Yu-Gi-Oh! Trivial Wars [IC/PG16/Not Accepting]

~Faytl~

yOfb0na.png

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

"I'm Wade, but you can call me The King of the Squirrels, Doctor Professor The Wade, Sex God, or the Great Ooglie Mooglie,"

Was this guy for real? The guy just literally fell from a watchtower and LANDED on the ground, without any noticeable injuries or anything. What was he? A candidate for some sort of super human experiments? Leonard dismissed the stupid thought, only shaking his head as he listened to this current shitshow of a team.

This is my team...this is what I've been reduced to be subjected to. he thought, sighing heavily. I'd rather be shot by a tank at this point...

"Now Sophie, you RELAX for once, that's an order. Wade, be sure to take them into Hallcrest, show them around. Haaave fun, guys!"

Annnnd there went the commanding officer. Terrific... Leonard sighed again and turned his attention towards Wade and lifted a hand. "Hey buddy." he said, using the term quite loosely. "Can we just move along? I'd like to settle in at this crazy ranch sometime today." Leonard crossed his arms, just waiting to see what Wade's answer was. Or at this point...anyone's.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"See you idiots later, I guess. I'd offer to let you come with me, but I honestly can't really stand any one of you." Dimitri shrugged. "Any of you kids wanna say goodbye to 'ol Dimitri? Now's the chance."

Marcus glanced over his shoulder at Dimitri and chuckled. "I don't recommend doing that~!" He warned in a slightly sing-song voice. "After all, the last person who deserted Fort Floe," Marcus looked to Heishi with the knowing glance of a co-conspirator, winking with the eye that the newbies couldn't see, "Well, Maria didn't technically come back in one piece, did she?"

He turned to keep leading the new blood to the living quarters. "C'mon kids. Uncle Marcus gon' show you the barracks. And if we're lucky, Osborne'll hunt down Dimitri like a dog before dinnertime!"

x393wz.jpgPOEXDY0.png

x393wz.jpg

"See you idiots later, I guess. I'd offer to let you come with me, but I honestly can't really stand any one of you." Dimitri shrugged. "Any of you kids wanna say goodbye to 'ol Dimitri? Now's the chance."

"Well, Maria didn't technically come back in one piece, did she?" "One can still discern her screams at the quietest nights near Osborne gloomy basement" He then looked at Dimitri, dead in the eyes "I dare you to leave..." He turned to keep leading the new blood to the living quarters with Marcus "...at least then we will have one less brat to care about".

He wore his jacket back, closed his eyes for a moment, and sighed, "This is not where you should be..." he said, in a different tone than his usual strong one, and became unconscious to his surrounding, until Marcus spoke.

"C'mon kids. Uncle Marcus gon' show you the barracks. And if we're lucky, Osborne'll hunt down Dimitri like a dog before dinnertime!" "huh" Heishi gasped suddenly "... oh" he chuckled "that would be a nice show before bedtime".x393wz.jpg

Wade was used to many things, being surrounded by squirrels, being riducled, people questioning his sanity. What he wasn't used to was people not thinking he was referring to duel monsters, and taking him seriously.

"Doctor God of Ooglie Squirrels, what card game are you referring to? War? Blackjack? I bet it's 60 card pick up, maybe with a 15 card bonus challenge round. Or maybe even rock paper scissors! No, wait. Go fish. That's the one isn't it?!"

"Hiya, Teach! You seem like a Teach kind of guy. So you're Teach now. Hiya, Teach!" Wade put away the cards, wiping away a tear before suddenly rushing out and grabbing the two, holding them up like they were baby kittens. He didn't even hear Hana ask, "DID SOMEONE SAY FISH?"

"I've never met such pure souls... this might be the happiest day of my life!" He nearly wept. "Don't worry, Good Ol' Doctor God of Ooglie Squirrels Teach will protect your pure, non dueling souls," He turned to Hadley, pouting with big puppy eyes. "Can we keep them, Cap? Timmy, Sophie, and I will take good care of them!"

"Uh... I have a... Question... This is just an odd one... But do you have food for uh... Animals here, specifically... Cats?" Wade looked around, before approaching Lora, leaning over and whispering loudly. 

"Come find me when the sun goes down. I got the stuff," He said before winking and going back to pay attention to Hadley. Sophie's voice suddenly piped up, causing Wade to look over to her.

"Captain? A little help here?" Hadley frowned in confusion, before realization dawned in her eyes.

"Ah, yes... You HAVE been working very hard, Soph. Take a load off, Wade can show the new recruits around."

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I-" she hurriedly started, but Hadley was already sauntering off, pulling the protesting Braves after her as she yelled back

"Now Sophie, you RELAX for once, that's an order. Be-SIDES, TIM03 will be with them, it'll be fine. Wade, be sure to take them into Hallcrest, show them around. Haaave fun, guys!"

Sophie turned to Wade, glaring daggers at him. "Don't. You. DARE. Do anything stupid." Wade scratched his chin, putting down the two people that he was carrying. 

"Well, I was going just give them a normal tour of the place, but yeah, that's stupid. So I won't be doing that!" He stated, a trolling grin on his face.

"Hey buddy." a person called from the back said, "Can we just move along? I'd like to settle in at this crazy ranch sometime today." Leonard crossed his arms, to which Wade grinned. 

"You're right! Let's get started!" Wade stated. "Welcome to Fort Goldenrod, where no one gives a funk, and there are no pokemon," he pointed to himself. "I don't give a funk, TIM03, aka Timmy don't give a funk, Captain don't give a funk, and Sophie... well, Sophie does give a funk, but  no one gives a funk about her giving a funk, so that funk is neutralized," He began to stretch. "Any questions? No? Okay, moving on," He said before anyone could answer.

