This Week in Stupid (11/06/2017) [Sargon of Akkad]

Hey look at that, the first thread in General since Dad left me in charge of the place :D

With that being said, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I kinda wanted to move this to either Debates due to the political nature of the video or Misc due to the one sentence besides that, and actually had to consult the man himself on what to do with this thread, but for now it'll stay here after we agreed leaving it be for now was the best course of action. Just don't be surprised if I move it to one section or the other depending on how the discussion - if any - in this thread develops. And on the note of the one-sentence issue, in the future, please if you're going to post a thread, give us some room for discussion instead of just a video and your current opinion of humanity. Even just explaining why in particular you were done would have been great, since it can get a discussion going.

As for the content of the video - to get on to the subject of the thread itself - I don't really have any take on Brexit or the shooter aside from the latter being...well, she's a real piece of work, to put it politely. Also, London's mayor doesn't seem to have his priorities straight, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's keeping an eye on the guys running around in his city, but keeping quiet about it so as to not alert them. Or something. I dunno.

Sargon of Akkad video? This definitely belongs in debates.

Normally I'd agree with you, but OP didn't really leave us any room to start a discussion besides posting the Sargon vid. I was giving this thread a day or so after the initial call to see if it would end up going anywhere, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Just gonna stick it in Misc for now. If the thread ends up getting some actual discussion going, I might move it back.

Gave this guy another go and my faith in humanity is more or less intact. Yeah there's the odd 1-in-100,000-or-so disturbed serial killer, but Sargon himself pointed out that in a different time/place he may well have found something else to work himself up and kill people about, as supported by serial killers having been around for a while. Yeah there're people from Syria in London who the government isn't necessarily spying on 24/7, but they aren't necessarily terrorists whether they've been in a warzone or not. We don't spy on our vets, despite many being armed, dangerous, and distressed. Yeah, stuff on the internet can be reported to the police, but for cases involving unsolicited publication of personal info and death threats among other instances of cyberterrorism beyond hurting someone's feelings it probably shouldn't be outside police jurisdiction. The "diverse bombing victims" thing was dubiously done and rightfully mocked as such, but taken in good faith was more an attempt at rallying solidarity for the victims and bereaved than leveraging deaths for left-wing talking points. 

Had a bit of a laugh at the "Sargon has made 3 minor errors ever" bit from the poor fanboy whose name Sargon erred in pronouncing after erroneously claiming he wouldn't attempt to pronounce it and erring at times in his recitation of said fanboy's adulation. My conclusion, love is blind. I don't fault Sargon for trivial semantic errors, but it's slightly more concerning that Sargon presents this as "objective analysis" and makes no effort to contradict it when it's demonstrably bullshit. It's telling of how much Sargon likes his own voice, which granted is soothing, pleasant, grounded, marketable, etc, but he's also human, which he wouldn't be if he'd made 3 minor errors ever in his untold hours of partisan griping. 

Hey look at that, the first thread in General since Dad left me in charge of the place :D

With that being said, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I kinda wanted to move this to either Debates due to the political nature of the video or Misc due to the one sentence besides that, and actually had to consult the man himself on what to do with this thread, but for now it'll stay here after we agreed leaving it be for now was the best course of action. Just don't be surprised if I move it to one section or the other depending on how the discussion - if any - in this thread develops. And on the note of the one-sentence issue, in the future, please if you're going to post a thread, give us some room for discussion instead of just a video and your current opinion of humanity. Even just explaining why in particular you were done would have been great, since it can get a discussion going.

As for the content of the video - to get on to the subject of the thread itself - I don't really have any take on Brexit or the shooter aside from the latter being...well, she's a real piece of work, to put it politely. Also, London's mayor doesn't seem to have his priorities straight, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's keeping an eye on the guys running around in his city, but keeping quiet about it so as to not alert them. Or something. I dunno.

I actually meant to post this in Misc. WTF

THanks for moving it, it was never supposed to be in General.

Archived