Yu-Gi-Oh! Trivial Wars [IC/PG16/Not Accepting]

~Faytl~

yOfb0na.png

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

Leonard, after trying to rest his body a little bit, finally got up from the bed and moved out of his room, running into a conversation that followed.

"You guys will love Hallcrest. Not like the big cities back home. It's... kind of quaint and quiet. It's delightful, though Wade doesn't like it. The Captain pretends to, but she's not a fan either. Not enough excitement around here for her, though she usually finds a way to make some."

"Like shooting at her own team? This guy gets me, right?"

Apparently Cooper had been engaged in a conversation with an individual known as Balthy. He only shook his head and slid his hands into his pockets. "Won't lie, Cooper here is right." he said bluntly. "I've already dealt with enough individuals shooting at their own damn team, so I prefer NOT to have anymore." As Leonard finished this, this prompted Balthy to direct his attention to him.

"You must be the one Sophie told me about... She reads all the transfer files and she was nervous the Captain might make you mad. You the, um... 'Team killing...' You that guy? Sophie REALLY DID try to stop the Captain from shooting at the ship, didn't wanna set you off, we're real sorry bout that."

Leonard sighed heavily, shaking his head. "I'm the one who beat the hell out of said team killing..." he inhaled and exhaled quickly, not wanting to start a tangent or anything like this. However, he only shrugged some. "Well to be frank, it sounds like this Lt. Fenson of yours actually has her head on right."

Did he care if he threw out a bit of shade out towards the staff at the base, aside from Balthy? Absolutely the hell not.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lora turned to her head when she heard the knocking on her door. "Waaaait new friend we need to do introductions!" It sounded like that Hana girl, too bad Lora was trying to get things suited for her cats, Sol and Luna. She had just gotten done putting the kitty litter down for them when Wade called for everyone to gather up. She put some food out for the two cats and kissed their heads before leaving her room.

The fort was a good distance away before Balthy addressed the group. "You guys will love Hallcrest. Not like the big cities back home. It's... kind of quaint and quiet. It's delightful, though Wade doesn't like it. The Captain pretends to, but she's not a fan either. Not enough excitement around here for her, though she usually finds a way to make some." That was clear when she was trying shoot the transport ship out of the sky.

With some time on their hands before they arrived at the town, Lora walked beside Hana. "Sorry for not answering you, I was... Trying to get my things settled in my room. My name's Lora." she said with a friendly smile.

"Sorry for not answering you, I was... Trying to get my things settled in my room. My name's Lora."

Hana had been trying to not focus on anything for the past several minutes. So the sudden statement was jarring. The trip had started out very well for the young lady. She was taking in the sights, stopping every few feet to check out a strange rock, or flower, or just to stare at the sun for a while before laughing about being blind and walking around with her eyes closed for a while to recover.

Her mood steadily dropped and she mentioned how hungry she was more frequently. Her stomach growled and she realized she was reaching the point of no return when the other girl spoke to her.

Hana turned slowly to her potential friend. "....I'm Hana. Look do you...have food? I really need food. Like, really really, not fake really, but actually truly really. Pronto, stat, ASAP."

Ian ran up to Marcus. "Listen, just radio me on your Duel Disk if... things get out of hand, okay? We'll be right there in a few minutes, PLEASE don't let this be a shitshow. I don't know what Major Osborne will do if we don't track Dmitri down. I don't know what KEMPER will do." Marcus felt a little bad for the guy. He looked afraid for his life.

"Ian, Ian, IAN." He put his hands on the other man's shoulders. He smiled warmly and spoke in a low voice. "It's going to be fine. This was the whole plan. Dmitri leaves. We find Dmitri. We stop Dmitri from getting on the train," He looked utterly ecstatic as he wound up the end of his sentence.

"And we break him into itty-bitty pieces. It's gonna be great-- hell, I'll record the fight so you guys can watch it later!" He lockedhis compact Duel Disk onto his arm and checked his coat for his cards. Satisfied, he ran for the town and gestured for the others to follow. "Let's MOVE it people! NO TIME TO LOSE!" Despite his words, the soldier seemed absolutely giddy about the whole thing.

x393wz.jpg

67rcAXY.png

x393wz.jpg

"Heishi!" Osborne had poked his head back in, frowning. "If you don't return Dimitri here, I'll consider you personally responsible. That goes for any actions of Privates Han AND Hawkins as well. Make sure they're under your supervision." He looked grim. "But if you're successful... I'll grant your request regarding Private Han." He exited once more, slamming the door with a bang.

"SIR!" Heishi made a salute gesture "I won't fail you, SIR!". Osborne exited once more, slamming the door with a bang.

"Let's MOVE it people! NO TIME TO LOSE!" Marcus screamed. Heishi noticed that Marcus seemed absolutely giddy about the whole thing. "One cannot expect the moves of that lazy brat" said Heishi, while softly pinching Marcus cheeks "The train... do you really think that he would go there" he rubbed his forehead "that what a normal person would do, but him..."