He lead them inside the base. walking with his hands behind his head, ignoring any conversation that might be going on behind him, unless directly spoken to. Finally, he took them up a flight of stairs that lead them to the top of the reinforced walls. "This is the wall, yes, the very same wall that the man in office back in Kerstoria made to keep out their neighbors from the South," There was a great view of the area from the walls, and even better, the wall was lined with binoculars built into them. Wade looked through a pair, before grinning. "Oh, looks like Marcus and Heishi are leading newbies as well," He turned to the others, suddenly having a large stone in his hand. "Yo, look through a pair of binoculars and watch me nail the blue haired nerd!" He said. When everyone was positioned, he threw his rock with all his might. 

"Come down here and look at me like that, I dare you!"

“Hey Wilder! I would tell you to come up here and force me off this roof, but it appears that you have your hands full at the moment. As for you little missy, if you want a fight then duel me sometime. But I have to warn you, you’ll be crushed ‘cause I’m the best duelist here.” 

"Callisto Hawkins, Scaynan by birth. I have no love for Kestoria, so I'm fighting to help Valdria pick up what's left of Scayna before they can. I like to win, and then keep winning until I own whoever I've been dueling into submission." 

Haki shuddered a bit. He was surrounded by lunatics! He shouldn't have joined the damn army! But... he did want to meet his mom... Man, his life sucked at the moment. 

"You're an idiot... You've already lost. We've ALL lost... Because we're here. They cared about us so little they dumped us in the most useless part of the country. We are all losers." Dimitri stated. "Except me, anyway," he added, strolling up beside the wall of the fort, grabbing onto a ladder and beginning a leisurely climb up. "I've been planning to go AWOL the second I could, soooooo... See you idiots later, I guess. I'd offer to let you come with me, but I honestly can't really stand any one of you." He shrugged. "Any of you kids wanna say goodbye to 'ol Dimitri? Now's the chance." 

Haki decided to give a small wave goodbye. 

"Well, Maria didn't technically come back in one piece, did she?"

"One can still discern her screams at the quietest nights near Osborne gloomy basement. I dare you to leave... At least then we will have one less brat to care about".

"C'mon kids. Uncle Marcus gon' show you the barracks. And if we're lucky, Osborne'll hunt down Dimitri like a dog before dinnertime!"

"Huh" Heishi gasped suddenly "... oh" he chuckled "that would be a nice show before bedtime". Haki shivered a bit and just tried to stay as small and unnoticeable as possible. Draw no attention to himself...

Except a rock came out of nowhere, nailing him in the back of the head and causing him to fall face first into the ground. 

"HA! GOTCHA jabroni!" a voice yelled from the distance. Haki sighed. This was the worst day of his life.

"hello there Timzerothree, I look forward to being in this base with you. hahahaha, fully equipped to high five from any area, I see! My, what do you eat to get your skin so shiny and metallic looking though?"

TIM03 smiled warmly in that freakish, unnatural way that robots do. "I TOO LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU, LAST-NAME. ACTUALLY I AM AN ANDROID SO I DO NOT NEE- WHERE DID YOU GO?" When it turned around he saw the new friend speaking to Mister Wade and rationalised it must be keen to meet the staff.

"Now Sophie, you RELAX for once, that's an order. Be-SIDES, TIM03 will be with them, it'll be fine. Wade, be sure to take them into Hallcrest, show them around. Haaave fun, guys!"

If robots had saliva, it would of gulped heavily. Only trouble could come from this tour.  It knew Wade's sarcastic lecturer style of speech wouldn't give much chance to actually explain where the facilities were or what their routine would consist of. On the other hand TIM03 was half certain that Major Lightfeather didn't know their routine either.

"Any questions?" The android raised its hand to interject "No? Okay, moving on." It lowered its hand glumly.

As they began to walk TIM03 began to attempt to communicate the layout of the building to the new friends. Nobody was listening but that was okay, it knew that by espousing information it would come off as a knowledgable and approachable friend who could be looked up to and used as a kind advisor for those who needed it.

"Yo, look through a pair of binoculars and watch me nail the blue haired nerd!"

Finally, Wade was doing something agreeable. TIM03 turned to the address crowd once the 'blue haired nerd' had been successfully 'nailed'.

"I ASSURE YOU THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT VIOLENCE IN FORT GOLDENROD. HOWEVER THIS IS NOT VIOLENCE IN FORT GOLDENROD, THIS IS VIOLENCE IN FORT FLOE. NOW IF YOU WILL FOLLOW ME I WILL LEAD YOU TO YOUR DORMITORIES SO THAT YOU MAY PUT DOWN YOUR BELONGINGS BEFORE OUR ADVENTURE TO HALLCREST." And with that it grinned, turned and made its way down the stairs again to allocate dorms to the new friends. When they reached a hallway of sturdy white doors with keys hanging off them, TIM03 turned yet again to give instructions to those who hadn't made the mistake of sticking too closely to Wade and lagged behind.

"MALES ON THE RIGHT, FEMALES ON THE LEFT. IT IS TWO PER-ROOM AND YOU ARE FREE TO 'BUDDY UP' WITH ANYONE OF THE SAME GENDER. YOU NOW HAVE TEN MINUTES TO SPEAK AMONG YOURSELVES, FIND YOUR FAVOURITE FRIEND TO BE A ROOMMATE, PUT DOWN YOUR BELONGINGS AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE WE LEAVE."

youFRvU.png?1

Mark was a bit on the confused side as the man seemed to bear hug both him and the other girl that was with them, and seemed to be weeping. It was at that point that Mark looked over to the girl who asked about fish and he simply said, "yes, I did say fish. Do you have the 3 of Clubs?" It was at that point that it registered what Wade had said, to which Mark said, "non-dueling? Well, my fine medical practitioner of ocular rodentology allow me to co-" however his attention was then drawn to the statement of the man who had wanted to start moving along. "Yes, if there is any crazy ranch, dip or sauce here it would be much appreciated to see where that is." He then had a look of deep thought cross his face as he muttered, "I wonder if they have chips here." 

