Aqua Story - Hymir

Bringerofcake

Aqua Story - Hymir

Normal Trap

If you have an "Aquaactress" monster in your Graveyard, and your opponent declares an attack: Special Summon 1 "Aquaactress" monster from your hand or Graveyard, and if you do, send 1 monster on the field to the Graveyard.

based on the myth of Thor fishing for Jormungandr, and Hymir cutting the line. Thor promptly threw Hymir overboard after the altercation, and that's simulated here by one of the Actresses "playing" both the sea monster and Thor, throwing "Hymir" off the field.

I might do more of these, they're kinda fun imo. Any suggestions for good sea myths?

I like the flavor behind the card. You really put thought into how it would work. In terms of the card itself though... It's fine I guess. It really doesn't do much that AAs couldn't do on their own and, on top of that it's a relatively insubstantial battle trap. Maybe you could tone it up to SSing an Aqua-type from the hand/grave and then send 1 card (instead of just monsters) in case you wanna trigger an Aquarium effect. Of course, doing so ruins the flavor a bit, but at that point, the card would be strong enough to see more solid use and possibly solidify AAs as being relatively splashable in other Aqua decks.

Unfortunately, though I love the sea, I don't know any sea myths, but I would very much like to see more of these myself. Good luck!

Archived