Heishi halted, as the ragged meadow that stood between Fort Floe and Hallcrest stretched before the group, with one pinprick of movement on the far end; a thin body as it ran into the gaggle of village buildings. "... someone get me a scope...".

He took a look, and chuckled "It will be easier than we thought" he said to Marcus. Heishi then put a card on his Duel Disk, his shadow got darker and thicker. "LET THE HUNT BEGIN!" Heishi screamed while making a leading gesture to the group.

While the group was advancing, Heishi got closer to Callisto and Haki "Both of you, stay close to me".

x393wz.jpg

youFRvU.png?1

Mark wasn't quite sure what the man meant by taking his attitude down a "few-notches." He wasn't acting particularly happy. No, he was just being polite and trying to assist the man in his problem with remembering names. However, since his roommate was a rather odd fellow and Mark knew that telling an oddball like him directly wouldn't do much of anything he simply, "very well then Lionard! Like an old person trying to measure their against a wall, consider me a few notches down now!" The two then remained in the room and spent a bit more time there before they were eventually retrieved by another member of the army. As it turned out, they were all moving to go into a nearby town, for purposes Mark was completely unsure of. Nevertheless, he followed along with fervor to see just what grandiose adventurers they would come across in this brave new world they were venturing off into.

As they made their way over, the Balthy fellow had been speaking to Mark's roommate, saying something about how he was prone to being triggered by the concept of "Team Killing." Mark simply laughed at the discussion saying, "oh come now, that was merely her way of saying hello to us. Like if you had a live wire attached to your metal door knob or a sack of bricks loaded above a door to fall when opened. Merely harmless fun that we all can bond over later!" After saying that he then thought aloud, "oh but hers was far more explosive then any greeting I've ever received before. Perhaps I should try that out next time I visit home, I'm sure they'll love it. Hahaha!" 

"AAAAAAH, Gerroff!" Marcus' legs kept trying to move forward for a moment, but gave up as he head was towed back.  "Look we can't be certain he won't either. You can take the newbs and make sure he's not going by foot, but I'M going to check the train station. I can handle him if he's there. We'll radio each other if we find him."

Producing a card from his pocket as he ran forward, he activated his compact Duel Disk, the straight, rectangular blade unfolding stiffly like a drawn sword. "Back in the saddle. Nightmare Engine Siderodromos, RISE!" He slapped the card down onto the bladeThe sound of a train horn and a swirling black portal ripped through the air behind him, and a night-black train swept past and screeched to a halt, the young man jumping onto the front of the train and pointing ahead. "Go!" He commanded simply.

The front of the train, shaped like a beastly skull and adorned with long black spikes that curved wickedly, opened and roared as it reared up like a snake and then shot across the ground. The train had no wheels, but rather, rode on a trail of flames that left the earth beneath it untouched.

As the train rocketed forward, the wind whipping through Marcus' hair, he took a few extra cards out of his deck and tucked the remainder into his pocket. He was going to have fun with this.

"I told you, Soph, NOTHING bad is gonna happen," Balthy spoke into his Duel Disk radio assuredly, the unconvinced face of Sophie looking back at him from the screen. "We'll just show them all around, no big deal. It'll be fine."

"It better be, WADE," she said, raising her voice to be sure Wade could hear her.

"Oh, you worry too much, Sophie. I promise that no one will die. Today,"

"You guys will love Hallcrest. Not like the big cities back home. It's... kind of quaint and quiet. It's delightful, though Wade doesn't like it. The Captain pretends to, but she's not a fan either. Not enough excitement around here for her, though she usually finds a way to make some."

"Like shooting at her own team?" asked Cooper, looking to Leonard for backup on this one. "This guy gets me, right?"

Balthy shrugged. "She is... a mite divorced from reality, yes." He looked again at Leonard, then blinked in realization. "Oh right, you must be the one Sophie told me about... She reads all the transfer files and she was nervous the Captain might make you mad. You the, um... 'Team killing...' You that guy? Sophie REALLY DID try to stop the Captain from shooting at the ship, didn't wanna set you off, we're real sorry bout that."

"I'm not, in fact, I tried to help her find a better vantage point," Wade butted in. "After all, if you were all dead, you wouldn't have to suffer in this meaningless world where everyone is obsessed with a child's card game," His voice got low and serious for a second, before snapping back to his normal personality. "Anyways, you all are gonna love Hallcrest. So many things that are... things... and... stuff. funk, I dunno," Wade stated as he walked, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "This place is hell, and you have to make your own fun," Wade then snapped his fingers. "Hey, Timmy!" Wade called out to the robot. "Do me a favor! I won't be returning to the base at the same time as you all! Tell the Captain I'm not abandoning my post, but going on a 'Valdrian info raid'," he stated. "We both know she loves it when I sneak into those suckers' base and mess something up,"

"Let's MOVE it people! NO TIME TO LOSE!"