With that done, the Teacher Doctor had started to show them around the place. Wade had started speaking about the place, and apparently how it was an area of complete abstinence, except in regards to Sophie who apparently gave them out. But because everyone else here was abstinent it seemed to not matter any. Though, that might explain why she seemed to be a bit on the grumpier side of things. "Interesting," the boy mused to himself. It was then that they were presented with a wall. Now, Mark had seen a fair deal of walls in his time. In fact, he had seen some today, not two seconds ago. But this wall took the cake. Probably. It seemed pretty similar to most other walls, at least in terms of function. In fact he was unsure what made this wall more special than other walls, but damn was it a wall. Wade had then tossed a rock all the way to the other base, or at least attempted to. Sadly, unless the rock was capable of faster than light warp drive technology it would not reach. Though, Wade had seemed spirited enough to believe he struck the man, and thus Mark simply laughed a hearty laugh and said, "good rock!" 

After a bit more traveling, Timzerothree had eventually lead them to a split where they would be partnering up with others to find dorms. Mark understood perfectly what had to be done and thus looked over to another male that was with them. Seeing the man who had made note of the crazy ranch earlier, he walked over to him and pointed saying, "you there! You seem to know your way around snacks, you also need a roommate. So how about being mine?" Before the male could answer, Mark then immediately followed up with, "by the way, I won't take no for an answer. So thanks! Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He then let out a hearty, "hahahaha!" as he reached up and slung his arm around the man's neck. Walking towards the dorms, attempting to drag the man along with him, he said, "man, we're going to be the best roommate for the days to comes! Maybe even months, or years, or an eternity. Hahahaha!"

"Do you need to use the facilities, dear? Bit of a bad time for a strike of the old Red Baron-" Lora didn't quite get what Lightfeather was talking about, and thankfully Braves took the Captain's attention before she could think about it anymore. Lightfeather was... Unusual, but like she said, they were gonna get along nicely.

Lora froze up when Wade approached her. "Come find me when the sun goes down. I got the stuff," Was cat food that bad on the fort? It was a good thing she brought some with her, but getting more may be a problem. Wade left her alone and proceeded to give everyone a tour while TIM03 pointed out important points of the fort.

After a bit of an incident with Wade and tossing a rock in an attempt to hit the neighboring enemy soldiers, TIM03 got everyone's attention for their dorms. "MALES ON THE RIGHT, FEMALES ON THE LEFT. IT IS TWO PER-ROOM AND YOU ARE FREE TO 'BUDDY UP' WITH ANYONE OF THE SAME GENDER. YOU NOW HAVE TEN MINUTES TO SPEAK AMONG YOURSELVES, FIND YOUR FAVOURITE FRIEND TO BE A ROOMMATE, PUT DOWN YOUR BELONGINGS AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE WE LEAVE."

Lora would prefer a room to herself so that nobody could learn about her special package, so she quickly made her way to a room without chatting with anyone.

"Can we keep them, Cap? Timmy, Sophie, and I will take good care of them!"

"Woo! Taking care means food right? Cause I may be getting a tiny bit hungry actually."

"yes, I did say fish. Do you have the 3 of Clubs?"

"As a matter of fact..." Hana reached her hand into the small pocket that was on the back right side of her shorts. She pulled out a single playing card. "Is...this your card?" She said, presenting Mark with what was, in fact, the 3 of Clubs.

Teach proceeded to give a rundown of the place they were to be living at. Evidently it was a carefree place. Hana liked it already. It seemed like a place that she could really live as she wanted. Which was funny in retrospect given what it was meant for.

"This is the wall, yes, the very same wall that the man in office back in Kerstoria made to keep out their neighbors from the South,"

She couldn't muse on the irony for long as they were now on the wall and Teach was telling them more things. She would be the first to admit she was only barely listening, and had no idea why he threw a rock, but it was probably something interesting and wise. "Gee that's great, Teach!" She said.

Hana proceeded to move forward, kick off her shoes, climb up the parapet, and stretch her arms out wide as a breeze came in. She started to giggle as the wind caused her hair to tickle against her face. "It's such a nice view up here guys!" She shouted behind her, grinning from ear to ear. She spun around once, surprisingly keeping balance, laughing all the while.

"Hellooooooooooooooooo other fort!" She waved wildly, despite the fact that there would be no way for the others to see or hear her.

It wasn't long before, again, they were moving to another portion of the fort. TIM03 had moved on while she was enjoying her view and she went after him, lagging behind, while taking in the sight of the fort's interior.

"FIND YOUR FAVOURITE FRIEND TO BE A ROOMMATE, PUT DOWN YOUR BELONGINGS AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE WE LEAVE."

"Can I be Teach's roommate!?" Hana exclaimed as she finally caught up.

Jack fought back the urge to laugh as he watched Victoria try to climb the ladder to the roof, while Ian tried to pull her off.

"Will you please CONTROL yourself, Petrov?"

"He thinks he's better than me!" Victoria yelled, kicking Ian in the chest and sending him sprawling. "I don't deserve to be here... I have to prove to Colonel Kemper I'm worthy to be on the front lines!" She turned her eyes back up to Jack, and they were filled with fire. "I'll take apart every idiot in this Fort if I have to."

"Well," Ian croaked out, grabbing at her ankle and jerking her back to ground from his spot where he had fallen, "I'm afraid that's disorderly conduct, Petrov... I'll have to issue you a warning."

"How did someone like him get to be a Lieutenant in the VALDRIAN army, anyway?" Victoria hollered up at Jack, clearly exasperated.

“Honestly? I don’t know. Maybe his parents are filthy rich or something. After all, he’s too much of a wimp to have got his position legitimately,” Jack yelled down, before looking straight at Ian.

“That’s right! I called you a wimp! You’re the type that would run away from a battle, and yet you’re a lieutenant?  I mean I could believe you got your position legitimately if you’re like old Rustblood and used to be some kind of brave warrior, but I HIGHLY doubt that.” Jack said all this while keeping a cocky grin glued to his face.

yOfb0na.png

How the hell...how the hell did this guy even make the shot? Something like that probably needed a sniper rifle to be done...but Wade did it without a problem whatsoever. Then again, Leonard wasn't exactly caring at this point.

