Official ages of Yugioh Arc-V characters?

For a fanfic I'm writing I want to know the ages of some of the characters, namely Shun and Ruri, so I can write flashbacks. However I want to get them from a database for the Japanese anime if possible. Since in the dub Blair Flannigan (who was named Satome (sp?) Rei in the Japanese verison) was stated to be in 2nd grade during her season 1 appearance when in actuality she's only a few years younger then Judai [Jaden in the dub] originally and plot wise.

Well, we know for a fact that Yuya, Gongenzaka, and Yuzu are the same age, 14, and given that dimensional doubles appeared simultaneously, the Yu Crew and Bracelet Girls should all be the same age. Reiji entered the Pro Championship "three years ago", and if we assume he did so at the same age Yuya did, he's 17.

Given the way Ayu, Tatsuya, and Futoshi speak, and that they're entering the Youth Championship for the first time, I'd hazard a guess that they're 11.

Shun is Ruri's "older brother", so I'd hazard a guess that he's 15/16, because he just doesn't seem as mature as Reiji.

Recurring characters seem to be the age they were at at the end of their respective series, given design quirks- Jack/Crow are 20, Asuka and Edo look about 17, Kaito seems about 17/18. Side note, but the Marufuji surname is on one of the boards in the classroom Yugo crashed in Academia, so it's implied that Zane/Ryo and Syrus/Sho still exist in Arc-V canon.

Sora is harder to pinpoint, but judging by his holier-than-thou attitude regarding Edo and genuine distaste for Yuri, he's at the right age to have studied with them both, so I'd say 15/16.

Beyond that, idfk.

Reiji is 16. I remember because when this was first revealed/confirmed, I was surprised, because I pegged him at about 18. However, he is established to be a prodigy.

Kaito should be about 18, same as his age in Zexal.

Yuya/Yugo/Yuto/Yuri and Yuzu/Rin/Ruri/Serena are all 14. As dimensional counterparts, they should all be the exact same age.

I believe Sora is around 13, slightly younger than Yuya + co, but definitely older than the other 3 "kids", since he entered the Junior Youth tournament.

Shun is about 17. He's older than Ruri, probably by 2-3 years. 

Well, we know for a fact that Yuya, Gongenzaka, and Yuzu are the same age, 14, and given that dimensional doubles appeared simultaneously, the Yu Crew and Bracelet Girls should all be the same age. Reiji entered the Pro Championship "three years ago", and if we assume he did so at the same age Yuya did, he's 17.

Given the way Ayu, Tatsuya, and Futoshi speak, and that they're entering the Youth Championship for the first time, I'd hazard a guess that they're 11.

Shun is Ruri's "older brother", so I'd hazard a guess that he's 15/16, because he just doesn't seem as mature as Reiji.

Recurring characters seem to be the age they were at at the end of their respective series, given design quirks- Jack/Crow are 20, Asuka and Edo look about 17, Kaito seems about 17/18. Side note, but the Marufuji surname is on one of the boards in the classroom Yugo crashed in Academia, so it's implied that Zane/Ryo and Syrus/Sho still exist in Arc-V canon.

Sora is harder to pinpoint, but judging by his holier-than-thou attitude regarding Edo and genuine distaste for Yuri, he's at the right age to have studied with them both, so I'd say 15/16.

Beyond that, idfk.

GONG'S 14?! He looks pretty big for 14.

Yu-Gi-Oh has never really age-scaled well. I mean, Yugi and Joey are supposed to be the same age (14), but Kaiba was supposed to be two years older than both of them (16). (Fun fact, this means that Kaiba has a canonical IRL DoB, given that the original series was supposed to take place starting in 1999- October 25th 1983).

Anyway, I didn't know Reiji was 16, or that Kaito was definitely 18, but I stick by my logic for Sora.

I'm going with Ruri being 14 based on Dracons's reasoning and based on some sibling dynamic related dialog from ep 119, I'm going to have Shun be 17 during the friendship cup arc in my fanfic. This relevant because I'm going to show some flashbacks of Shun's past in the next chapter. Including him getting his first duel disk as a gift on his fifth birthday, winning his entrance exam for duel school and meeting Yuto right after, and finally the day Academia attacked. However I've been reminded by others that the exact ages aren't as relevant as what he and Ruri's dynamic actually is. I was just worried that I'd lose a reader over portraying Ruri as younger/older then she should be in the "first duel disk" flashback.

Archived