Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's some in-game stuff, but I more refer to the story changing, since Yellow just has some small changes, but nothing story related beyond getting Pikachu and facing Jesse & James.

Fair enough. Though if you are talking story changes that didn't get big until Gen 3 where the 3rd version brought a MASSIVE change. The 3rd version being the superior version was more so what I was getting at and thats been true from go.

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

Following the leak of the Famitsu Interview, The Pokémon Company International have confirmed that Mewtwo and other Legendary Pokémon will be available in Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon through the Ultra Wormholes. At present we have no further details, screenshots or video but we'll provide full details as and when they come

Edit @ 14:46: When speaking to IGN, game producer, Shigeru Ohmori has also confirmed that Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon will be the final main series Pokémon games on Nintendo 3DS, representing a culmination of their work on the device. Back in June, The Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara revealed that a main series Pokémon game was in development for the Nintendo Switch, due for release in 2018 or later.

So yeah, guess they went to borrow stuff from OR/AS post-game, which is great. (Now to make sure I have all of my Synchronize 'mons in box when needed)

But...they did say it's the last 3DS game, so they're going all out now. (And now I need to buy the Switch [or soon]; rip wallet)

I didn't have any gripes about OR/AS, bar maybe that thing pertaining to "I cannot use my Secret Bases if I reset clock or something". That, and clothing stuff, but...that was just expectations from X/Y. (And no, I didn't have a complaint about getting free Eon after gym 5; even though I wish I had brought Synchronize user in front at the time.)

===

But yeah, let's see how this turns out. One of my gripes from S/M was the shitty postgame training (but I already said this enough times).

From what I've seen people say ORAS had a fair bit of hype going in and it didn't really match it. Game was fine, but nothing outstanding.

Honestly, this being the last 3DS Pokemon game is weird for me. Like, systems average 2 gens more or less, but actually seeing it be said is something else. Still, excited to see what they'll bring to the Switch and hopeful they pull out all the stops for the final 3DS Pokemon game.

(Probably blame lack of Battle Frontier that got replaced with Maison. I see a lot of people jabroniing about it on Youtube.)

They probably will, though we'll have to see what the Switch has for next year; as it's too early for them to be releasing Gen 8 right now. (So much for the DPP remakes for the 3DS...) Just hope that they at least retain Bank for the 3DS. 

Also, Burst is US and Assembly is UM.

Pretty sure this was known when they were revealed iirc.

But yeah, I'm not surprised some of the exclusives remained the same tbph.

EDIT: There is a possibility that there could be 2 more UBs in USUM. The reason why this might be the case is the next PTCG set coming out in February (December in Japan) has 5 Ultra Beasts. All of the Sun and Moon Ultra Beasts have been released in the English and Japanese TCG, so unless two of them get new cards, this means there could be two more Ultra Beasts in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon aside from UB Burst, UB Adhesive, and UB Assembly (unless the two Necrozma forms somehow count as Ultra Beasts).

Fc7zdJf.png

* Oh!  the site "Serebii" seems to have confirmed something most delightful:

"A new part of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been revealed through an interview held by Eurogamer Portugal. Within this, it revealed that the points you earn from Mantine Surf can then be used to get items, and most notably have Move Tutors teach your Pokémon moves that they couldn't learn in Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon. This follows on from previous instances of Move Tutors being added in enhanced versions, sequels and remakes. At present it isn't clear if the points are also obtained through other methods or if the points are Battle Points. We'll bring more details as they come so keep checking back"

mvXUcz4.png

* Sure, everyone may have figured that Move Tutors would appear in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon,

but the fact that Mantine Surf is a method to gaining points towards tutoring moves is quite interesting, to say the least.

((I'll be Out-of-Character for this one))

I had a bit of a thought around last night concerning how USUM will be the swan song for the Mainline Pokemon games on the 3DS systems:

B2W2 were also Pokemon's swan song on the original DS systems, and they had, among other things, the PWT, in which (most of) the Gym Leaders and Champions from Generations 1-5 made an appearance.  Does anyone else think that they'll do something similar for USUM? (The cameos in SuMo (Red, Blue, Cynthia, Wally, Grimsley, Anabel) hardly count.) I mean, I suppose it depends on how far they're gonna push it in USUM, but still.

Hopefully they do, considering it's the final game for the 3DS. I would also add on having a White Treehollow/Black Tower-esque thing, but think they already confirmed the Tree would return so...

Now we just have to see what legendary 'mons are exclusive to each version [if they aren't going to give us all of them] and also if the special Rockruff gets our trainer names on it, or some generic filler one. (I tend to dislike the latter)

GUUUUUUUUUUYS!!!! WE GOTTA PREPARE FOR TROUBLE, AND ON THE DOUBLE!!!!

https://twitter.com/serebiinet/status/922750311223255041

uscard.jpgumcard.jpg

The download card for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has confirmed that Team Rocket are to be in the games,. At present we don't have further information, just an image of them in battle with half the name cut off and an image of their headquarters but we'll provide full details as they come so be sure to check back

From Serebii;

The date for the next bit of information for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been announced. The information is to come on November 2nd at 22:00 JST/13:00 UTC/09:00 EDT/06:00 PDT. It's not currently known what information will be revealed but we will post the second it goes live so be sure to keep checking back
In addition to this, the official site has put out a plethora of new images focusing on various elements of the game. Not much new information was provided but it does showcase many subevents that happen in the game that didn't exist in Sun & Moon such as Bewear show in Hau'oli Mall, Team Skull ambushing an Alolan Vulpix and various other events. It also confirms Furfrou, Mime Jr., Buneary, Hawlucha and Inkay are in the new Alola Dex and hints at a use for the Strange Souvenir.
We also have confirmation on the return of all Global Link features including Championship Battle, which follows the World Championships ruleset as well as the return of Poké Pelago and Festival Plaza.

Archived