OCG Change Coming in July

HulkTySSJ2

Question

Hey guys! Yu-Gi-Oh! is getting a major change to its OCG this July, and I'm trying to decide how to plan ahead when changing my Dragon Ball Crossover gallery (adding some of my own changes as well).
Could use your opinions...

Here's a current card:
ICN1Pnt.jpg

And here's the same card after the OCG changes:
4Cz5w62.jpg

There are a very decent amount MORE changes besides what's on this card alone, but these are the ones on this card specifically:
1. "Activate only during" is removed completely, as long as a Phase is announced after in the original text.
2. Battle Phase = BP
3. End Phase = EP
4. and = &

Many on the other forums agree this is a welcome change as it gives much more space on the text box, yet at the same time could require new players to actually read the rulebook to understand what the abbreviations mean.
What do you think?

Should I carry this out and re-edit all 500+ cards again?

5 answers to this question

In your case, just leave the existing cards as they are, then make the new cards with the VRAINS era changes. I would advise waiting until SD2017 releases in TCG, so we know what the changes look like on the cards. 

I haven't actually uploaded anything, but I am fixing things on the editor itself. (which still needs to be fixed if YCMaker ever returns...)

As I mentioned, you should probably leave the older system you've made in the current format, and only write the newer stuff with the updated OCG (considering the amount of stuff you have, and the post breaking again). Only changes are shortening of Graveyard to GY, reduction of the Xyz Material inheritance thing and some other small fixes to save space. Concerning the other changes you made, we'd have to see how the Starter Deck stuff gets printed in terms of those. (They shortened Life Points to LP during the start of ARC-V, but that was it). 

Basically look at some of the TCG cards coming out lately; right now. that's limited to the stuff from SD2017 and Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade in terms of new grammar. That's how we know about that. 

I think Zazu updates his OCG guide every so often, but yeah.

====

OCG in this contest means "official card grammar", though it is also used for the Japanese version of the game; don't get them confused.

Archived