"MALES ON THE RIGHT, FEMALES ON THE LEFT. IT IS TWO PER-ROOM AND YOU ARE FREE TO 'BUDDY UP' WITH ANYONE OF THE SAME GENDER. YOU NOW HAVE TEN MINUTES TO SPEAK AMONG YOURSELVES, FIND YOUR FAVOURITE FRIEND TO BE A ROOMMATE, PUT DOWN YOUR BELONGINGS AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE WE LEAVE."

Finally, least the robot here was doing the better job of doing anything productive. "Fantastic." Leonard said, already walking away...except he was immediately stopped. He had this Mark kid now pointing at him...

"You there! You seem to know your way around snacks, you also need a roommate. So how about being mine? By the way, I won't take no for an answer. So thanks! Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Leonard let out a groan as Mark slung an arm around his neck, as the two walked off. "Son of a jabroni..."  he murmured to himself, before looking over at Mark and just gave off a stern look. "Leonard Davis. Just going to throw out a few things...don't bug me constantly, don't try and be a team killer, and just know I may look I don't care much...letting you know...it is just that." he sighed and put his bag on the bed and glanced at Mark again. "Give it a week though, and I might remember your name. If I remember it faster, your an exception to that."

tXdiqQN.png

"You're an idiot... You've already lost. We've ALL lost... Because we're here. They cared about us so little they dumped us in the most useless part of the country. We are all losers. Except me, anyway. I've been planning to go AWOL the second I could, soooooo... See you idiots later, I guess. I'd offer to let you come with me, but I honestly can't really stand any one of you. Any of you kids wanna say goodbye to 'ol Dimitri? Now's the chance."

"I don't recommend doing that~! After all, the last person who deserted Fort Floe...well, Maria didn't technically come back in one piece, did she?"

That sounded like the kind of story Callisto was interested in hearing. She'd have to ask about this Maria girl when she had the spare time. Was it punishment for her abandoning the place? Did they just happen to find her that way? What a mystery!

"C'mon kids. Uncle Marcus gon' show you the barracks. And if we're lucky, Osborne'll hunt down Dimitri like a dog before dinnertime!"

"That would be a nice show before bedtime."

"It would," Callisto agreed. "But we can watch later when it happens. For now, please, show us the barracks." Callisto wanted to see where she'd be staying during her time in Fort Floe. She wanted to know who - if anyone - she'd be sharing a room with, and see any nooks and crannies of the place she hadn't seen before. And she definitely wanted to see the basement you could allegedly still hear Maria's screams in. There was so much to see here, and here these old coots were saying this was the rock-bottom stop. Nonsense! The freedom, the ability to duel Kestorian scum as she pleased, it was wonderful! Callisto could get used to this place.

"Alright, and right this way," Marcus gestured as he lead the group, "Are the barracks. Men there, women there... Drop off your stuff, make the place a little more cozy, whatever. But once you're done that, I'm taking you newbies into Hallcrest and showing you around!"

Marcus couldn't help but feel a slight sense of nostalgia. He could remember easily when he was new to Fort Floe. He'd shown up all bitter and angry about his reassignment, but quickly realized that everyone was bitter and angry here, and decided to give the place a little life! And now look at him. Leading newbies around and showing them places, messing with them, taking them into town... Ah, what a long strange trip it's been.

x393wz.jpg

NAviTHT.png

x393wz.jpg"Alright, and right this way," Marcus gestured as he lead the group, "Are the barracks. Men there, women there... Drop off your stuff, make the place a little more cozy, whatever. But once you're done that, I'm taking you newbies into Hallcrest and showing you around!"

"I will pass" said Heishi, "one of us must report these brats behaviors to Major Osborn after all". He winked at Marcus and made a salute gesture while leaving the gang. He went to their room, closed the door, and laid on his bed. "What a day", he whined, "I better go and give my report to Major Osborn" he yawned... "After a nap" ...

x393wz.jpg

Heishi ...

Ooo Heishi

My Heishi, my poor Heishi...

Are those the runts you are willing to sacrifice your blood for? You couldn't even free yourself

*in the middle of nowhere - a sky painted with blood - eternal screams and pain - His comrade, Marcus, and the newbloods, were hanged, suffocating*

NO! LEAVE THEM ALONE! I WILL ... I WILL DO WHATEVER IT-

But what does Berthy think about the whole situation? huhuuh!

WHA- No... Who is.. I'm not ... I'm ...

*in all of a sudden, the entire background disappeared- nothing but darkness, then, two red giant silhouettes emerged*

W h a t    a    d i s a p p o i n t m e n t    o f    a    s o l d i e r

x393wz.jpg

"I'M NOT" Heishi woke up, sweaty, panting and gasping... shivering "DAMMIT..." he grabbed his scarf, and shed a tear "I must... end this... I will free them all" he whispered in a shivered tone, different than his usual strong HEISHI voice tone.

Out of the blue, he get up like if he was daydreaming "What!" .. he touched his cheek "Crying?" ... "The f***?!" he said, confused.

"OH, it must be the allergy, I told Marcus that those pillow were suspicious" He got out from his bed, rushed to his drawer and changed his sloppy clothes into something more formal. "Time to give my report".

x393wz.jpg

Dimitri's lip curled as Marcus lambasted him, and he snorted in disgust at Heishi and Callisto. "Idiots," he muttered under his breath as they walked away, swinging his legs up over the crumbling wall of gray stone to hang off the other side. "I'll show them... I'll get out of this hellhole. Rustblood doesn't have the stuff to chase me down. I'm out of here."

He pushed himself off the wall, catching himself easily on the crumbling brick he used as handholds until he reached the ground safely, before turning and sprinting away from the Fort, towards Hallcrest.

- - - - - - -

"Showing around the new recruits, eh, Slilson?"