"One cannot expect the moves of that lazy brat" said Heishi, while softly pinching Marcus cheeks. Haki was really confused right now, but he would keep it inside. One thing that really was confusing him was why did he have to come along? What, because one guy goes off on his own meant that Haki had to go out chasing him like some dog? He really wanted to say something... but he knew he didn't have the spine to do it. He would just follow along, like a good solider. "Both of you, stay close to me"

"Roger that, sir," Haki stated as he proceeded to follow Henshi.

"Hey, Timmy! Do me a favour! I won't be returning to the base at the same time as you all! Tell the Captain I'm not abandoning my post, but going on a 'Valdrian info raid'. We both know she loves it when I sneak into those suckers' base and mess something up," Wade called from a few paces ahead.

"THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN" It stopped to search for a suitably positive adjective. "IDEA. WHY DON'T YOU BRING A NEW FRIEND WITH YOU? THE SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY IS OPEN FOR TODAY, I'M SURE THE MAJOR WILL NOT EVEN NOTICE THEIR ABSENCE." The squirrel god raised a finger in protest.
"THEN IT IS SETTLED. IT WOULD DO YOU GOOD TO MAKE COMPANIONS OF OUR NEW FRIENDS. I'M SURE AT LEAST ONE OF THEM WILL BE A HELPFUL AID TO YOU."

It turned around to look at the new friends. They were not walking in a line, it was no wonder they did not succeed in the military. However such behaviours could be learned. TIM03 realised that it still knew none of the names of its friends and approached the jittery one next to the cyborg one it had pretended to not see holding a cat earlier. "IS SOMETHING WRONG, FRIEND? YOU APPEAR DISTRESSED. I APOLOGISE FOR THE MAJOR'S ACTIONS EARLIER BUT YOU WERE IN NO DANGER. IS THER ANY WAY WE CAN EASE YOUR DISTRESS?"

Calculations predicted another twelve minutes until arrival at Hallcrest. They also predicted that approximately 563040 things could conceivably go wrong in that time. The number of things that could go wrong when they reached Hallcrest was still in calculation, but it wouldn't be small. It rationalised that it's not a matter of when, only a matter of what. By calming a distressed ally that what could be decreased in scale.

At least that was the theory.

Jack kept silent as he watched Rustblood say his spill. ‘So basically, screw-up Heshi and screw-up Marcus screwed up and let screw-up Dimitri escape from the base,’ he thought, ‘And because of this, all the other screw-ups have to go with the screw-up Marcus and the screw-up Heshi and bring the screw-up Dimitri back.’

When Jack heard he was gonna be staying at the base as back up, he smiled. After all, since he was one of the best duelists there, it only made sense that he should stay at base as back-up. However, his happy feeling soon disappeared when Blythe pushed him from behind. Not expecting this, Jack stumbled forward before he got his footing and looked over his shoulder at Blythe.

"Corporal Blaze volunteers to assist," she said simply by way of explanation when Osborne looked at his in uninterested confusion. "Consider it payback for earlier," she muttered in Jack's ear as she returned to her spot.

Jack was about to say something to her, but decided it would be best to keep quiet. He had to admit that Blythe was clever. But whatever, Jack didn’t mind joining the screw-up search party that much. At least he would get a chance to show the other Valdrian’s who was on top. Rustblood barely paid any attention to what happened with Blythe and Jack and simply just accepted that Jack had joined the search party, before quickly leaving and making Ian tell the instructions. Jack listened to half of what Ian had to say, only hearing that Dimitri might try to go for the Hallcrest train. ‘All I have to do is bring some runaway screw-up back to the base? Child’s play.’ Jack thought with a smile.

Next thing Jack knew, it was time to go. As Jack left the vehicle bay with everybody else, he noticed that Blythe was holding the door. A cocky smile appeared on Jack’s face as he reached Blythe. “Hey Blythe, after I bring this screw-up back to the base, maybe I can take you to dinner sometime?” Jack asked quickly before exiting out of the open door.

Already he saw some of his fellow Valdrian soldiers spiriting ahead. He even spotted Marcus as he summoned some kind of train and rode it as it rocketed off to town. Already Jack could see that he was better than them.

“Hey amateurs!” Jack yelled out as he equipped his duel disk, “Don’t you know that if you’re trying to track somebody, the most effective way to do it is to get an aerial view?” As his duel blade unfolded, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a card, placing it on the duel blade. In an explosion of fire, a really large falcon with red and black feathers appeared. The falcon’s tail and wings were on fire, but they weren’t burning, nor did the bird seem to be in pain. Gracefully, Jack climbed on the falcon’s back and pointed upward. “Fly Blaze Falcon! Find that screw-up!” Jack commanded and the falcon flew up swiftly, heading for town. ‘I got this mission in the bag,’ Jack thought cockily.

x393wz.jpg

POEXDY0.pngx393wz.jpg

"AAAAAAH, Gerroff!" Marcus' legs kept trying to move forward for a moment, but gave up as his head was towed back by Heishi. "Oh, Sorry" Heishi withdrew his fingers from Marcus' cheeks "you were saying?" he said, chuckling "Look we can't be certain he won't either. You can take the newbs and make sure he's not going by foot, but I'M going to check the train station. I can handle him if he's there. We'll radio each other if we find him." "PERFECT" said Heishi, while giving a thumbs-up to Marcus.

