and while I applaud their attempts to create a way to fight against the Ultra Beasts in that world, it seems that they should have instead used the unstable DNA of the Eevee as the starting base before working with it to create a creature capable of changing between the differing types, instead of making it into an unintentionally-aggressive chimera.

From Serebii-

"Some new information has come out about Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon via an interview in the Famitsu magazine which has leaked on a Japanese blog. At present, the magazine is not out so details may require further translation. It confirms that the game is further detailed than people believe with there being further post-game story content than before, saying it is far more in-depth than Pokémon Platinum and that the story is twice that of Pokémon Sun & Moon's. It also states that catching and training Pokémon will have elements to make it easier to obtain compared to Sun & Moon. It also confirms that you will encounter various Legendary Pokémon through the Ultra Wormholes when you travel through portals on Solgaleo & Lunala, including Legendary Pokémon, noting the possibility of Mewtwo. We'll bring more as it comes."

Post-game far more in depth than PLATINUM and story TWICE that of Sun and Moon? Sounds like somewhat arbitrary stretching, but hell, a good-sized post game is welcome. Being able to get various legendaries through the Wormholes seems good too.

Archived