The light in the dorimtory area was dim, but it wasn't bad enough that they couldn't see the towering man walking down the hallway towards them. Height he had in spades, being at least 6 feet and four inches, though his thin body made him look a bit like a grinning lamppost, topped off by a blonde head of hair. His green eyes twinkled as he bent down, grinning at the group.

"Howdy, guys! Name's Balthazar Jones. You can just call me Balthy, though; Everybody does." He patted TIM03 on the shoulder, a telltale metallic thunk happening when he did. "Hey buddy, how are those capacitors doing? Not too clunky, I hope. I room with TIM03 here... I'm engineer round these here parts, I keep him in good condition- Oooooh, and I'll have to do the same with THOSE." He seemed very interested in Lora's mechanical legs, crouching down to get a better look at them, catching her before she went into a room.

"These are some quality work here," he said admiringly, looking up and grinning at her. "How fast can you run in these?" He looked over at Wade. "I hope you aren't leading these poor kids astray, Wade. Where's Sophie, anyway? Or the Captain?"

- - - - - - -

Osborne sat, dull-eyed, as Heishi stood at attention before him, delivering his report. To the news of Viktoria trying to fight Jack, he sighed, thinking about how he would have another troublesome duelist to deal with. Callisto's reported enthusiasm drew a verbal sigh from him. And then there was also Heishi's rther odd personal request mixed in there. But there was one piece of news that had Osborne reach up and pinch the bridge of his nose, taking a deep breath.

"Is there a reason in particular you thought it would be a good idea to just... LET Private Ramazov go AWOL?" He looked at Heishi with a frown, not his normal one he carried around with him every day; this was very clearly one of great displeasure. "Do you know how much Kemper is going to ride me for a transfer booking it day one? Correction: How much Kemper is going to ride YOU and MARCUS for a Private booking it day one?"

He reached over to a box on his desk, hitting a button on it with an outstretched finger. Intercoms buzzed on across the base, even in the gloomy, cramped living quarters where the rest of the soldiers were now. "Everyone meet me in the vehicle bay," Osborne grumbled into the intercom, his voice barely comprehensible over the old, shabby system. "Ten minutes."

He removed his hand from the button, turning his cold gaze back on Heishi. "Now, before we go, tell me... This request of yours. Why should I grant it when you showed so much diligence in the soldier we have to track down?" Though his voice was still as monotonal as usual, it somehow wielded the sarcasm with expert effect.

- - - - - - -

"Corporal Blaze, that is NOT helpful!" Ian yelled up at Jack, flustered and sounding like his feelings were very much hurt as he finally pulled Viktoria off the ladder, the girl giving him one last defiant shove before leaning petulantly against the wall, arms crossed. "Now I told you, get off the-"

Ian was interrupted by a sudden force knocking into Jack's back, pushing him over the edge of the Fort. His fall was quickly halted, however, as a hand grabbed hold of his ankle, leaving him hanging half off the building, half on. The tall, dark-haired young woman responsible rolled her eyes, looking unimpressed.

"I think you have something that BELONGS to me, Blaze," she snapped, reaching forward into one of Jack's pockets with her free hand, quickly pulling out a cluster of the cards he had been admiring earlier. "I thought as much," she muttered, looking them over. "You DID take one of mine. Sneaky little prick."

"Corporal Pendleton!" Ian barked, looking frantic. "Get Blaze back up on that roof, it's dangerous to do that!"

"He's got one of yours as well," she replied dryly.

"What?! Blythe, give it to me! Jack, you... UGH!" Ian shouted in frustration.

He was cut off from further shouting by Osborne's intercom message. Blythe looked up in puzzlement, before yanking Jack back onto the roof.

"Looks like it's your lucky day," she said sarcastically, walking towards a ladder down as she tossed Ian's card off the side, letting it flutter down to him. "Don't let me catch you in my things again, Blaze."

x393wz.jpg

2umDX2j.png

x393wz.jpg

- Osborne office -

"Is there a reason in particular you thought it would be a good idea to just... LET Private Ramazov go AWOL? Do you know how much Kemper is going to ride me for a transfer booking it day one? Correction: How much Kemper is going to ride YOU and MARCUS for a Private booking it day one?"

"Sir, I have to admit that we have underestimated him, we didn't thought he might have the guts to go AWOL" Heishi halted, "But do not worry sir" he firmly closed his fist "I will track him down, like the dog he is, and bring him back to your feet".

Osborn reached over to a box on his desk, hitting a button on it with an outstretched finger. Intercoms buzzed on across the base, meanwhile Heishi fixed his gaze on the window behind Major Osborn. The morning sun was brightening, pigeons were flying across Scayna bluish empyrean "it must be nice outside today"... another daydream ...

"Everyone meet me in the vehicle bay - Ten minutes."

"huh.." Heishi gasped, awakened by Osborn's shabby voice.

"Now, before we go, tell me... This request of yours. Why should I grant it when you showed so much diligence in the soldier we have to track down?"

"Sir, I don't have the right to ask remission since we made a fatal mistake" Heishi lowered his head "But, about him, I can sense that he has great potential, but he suffer from an utter lack of initiative" Heishi made a respect gesture "Sir, I will make him a real soldier, someone who we can rely on" he raised his head "not a disappointment of a soldier..."
x393wz.jpg

- Barracks -

"Oi Marcus" Heishi yelled from distance, waving "New orders from Major Osborn!" he activated his Duel Disk "Gather the newbloods," he said while making the creepiest grin ever "we are going on a dog hunt".
x393wz.jpg

Lora was just about to head into her room when she was stopped by the engineer of the fort it seemed. She froze up when he stopped her despite him just complimenting her mechanical legs.

"These are some quality work here," he said admiringly, looking up and grinning at her. "How fast can you run in these?" It took her a minute to even process this question before she answered. "U-uh... As fast as a cheetah... Now please excuse me." With that said, Lora bolted into the room she chose and shut the door behind.