He pulled a second card from his deck, as both Callisto and Haki approached him. "Now, you-" “Hey amateurs!” Jack yelled out as he equipped his duel disk, “Don’t you know that if you’re trying to track somebody, the most effective way to do it is to get an aerial view?”

As his duel blade unfolded, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a card, placing it on the duel blade. In an explosion of fire, a really large falcon with red and black feathers appeared. The falcon’s tail and wings were on fire, but they weren’t burning, nor did the bird seem to be in pain. Gracefully, Jack climbed on the falcon’s back and pointed upward.

"Oh" Heishi sighed "Reckless Jack is here...anyways" he checked on Callisto and Haki as both of them were behind him as he ordered them "Perfect range" he smiled as he flipped the monster he set at the base, "Rise from the shadows, my Banished Tormentor" a muscled purple skinned humanoid monster manifested from his shadow, he then activated the card he pulled "Bewitching Synchronized, ACTIVATE!" the monster then merged with Heishi's shadow again, seconds later he surfaced right beneath him and the newbies, Heishi tighten up his shoulders around them, "hang on" he said as the monster kept rising beneath them growing until it becomes a giant 20'ft tall monster. Heishi and the newbies were clinging on the monster's shoulders as it advanced racing to the city.

So Marcus will head to the train station, narcissistic Jackie will scout aerially covering wide areas, while me and the newbloods will investigate the city on ground for a more detailed search he thought as he grabbed a third card however, Major Osborn insisted on not causing any troubles he petted the giant's shoulders and of course not bringing any unnecessary attention he sighed well i guess I'm just using my monster as a transport medium, can't go through the city with him ... like if I could ...
"So far so good" he said as he set the card he grabbed.

"Don't worry fellas, we got this", Heishi said, smiling to the newbies.

x393wz.jpg

tXdiqQN.png

"Both of you, stay close to me."

"Got it." The hunt was on. Callisto and co. were here to hunt Dmitri down, although she had to admit, she wasn't exactly ecstatic about having to stick close to Heishi. Not allowed to cause trouble for the locals? What a joke! As if a handful of ragtag soldiers from Fort Floe could do anything to a Scaynan town that Kestoria hadn't already done to the nation. From the shoulders of Heishi's monster, Callisto looked onward to the town. It had probably seen better days, but all things considered, it looked pretty cozy. Guess they haven't stopped hanging in there. Or maybe the memo about Scayna falling didn't reach this backwater town? Whatever the case, it seemed the general consensus was that Dmitri would be headed for the train station.

Callisto had always wanted to ride a train, but it seemed that would have to wait. There were people to hunt.

"Don't worry fellas, we got this."

"Of course we do. You have me on your side." Callisto couldn't help but wonder what would become of Dmitri? Interrogation? Torture? Definitely not execution; that didn't seem like something the lazy major would bother with. Turning her head toward Heishi, Callisto asked "What will we be doing with Dmitri once we bring him back anyway? A slap on the wrist and a scolding seems too lenient, doesn't it?"

Blythe's middle finger and Ian's unconvinced grimace were all the farewell the Valdrian soldiers received as farewell on their way out to the manhunt. As Heishi advanced his monster across the plains toward Hallcrest, they would spy a small vehicle hurriedly jetting out from the city streets. Rumbling roughly over the uneven ground of the meadow, the car was small, pristine white, with red stripes along its curved surface. It made for a somewhat comical sight, the small, quirky vehicle bobbing up and down as it drove up towards them, swerving and turning to drive beside them.

"Er... You alrightup there, Heishi?" called the portly man sitting at the wheel, sweating nervously as he took in the great beast that was transporting the soldiers to the city. He wore a resplendant suit with a great red bow tie and a top hat that threatened to dislodge and tumble from his head with every bounce of the car. He reached up, worriedly working his bushy gray moushtache as his eyes took in Jack overhead. "And Corporal Blaze as well... Is there a, uh, spot of bother, I suppose?" 

His voice was pointed, anxious, and he was looking at Heishi with wide, worried eyes. His companion, however, was just the opposite, looking positively mutinous. A small girl, who couldn't have been much younger than the soldiers they were talking to, the dark-silver-haired girl was glaring up at them as she sat languidly in her seat, her relaxed posture the complete opposite of her petulant face.

