Black Panther

Shradow

WAKANDAAAA!!!

It's actually got quite a lot for a teaser trailer. I really like the music and the scenery and stuff, this looks really good. Also, neat surprise to see Ulysses Klaue back. Honestly, I had forgotten that he didn't die in Age of Ultron. It makes sense that he'd be involved, though, given he did manage to get Vibranium out of Wakanda before.

• 8 months later...

The trailer looked dope and I liked the music. I saw Creed and I really liked the direction in that, so I think Coogler will probably do a great job with this movie. And this movie should help redeem another Human Torch actor!

[spoiler=I was right]

I'm stoked that this movie is doing so well in the box office and seeing how it's resonating with so many people. It made back its entire budget in 3 days I think it was and it's still going strong.

Killmonger was a great villain, you understood where he was coming from and the fact that T'Challa ended up sharing Wakanda with the rest of the world at the end shows he did have a legitimate point beneath his extreme approach.

I also liked how when the movie focused on T'Challa, they played African music with lots of beats and percussion. And when the focus was on Killmonger, the Kendrick Lamar stuff started playing. Subtle but very neat touch.

The supporting cast was killer, I mean wow. Klaue made a good back-up/secondary villain, the little sister's hilarious, Nakia and Okoye were kickass, I could go on really.

Ryan Coogler really does know what he's doing, I need to go check out Fruitvale Station and then keep up with his work going forward.

No movie's perfect and I'm sure this movie has flaws, but I'm hard-pressed to think of any. I really did enjoy this movie a whole lot. Maybe some flaws would be that the plot's predictable or that the action's not as on-point as MCU movies usually are, but those are minor nitpicks. Easily in the top 5 MCU movie for me, might even probably be top 3, I'm waiting for the hype to die down before thinking more on it. I feel a little bad though for people where hype ruins movies for them when they see it because this thing's hype levels are literally over 9000.

But yeah, this film had no interest in blending in with the crowd of superhero movies and made sure to stand out and it paid off beautifully. You got to go see it.

[spoiler=Awesome movie.]I also really liked the music shift with Killmonger, it was really neat. I also like how his scene of sitting on the throne was a repeat of T'Challa's except it started upside-down. He was a great villain, too, one of my favorites in the MCU. I'm sad he died. But his last words were so powerful, “Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from the ships, because they knew death was better than bondage.”

I agree, the supporting cast was great. Poor Agent Ross, he almost constantly felt out of place and a bit lost, it was so appropriate and fun. I thought Shuri's character being more modern than everyone else was pretty cool, I could tell the minute I saw her clothes when she first appeared. Being head of their tech development, making the joke during the battle ceremony, pulling out her whatever it was device to record T'Challa getting knocked on his ass, even using that "WHAT ARE THOSE" meme (which, along with the whole "sneakers" bit makes me think she's just bad at jokes). Okoye was just a straight badass, during the car chase scene what she did with her spear was so cool. I also really liked M'Baku, and seeing him in the end alongside the other tribe leaders when T'Challa retook the throne was great.

My favorite scene in the movie was definitely Killmonger's ancestral plane, though. Having it just be his dad's old apartment and the interacton between the two was fantastic.

One aspect of the movie that I really liked that was the mix of tradition and technology. Like, when the guys put up their cloaks and it formed abunch of energy barriers, that was just such a cool thing. And it led to just beautiful shots, I liked how vibrant things were when they were walking through the town and stuff and when all those people were lined up at the waterfall cliffs for the battle ceremony.

Archived