She let out a big sigh of relief as she sat at the edge of the bed. "Alone at last..." She set her bag down and unzipped it. "It's safe to come out you two." All by herself, Lora was able to open up luggage and from it she pulled out two little cats, a black one and a white one each wearing a red collar. She cuddled the two cats and laid down on the bed, happy to be out of the air.

Marcus' expression seemed delighted.

"Wait, WE get to track him down? OH HELL YES!" He pumped a fist in the air. "I thought he was too chicken, but this is SO much better!"

He pulls out his deck and fans through the cards, counting off his Main and Extra Deck. "Perfect, I've got all of 'em. I'll get the newbies! We're meeting in the vehicle bay, right?" Without waiting for an answer, Marcus rounded up the ladies and Haki and explained the situation with the biggest grin on his face.

Locking his own, more compact Duel Disk on his arm, he couldn't help but shiver at the poison running through him. Duels got him riled up, but hunting down AWOLS? That's a whole new level of fun. "We get to track down and pummel Dmitri into submission. I didn't think he'd call my bluff, but it looks like Osborne actually wants us to track him down. Man, I don't know whether to hate Osborne anymore. If this keeps up, I don't think I'll be able to!

No one had answered her proposal to share a room with Teach. But that was nothing compared to the tall man who had suddenly appeared. There were so many new people here! And they were all so friendly! It really WAS like those training camps her parents talked about all the time!

Wait. The new person had pointed out that other girl and Hana, for the first time, finally realized she existed. She wasn't ignoring her by any means but the girl was certainly one of those who lacked presence. Her parents told her of this too. Hana briefly wondered if the girl could use her hair as a rocket just like that one character her mother was particularly fond of.

WAIT NO SHE IS LEAVING. Hana bolted forward and knocked on the door. "Waaaait new friend we need to do introductions!" She spun around suddenly and faced the engineer with a serious expression. "...How fast is a cheetah?" She asked.

Her stomach then grumbled. Seemed that she was getting hungry. "And where is the fish? I'd like to eat...now." She asked this of the man who had mentioned fish before, Mark.

youFRvU.png?1

As Mark had continued to pull his new roommate along, the man spoke up. Introducing himself as Leonard Davis, as he continued to list off a few things about himself Mark realized something. This man, Leonard, was quite weird. But, that didn't matter any to Mark. So what if his roommate was a bit on the strange side? That just meant he probably didn't have many friends, and Mark was an expert at being people's friends. As his comrade then talked about how he had trouble with remembering people's names, Mark seemed to reach an epiphany. "Oh, well if you have trouble remembering names, then I, Mark Last-Name, will continue to say my name, Mark Last-Name. If I, Mark Last-Name, do that enough then you are sure to remember my, Mark Last-Name's, name, Mark Last-Name. Hahahahaha!" After he let out a jovial fit of laughter Mark continued to pull the man towards the dormitories, assured that he had made this man's day by being truly friendly. 

Jack was enjoying Ian’s reaction, up till he felt somebody push him off the roof.  But suddenly, his fall was stopped as somebody grabbed his ankle. Looking at the person, Jack smiled as he recognized who it was. It was Blythe Pendleton, and she did not look happy. "I think you have something that BELONGS to me, Blaze," she snapped, reaching forward into one of Jack's pockets with her free hand.

“Hey now! What are yo-“ Jack let the sentence trail as he saw her pull out a bunch of cards, the cards that Jack had stolen, to be exact. ‘Ah, crap.’

"I thought as much," she muttered, looking them over. "You DID take one of mine. Sneaky little prick."

"Corporal Pendleton!" Ian barked, looking frantic. "Get Blaze back up on that roof, it's dangerous to do that!"

"He's got one of yours as well," she replied dryly.

"What?! Blythe, give it to me! Jack, you... UGH!" Ian shouted in frustration.

He was cut off from further shouting by Osborne's intercom message. Blythe looked up in puzzlement, before yanking Jack back onto the roof.

"Looks like it's your lucky day," she said sarcastically, walking towards a ladder down as she tossed Ian's card off the side, letting it flutter down to him. "Don't let me catch you in my things again, Blaze."

“Oh don’t you worry, you won’t!” Jack said with a smile, as a drop of sweat fell down his forehead, “In fact, I wasn’t stealing your card at all. I was just borrowing it for a quick minute so I could compare some of my cards with it.”

As Blythe left the roof and was out of sight, Jack let out a sigh of relief. That was close, very close, and he wasn’t thinking about the almost falling off the roof part. He was thinking about the almost being in trouble for stealing part. But his luck had come through in the form of Rustblood’s message and hopefully, the whole stealing incident would be completely forgotten about.

Speaking of Rustblood’s message, Jack had to get to the vehicle bay, now.  So Jack left the roof and caught up to Blythe, following her to vehicle bay.

yOfb0na.png

"Oh, well if you have trouble remembering names, then I, Mark Last-Name, will continue to say my name, Mark Last-Name. If I, Mark Last-Name, do that enough then you are sure to remember my, Mark Last-Name's, name, Mark Last-Name. Hahahahaha!"

Leonard stared at the young man, blinking a bit before rolling his eyes and shaking his head. Why do I get stuck with the weird ones? he thought, doing his best not to grumble at this point, although every fiber of his being was wanting him to.

"Listen kid..." he started, before rubbing the bridge of his nose some. "I'm gonna ask if you drop the happy attitude down a few notches for a while. That and possibly learn a little bit about sarcasm. Cause my last sentence there regarding names was sarcasm." He shrugged before making it over towards his bunk and laid down on it, throwing his hands behind his head slowly.

There's still a bit of time before we HAVE to leave. So maybe I can at least rest a little bit. Leonard thought, closing his eyes some. One thing he hated about the military...besides the military itself: the constant air travel they had to go through. He literally felt like he had jetlag every time he flew.

tXdiqQN.png

"We get to track down and pummel Dmitri into submission. I didn't think he'd call my bluff, but it looks like Osborne actually wants us to track him down. Man, I don't know whether to hate Osborne anymore. If this keeps up, I don't think I'll be able to!"