"Hey, you idiots, listen up!" she yelled at them, shaking a fist as she kneeled on her seat, blue-green eyes filled with raging fire as her short hair whipped in the wind. "My dad's the damn mayor here, you do what he says, got it-"

"Kimikoooooo," Mayor Yoshi Hatekayama interrupted quickly, his eyes flying to the giant beast the soldiers were riding. "Now now now now now, there's no need for any of this... unpleasantness. I'm sure Corporal Heishi and his group have plenty of reason to... drive a giant warbeast in towards the city, don't you?" he called up hopefully to Heishi and the others, Kimiko settling down irritably in her seat and fanning herself with the fancy harisen she carried. She shot a dirty glare up towards Jack as he flew through the air.

- - - - - - -

Balthy blinked as he took in Mark's reply. "... You sure you and the Captain aren't related?" he asked, chuckling as he patted Leonard on the back. "It's alright, Len, it's not... ALWAYS this exciting around here. God knows we don't get out much from the Fort unless we need to. Heck, we haven't even engaged- What the heck is that?" he asked, squinting into the distance. "Wade, you seeing this?"

Balthy was peering towards the northeast end of Hallcrest. Winding around towards Skycrest Pass was a giant metallic shape, fire dancing around the bottom of it. "Train usually goes north, right... Not to the east, where there aren't any tracks, right?" he asked pointedly, hopping up on a tree stump to try and get a better look. "The heck IS that thing?"

He looked down from his stump at the others, concern in his face. "That trip might need to wait, Wade. We need to get into Hallcrest. Now. Something's going down in there, and I think the Valdrians are doing it." He sprinted forward, closing the remaining couple hundred feet to the town border in short order. "Come on!" he yelled, waving for the others to follow him into the cobblestone streets. "Let's head for the town square: Dead center, you can't miss it!"

- - - - - - -

Breathing hard, Dimitri bolted around a corner, sprinting down the cobblestone street, past various townspeople who watched him tear past with little interest. Dimitri was cursing under his breath. He had wasted so much time trying to find a boat along the coast, and he was punching his own hand in frustration.

"Gotta... get... away..." he panted, weaving through the marketplace. He saw a sign pointing towards the "Hallcrest Train Station," and he ran in that direction. Thoughts of the looming figure of Ironblood rattled around in his head.

"Damn!" he cursed, as he looked down an alleyway. It extended out into the edge of town, and he had caught a glimpse of the same train that Balthy and the kestorians had spotted. Even from here he could just barely make out the form of Marcus on the train.

"... Crap!" he swore, realizing it was going in the same direction. He turned, sprinting back into the center of town. He needed to hide, yes, that was it... They couldn't seach for him forever.

- - - - - - -

The wind whipped at Marcus' hair as his train trundled around Hallcrest. The woods stretching to his right, Hallcrest to his left, he was making pretty good time, and would likley be at the train station in just a few minutes.

That was, only if he wasn't waylaid. 

There was something standing in his way; a wooden cart, pitched to the side on a splintered wheel. Painted across the side of it were the words "Duel Monsters - Wares and Strategy Guides Aplenty!" in bright blue across the polished cedar. Crouched down in front of the wheel was a small young woman, her shoulder-length black hair pulled back as she frowned at the wheel thoughtfully, her deep blue eyes narrowed.

The approach of Marcus' train caught her attention, and she looked over her shoulder, straightening up and waving a hand.

"Ah, Marcus," she called in greeting, pointing to her cart. "Don't suppose you can give me a lift back into town, could you? You seem to... have plenty of room," she observed, taking in the massive train. Leiko Kotodara spoke with a quiet, relaxed tone Marcus would know her well for, her pale face looking between Marcus and his train. "There some reason you're in such a great, steaming hurry?"

Marcus sighed. He had no qualms with Leiko. But by his standards, they were far from close. The same could be said for anyone, but it bore repeating with her. Just, not to her face. Or anyone who spoke to her. Regardless, he had room, and he might as well give the people of Hallcrest a good impression of himself, if not the Valdrian Army in general.

The Nightmare Engine ground to a halt and Marcus jumped off with a grin. "Leiko! Good to see you-- Look, I'm kinda tracking down a runaway new guy? I don't have time to chat. But I can bring you to town, no problem. Here, I'll just uh..."

He sifted through his Deck until he found a card. "Here they are. Nightmare Engine Agora!" He slapped the monster onto his Duel Disk blade, and a row of 6 androids, made of sleek black metal, filed off the train and performed a flawless Valdrian salute. "Agora! Get this cart onto Siderodromos!" Marcus barked, and the machines went right to work.

"C'mon, Lei!" The soldier jumped onto the train again, grabbed a handle, and offered his other hand to the lady. 

Something something something something. Something weird in the town. Something about Valdria. Something Hana gave no shits about.

Why didn't anyone answer her? Were they all idiots or something? What the hell was wrong with them? Couldn't they hear THAT DAMN GROWLING IN HER STOMACH?

Well fine if they weren't going to pay attention to her she didn't need their crap.

