Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

The one Hala is facing? UB-Lay (or whatever its confirmed name ends up being). You'll run into it if you are a Moon player.

Or you're referring to the one at the top of the other one, and that's another UB (Adhesive).

If you mean the purple one, UB-Adhesive, Poison-type, no other information known

If you mean the white ice cream with sprinkles, UB-Burst, Ghost/Fire, has a new Fire-type signature move called "Mind Blown" that costs half your HP to use

Thanks, I was looking at Adhesive. I don't remember seeing it in videos, that's all.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get to catch all the legendaries from past generations? Awesome (though hopefully they expand the box space because I swear that all the legendaries I have from the past ten runs of White 2 and ORAS will take up half the space alone if I moved them all over). That, and any other Pokémon I need/want to catch.

But either way, suppose this was a good investment. (Now we need to see what Mimikyu's new Z-move is, and I guess some idea on Dusk Lycanroc's stats outside the Attack stat, presumably.)

===

P.S. Also get to crack Ghetsis in this one, so...

Oh and I can rent legendaries and stuff. Thanks, but I think I'd prefer my own for the most part. 

EDIT:

https://www.serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/exclusives.shtml

(stuff pertaining to exclusives.)

Looks like I get to catch another Latios (which works fine because I want another one). Already good on his sister for obvious reasons.

Probably only for the Pokémon that were made as Totems in the game, so...yeah.

Also updated last post with version exclusives.

Finally it confirms that all Legendary Pokémon of past games. Some require special things such as Giratina needing both Dialga and Palkia to appear. Suicune (with Raikou and Entei present) , Rayquaza (with Groudon and Kyogre present), Kyurem (with Reshiram and Zekrom present), Landorus (with Tornadus and Thundurus present).

Some Legendary are exclusive:

Ultra Sun - Ho-Oh, Raikou, Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran, Reshiram, Tornadus, Xerneas.

Ultra Moon - Lugia, Entei, Kyogre, Latias, Palkia, Regigigas, Zekrom, Thundurus, Yveltal.

So yeah, make of this as you will. (I technically do want a Ho-oh and Groudon that I originally own; Reshiram is already cleared because of White 2 [but having a perfect IV one will help])

But I'm getting both games, so doesn't really matter too much. (I know I already transferred two of my W2 Kyurems over by now)

====

Oh right, and next update is 11/10 @ 5 am UTC. Convert this to your timezone as appropriate. (I'm ten hours behind GMT, so...7 pm next Thursday)

[spoiler=Thoughts]

- Giovanni with a Mewtwo? ...ok, I guess that's a nod to the anime when he used Mewtwo to beat Gary and a few others (though the fact that he can also mega evolve it is interesting)

- Lysandre's Pyroar is apparently in a Master Ball for some reason

- I liked in one of the Japanese trailers, Guzma was restraining rocket grunts with his hands on their faces

- One thing that surprised me is that in ORAS you can get all the Johto beasts regardless of version, yet in this game, Entei and Raikou are exclusives and that you need both to get Suicune.

[spoiler=Thoughts]

- Giovanni with a Mewtwo? ...ok, I guess that's a nod to the anime when he used Mewtwo to beat Gary and a few others (though the fact that he can also mega evolve it is interesting)

- Lysandre's Pyroar is apparently in a Master Ball for some reason

- I liked in one of the Japanese trailers, Guzma was restraining rocket grunts with his hands on their faces

- One thing that surprised me is that in ORAS you can get all the Johto beasts regardless of version, yet in this game, Entei and Raikou are exclusives and that you need both to get Suicune.

[spoiler=stuff]

It makes sense for the box mascots and some other stuff, but not the legendary trios. Oh hell, the Regis can apparently be caught altogether [though Regigigas is Moon-exclusive].

IDK, they should've made the Regis version exclusive like they did in Gen 5 (have Regirock available first, split 'ice and 'steel and then Regigigas available to both). Doesn't make sense to split the beasts (unless they wanted to do an Adventure thing, which I can't figure out, even though I read the GSC arc).

[spoiler=stuff]

It makes sense for the box mascots and some other stuff, but not the legendary trios. Oh hell, the Regis can apparently be caught altogether [though Regigigas is Moon-exclusive].

IDK, they should've made the Regis version exclusive like they did in Gen 5 (have Regirock available first, split 'ice and 'steel and then Regigigas available to both). Doesn't make sense to split the beasts (unless they wanted to do an Adventure thing, which I can't figure out, even though I read the GSC arc).

[spoiler=obligatory response]

box mascots, yes but the legendary beasts for example? That's somewhat weird. As for Regigigas, I don't know why the funk it's version exclusive either to be fair.

One thing I noticed is that Deoxys seems to have returned to being mythical despite it being catchable in ORAS. (As it doesn't look like it's catchable here)

[spoiler=obligatory response]

box mascots, yes but the legendary beasts for example? That's somewhat weird. As for Regigigas, I don't know why the funk it's version exclusive either to be fair.

One thing I noticed is that Deoxys seems to have returned to being mythical despite it being catchable in ORAS. (As it doesn't look like it's catchable here)

Thanks for reminding me, I need to buy replacement carts of ORAS. I misplaced them, now they're gone, along with all the Mythical pokemon I obtained in them last year.

I played White 2; not the original, so I probably get to deal with that Hydreigon I've heard people say things about when fighting Ghetsis (albeit Fairies exist, so might be easier to deal with him than it was back then). We'll see. 

Cyrus and Lysandre technically don't have a choice, because their generations have not been remade yet (likely won't until 2019-2020 at earliest; least for Gen 4 stuff).

Not really bothered either with the designs, well, considering that I only played Gen 3 (and HG/SS) on emulator and RBY/GSC era hasn't been touched (same for Sinnoh).

====

Then again, I've seen people elsewhere wonder if N will be here due to Ghetsis, but I highly doubt it.

Ghetsis' BW Hydreigon was a monster both from a lack of Fairy typing, and because it was completely geared (IVs, EVs, and moves) towards special attack, so it can rip you a new one even if you are prepared. Doesn't help it's 10 levels lower than it should be to be a Hydreigon, and you just fought N as well.

I'm not surprised we have the older looks of Maxie and Archie, as canonically it has been proven that RSE and ORAS occur in different universes. So Giovanni recruited the first versions, as well as the pre-BW2 Ghetsis, since that's the outfit he wore in BW.

When I saw the trailer, I thought Cyrus had a different look in Platinum as well, but then realised he didn't

Ghetsis' BW Hydreigon was a monster both from a lack of Fairy typing, and because it was completely geared (IVs, EVs, and moves) towards special attack, so it can rip you a new one even if you are prepared. Doesn't help it's 10 levels lower than it should be to be a Hydreigon, and you just fought N as well.

That wasn't the only underlevelled Hydreigon to exist in gen 5. Iris' was underlevelled as well regardless of mode (53 in easy, 57 normal, 61 challenge), pre-rematch of course, but at least that one isn't as dickish as Ghetsis'

If you're just gonna be passive aggressive and not contribute to the thread, stop posting.  I won't ask you again.  This is your warning.

...Sorrrryy. Guess I'll re-contribute my last contribution then (as it was technically overlooked)

What I was saying was; Deoxys not being catchable in this game means that it's returning to its status as a mythical pokemon, which makes sense.

Hmmm, This may be just a theory, but I think Giovanni managed to pull Lysandre out of getting crushed, like he appeared in a wormhole in front of Lysandre as the weapon was about to impact with itself and say "Come with me if you want to live."

And The wormholes must reach anywhere cause he managed to pull Cyrus out of the dimension Giratina was in.

And what about Gen II's Archer?

Archived