Talk about a first mission Callisto could get behind. When she'd been rounded up along with everyone else, she figured perhaps it would be some boring formality of some sort, but instead Marcus was giving them a mission that Callisto couldn't stop thinking about. Track down the runaway, beat him into submission...or was it duel him into submission? One of those. Callisto was going to enjoy this either way. The girl glanced down at her Duel Disk - never letting it be far from her side as a duelist, let alone a Valdrian solder - glad that it would get to see some use this soon. Although, she would have rathered the first mission involve dealing with Kestorians instead of some runaway.

"Then we should get going as soon as possible," Callisto suggested, clearly enthusiastic about the upcoming mission. "The sooner we get to Dmitri, the better."

Man, what a tough crowd. Wade literally threw a rock across a town and nailed a person inside of a fort, and yet, no one thought it was cool. They were either pretending or very blanently not caring. Maybe he should beat up the biggest one and assert his dominance. 

"I ASSURE YOU THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT VIOLENCE IN FORT GOLDENROD. HOWEVER THIS IS NOT VIOLENCE IN FORT GOLDENROD, THIS IS VIOLENCE IN FORT FLOE. NOW IF YOU WILL FOLLOW ME I WILL LEAD YOU TO YOUR DORMITORIES SO THAT YOU MAY PUT DOWN YOUR BELONGINGS BEFORE OUR ADVENTURE TO HALLCREST." 

"Well said, Timmy, well said," Wade said as he wiped his eye of an invisible tear. "That boy is growing up so fast," 

"Can I be Teach's roommate!?" Hana exclaimed as she finally caught up. Wade looked over, and said to her.

"Alas, my dear child, that can not be done. For not only do we have different things in-between our legs, my roommate is the Maple Syrup Man. So that bunk is taken," It seemed she got too impatient for his answer though, as she ran off to talk to someone else. Ah well. 

"Showing around the new recruits, eh, Slilson?" Wade stretched as another mmber of the fort introduced themselves to everyone. "Howdy, guys! Name's Balthazar Jones. You can just call me Balthy, though; Everybody does." He patted TIM03 on the shoulder, a telltale metallic thunk happening when he did. "Hey buddy, how are those capacitors doing? Not too clunky, I hope. I room with TIM03 here... I'm engineer round these here parts, I keep him in good condition- Oooooh, and I'll have to do the same with THOSE." He seemed very interested in Lora's mechanical legs, crouching down to get a better look at them, catching her before she went into a room. "These are some quality work here," he said admiringly, looking up and grinning at her. "How fast can you run in these?" He looked over at Wade. "I hope you aren't leading these poor kids astray, Wade. Where's Sophie, anyway? Or the Captain?"

"First of all, I'm offended you would even hint that I would lead such pure children astray. I'm just showing them the ways of the fort," Wade stated. "Also, totally nailed a blue haired nerd in the other fort. That was fun," he sighed to himself as he watched Balthy geek over Lora's legs. "My god dude, if you're going to stare, at least take her to lunch first," He commented. "As for Sophie and the Captain... well, Captain's drinking, and she forced Sophie to take a break. So she's probably stalking us," He looked at his wrist, thinking to himself before looking up, tapping his foot.

After a few minutes, he yelled. "Alright, time's up! Time to go to town! Gather up and let's go!"

Haki was quiet this entire time, and he descided to stay that way. Apparently, they had to chase down Dmitri, which made sense, really. At the very least, Haki was good at running. He just never ran in an attempt to catch someone. Keeping his distance from Callisto, because by god she was terrifying, he waited for Heishi and Marcus to lead the hunt.

Ignoring the question which he had already explicitly answered by stating there was to be no mixed gender dormitories, TIM03 found itself turned around by everyone's surprise at seeing best friend Engineer Officer Jones 

"Hey buddy, how are those capacitors doing? Not too clunky, I hope. I room with TIM03 here... I'm engineer round these here parts, I keep him in good condition-"

"YES, THEY ARE WORK-" it didn't get to say much more before Jones went off to admire the mechanically legged friend. "Oooooh, and I'll have to do the same with THOSE."

TIM03 resigned itself to helping with the final move of bags in to rooms while the others spoke.

"As for Sophie and the Captain... well, Captain's drinking, and she forced Sophie to take a break. So she's probably stalking us," TIM03 turned to a nearby patch of darkness and stared into it.

"Alright, time's up! Time to go to town! Gather up and let's go!" A few seconds off the mark but good enough.

"COME WITH US, BaLtHY" The pronunciation was unnatural even by the standards of its glued-together sentences, but it was the though (or computation) that counted.

"THE MORE THE MERRIER, KNOWING WADE WE'LL BE VISITING THE CARD STORE FIRST IN HIS FUTILE SEARCH FOR SQUIRREL-RELATED MONSTERS. I'M SURE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO FIND SOMETHING THERE TO MAKE UP FOR THE COMPLETE LACK OF TECHNOLOGY YOU USUALLY HAVE ACCESS TO."

It started walking alongside Wade and cheerfully waved for everyone present to follow, except the shadow. The shadow could stay put and follow orders.

"A cheetah, eh?" Balthy asked, looking interested even as Lora closed her door. "Seventy miles an hour right there," he confided to Hana. "Might be hard to maintain them with the gear I've got," he called through the door eagerly, "But I'll do my best!"

He turned back to Wade and TIM03, chuckling a bit at Wade's antics. "No wonder TIM's so eager for me to come along," he joked, patting the robot on the shoulder jovially once more. "Sure, buddy, I'll come along... Maybe find you some material to patch up your vocal synthesizers. Still having a bit of trouble abbreviating words in your data banks, huh?"