She growled and pushed everyone in her way aside, purposefully moving in a direction that would force her to knock at least one person over. "SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME FOOD RIGHT THE HELL NOW!" She shouted as she went towards the center of the town. She was angry and SOMEbody was about to feel the rage of her hunger. One way or another.

Her sudden shift of personality would be clear to anyone who so much as glanced her way earlier and it would be clear that she wasn't the same person as she had been mere moments ago.

"....I'm Hana. Look do you...have food? I really need food. Like, really really, not fake really, but actually truly really. Pronto, stat, ASAP." If Lora had actual cat ears they would be twitching right now, Hana acted like she really was starving. "Hmmm... Uhhh... Hang on I may have something..." Lora started rummaging through the pack around her shoulder, surely she had something on her, a granola bar or bag of trail mix at least.

She looked up after hearing TIM03 address her and Hana, well Hana specifically. "IS SOMETHING WRONG, FRIEND? YOU APPEAR DISTRESSED. I APOLOGISE FOR THE MAJOR'S ACTIONS EARLIER BUT YOU WERE IN NO DANGER. IS THER ANY WAY WE CAN EASE YOUR DISTRESS?" Lora continued to look through her pack as TIM spoke. "I'm sure it's just that she's hungry... Don't worry, Hana, I got you-"

"SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME FOOD RIGHT THE HELL NOW!" Lora let out a cat like cry as Hana pushed right past her in blind rage, was she really that hungry!? Hungry or not she was running right towards where Balthy saw some trouble brewing in the town, that wasn't good at all. "Nya.... Hana wait!" Lora sprinted past the others to try and stop Hana.

yOfb0na.png

iU8EggM.png

"It's alright, Len, it's not... ALWAYS this exciting around here. God knows we don't get out much from the Fort unless we need to."

Len? He had preferred if it was "Leo" if anything, but Leonard was alright with it, he supposed. However, there wasn't much else to say at this moment, until...

"Trains usually goes north, right... Not to the east, where there aren't any tracks, right?"

"Uh yeah." Leonard asked, with a heavy sigh. "What kind of dumb question is tha-" That's about the time he saw what Balthy saw. Although, his view of it was more obscure than Balthy's was. Indeed, it was a train...going in the wrong direction. "What the hell??"

"We need to get into Hallcrest. Now. Something's going down in there, and I think the Valdrians are doing it. Come on! Let's head for the town square: Dead center, you can't miss it!"

Ordinarily, Leonard would've questioned the order and mainly question if it was the Valdrians. However, seeing this little sight like this and seeing the concern on Balthy's face, he was positive that questioning this would've been bad. He turned around to move back into his dorm room and quickly grabbed his Duel Disk. Of course he had his deck with him at all times, but he knew that he needed to grab this now...especially if things got hairy.

This is turning out to be a weird little first day here... Leonard thought, moving as quickly as he could as he followed Balthy and the others. I don't even know what's going on anymore...

youFRvU.png?1

As Balthy had asked if Mark were related to the captain, the boy merely laughed saying, "oh heavens no! I've never met the lady in my life! Though," he seemed oddly pensive for a bit saying, "if we were that'd be quite amazing to have a hidden secret...sister? Cousin? Aunt? I'm not really sure how old she is. But that matters little! Haha!" It was at this point that the group had managed to get their way into Hallcrest proper, only for Balthy to then point out something on the horizon to grab their attentions. Mark wasn't entirely sure what the giant flame dancing metal thing was, but he definitely knew that it was something that he didn't know what it was. Which meant that it was up to him to figure out just what it was! As the group began to walk towards the center, it was at this point that the girl that had aided him in Go Fish earlier seemed to start bolting towards the  center of the town with great gusto and hunger! "Yes, that's the traveler's spirit at work! Onward to the local diners and adventure my fellow soldiers. RAAAAAAA!" His yell sounded incredibly melodramatic, more like he was just making noise for the sake of matching the girl's spirit rather than actually trying to convey any sort of feeling. 

Need to find that food. God these fools were absolutely useless. She was going to find the first thing of food she could and take it. She didn't care if she had to take candy from a baby. She was....

"Nya.... Hana wait!"

Hana stopped suddenly, and if the other girl had kept going she might just run into her back, and looked back with a dark expression. Her voice trembled as she leaned in towards the girl, locking eyes with her and glaring with the intensity of a hundred suns. "What. Do. You. Want? SPIT IT OUT AND STOP WASTING MY TIME!"

It seemed like she stopped Hana in time and skidded to a halt so that she wouldn't crash into her. "Hana... I was just about to-" Before Lora could explain anything, Hana slowly turned around and gave Lora a frightening look, almost like she was gonna hurt her or something. "What. Do. You. Want? SPIT IT OUT AND STOP WASTING MY TIME!"

