Black Luster Soldier Monsters

DarkMagician180

Hey,

So I started playing a BLS Super Soldier and while playing it I thought of 3 cards that the deck really needs to make it superb. So I drafted them up and I wanna know what you think.

So this first card is a Tuner

Black Luster Shield

Level 1/ Warrior/ Earth

Effect: When this card is Normal of Special Summoned you can send one "Black Luster Soldier" Monster from your deck to the Graveyard. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: add 1 "Beginning Knight" or "Evening Twilight Knight" from your deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Black Luster Shield" once per turn. 

I based this card off of Super Soldier Soul. I love the search effect of Super Solder Soul but having to ditch a BLS from hand to Grave for its effect is not so great. This card acts as a foolish burial so you can send your BLS - SS from your deck to Grave so you can ritual summon it with Super Soldier Synthesis. And then when you use this card to synchro summon a monster, you get one of the knights from your deck to hand. 

I made it so this card sends to grave rather than search so that it will be only used for the ritual monsters and not be able to search out Envoy of the Beginning 

BLS_transcendent.jpg

Next is the Synchro for BLS. Level 9 so a ritual plus the tuner makes this. 

Black Luster Soldier - Transcendent Soldier

Level 9/ Warrior/ Earth/ Synchro

Effect: WHen this card is Synchro Summoned you can activate one of these effects. (1) Return one Banished Light and one Banished Dark Monsters to the Graveyard. (2) Add one "Super Soldier" ritual spell card from your deck to your hand.

This card is great because it lets you recycle your knights. So if you banish them for either envoy of the beginning or for White Dragon/Black Dragon, you can send them back to grave to reuse them again. Or you can search out a ritual spell so that next turn you can ritual summon whatever ritual monster you used to synchro summon this guy back from your grave. 

BLS_gaia.jpg

Last is the Gaia Synchro

Stampeding Gaia the Fierce Knight

Level 8/ Warrior/ Earth/ Synchro 

Effect: When this card is Sychro Summoned you can add one "Black Luster Soldier" Monster from your deck to your hand. When you Ritual Summon a "Black Luster Soldier" monster, you can banish this card from your Graveyard as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon.

This card is based off of Galloping Gaia that lets you search when it is tributed but here it lets you search on summon. It also has Arisen Gaia's effect that has to do with the ritual material. What is good about this card is that any Gaia the Fierce Knight plus the tuner makes this and because it is level 8 it can serve as the enture tribute for a ritual summon so you don't have to rely on spherekuriboh. 

I think these could have a fix.

The Tuner I think should have an SS condition, such as "If this card is in your hand while you control 1 Level 4 DARK or LIGHT Warrior monster (not sure if there is a better way to group these guys): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, reduce the Level of 1 of those monsters by 1" this gives it speed and keeps uniformity with the rest of the Deck, namely that things end up in 8 (this also helps Synching with the Gaias who are Level 7, this way the Tuner works with everybody, while being thematically more adequate).

The First Synchro is extremely lackluster. If you follow my example above you can make this guy Level 8, 3000, 2500 and no issue. But do give it stronger effects, pretty please. Given you're working with LIGHT, DARK and even EARTH you could perhaps make it so it gains effs depending on the non-Tuner's attributes? That's an idea but not the only one.

This card also feels lackluster, not to mention that it feels wrong to have. I mean the Gaia of Synchros is the Level 6 one. Not sure we should truly have another one, just saying. Besides it should be better than what it does currently and have some adequate materials. Without that we cannot work anything at all.

This needs to be overhauled, so far it is just added more meh on top of the meh-ness, no offense but these cards are very weak.

3/10

I think these could have a fix.

The Tuner I think should have an SS condition, such as "If this card is in your hand while you control 1 Level 4 DARK or LIGHT Warrior monster (not sure if there is a better way to group these guys): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, reduce the Level of 1 of those monsters by 1" this gives it speed and keeps uniformity with the rest of the Deck, namely that things end up in 8 (this also helps Synching with the Gaias who are Level 7, this way the Tuner works with everybody, while being thematically more adequate).

The First Synchro is extremely lackluster. If you follow my example above you can make this guy Level 8, 3000, 2500 and no issue. But do give it stronger effects, pretty please. Given you're working with LIGHT, DARK and even EARTH you could perhaps make it so it gains effs depending on the non-Tuner's attributes? That's an idea but not the only one.

This card also feels lackluster, not to mention that it feels wrong to have. I mean the Gaia of Synchros is the Level 6 one. Not sure we should truly have another one, just saying. Besides it should be better than what it does currently and have some adequate materials. Without that we cannot work anything at all.

This needs to be overhauled, so far it is just added more meh on top of the meh-ness, no offense but these cards are very weak.

3/10

I appreciate your comments. However, I feel that if the tuner had an effect that allowed it to special summon itself and also had an effect that triggered on summon, it would be overpowered. 

I appreciate your comments. However, I feel that if the tuner had an effect that allowed it to special summon itself and also had an effect that triggered on summon, it would be overpowered. 

BLS.dek is pretty bad in fielding things, in resource-management and brick control, they could do with a few strong usable assets.

BLS.dek is pretty bad in fielding things, in resource-management and brick control, they could do with a few strong usable assets.

All ritual decks suffer from brick management. But then again cards that search are typically considered the strongest card type so is hard to make one that is balanced

Archived