"Jeep's still busted," he said apologetically to Wade as he walked along the corridor, assisting TIM by knocking on doors to signal to everyone it was time to head out. Leonard in particular took some coaxing, though Mark seemed nothing but enthusiastic. "Maybe they'll finally have a carburetor in today, though I'm not gonna hold my breath. We'll have to walk in. Don't worry, guys," he assured everyone as Cooper, emerging from a room, let out a cry of distress. "It's only just under a mile into Hallcrest, nice, easy walk. We'll get a bite to eat, maybe some nice FISH, actually... It'll be great!"

- - - - - - -

The vehicle bay of Fort Floe was more of a glorified garage. Only large enough to fit three jeeps, the soldiers of the Fort at least had enough room to stand around due to the fact it only held the one that higher-ups had deemed necessary to give them. Dingy and sparse, it was obvious that the bay was as under-equipped and maintained about as much as the rest of the place.

Osborne stood with crossed arms before the metal pull-up door that led to the outside, Ian standing nervously at his side. Viktoria stood bad-temperately beside Callisto, while Blythe leaned against the far wall, watching the proceedings with a hooded gaze. It wasn't until all the soldiers that had gone with Marcus and Heishi filed in that Osborne began to speak.

"Everyone in the Fort assembled? Good. We don't have a lot of time. Now listen, everyone," he went on, sounding tired and very annoyed. "How we do things at Fort Floe is, if you make a mistake, you fix it. While the weight of this particular mess weighs heavily on Corporals Heishi and Black..." he trailed off here, shooting daggers at both Heishi and Marcus. His face looked like a bad-tempered thundercloud. "... I blame all of you as well." His eyes swept over first Haki, then Callisto. "As soldiers of Valdria, you should have done your best to prevent him from leaving. At the very least so I don't have to deal with the damn paperwork."

He sighed irritably. "You'll also be accompanying Marcus and Heishi into Hallcrest. Find Dimitri, bring him back. I don't care how you do it, just don't cause any trouble." This last bit seemed to be particularly aimed at Callisto. "I don't know how you were trained at your last postings, but we have a very explicit arrangement with the citizens of Hallcrest. We do not cause them any more trouble than we have to." He glanced around the bay. "Those who did NO let a fellow soldier just walk away from the line of duty... You are excused from this exercise." Ian sighed with relief, while Viktoria turned to leer at Callisto.

"Day one and you're already a screwup among screwups," she laughed. "How does that feel?"

"Lieutenant Wilder, Private Petrov, Corporal Pendleton, and Corporal Blaze will remain here, as backup," Osborne went on, Viktoria's face falling at the sound of her name. "The Jeep will be under their use, so they can reach you more quickly. The rest of you will have to walk."

It was at this point that Blythe acted. Moving away from her spot, she reached forward, placing a hand on Jack Blaze's back, pushing him forward forcefully. "Corporal Blaze volunteers to assist," she said simply by way of explanation when Osborne looked at his in uninterested confusion. "Consider it payback for earlier," she muttered in Jack's ear as she returned to her spot, the threat of she would tell Osborne if Jack protested left unsaid.

Osborne barely acknowledged the exchange. It was pretty clear he didn't want to get into it. "Fine. Blaze will accompany them. Brief them on the details, Ian," he said, turning and walking from the bay, leaving the stammering Ian behind yet again to cover his tracks.

"Well, um, alright... There's only one way out of Hallcrest without Dimitri hitting ocean, forest, or mountain," Ian said worriedly, pointing to a torn map that was up on the wall. "Skybreak Pass, here. He's not likely to try that way on foot, so he's probably going to try and find a way onto the Hallcrest train, which leaves only once a day, in..." he looked at his watch, frowning. "One hour and seven minutes... Not a lot of time. Best get to it, you guys. Marcus!"

He ran up to Marcus, looking worried. "Listen, just radio me on your Duel Disk if... things get out of hand, okay?" He said the word 'if' with a grim knowledge that it was more of a 'when.' "We'll be right there in a few minutes, PLEASE don't let this be a shitshow." He looked doggedly at the door Osborne had exited, flinching at the squealing hinges as Blythe threw open the metal pull-up door, ushering everybody out into the sunlight. "I don't know what Major Osborne will do if we don't track Dimitri down. I don't know what KEMPER will do." He sounded legitimately terrified, and was shaking like a leaf.

"Heishi!" Osborne had poked his head back in, frowning. "If you don't return Dimitri here, I'll consider you personally responsible. That goes for any actions of Privates Han AND Hawkins as well. Make sure they're under your supervision." He looked grim. "But if you're successful... I'll grant your request regarding Private Han." He exited once more, slamming the door with a bang.

The ragged meadow that stood between Fort Floe and Hallcrest stretched before the group, with one pinprick of movement on the far end; Dimitri's thin body as it ran into the gaggle of village buildings.

- - - - - - -

"I told you, Soph, NOTHING bad is gonna happen," Balthy spoke into his Duel Disk radio assuredly, the unconvinced face of Sophie looking back at him from the screen. "We'll just show them all around, no big deal. It'll be fine."

"It better be, WADE," she said, raising her voice to be sure Wade could hear her.

Balthy rolled his eyes good-naturedly as he slipped the Duel Disk away, hoisting himself over a fallen log as Fort Goldenrod shrank behind them, the rooftops of Hallcrest coming into clearer view as the group walked with some difficulty through the long unkempt grass of the large field that separated the town and the fort. "You guys will love Hallcrest. Not like the big cities back home. It's... kind of quaint and quiet. It's delightful, though Wade doesn't like it. The Captain pretends to, but she's not a fan either. Not enough excitement around here for her, though she usually finds a way to make some."

"Like shooting at her own team?" asked Cooper, looking to Leonard for backup on this one. "This guy gets me, right?"

Balthy shrugged. "She is... a mite divorced from reality, yes." He looked again at Leonard, then blinked in realization. "Oh right, you must be the one Sophie told me about... She reads all the transfer files and she was nervous the Captain might make you mad. You the, um... 'Team killing...' You that guy? Sophie REALLY DID try to stop the Captain from shooting at the ship, didn't wanna set you off, we're real sorry bout that."

Archived