Lora's peppiness seemed to drain in an instant, she hated being scolded, if she had cat ears they would've been flattened right now. "I... I just wanted to give you this..." She held out a bag of trail mix she had brought along for the trip, she shrank away after giving it to Hana and walked to the very back of the group.

x393wz.jpg

rLGBXRR.png

x393wz.jpg

"Let's go in the garden you'll find something waiting ♫ right there where you left it lying upside down"

"What will we be doing with Dmitri once we bring him back anyway? A slap on the wrist and a scolding seems too lenient, doesn't it?" Callisto asked Heishi "emm..." Heishi sighed "I would rather not think about it."

The group was advancing to the city, when suddenly, they heard a call "Er... You alrightup there, Heishi?" said a portly man, anxiously, sitting at the wheel of a... "hmm ... wha... is that... a car?" Heishi softly giggled, sarcastically... And yes indeed it was a car, a small one, pristine white, with red stripes along its curved surface, bobbing up and down as it drove up towards them. Heishi noticed that the men was sweating nervously as he was looking it at the great beast that was transporting him and the newbloods to the city.

"And Corporal Blaze as well... Is there a, uh, spot of bother, I suppose?"

Heishi halted "OH!" and suddenly nodded "... Mayor Yoshi ..." he smirked "sorry, didn't recognize you from up here", he tighten up his shoulders around the newbies, telling them to wave and smile, "me, the kids, and Blaze are going to make a visit to Hallcrest ..."

Heishi noticed a small girl sitting next to the mayor, with dark-silver-hair. She was glaring up at them as she sat languidly in her seat, her relaxed posture the complete opposite of her petulant face. "and who's that cute little girl!"

"Hey, you idiots, listen up!" she yelled at them, shaking a fist as she kneeled on her seat, blue-green eyes filled with raging fire as her short hair whipped in the wind. "My dad's the damn mayor here, you do what he says, got it-"

"Kimikoooooo," the Mayor interrupted quickly, his eyes flying to the giant beast the soldiers were riding. "Now now now now now, there's no need for any of this... unpleasantness. I'm sure Corporal Heishi and his group have plenty of reason to... drive a giant warbeast in towards the city, don't you?" he called up hopefully to Heishi and the others, Kimiko settling down irritably in her seat and fanning herself with the fancy harisen she carried. She shot a dirty glare up towards Jack as he flew through the air.

Heshi, cold as ever, death-glaring at the girl for a moment, "Well..." he sighed "I will be right back" he said to the newbloods and then jumped from the beast's shoulders and landed roughly on the Mayor's car with his 95KG muscled body, which result in the car to lose control.

"Owtch... that was rough" growled Heishi back in the backseats. He made a sullen look, spread his legs, and then proceed to explain while coldly gazing at Kimiko "Major Osborn gave us a mission to retrieve a traitor" he halted, pointed at his monster "I'm using this beast as a transport medium, once we're population-near, I'm returning him back to my deck, cause as you see", he then crossed his legs and continued, with a darker look and furious tone "my purpose is to reach Hallcrest as soon as possible, because time is precious ... and you seemed to be wasting our precious time", then he pointed at Jack, wide eyed and smiling ♫ Jack's monster will stay tho ♫ " he said in a singing childish voice.

He waited until the car got near to his monster, and then fiercely jumped from it and ended up hanging on his beast. He then started climbing. "Oh... Also" he turned his head toward the Mayor "any help will be much appreciated, Major Osborn will be pleased, AND the perks of it is you will get rid of us quickly".

x393wz.jpg

"I... I just wanted to give you this..."

Hana's eyes flashed as she practically pounced upon the offered bag of food. She opened it up and raised it above her head, tilting it into her mouth and noisily began to devour the contents of the bag.

As Hana finished eating the food her countenance changed entirely. The dark glower slipped back into a bright and slightly oblivious smile. Her shoulders relaxed. And her eyes shined with the excitement of adventure. "What's everyone being so slow for, there's something cool over there, let's go check it out!" She called cheerfully.

Looking around she decided to grab onto the nearest person, who happened to be Leonard, by the arm. Giggling the girl started to head for the center of town again, other arm outstretched as she half-ran-half skipped towards her destination. With the resident grump in tow.

• 3 weeks later...

Jack was enjoying his ride on Blaze Falcon as it flew about 40 feet higher than the head of Heshi’s giant. He was pretty confident that he would find the runaway screw-up first. After all, he had an aerial view and nobody else did. All he had to do was spot Dimitri, swoop down, knock the screw-up out, and then bring him back to base. Simple. Already, he was wondering if he was going to get a reward after he captured the runaway screw-up. Maybe Blythe would accept his offer to dinner? Well, her flashing the middle finger wasn’t really a good sign, but you never knew.

Looking at the city ahead, he noticed a car making its way towards Heshi’s giant. Jack found this a bit funny. After all, it was a car that was driving up to a GIANT that could probably crush it in stomp. From his mount in the sky, Jack could roughly see that two people were in the car but couldn’t tell they were. He could also slightly hear that the people in the car were saying something to. But what they were saying? He couldn’t tell, and he wasn’t gonna fly down to find out. He wanted to find and take down the screw-up as fast as he could. But those thoughts flew out of his mind when he saw Heshi jump from his giant and land into the car.

“What the hell?” Jack said to himself, “Is Heshi crazy or something? I mean, no surprise there if he is, but still. That’s just too crazy.” Now wanting to know why Heshi had done a death-defying leap, Jack had Blaze Falcon fly about 20 feet above the ground so he could hear what they were saying. From this height he could see that the two people in the car were Mayor Yoshi and his daughter, Kimiko. And he could see Heshi laying in the back seat with his legs spread out.

“. . .us a mission to retrieve a traitor" He heard Heshi say before he pointed at his giant. "I'm using this beast as a transport medium, once we're population-near, I'm returning him back to my deck, cause as you see", he then crossed his legs and continued, with a darker look and furious tone "my purpose is to reach Hallcrest as soon as possible, because time is precious ... and you seemed to be wasting our precious time", then he pointed straight at Jack, wide eyed and smiling  Jack's monster will stay tho  he said in a singing childish voice.

Yep. Heshi was definitely crazy. Jack had all the evidence he needed to prove that just by watching Heshi talk to the mayor. But whatever. That’s probably why Heshi was a screw-up in the first place. Jack then witnessed Heshi as he jumped back to his monster and hang from it for a second. Then he stared climbing up. . "Oh... Also" he turned his head toward the Mayor "any help will be much appreciated, Major Osborn will be pleased, AND the perks of it is you will get rid of us quickly".

“Hey Heshi,” Jack said as his bird flew past, “If you don’t mind, I’m gonna go ahead and capture a runaway screw-up. And if you do mind, I don’t care.” With that said, Jack looked over at Kimiko. “Hi Kimiko,” Jack said with a bright smile, “I have to say, you’re looking rather beautiful today. But sadly, I can’t chat. I have to bring a runaway screw-up back to base, but I’m pretty sure that teacher Heshi has already told you about that. So any-who, see ya later!”

With a snap of his fingers, Jack’s Blaze Falcon shot up in the air, its ever-on-fire tail burning behind it. Quickly it flew for the city. ‘Now all I have to do is look for a guy who looks suspicious and is really in a hurry. Simple enough.’

x393wz.jpg

rLGBXRR.png

x393wz.jpg

“Hey Heshi,” Jack said as his bird flew past, “If you don’t mind, I’m gonna go ahead and capture a runaway screw-up. And if you do mind, I don’t care.” and he flew away.

"Wait a second, lemme first se-..." Heishi turned around to communicate with Blaze, but then realized that he was already miles away. "Did he just ..." Heishi said in a shock, "HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW THE ESCAPEE LOOKS!!!" screamed Heishi with rage. "HOW DID HE BECOME A SOLDIER IN THE FIRST PLACE GODDAM&%#%?!$% F**#%$%" Heishi swore while ferociously climbing.

He finally reached his giant's shoulder, where he left the newbloods waiting "hey kids, miss me much" he said as he petted them. He then proceed operating on his Duel Disk, trying his best to conceal his rage. He enabled the communication interface and start scrolling down the contact list, "B ... B ... BLAZE ... k ... click here... swap this there ... check this ... and SEND," he sighed with relieve as Dimitri's file was successfully sent to Blaze.

The giant was rushing nearby the city, "Get ready kids, we're landing soon" Heishi said to the newbloods. He then stood up, smiling. He contemplated the cloudy sky above. He closed his eyes, mesmerized by the cold wind caressing his golden hair.

*inhales* he opened his eyes "Ḭ̹̠̦̞̱ ̫̫͍ w i̬̤͈̟̦ l͈̰̣̤ l ͈̥̠̬ g e̠̠̻ t̻͍̞ ͇̝̙y͈̞ o̫ ṳ̻̰ ̻̥n̮ o̙͈̭̝̲ ̯̪̝̭̟͎ m̠͎̙̲ a̪̪̙ t̫̼̠͖͚ͅ t̘̙̜̬ e̪͕̯̳̫̙ r͈̜͎̯̣̥̩ ̦͎͕ w̲̟̰͓͙̳ h a t̠̫͎̬" he growled furiously.

x393wz.jpg

A night-black train slowly came to a stop in the center of Hallcrest, carefully maneuvered not to hit anyone. Marcus disembarked and helped Leiko to the ground while his monsters took her cart off the train.

"So sorry I can't stay and help you some more," He sighed, "But I've got work to do, and only until the actual train leaves to do it. Will you be alright?" He asked, dismissing his gargantuan machine in a whirl of fading shadow and checking the time worriedly on his Duel Disk. He only had so much time, and while the people of Hallcrest did not directly support Kestoria, they were no more friendly to the Valdrian forces. Finding him would consume enough time as-is.

Unless he made an announcement.

Archived